[Drama 2010] Giant 자이언트

Guest purpleZ

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest purpleZ

^ The adults would take over starting episode 8 or 9 :)

Thanks for all your support for Giant. Haven't been contributing much but just updating the first post. Thanks lilcrash for the caps. Miss Luv's caps too but luckily you came in to our rescue :D

I'm so anticipating the adults performance. Especially PJH. Since this is supposed to be her first villain and serious role. She's always been playing the cheerful, funny girl. I'm curious how she'd handle this role. She's got the villain eyes already though.

I like young Kang Mo, played by Yeo Jin Goo, but all of the child actors are awesome. This is different than EOE, the only thing in common is the revenge theme. EOE was too cheesy most of the times and too much and too long same sentimental scenes (i.e. reminiscing the dead father, repeating dead father's sentence zillion of times in almost every episode, etc.). I really hope Giant will keep up this good storytelling!

Guest ChiSoju

So, much as I'm enjoying this drama, I'm a little confused now. Sungmo is working for Cho Pilyeon. I figured it was a subterfuge, but then the Doctor was shot, and General Hampton seems taken by surprise. Then, Sungmo gets training in interrogation (?), and runs a message for Cho, only to be blindsided.

How did he come to be under Cho? They had several long scenes of dialog together, but, until WITHS2 catches up, I'm puzzled.

The younger Cho looks like he will be an interesting character. I kind of enjoy Jungyun's step-brother Jungsik, now that he's started talking ;). The one who really impresses me. though, is Nam Jihyun. She is very pretty, and her acting is very natural and expressive. I hope she decides to stay with acting after High School. I can see her having a long career, especially when she no longer has to play "Young so-and-so", but can be the lead.

I was searching for something good to watch and came across this drama because it's subbed.

Episode 1 was pretty good, it is better than I anticipated. The only thing is it's so much like East of Eden, father dies, mother just gives birth to a baby, brothers are separated, brothers running after the train, etc... I hope later episodes will veer away from EOE (which I think overrated) and the story continues to capture viewers' interest.

Guest MisterX

So, much as I'm enjoying this drama, I'm a little confused now. Sungmo is working for Cho Pilyeon. I figured it was a subterfuge, but then the Doctor was shot, and General Hampton seems taken by surprise. Then, Sungmo gets training in interrogation (?), and runs a message for Cho, only to be blindsided.

How did he come to be under Cho? They had several long scenes of dialog together, but, until WITHS2 catches up, I'm puzzled.

The younger Cho looks like he will be an interesting character. I kind of enjoy Jungyun's step-brother Jungsik, now that he's started talking ;) . The one who really impresses me. though, is Nam Jihyun. She is very pretty, and her acting is very natural and expressive. I hope she decides to stay with acting after High School. I can see her having a long career, especially when she no longer has to play "Young so-and-so", but can be the lead.

Sungmo was playing "double agent," and even that term can be deceiving. Essentially, he's slowly trying to win Pilyeon's favors to then destroy him for what he did to his family. Or something to that extent. So he eventually stole the 'Nam document which saved Pilyeon's richard simmons and which concluded the Hampton arc, and has now won Pilyeon's trust, even living at his house. If the writers don't drop the ball, he'll keep this ambivalence of being his right-hand man but also someone who still wants to avenge his father. Which means he'll probably croak, knowing what happens in the prologue. ㅋㅋ

Guest ChiSoju

Mr. X - Thanks for the clarification. I thought that might be the case, but I wanted to be sure. In the past, I have completely misinterpreted plot developments when watching dramas without subs.

Guest jspark

Mr. X - Thanks for the clarification. I thought that might be the case, but I wanted to be sure. In the past, I have completely misinterpreted plot developments when watching dramas without subs.

Sung Mo wants to seek revenge for killing his family... so to do this.. he has to be closely associated with Cho Pil Yeon as possible so that he can kill him with his "own hands" when he gets the chance (later on I suppose)

So Sung Mo figures out that working for Cho will be best way to do this.

If you misinterpret plots .. please ask and I'll just recap it... lol I speak korean like a korean ... haha.. but speak english fluently as well... it's all because I lived in Korea for 9 years (went to elementary school there etc)..

But subbing is a bit hard for me.. lol I don't have the time to sub every thing that say lol :)

Guest jspark

₩100억 = $8.2 million USD

lol thanks for correcting it.. i couldn't be bothered going to the currency converter site to figure it out lol.. i read the korean article on this drama..

anyway Kang-Mo is going to be the main character of this drama... It's going to be the korean version of "Kane & Abel". Kang-Mo is going to become a famous entrepreneur/property guru.. the drama basically spans 30 years of his life and shows us how he got where he is today... (well if you saw ep1 then you'll know that Kang-Mo is the man who gets photographed by journalists etc.)

Kang-Mo becomes the Donald Trump.. and Cho tries to kill him

Kind of like "rags to riches".. lol but it's going to be interesting.. I can't wait until the "love" scenes start lol.. the adult actors will get more viewers.. I'm sure it's going to take over Dong-Yi

Guest ChiSoju

... lol I speak korean like a korean ... haha.. but speak english fluently as well... it's all because I lived in Korea for 9 years (went to elementary school there etc)..

But subbing is a bit hard for me.. lol I don't have the time to sub every thing that say lol :)

Well, my Korean is pretty sparse, but what I do know helps. Like, there was the scene where Jeongyeon starts to turn away from Kangmo. He says something to her, and I pick out the word "Chingu". I'm like, "'Chingu' means . . . uh . . . friend, right? So, he's saying he wants them to be friends!" :D

Uh, that was what he was saying, right? B)

Guest harumi_chikamatsu

I'm badly missing the caps! :(

Omo...I'm so sorry I haven't been here for so long...the truth is...I've fallen behind and still stuck at episode 5...

I'm leaving for South America this weekend and won't be back until late June.

I promise I'll be here more often after I come back...hehe...

Oh...I'm so happy to see the adults finally...here are some pictures from the last part of episode 8.

giant8n1.jpg

giant8n2.jpg

giant8n3.jpg

giant8n4.jpg

giant8n5.jpg

Archived