Shin Ha Kyun 신하균

Guest OreoVampire

April 6, 2013
Jang Hyuk vs Song Seung Hun vs Shin Ha Kyun: The Wed-Thu Actor War
CJ E&M enewsWorld Choi, EunHwa Translation Credit : Erika Kim   
On Monday and Tuesday, viewers will bear witness to an actress war, but yet another big war is coming up for Wednesdays and Thursdays.
With the first episode of SBS′ Everything About My Relationship, which aired on April 4, Shin Ha Kyun has joined in the battle between Jang Hyuk and Song Seung Hun to take up a corner in another three-way competition.
40215123.jpg

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research, KBS2′s Iris 2, starring Jang Hyuk, was in the lead for the most recent battle on April 4 with 11.1 percent viewership ratings. The number was closely followed by Song Seung Hun′s MBC When a Man Loves with 10.1 percent while Shin Ha Kyun′s Everything About My Relationship started up slowly with 7.4 percent.
So far the stats have been showing Jang Hyuk is at an advantage.
Through his drama, he′s been showing again that he is the king of action scenes. He effectively uses everything from guns to his own bare hands to put on jaw-dropping action scenes, showing he is on an entirely different level.
The way he transformed into Ken of Iris after being kidnapped by the terrorist organization especially flaunted his prowess by showing he could switch between completely different characters in a short time. His loving eyes became cold and indifferent ones, but it didn′t look awkward one bit.
Song Seung Hun has been putting on his own romantic show in When a Man Loves. He appears as Han Tae Sang, a man who looks cold on the outside but actually has a warm heart. He managed to steal female hearts with his looks, fit body and romantic personality.
Through the first and second episodes, the actor set the definition of ′romantic macho′, becoming a man of pure love before his woman, Seo Mi Do (Shin Se Kyung).
Shin Ha Kyun, on the other hand, has been going a lighter route with his romantic comedy Everything About My Relationship. Despite his new image, he′s still managed to show he holds the crazy acting skills he showed off in KBS2′s Brain.
The actor appeared as the former justice and current assemblyman Kim Soo Young. His sarcastic and cynical personality successfully became a comical one as his character was taken to the extreme, drawing laughs from his viewers.
Though his drama lagged behind his other two competitors, he shone in his role and showed he had a great chance of rising to the higher ranks.
The charismatic Jang Hyuk, romantic Song Seung Hun and comical Shin Ha Kyun will be putting on an interesting battle in the weeks to come.
Photo credit: enews DB

April 4, 2013
All About My Romance Episode 1: Shin Ha Gyun Gets Hit on The Head by a Fire Extinguisher by Lee Min Jung
Posted by via at Koreandrama.com l Nate
201304050711071310_1.jpg
In the first episode of All About My Romance, Kim Soo Young(played by Shin Ha Gyun) got hit on the head by a fire extinguisher by Noh Min Young(played by Lee Min Jung) on their first encounter.Soo Young was a member of a ruling party, while Min Young was a member of a progressive party. As the ruling party and the opposition parties had a conflict about bringing in a new press law, the ruling party tried to use Soo Young as a bait to pass it through. Min Young who was against it, grabbed a fire extinguisher to hit the closed door.
Just when she swung the fire extinguisher, Soo Young opened the door and got hit on the head. He lost his consciousness and was taken to the hospital right away.
When he woke up, he got mad and called Min Young as the axis of evil, and he also pretended to be seriously injured to make her feel bad. Min Young visited him to apologize, but saw him with absolutely no physical defects, and raged at him.
Source: TVreport

April 4, 2013
All About My Romance Episode 1: Lee Min Jung Accidentally Kisses Shin Ha Gyun's Chest
Posted by via at Koreandrama.com
333280_1.jpg
68133f85871de5732cb2afc4eec220e5.jpg

In the first episode of All About My Romance, Noh Min Young(played by Lee Min Jung) accidentally kissed Kim Soo Young(played by Shin Ha Gyun)’s chest.
Min Young found out Soo Young has been pretending to be seriously injured after she accidentally hit his head with a fire extinguisher. She raged, “You said you were dying!” Soo Young replied, “I somehow revived.” Min Young sarcastically said, “Oh wow, then I must be witnessing a miracle.”
The two kept arguing at the hospital’s staircase. Min Young then started to drag him and said, “Come on. Let’s go tell the reporters everything.” Soo Young tried to shake her hands off him. Just then the buttons of his shirt got ripped off, and Min Young lost her balance and wobbled at the edge of the staircase.
Soo Young pulled her towards his chest to save her, but Min Young’s lips ended up landing on his bare chest.
Source: Hankooki
1365178860685.jpg

