Jang Keun Suk 장근석

shiro401

[News] ‘Through Jackpot (Royal Gambler), Actor Jang Keun Suk’s Acting Spectrum Was Confirmed’

[Sports Chosun] Through Jackpot (Royal Gambler), actor Jang Keun Suk is marking his own brand new acting skills milestone.

In the drama, the role of Daegil kept transforming, Jang Keun Suk has correspondingly matched the changes very well. He has left a brilliant mark in his historical drama acting abilities report.

Jang Keun Suk, who is challenging historical drama acting after 8 years, through the role Daegil, he has used a completely different acting concept to the past and has become a hot topic amongst the TV drama industry lately. Baek Daegil has a totally different charisma and powerful passion to the innocent Master Eun-Ho in ‘Hwang Jini’ and the tragic prince Lee Chang-Hwi in ‘Hong Gil Dong’, showing people how great Jang Keun Suk is in his passionate acting skills.

The reason for Jang Keun Suk’s acting skills being more convincing (who didn’t shy from the hardship his body had to go through), is because through this drama, he has shown his acting skills perfectly with the passion he has for the drama combined with the acting skills he has accumulated over the years.

26818618390_155c30de29_c.jpg

Baek Daegil is different to the other characters in the drama, he developed through experiencing a lot of transformations. Because of this, it required showing different types of feelings but Jang Keun Suk has digested this very well.

Only by doing this – accumulated various acting skills through experiencing different types of dramas and roles, Jang Keun Suk can play Baek Daegil so well as one who has gone through so much in his life. Because of this, not only Jackpot (Royal Gambler) is Jang Keun Suk’s diary of development and strong desire of vengeance, there are also touching romantic segments and scary horrible scenes. Jackpot is controlling the latest TV drama time.

After revealing the acting capabilities which he has mastered over a long time, viewers are waiting to see what else Jang Keun Suk will show us in the remaining episodes. It is receiving a lot attention from viewers.

In the 15th episode aired on the 16th, Lee In-Jwa told Daegil he’s the son of King Suk-jong surprising the viewers. After knowing this, everyone is curious as to what Daegil will do.

The 16th episode of Jank Keun Suk’s SBS drama, ‘Jackpot’ will be aired tonight (17th) at 10pm.

source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0002932574
English translation: Wen Lee from ECI

• Like 1

[News] "Daebak" Jang Keun Suk’s challenge leaving behind his pretty boy image, who can throw stones at him anymore?’

[OSEN] The biggest power leading Jackpot (Royal Gambler) is actor Jang Keun Suk.
‘Multi-talented Hallyu Star’, although this description makes one happy and glamorous, but in his bones he is full of all sorts of uncountable charisma, a man with solid acting abilities, this is actor Jang Keun Suk. So, for Jang Keun Suk to let everything down, relying on just ‘passion’ and ‘extreme hard hard’, it is SBS drama ‘Jackpot’ (Royal Gamber), (scriptwriter Park Soon Ga, director Nam Gun & Park Soon Ho).

The drama Jackpot (Royal Gambler) is already more than half way, the stories that were accumulating are now gradually exploding one by one, raising the viewers’ anxiety. Secret of birth, time of revolting, person who’s dead is now possibly still alive. These stories are now changing.

The most suitable actor in his role is Jang Keun Suk as Daegil. Because he is one who can leave behind his known image and works hard continuously in order to blend well into the role.

Jang Keun Suk has perfectly changed his image through his performance in Jackpot (Royal Gambler). Trendy, pretty boy, Hallyu star, etc etc. When people think of JKS, the first thing they think of surrounds his external look. But in Jackpot, JKS completely doesn’t match these descriptions. Sufferance, well-known figure, manly, survival instinct, gambler, etc etc. Now he has a completely new change in image.

27024319461_625339d40a_z.jpg

Actually, JKS already showed his unique passion and resolution prior to the start of Jackpot. The scriptwriter and director who chose JKS said JKS used his passion completely, energetically completed scenes of rolling about, submerged in mud flats and richard simmons hole, fell off the cliff etc. Known as pretty boy Hallyu star JKS, at the beginning, not many viewers expected much from him. But JKS overturned the bias surrounding him, he played Daegil perfectly, a well known figure who stubbornly managed to stay alive.

