[JAPAN DRAMA 2010] 月の恋人~MOON LOVERS

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Thank you !!!

I love them too, and I do think they are both doing well !!!

I love how you described the moon and the relationship between Ren and Xiu Mei, it's a really beautiful story and very deep , They are indeed the Moon lover's but I was in the beginning of the show really thinking it's a love tragedy!!! I'll be disappointed if the witers are following some people opinion.. Because it would be like BETRAY the plot of the storyline they draw so far !!!

My two cents.....

simoneaw, c_gunawan541

Hello guys! I thought I was the only one rooting for REN and XIU MEI.. but I'm happy that, I'm not the alone.

I was hooked to this drama mainly because of REN and XIU MEI, the first 3 eps were focus on them, boy couldn't contained my giddiness feeling especially the kissing scene, but when I saw maeme always seeing the moon for some strange reason I had a gut feeling that my couple would not get a good ending that I' want. Yeah after Ch 4 I stopped watching it coz don't wanna be disappointed.

So what was exactly the original plot line out of curiosity?..

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm, can someone tell me the title for the tango music used in the end of ep 1 ? pleasee...

I hope the OST come out soon, I really love the music. I for one support Ren / XiuMei but I don't mind if Ren ended up with Maemi if the writer could make it believable and not rushed it in the end which was very disappointing to me.

Guest rice_baby

I am so hooked on drama. Can't wait for the final episode.

Continuing the conversation about who Ren's going to end up with...

Even if Ren doesn't end up with Maemi, don't you think that they should explain why the heck Maemi keeps staring at the moon? They put in so much effort to connect her with the title.

To clarity, Shui Mei's character has MOSTLY Japanese lines whereas Kazami has fewer scenes speaking (I agree, horrible) Chinese. However, the story and dialogue aren't relying on those few lines, but it is the case for Shui Mei. So yea, it can be quite annoying, at least for me, to watch. I know she's Taiwanese and she's learning Japanese, that doesn't excuse the stage direction or her choice (since either one or both can be possible) for her choppy speech. Same for Kazami's poor mandarin pronunciation, but it's not scrutinized as much because it's not as vital to the story. To be fair though, Lin Chi Ling or rather her character shouldn't shoulder the responsibility of the drama's poor ratings. The root of the problem is the predictive plot and script, and KimuTaku's overused acting methods and expressions. As much as I like KimuTaku's dramas, it's not a good sign when the supporting characters are upstaging the main character. Even Keiko's character and acting is more refreshing and complex to watch.

Guest marinai

I am so hooked on drama. Can't wait for the final episode.

Continuing the conversation about who Ren's going to end up with...

Even if Ren doesn't end up with Maemi, don't you think that they should explain why the heck Maemi keeps staring at the moon? They put in so much effort to connect her with the title.

Keiko character's looked at the moon too, and the most important everytime Ren/Xiu Me are interacting they are under the moon which evolves with their relationship, So who are the moon lovers?

Maemi and Yuziki watc the moon thinking about Ren but it's one sided!!! Even if Maemi is a nice girl if she ends up with Ren suddenly I'll be disappointed....Iy would not make sense !

To clarity, Shui Mei's character has MOSTLY Japanese lines whereas Kazami has fewer scenes speaking (I agree, horrible) Chinese. However, the story and dialogue aren't relying on those few lines, but it is the case for Shui Mei. So yea, it can be quite annoying, at least for me, to watch. I know she's Taiwanese and she's learning Japanese, that doesn't excuse the stage direction or her choice (since either one or both can be possible) for her choppy speech. Same for Kazami's poor mandarin pronunciation, but it's not scrutinized as much because it's not as vital to the story. To be fair though, Lin Chi Ling or rather her character shouldn't shoulder the responsibility of the drama's poor ratings. The root of the problem is the predictive plot and script, and KimuTaku's overused acting methods and expressions. As much as I like KimuTaku's dramas, it's not a good sign when the supporting characters are upstaging the main character. Even Keiko's character and acting is more refreshing and complex to watch.

I kinda agree partly with your post, since I think Keiko character is interesting (more interesting than Maemi for instance because she's growing in episode 5 and is trying to let go of Ren even if she loves him, her acting is really fine, but fairly she appears quite more less than Ren, so she can be outstanding easilywhile Ren, XM, and even Maemi (even if she's doing eveytime the same have more screentime and are holding the show, Kimutaku is doing fine for me but I haven't seen his other work exept for Pride which was good but reall dragging at the end....This show is faster and I love the pace even if they could have develloped some characters more....Maemi other than her crush/love for Ren who is her???Hardworking lady ....For Ren once again she needs to think about HER and her own objectives in life, Ren could have been more developped too...So far with Kimura glances we have to guess...That' good and misterious but sometimes a bit annoying , Xiu Mei too.....Hope the show won't betray itself for pleasing some people it would be ridiculous !!!

Guest rice_baby

Episode 6 is out

http://www.youtube.com/user/moonlovers2010

My work computer doesn't have audio so I'll have to wait until I get home to watch it. Even though I'm just reading the subtitles... audio is important.