April 7, 2013
Lee Byung Heon vs Shin Ha Gyun, the competition of Lee Min Jung's men
By Lee Mi-Ji | STAR N News 
20130405184338712.jpg

Lee Byung Heon and Shin Ha Gyun will be having an intense competition.
On April 5th, Korea Film Council's data showed the 'Running Man' topped in Box Office ranking, winning over 'G.I.Joe 2'.
However, 'G.I.Joe 2' is also showing a big power. Not only did it achieve the highest opening score of March, it was attended by over 1 million people only a week after it was released.
One interesting fact that is intriguing many people is the competition of Lee Byung Heon and Shin Ha Gyun. It is a well known fact that Lee Byung Heon is Lee Min Jung's boyfriend, and Shin Ha Gyun is casting in SBS drama 'All About My Love' as Lee Min Jung's boyfriend.
First of all, 'G.I.Joe 2' is the sequel of Lee Byung Heon's first Hollywood movie, 'G.I.Joe', and Lee Byung Heon showed more power action. He went through an intense physical training, and his amazing body shape is also attracting more people to theaters.
In addition, Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson joined the movie as well, and many movie fans were even more satisfied.
On the other hand, 'Running Man' is the first Korean film that 20th Century Fox invested in, and many people have been growing largely anticipated for the movie. Furthermore, the fact that Shin Ha Gyun made his first try in action is drawing many people's attention as well.
The story of a father and a son in 'Running Man' is also one of the factors that are bringing more people to the theaters.
More than anything, the fact that 'All About My Love' is getting a great number of positive comments will give some positive influences to the commercial success of 'Running Man'.
While Lee Byung Heon's action is flashy, Shin Ha Gyun's action is more lively, and many people are showing great anticipation for the result of their intense competition.

April 8, 2013
"Running Man" Scoops Up No. 1 Spot in Korean Box Office
Reporter : Eun Ah Lee Editor : Nemo Kim KSTAR10 l Nate
1365351663_494026.jpg
The Korean poster of "Running Man," which opened at the Korean theaters on April 4, 2013. [20th Century Fox Film Coporation]
The new Korean comedy-action “Running Man” has landed at the No. 1 spot on the Korean Box office.  The newly released film grabbed the top spot after drawing in 501,908 moviegoers during the weekend of April 5 to 7, Korean Box Office Information System [KOBIS] showed Monday.  Starring Shin Ha-Kyun, the 127-minute action film centers round Cha Jong Woo who is on the run in order to prove his innocence after he becomes a murder suspect.   Hollywood sci-fi action “G. I. Joe: Retaliation” dropped to the No. 2 spot with 464,619 moviegoers last weekend.  While “Very Ordinary Couple” slipped down to the No. 3 spot with 206,164 moviegoers, Korean drama “My Paparotti” ranked at the fourth position grabbing 146,450 moviegoers.   Last week's newly released films included the Hollywood sci-fi fantasy “The Host,” the U.S. romantic comedy from  “Hope Springs,” and the Korean romance “In My End Is My Beginning.” Other films which entertained Korean moviegoers last weekend were third top-grossing Korean film of all time “Miracle in Cell No. 7,” the Korean film noir “New World,” and the Hollywood zombie romance “Warm Bodies.”

April 8, 2013
Korean Box Office: Running Man Quick Off the Mark (04/05-04/07, 2013)
Pierce Conran MKC
130226_hanjy0111.jpg