The term ‘passion’ is hard to describe with words. The hard work that actor JKS did was through performing perfect scenes one after another. Surviving several near deaths, no matter whether it was submerged in richard simmons hole or mud flats, enabling viewers to immerse into Daegil’s story, was because of actor JKS’ amazing hard work and his resolution to give his all.

The viewers who have been watching Jackpot steadfastly since the first episode, are full of praise for the actors, especially so for actor JKS who has successfully completed a 180 degrees change in his image, who didn’t shy away from putting up with hardship, he received good reviews continuously. ‘JKS is no longer Geun-chan, we only see Daegil’, ‘Only JKS can play Daegil’, etc. As the viewers who praised JKS said, they look forward to JKS’ development and transformations through his performance in Jackpot.

source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003320566
English translation: Wen Lee from ECI

• Like 2

[News] Jang Geun Suk talks about chewing on a real snake for 'Daebak' drama

Jang Geun Suk revealed how he felt during the scene when he had to chew on a real snake for the SBS drama 'Daebak'. 

At the press conference for the drama on May 20, Jang Geun Suk said, "I was already expecting hard work and heard the script writer's thorough explanations beforehand, so I had trust and decided to follow no matter what." 

Ci4o9nyVEAEE826.jpg

He continued talking about the difficult scenes, saying, "When there was a hard scene, I started by wondering if I am capable to do them. Out of the many that required my great focus, there was never a scene this hard. It really allowed me the time to rethink my job as an actor." 

Jang Geun Suk then brought up the snake eating scene. He said, "It wasn't that hard eating snakes and stuff. When the red light comes on the camera, there is a pressure to portray something. In 'The Royal Gambler', I just chewed on a live crab, but later on when I think about it, I can feel vomit coming up my throat." He also added, "At first I doubted that it'll be a real snake, but they actually brought one, so I filmed it with a real snake." 

For those of you who missed out on Jang Geun Suk's vigorous snake chewing scene, check out the clip above starting 1:10.

Jang Geun Suk is so daebak!

cre: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/05/jang-geun-suk-talks-about-chewing-on-a-real-snake-for-daebak-drama

• Like 1

[News] Jang Keun Suk happy to ‘learn beauty of acting’ 

Actor Jang Keun-suk, starring in the SBS TV series “Jackpot” -- also dubbed “Daebak” in Korean -- said he “learned the beauty of acting” and has a different mindset from that of the past, when asked questions given by the K-pop Herald readers during an interview session in Seoul on Friday afternoon.

Below is the transcript of the interview with actor Jang. 

On the development he made for the role in “Daebak” [asked by Kat Philpot (the United States)]:

“I used to act in rom-com series, which usually end within 16 episodes. But this time it was a 24-episode historical series. That was a major difference.”

“My role was far from what I was accustomed to, so I tried a lot of new things. I could make progress by putting forth my utmost energy as an actor. The role in ‘Daebak’ was a breakthrough, because I learned the beauty of acting here.”

26524896643_0520721053_z.jpg

On the difficulties while filming [asked by Kendra Va (the United States)]:

“I was told before shooting that I need to be prepared and will be physically exhausted. I doubted I could really handle this at first, but I trusted and respected the staff. I’m fully immersed into the scene every time I act. The series had some of my hardest scenes ever. ” 
On his feelings about the scene where he devoured snakes [asked by Jill Fuller (Australia)]:

“At first I doubted whether the staff would use real snakes. But when I noticed the snakes in a net bag, they were alive and real. Fans were shocked to watch me eat them, but at the same time they said they were proud of me. I was honored to get such reactions. I have had a long hiatus in terms of acting, and I was happy that I could make my fans content.”

On his thoughts about Yeo Jin-goo:

“I aspired to have a ‘resolute voice’ like Yeo, a voice that can give trust and confidence to viewers. It was about 10 years ago that I watched him act. I could see that a resolute voice really means a lot to an actor. Yeo has a ‘resolute voice’ and eyes glaring with energy. This overcomes the age gap between us.” 

Spoiler

26524896933_fb28b81464.jpg

On challenges during action scenes [asked by Jill Fuller (Australia)]:

“I cherish scars and wounds while shooting action scenes as ‘badge of honor.’ In the past, I would have been reluctant, saying: ‘How can I do that?’ Now as an actor who grew to be 30, I have bigger responsibility. I should give the staff and cast confidence.” 

