Jang Keun Suk 장근석

shiro401

[Daebak] History vs Fiction, in one of the most fascinating eras of Joseon history and what happens?

:daebak-4-banner.jpg?w=900

Quote: 

Personally, I think the scriptwriter, Kwon Soon-Gyu, has done a masterful job of distilling 30 years of Joseon history into one 24 episode fictionalized account. He’s blended the factional history of one of Joseon’s most dynamic kingship eras with a fictional story of gambling, revenge, and honor. It’s like reading a great suspenseful novel, filled with any number of heroes and villains, almost villains, greedy side characters, sorrowful characters, and great schemers. It’s a mystery, a thriller, and a fictionalized history all rolled into one…like a Steve Berry novel that combines history, mystery, and thrilling adventure into one magnificent tale.

But it requires an engaged mind, rather than being simple mindless entertainment, to enjoy this drama. Nevertheless, I am sure it will stand out as one of 2016’s best dramas.

Read more: 

https://valkayec.wordpress.com/2016/04/26/daebak-jackpot-queries-post-episode-10-history-vs-fiction-in-one-of-the-most-fascinating-eras-of-joseon-history-and-what-happens/

• Like 1

[Daebak] Jang Keun Suk, The Mark of a Great Actor

Jang Keun Suk has thousands of expressions in his repertoire. Each expression conveys the thoughts of the character he’s portraying. With one expression he can humanize his character and say more than any amount of explanatory dialogue, regardless of whether it’s the lusty teasing inMary Marry Me or the haughty disdain he displays in You’re Beautiful, or the distilled evil of a psychotic killer in Where the Truth Lies.

daebak-apprehension.jpg?w=900

Nevertheless, the expression he displays in Episode 6 of Daebak the Royal Gambler, leaning against the tree looking over at the Swordsman, is entirely new to him. That one look conveys hopeless desperation, paralyzing fear, wary apprehension, bone-chilling exhaustion, and forlorn despair. I don’t know what anyone else thought when they watched this scene, before he ruthlessly pulls the snake off the branch, stripping its’ skin away with his teeth and biting hungrily into its’ bloody flesh, but for me at least, that short moment in this scene represents the turning point in this character’s life. It’s the penultimate climax in which Gae-ddong starts becoming Dae-gil.

Read more: 

https://valkayec.wordpress.com/2016/04/16/daebak-the-royal-gambler-jang-keun-suk-the-mark-of-a-great-actor/

• Like 2

[News] [Daebak/Jackpot] Jang Keun Suk, pure manly charisma has exploded! Makes one want to turn back in time to Joseon period

[enews24] Actor Jang Keun Suk is melting the hearts of the women of Joseon and those in front of the TV. Jang Keun Suk is proving his solid acting skills and abilities through Baek Dae-gil in SBS drama Jackpot (Royal Gambler), he’s emitting alluring charisma making people want to travel back in time to Joseon.

In episode 10 on the 26th, Dae-gil said to Hwang Jin Gi whom he couldn’t win at that point in time: ‘you, must live, this way I can have a fight with you’. Although this sounded ridiculous to Hwang Jin Gi. But no matter whom he faced, Dae-gil was always direct, his unending manly charisma, leading the storyline of the drama.

26420710400_57c2c314fb_o.jpg

Also, Dae-gil brought herbal medicines to Den-Na (Yeo Gin Goo) for the injured Dam-seo & said to him: ‘look after Dam-seo well’, quietly revealing his concerns, moving the hearts of the women in front of the TV.

Through hard work in training, Dae-gil received his teacher Kim Tae Gun’s approval to leave the mountain, returning once again to the gambling inns. It showed that Dae-gil has done his preparations, a sign that Baek Dae-gil is starting his own era. No longer afraid of losing anything, no longer scared of anything, also there is nothing he’s not capable of now, Baek Dae-gil is pure man, he can even move the hearts of the male viewers in front of the TV.