Business remained on par with last year in the slow spring season as theaters sold just over 1.6 million tickets. With only one significant foreign film making an impact at the Korean box office, the local market share stood at 60%, half of which came from the frame's big new release.
This week's no.1 is noteworthy due to it being the first Korean film fully financed by a Hollywood studio, further blurring the lines of national cinemas in a time when co-productions are quickly becoming the norm. Fox International Production's Running Man, starring Shin Ha-gyun (Save the Green Planet) barely eked out a victory with 501,908 admissions, a solid if unremarkable start for a high profile action pic. As with most Korean films, word of mouth will be crucial to ensure success. Critics have not been kind but the buzz from the public has been decent which may be enough see the film through to a small profit. However, it faces direct local competition next week.
Following a strong start, G.I. Joe 2, featuring local megastar Lee Byung-hun (A Bittersweet Life), fell just 35% for 464,617. A soft slide for a foreign action film and all the more surprising given the competition that stole its top spot this week. It will probably see a sharper fall next weekend but it will easily make it over the 2 million mark.
The well-received romance Very Ordinary Couple, starring Kim Min-hee (Helpless) and Lee Min-ki (Quick), stumbled 42% for 206,164 and may have missed its chance at getting over the 2 million milestone, though it has still had a respectable run.
The Han Suk-kyu (The Berlin File) and Lee Je-hoon (The Front Line) dramatic vehicle My Paparotti took in 146,450 following a 38% decline and is also unlikely to reach a second milestone.
Gang pic New World, featuring a lot of star wattage in the form of Lee Jeon-jae (The Thieves), Choi Min-sik (Oldboy) and Hwang Jeong-min (The Unjust), brought in another 62,591 as it quietly finishes its run. With 4.6 million admissions and counting, it's one of 2013 biggest hits to date.
Opening at no.10 was Min Kyu-dong's In the End Is My Beginning, starring Uhm Jeong-hwa (Dancing Queen) and Hwang Jeong-min with a paltry 20,416. Granted the film is actually from 2009 as it is merely the feature version of a short that appeared in omnibus Five Senses of Eros.
Next week features yet another Hwang Jeong-min film in the form of the testosterone-fueled Kwang Woo-suk MMA flick Fists of Legend. The CJ film will be looking for a big start. Also debuting will be the US sci-fi action thriller Oblivion, starring Tom Cruise.
Source: kobis.or.kr
1365405025_494385.jpg

April 11, 2013
Growing Korean film industry flexes international muscle
Hallyu stars on demand in Hollywood 
By Chung Ah-young The Korea Times
Just a few years ago Korea was not an attractive destination for Hollywood stars to promote their films ― they either went to Japan or China or Hong Kong, often skipping Korea. 
But now the nation is becoming a must-stop location for movie stars. In recent months, high-profile Hollywood mega stars such as Hugh Jackman, Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert Downey Jr., Arnold Schwarzenegger and Tom Cruise have rushed to Korea because the domestic film market is growing dramatically. Rising marketing point
The Korean cinematic market size was valued at over 1.4 trillion won in 2012, an increase of 21 percent last year from 1.2 trillion won in 2011, rising to number seven in world rankings ― on par with that of Germany’s.
Last year, the number of moviegoers surpassed 194.89 million, up 22 percent from 159.72 million the previous year. The buying power of Korean moviegoers is strong enough to make foreign distributors concerned about their share in the market.
Among some foreign blockbusters that found success here last year was “Les Miserables,” a musical starring Anne Hathaway and Hugh Jackman. 
“As the Korean market rises in the world rankings, Hollywood cineastes keen on pioneering a new market in other regions are showing great interest. As part of this, more Hollywood A-listers are visiting Korea to grab the hearts of the local audience,” said Park Lucia, an official of CJ E&M, a major film distributor.
She said that their interest is shown in various ways such as participating in the production of Korean films or casting Korean actors in their movies.
“Running Man” directed by Cho Dong-oh is the first Korean movie fully funded by a major Hollywood studio, Fox International Productions ― part of 20th Century Fox ― and starring Shin Ha-kyun and Lee Min-ho. The company has so far invested in 50 non-English language films in more than 11 countries. Fox earlier grabbed the opportunity to invest here among other foreign entertainment giants, partially financing in the crime thriller “Hwanghae,” a 2010 mega-hit.
Bae Doo-na starred in the sci-fi film “Cloud Atlas” directed byLana and Andy Wachowski along with Hollywood A-listers Tom Hanks and Halle Berry. Lee Byung-hun appeared in the sci-fi action movie, “G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation.” Lee’s bigger role as Storm Shadow is believed to have boosted sales at the box office, according to the local distributor. Other actors co-starring with Lee came to Korea to promote the film last month.
Also Korean directors are developing their reputations in Hollywood. Park Chan-wook made his Hollywood debut with “Stoker” starring Nicole Kidman and Matthew Goode, which has received rave reviews from critics worldwide. Kim Jee-woon made his first attempt at Hollywood with “Last Stand,” starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Forest Whitaker. 
“Promoting foreign films is difficult unlike local films as Korean actors can frequently show up in public. So the growing role of Korean actors in Hollywood and foreign stars’ visits here can contribute to leaving a strong impression about their films on Korean fans,” Park said.
Korea-friendly marketing
At the end of last year, Jackman visited Korea to promote “Les Miserables” and revealed that he is a fan of figure skater Kim Yu-na and expressed his desire to meet her in person. 
This was seen as momentum that drove the popularity of the movie here. He was appointed as a good-will ambassador of Seoul in 2009 and is now a household name in the capital among other Hollywood stars. 
Tom Cruise received an honorary citizenship from Busan, the nation’s largest port city, home to the annual Busan International Film Festival, during his visit to Korea to promote “Jack Reacher” in January. Cruise is known as a Hollywood celebrity who has special attachment to Korea because he has visited here six times. The local distributor said that he chooses Korea as the first destination of Asian tours to promote his films.
“Many Hollywood stars who have visited are deeply impressed by the fervent support of Korean fans. They are fascinated by their hearty reactions. So they repeatedly visit Korea,” she said.
Park also said that they naturally chose more Korea-friendly marketing to woo Korean audiences. “Because of the increasing influence of the Korean audience, they are getting keener on what Korean fans like the most and are interested in,” said Park.
Robert Downey Jr. performed the horse dance to Psy’s“Gangnam Style” during his promotional visit to Seoul for “Iron Man 3” last week. The film will have its global premiere in Seoul on April 25, a week ahead of the U.S. premiere. It is rare for a Hollywood blockbuster to have its premiere in Korea, indicative of the growing status of the Korean movie industry in the world. "I want to thank the brothers and sisters of Korea. Korea has been one of the key markets for Iron Man," Downey said. 
Korean stars who act in Hollywood films are also contributing to the digital forms of advertizing. 
Bae promoted her new film in Korea through a mobile application. She said that the film is “a piece of work that marks a milestone in cinema history” and she was “excited to hear the names of her co-stars.” 
Given that 60 percent or 30 million out of 50 million mobile phone owners use smartphones, the digital gadgets are ideal for conducting effective promotional campaigns. 
Press conferences of promotional events for foreign films are streamed live online. When Jackman and Cameron Mackintosh visited here for “Les Miserables” last year, their fans could watch a real-time international video conference.