By Rumy Doo (doo@heraldcorp.com) and Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

http://www.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201605201743230582435_2

• Like 1

[News] [Daebak- The Royal Gambler] Jang Keun Suk’s various styles of costumes attracts hot discussions, with looks that make Hanboks look perfect
Even in a historical drama, Jang Keun Suk emits handsome suaveness.
In SBS drama ‘Jackpot’ (Royal Gambler), he exhibited all sorts of costume styles. Jang Keun Suk plays commoner Dog richard simmons to one who regularly enters the palace, then becomes a well known figure who controls Joseon, leading a storyline which makes people more excited. During the process, his visual image continues to elevate in each episode exciting women’s hearts.

78179176.1_99_20160519085405.jpg?type=w5

In the beginning of the drama, Jang Keun Suk was bright and innocent, making people laugh when they look at him. It makes viewers more eager to see the different types of costumes he would wear after his transformations. Firstly, what would he wear at what time and under what situation, making viewers unable to shift their gazes from his whole body from head to toe.

Especially recently, he has been wearing pretty Hanboks, showing his princely leadership aura and character, adding to the intrigue of the storyline. Jang Keun Suk’ continuous changes, receives attention as to what he will be wearing in future episodes.
At the end of episode 16 on the 17th, after Dae-gil heard Baek Man-Gum was still alive, the shocked look on his face when he opened his coffin increased viewers’ curiosity in the next episode.

cre: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000474454

Engtrans: Wen Lee from ECI

• Like 1

[News] ‘Daebak’ Jang Keun Suk, “I will probably have a kiss scene at some point, right? Yeo Jin Goo won´t”

‘Daebak’ Jang Keun Suk talked about expecting a romance.
The press conference for ‘Daebak& Mon/Tues drama (director Nam Gun, writer Kwon Soon Gyu) was held on the 20th (May) at Goyang-si Ilsan SBS Production Center. Actors Jang Keun Suk and Yeo Jin Goo were there. 16 episodes of totally 24 episodes has been aired up till today.

Ci_FQkBUkAEhmH8.jpg

Jang Keun Suk says about romance (‘loveline’) in the drama: “I´m curious too. A kiss scene didn´t appear in this drama up til now. I didn´t have occasion before to have romance in this drama. There was no ‘skinship’ at all. We have to wait and see the future development regarding romance, and also the secret of the birth, protecting of the throne etc.”, he says.
And he adds: “But still, I will probably have a kiss scene with somebody, right? However, Yeo Jin Goo won´t have it.” This joke made everyone laugh.
‘Daebak’ broadcasts every Monday and Tuesday at 10 p.m.

source: http://www.starseoultv.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=406344
English translation: Zoe from ECI

• Like 1

Guest adikkeluangman

'Jackpot' Queen mother asks brothers to trust and help each other

On the episode 17 of SBS Monday & Tuesday drama, "Jackpot", Lady Choi Sook-bin (Yoon Jin-seo) asked Baek Dae-gil (Jang Geun-seok) and Prince Yeonying (Yeo Jin-goo) to come and see her together.

On the day Lee In-jwa (Jeon Kwang-ryeol) was executed, she told her son Prince Yeonying to bring Baek Dae-gil to her. As she told the brothers, "It is today. The last day of Lee In-jwa", she felt into deep thought.

CjKsmNwUoAA5uZz.jpg

Lady Choi Sook-bin again told the brothers, "Although I want to watch the death of him with my own eyes, I will wait here and see" and "Two of you, listen to this mother. You trust and help each other, please. Aren't you brothers? The closest ones on this earth".

Lady Sook-bin talked in her head, 'Don't worry, sons. This mother will keep you safe even after I am dead and gone".

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-jackpot-queen-mother-asks-brothers-to-trust-and-help-each-other-94800.html 

[News] SBS and Social welfare fund ‘fruit of love’ collaborative project, stars’ favorite item charity auction!

SBS and Social welfare fund ‘fruit of love’ have planned a collaborative project, stars’ favorite item charity auction! Jang Keun Suk gave his favorite perfume, ‘Velvet Rose & Oud Cologne Intense’ by Jo Malone for auction.

27150352581_9e70b1e1ca_b.jpg

27219440405_fcb49386e0.jpg

Spoiler

• Like 1