The reason for unable not to be moved by Baek Dae-gil comes from the charisma in actor Jang Keun Suk’s himself. Fluid eye expression, low voice, his insistence & passion in working towards his goals, together with his gentle nature, all these are attractive, making people unable to resist to be attracted to this role.

Joseon’s most powerful manly Jang Keun Suk who is attacking the hearts of the women in front of the TVs, will see everyone in SBS’ Jackpot (Royal Gambler), shown at 10pm on Mondays and Tuesdays.

source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=404&aid=0000138224
English translation: Wen Lee from ECI

• Like 1

Jang Keun Suk KNTV Interview about Royal Gambler (Jackpot)
00:05 Jang Keun Suk talk about the Royal Gambler (Jackpot/Daebak).
00:09 Q: What made you decide to play in Royal Gambler (Jackpot/Daebak)?. 
00:10 I wanted to play a wild manly role.
00:15 Also as an actor, I chose this as my first acting project as I reach 30 years old.
00:21 It is very meaningful to me so I decided to do this.
00:27 Q: What type of person is Dae-gil?
00:28 Is a commoner who inherited the king’s blood line.
00:30 Is a character who might become the king.
00:36 He was switched (as a baby) and become a commoner, started his life like that.
00:40 The death of his adoptive father made him continue to live determinedly.
00:48 Q: Similarities between you and Dae-gil?
00:49 Free-spirited and frank, these are very similar.
00:53 My goals in life, the acting I want to pursue, are also the same.
00:58 Dae-gil is free-spirited, more towards no care attitude.
01:05 In actual fact, he also has decision-making ability, a strong determination, these are similarities.
01:12 Man called Dae-gil, roams around in the wild nature be it mountain or sea.
01:20 Experienced all sorts of events, I also felt it’s a bit scary.
01:27 Let people see what he looks like in the beginning.
01:33 Hello everyone, I’m Jang Keun Suk.
01:37 It’s been a long time. After 3 years, I’ve decided to work in a new TV drama.
01:42 Starting in May on KNTV.
01:45 Please watch it.
01:53 Royal Gambler (Jackpot/Daebak), 15th May, KNTV Japan 8:45pm first airing.

Guest adikkeluangman

Lim Ji Yeon chooses between 'Daebak' co-stars Jang Geun Suk and Yeo Jin Goo

Actress Lim Ji Yeon was asked to choose between her SBS drama 'Daebak' co-stars Jang Geun Suk and Yeo Jin Goo! 

Lim Ji Yeon, who took part in a natural photo shoot with 'The Star' magazine, answered, "It'd be best to mix the two together, but I'm still a little more attracted to the more manly Jang Geun Suk for now. But if I get older, I may like guys who are younger than me then (laughter)." 

lim-ji-yeon_1461987192_1461976057-73-org

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/04/lim-ji-yeon-chooses-between-daebak-co-stars-jang-geun-suk-and-yeo-jin-goo 

[Article] “Jang Keun Suk goes all the way, bite life snake in new drama!”on Singapore Chinese night paper 1 May 2016

Going all the way for his new drama “Daebak” tearing and biting life snake, Korean pretty boy Jang Keun Suk sterilizes his mouth to prevent infection!

He says, “I don’t feel at all fearful filming that snake scene!”

26145475503_3dc807d23f_z.jpg

In the historical drama “Daebak”, Jang Keun Suk plays the role of Baek Dae Gil, the forgotten prince, whose life was wanted since an infant, the little life being thrown down the waterfall, shot with an arrow, his life and death placed as a bet, and his sufferings did not end when he grew up, Jang Keun Suk fell into the well, suffered caning as punishment, fell from the cliff, buried in mud, thrown into the faeces pool, and what’s most shocking on the screen is, in order to survive, he actually had to eat a life snake!

We managed to conduct an email interview with Jang Keun Suk through One tv station.

26656076442_fde79f3482_z.jpg

Read more interesting interview: 

http://jangkeunsukforever.com/archives/43434

• Like 1