April 10, 2013
Sin Ha-gyoon makes amends with Lee Min-jeong
Source: Nate via Hancinema.net
201304110520201118_1.jpg

Sin Ha-gyoon and Lee Min-jeong made peace.
On the episode of the SBS drama "Everything About My Relationship" on the 10th, Kim Soo-yeong (Sin Ha-gyoon) who just got out of the hospital and Noh Min-yeong (Lee Min-jeong) who swung a fire extinguisher at him, met in front of a bunch of reporters.
Kim Soo-yeong claimed, "I wasn't mentally affected and I was just in the hospital for check up".
Noh Min-yeong smiled a curious smile and welcomed him out of the hospital. Kim Soo-yeong whispered to her, "I will take up your offer".
Kim Soo-yeong told the reporters, "I will forgive and not sue. The extinguisher incident was just an accident. I am willing to forget about it".
Noh Min-yeong didn't seemed pleased with this announcement but she smiled forcefully in front of the reporters.

April 12, 2013
"All About My Love Life" Lee Min Jung Remembers Shin Ha Kyun in Her Past
Source: KDramaStars l Nate
201304112226530510_1.jpg

"All About My Love Life" Lee Min Jung thinks of the moment when she saw Shin Ha Kyun in the past.April 11, the 3rd episode of the SBS drama "All About My Love Life" featured No Min Young (Lee Min Jung) makes a spiteful remark at the people drinking at during the assembly to protest against the government.
No Min Young soon regrets her short temper and her rash decision to make the remarks. Realizing this, Kim Soo Young (Shin Ha Kyun) asks her to grab some drinks. While drinking, Kim Soo Young asks, "No Min Young, why do you live like that? If you go around taking your anger out on everybody, who is going to take you seriously, the citizens?"
No Min Young answers, "It's my job whether they take me seriously or not. Everybody wants to be respected. Even fruit or even weeds grow better if we compliment them. We always get criticized. I am completely clueless as to what I am doing."
No Min Young remembers the time she saw Kim Soo Young giving a speech to a crowd during some time before the general election. No Min Young says, "To be honest, I saw you during the election while I was passing by." Kim Soo Young however, also knew No Min Young before she became a member of the National Assembly.
No Min Young says, "You seemed like you were running in the presidential election, not general. What you said about how you were going to fix everything, were those all lies?" Kim Soo Young replies, "Life doesn't always go as planned."
No Min Young drinks too much and begins to cry. Kim Soo Young tells her, "It's never a good thing to see somebody eat and then cry like a baby."