Guest rice_baby

I was definitely sure that Rensuke was going to end up with Xiu Mei but after episode 6, I'm not so sure anymore.

POSSIBLE SPOILER- For those who haven't watched episode 6

It seems that the reasons Xiu Mei leaves is as much for herself as it is for Rensuke. She can't change the way she thinks the world should be and although she loves Rensuke, she's not going to give that up. Regolith is Rensuke's dream and during such a vulnerable time for the company, there isn't any point left in pressuring him over the Shanghai factory.

I didn't really get her part of the phone conversation during the end, where she said although she's smiling outside, she crying inside. (something along those lines)

Guest colloquy

The biggest problem with this drama is Takuya Kimura. He just isn't convincing in this role... I can think of a few other older, attractive actors that would have suited this type of role a lot better.

It's almost finally over, thank goodness. The last 30 mins is when I actually started to enjoy this drama. This is one KimuTaku drama that pains me to watch but have to finish watching anyway because I've already invested so much into Ryoko and Keiko. I guess I'm Ryoko biased, but it's nice to see Maemi sticking by Resuke when everyone else has dropped him and to see more of the history between the pair is nice, should've been introduced earlier on, but w/e at this point. And love the interaction between her and Keiko near the end.

Guest nanuko31

Before Tsuki no koibito was airing, i've read an article about Shinohara Ryoko who said she didn't want to play with KimuTaku. FujuTv had to put on the table a lot of money and the promise about a different project involving her husband.

Like a lot of people, i am so disappointed by this dorama. Maybe the last episode was a little better, Kimura shows something else, more expressions. So i suppose he choose willingly his mono-facial acting in the past episodes. Not a good choice for me :(

Maybe the fact that the lead actress didn't want to play first with the lead actor had an impact on the result.

The plot : no comment : failed !

The chinese actress : please do something with your voice, improve your acting skills, i can't bear her (i apologize to her fans)

Matsuda Shota was not at his best too.

I feel like the shooting must be uncomfortable, and it felt on screen too, not a lot of chemistry between all this people.

Guest Leto

Tsuki no Koibito was a really unpredictable drama....that's not necessarily good though. I literally had no clue what the ending would be until Rensuke & Xiu Mei's scene at the airport.

Chi-Ling's acting definitely could've been better, although her last few scenes were actually decent.

I think the only part that really jerked me was when Rensuke was explaining the design for his new chair. -_-

Guest flyxme.

just finished the final episode

"the two of us....meat" lmfaooo

disappointing drama, the good thing was kimura takuya cause he's hot lol

and the awesome insert song..other than that, the plot was failfailfail

the drama could have went on without xiumei staying in japan...

fave characters were kitagawwa, kijihata, rina, and tsuguo ><

I'm a little disappointed for the ending. I mean I'm glad that Ren and Maemi got together but I feel like everything was a rush w/ everyone's character. I still don't understand why Kazami has to go behind Ren's back and betray him. Kazami's storyline was not clear and the writer should of had write more childhood scenes of Ren and Maemi together to make viewers know of what they were like when they were little. In my opinion, I feel that the writer should of have spend less on the Regolith's plot line and instead focus on everyone's character development because I don't see a lot of chemistry btw all of them. Overall, I love the ost.

*rolls eyes* at the ending.. everything is not clear and not elaborated, felt forced and rushed. Very disappointing, could be great at first but went down the drain as it goes. I have given up hope of Xiumei and Ren when XM left (fake) for Shanghai in ep5 (or was it ep4?).

Well, it's not Takuya's problem or any of the cast, it's the script... the characters elaboration is not done well enough.

Guest chloe.c

Just started this drama, kind of wished for XM and Ren...but since its Maemi and Ren...eh, oh well. But I definitely agree, they shoudl develop Maemi and Ren's relationship a lot better. Even though I jJUST started, but I could kind of tell there would be lack of development. I don't think they show how close/good friends they are enough. If they did this since the beginning, then I think it would be better for comprehension.

So far, beginning is okay, but hearing the comments, I don't expect it to be that amazing. But I would have to say the plot is pretty weak already and I'd say kind of cliche too, with taking revenge through love, etc.

Guest she-smiles

SPOILER ALERT:

Just got done watching this drama. I watched this all in one day, 'cause I was hooked! From the start, I was a REN+XUI MEI shipper. But the ending was very unexpected, and for me, it was quite disappointing. Their last scene together (at the airport), when Ren said goodbye to her, I thought "Ohh well he's gonna go fetch her later probably. Or she'll come back." Buttttttttttt NOPE.

It's probably more cliche if they did end up together, but from the start, this drama made it seem that way, which was misleading to me. He cared for her, and was concerned about her.... ways in which he didn't show to Maemi. And Xui Mei felt the same for him -SIGH-

I almost shed some tears just because they didn't end up together. Seriously.

-SIGH- I'm gonna continue moping now....

Archived