What I Baked/cooked Today Thread

Guest Help She Can't Swim

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ilovetakeshi

OMG AYU! YOU'RE A LEGEND! Those look soooo good! Do you think I could have the recipe for the soft hazulnut biscuits, the white choc chip amos cookies and the margarine 'bangkit' pretty please? Much appreciated! :)

And stellabella, those looks gorgeous too! Do you have a recipe as well? ;)

Guest stellabella

Thanks for the replies. I have the recipe, and I also gave it another go but a different style. This time I didn't add chocolate peanut butter cups, and I made them flatter rather than round.

Ingredients:

DSCN8226.jpg

* 1/2 cup shortening

* 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar

* 3/4 cup peanut butter

* 1 egg

* 3 tablespoons milk

* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract

* 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

* 3/4 teaspoon baking soda

* 3/4 teaspoon salt

(Makes 24 cookies)

1. Preheat over to 350 Degrees F

2. In a medium bowl, cream together shortening, brown sugar, and peanut butter until smooth.

DSCN8222.jpg

3. Stir in egg, milk, and vanilla.

DSCN8223.jpg

4. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture until well blended.

DSCN8224.jpg

5. Drop by rounded spoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet. Use a fork to make the little designs, it is okay to flatten the cookie out a bit, just make sure it is thick enough that it won't burn.

DSCN8227.jpg

6. Leave the cookies for 8-10 minutes, or whenever the cookies harden JUST A LITTLE, and the bottom of the cookie is light golden brown. I suggest putting the cookie sheet on the BOTTOM rack of your oven.

DSCN8233.jpg

NOTE: If you want to bake the PB cookies I made earlier in this thread, just buy Reeses peanut butter cups and add them to the cookie mix. It is not necessary to flatten the cookies out, just drop by rounded spoonfuls:

DSCN8184.jpg

***I also made Kimchi Bokkeumbap today! It's half eaten here because I forgot to take a picture though...

DSCN8228.jpg

Guest back-sue

This thread has inspired me to get up off m butt and bake something..

How do you make the cookies all fluffy looking?

My cookies always come out flat and ugly. :tears:

a couple days ago i made myself some ddukbokkee for dinner...it came out dark cuz i kinda put too much soy sauce...but not too much to ruin it...

11_15_06050.jpg

and yesterday i baked a cheesecake for my friend's birthday....

i kinda failed cuz the water from the water bath seeped through the tinfoil into the spring pan so it ended up being flatter than it should be...but it was still good!

11_15_06076.jpg

Guest tian`tian

*eSeul ___ do you have a good recipe for cheesecake? I want to make one for my bf when he comes back for Thanksgiving! And one for my family too. :) Yours looks beautiful!! I just might steal that pattern!! :blush: :phew:

Guest stellabella

eseul, you put soy sauce in your ddukbokkie? I wonder how that tastes. I've never put anything in my ddukbokkie except for kochujang, fish broth, and corn syrup.

*eSeul ___ do you have a good recipe for cheesecake? I want to make one for my bf when he comes back for Thanksgiving! And one for my family too. :) Yours looks beautiful!! I just might steal that pattern!! :blush: :phew:

i got my recipe from tyler florence on the food network =] and it's really good!

ingredients:

1 lb. cream cheese

1 pint sour cream

1 cup sugar

1 tspn pure vanilla extract

3 eggs

for the crust...you can buy a pre-made one or make it on your own...you just crush graham crackers or oreo cookies ( 2 cups of it ) and add about half a stick of melted butter or to a consistency where it can be patted down on the spring pan...

after patting down the crust, refrigerate it for 5 minutes...and then add the filling (all the ingredients listed above)...wrap the pan with tinfoil and put the pan in another bigger pan of hot water for a water bath...bake the entire cheesecake in the water bath in an oven of 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until when you poke the center with a fork and it comes out clean....then take it out of the oven and let it sit in the waterbath for 30 minutes...then put the cheesecake in the refrigerater for 4 hours or until it's firm or whatever consistency you desire...easy huh???? and don't forget to wrap with tinfoil tightly so the water doesn't seep into the pan because spring pans aren't too secure at the bottom

eseul, you put soy sauce in your ddukbokkie? I wonder how that tastes. I've never put anything in my ddukbokkie except for kochujang, fish broth, and corn syrup.

yea, my mom always puts soy sauce...but we never use fish broth...try it! we only use like 4 tablespoons of soy sauce and some water...but broth sounds good too...i should try that =] we can switch ideas! =D

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

the flower-shaped cheesecake looks so cute and yummy...it's one of those foods where i'd take a picture of it and then eat it like there's no tomorrow...:lol:

Guest tian`tian

i got my recipe from tyler florence on the food network =] and it's really good!

ingredients:

1 lb. cream cheese

1 pint sour cream

1 cup sugar

1 tspn pure vanilla extract

3 eggs

for the crust...you can buy a pre-made one or make it on your own...you just crush graham crackers or oreo cookies ( 2 cups of it ) and add about half a stick of melted butter or to a consistency where it can be patted down on the spring pan...

after patting down the crust, refrigerate it for 5 minutes...and then add the filling (all the ingredients listed above)...wrap the pan with tinfoil and put the pan in another bigger pan of hot water for a water bath...bake the entire cheesecake in the water bath in an oven of 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until when you poke the center with a fork and it comes out clean....then take it out of the oven and let it sit in the waterbath for 30 minutes...then put the cheesecake in the refrigerater for 4 hours or until it's firm or whatever consistency you desire...easy huh???? and don't forget to wrap with tinfoil tightly so the water doesn't seep into the pan because spring pans aren't too secure at the bottom

ooh yay thanks! :) I'm gonna try that out! But what is a spring pan? Is that jus like the pie pan? Or...a different kind? Sorry, I'm kind of a newbie at cooking stuff. :sweatingbullets:

Guest boblovesbacon

ooh yay thanks! :) I'm gonna try that out! But what is a spring pan? Is that jus like the pie pan? Or...a different kind? Sorry, I'm kind of a newbie at cooking stuff. :sweatingbullets:

A springform pan is a baking pan w/a removable bottom.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cbxjenn

z63588720.jpg

eggtart..

=_= im so angry because the shortening i used went bad (i thought it was just the smell of flour).. so when i ate it, it had this.. horrible shortening smell.

T___T 4hours of my life wasted on making bad egg tarts

Archived