April 12, 2013
"All About My Love Life" Han Chae Ah Tries to Seduce Shin Ha Kyun with Her Sexy Figure
Source: KdramaStars l Nate
201304120706091710_1.jpg

"All About My Love Life" Han Chae Ah officially begins her plans to seduce Shin Ha Kyun.
April 11, the 3rd episode of the SBS drama "All About My Love Life" featured An Hee Sun (Han Chae Ah) deciding to seduce Kim Soo Young (Shin Ha Kyun) after feeling the romantic tension beginning to develop between him and No Min Young (Lee Min Jung).
When An Hee Sun learns about Kim Soo Young taking No Min Young's side in a recent crisis, she becomes completely taken off guard. Even before she had time to think, Kim Soo Young comes to see An Hee Sun to confront her about the crisis. Right then, An Hee Sun realizes that something is definitely going on between Kim Soo Young and No Min Young. Surprised, An Hee Sun tells him angrily, "The article was approved for release by the government" and "Are you in your right mind, taking No Min Young's side? She is the woman who hit you with a fire extinguisher. Are masochists your type? Then I'll whip you with a leather whip."
Feeling threatened, An Hee Sun goes to see Kim Soo Young and says, "You know I like you, right?" and officially begins her attempt to seduce him.
Kim Soo Young answers, "I don't know, you're always joking around so much" and An Hee Sun replies, "I used to, right? But I'm not going to anymore. I want you to see me as a woman now. And for your information, I'm wearing a leather skirt. Aren't I sexy?" An Hee Sun then shows off her sexy figure.
The love triangle officially begins even though Kim Soo Young has already begun falling for No Min Young.

April 11, 2013
All About My Romance Episode 3 Review: Lee Min Jung Gets Drunk in Front of Shin Ha Gyun
Posted by Puddle Koreandrama.com
In All About My Romance, episode 3, Noh Min Young(played by Lee Min Jung) got drunk in front of Kim Soo Young(played by Shin Ha Gyun).
Min Young started crying and said, “I’m afraid of the future. I lack energy. I have a feeling I’ll become a lonely grandma.” Then she suddenly got angry saying, “If I can’t eat sea eel or chicken feet, people criticize me by saying, ‘Why can’t you eat? You’re from the Progressive Party’. I have rights to like food that I like. I have my own preference.”
Soo Young was flustered, and kept saying, “Okay, I’m sorry. It’s all my fault.”
She also mentioned, “As long as your topless photo is saved on my phone, you’re my slave.”Source: Startoday

April 11, 2013
All About My Romance Episode 3 Review: Shin Ha Gyun Keeps Thinking of Lee Min Jung
Posted by Puddle Koreandrama.com
In All About My Romance, episode 3, Kim Soo Young(played by Shin Ha Gyun) couldn’t get Noh Min Young(played by Lee Min Jung) out of his head.
The two got closer after having a drink together. Soo Young’s heart beat faster when he saw Min Young dowse after drinking too much alcohol. He took her home, and went home himself.At home, he kept thinking of Min Young’s drunken face.
The next morning, Soo Young went for a jog all the way near her house. As she apologized through a text message, Soo Young replied, “I’ll only accept an analog apology.”
Source: Sportsseoul

April 11, 2013
"Everything About My Relationship" Shin Ha Kyun falls for Lee Min Jung
Source: Newsen via Hancinema.net
1365719639637.jpg
Nate
Sin Ha-gyoon fell for Lee Min-jeong.
On the third episode of the SBS drama "Everything About My Relationship", Kim Soo-yeong (Sin Ha-gyoon) sent a drunken Noh Min-yeong (Kim Min-jeong) home.
Noh's policy advisor Song Joon-ha (Park Hee-soon) was waiting for her to come home in front of her house. She called him 'oppa' at the moment she saw him and Kim Soo-yeong felt jealous.
Kim Soo-yeong returned home and kept thinking of her.
Kim Soo-yeong went out jogging the next day and ended up in front of her house. At that time, Noh Min-yeong apologized for her behavior the previous day and Kim made her come outside.
He was able to return home after seeing her face.
12496180.jpg
Nate