Jang Keun Suk 장근석

shiro401

Guest adikkeluangman

'Jackpot' Yeo Jin-goo trusts Jang Geun-seok

On the episode 14 of SBS' Monday & Tuesday drama, "Jackpot", Dae-gil (Jang Geun-seok) was falsely accused of murdering Golsa (Kim Byeong-choon) and was imprisoned for the murder charge.

When Dae-gil encountered Dam-seo (Lim Ji-yeon) at the spot where Golsa was lying down on the ground bleeding, he helped Dam-seo hide herself and then he got accused for murdering Golsa instead.

CiHmNOpVAAASoQB.jpg

Prince Yeongying stepped in to be in charge of the case and he believed Dae-gil was innocent. Prince Yeonying told Dae-gil, "Do not try do anything stupid. Wait quietly. I'll search and find the real criminal no matter what" and "I believe you".

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-jackpot-yeo-jin-goo-trusts-jang-geun-seok-94408.html 

[News] "Daebak/The Royal Gambler" viewer rating is rising steadily… above 11%

[SBSfunE] ‘Jackpot (The Royal Gambler), TV Rating is rising above 11%.

The TV rating for the 14th episode of SBS drama ‘Jackpot’ (The Royal Gambler) which was broadcast on the 10th increased 1.5% from the previous episode, reaching 11.3% (TnS Korea, Seoul area) and rising.

In this episode, Dae-gil (played by Jang Keun Suk) was wrongly accused for murder, Sook-Bin revealed deep motherly love after learning Dae-gil was her son, King Suk-Jung always maintained calm even during chaos, Yeo-nin finally realised Dae-gil was his older brother, and Lee In-jwa who is finally irritated. Through secret of birth and the fight for power, the drama is full of tension.

26680104080_fcc40d35b6_z.jpg

The TV rating also showed a positive sign, especially from the scene where Yeo-nin came out to help Dae-gil clear his name to the scene where Sook-bin grabbing Dae-gil’s hand and said ‘please wait a little bit more, this time I will protect you’. The rating graph showed a rising line.

The ‘highest rating minute’ was the scene where Yeo-nin asked Dae-gil’s birth date, at the end of the episode, he finally got the answer from Dae-gil and realised Dae-gil was his older brother.

The production team revealed what’s to come ‘Lee In-Jwa’s uprising will start soon. King Suk-Jung will send the two brothers to face him. People will also see the two brothers’ relationship and deep motherly love.’

Jackpot (Royal Gambler) is about a forgotten prince Dae-gil and younger brother Yeo-nin who fight against Lee In-Jwa to protect the throne. Broadcast at 10pm Mondays and Tuesdays.

(note: TnS is another rating system to AGB & they have been around longer.)

source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?aid=0000185656&oid=416
English translation: Wen Lee from ECI

• Like 1

[News] Actor Jang Keun Suk to attend International film Festival as director

SEOUL, May 12 (Yonhap) -- South Korean actor Jang Keun Suk has directed a film that will be featured in an international film festival opening in July, his publicist said Thursday.

"The Great Legacy" has been chosen as one of the short films to be showcased at Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFAN), Ytree Company said.

26359297463_b779fa280c_z.jpg

The festival was launched in 1997 to promote fantasy, horror and sci-fi flicks and put Bucheon, Gyeonggi Province on the global film festival map.

Jang Keun Suk has already made his directorial debut with the short film "Do You Still Envy Such a Life?," which won a special award at the 2012 Short Short Film Festival & Asia in Japan. He also wrote the screenplay, edited the movie and starred as the main actor.

"The Great Legacy" centers on a man whose father loses consciousness, leaving behind only his savings that can be accessed by a bankbook. The son obsesses over finding the bankbook and neglects his duty to take care of his father.

"To us, dads may feel like such remote figures," the actor-turned-auteur was quoted as saying. "Maybe that's why some of us never get to call someone a dad."

Jang Keun Suk is currently pursuing his Master's and Ph.D. in theater and film at Hanyang University in Seoul. His classmates collaborated on the latest short film, the publicist said.

This year's BIFAN runs from July 21-31.

cre: http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2016/05/12/0200000000AEN20160512003500315.html

• Like 1

[News] Jang Keun-suk gets director invite to big film festival

Hallyu star and director Jang Keun-suk's film "The Great Legacy" has been invited to screen at the 20th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFAN), Tree J Company said Thursday.

jang_650(0).jpg

The film is about a man whose father loses consciousness, leaving behind savings that can only be accessed by a bank book. The son obsesses over finding the bank book and neglects to take care of his father.

Jang made his directorial debut with a short film, "Do You Still Envy Such a Life?" in 2012. The film won a special award at the 2012 Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia.

This year's BIFAN runs from July 21 to 31.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2016/05/201_204579.html

[News] Teacher's Day, Jeong Chaeyeon (member of I.O.I) sent a gift to Jang Keun Suk

In South Korea, May 15th is Teacher’s Day. Jung Chae Yeon, one of Produce 101 trainees, currently a member of I.O.I. visited Jang Keun Suk at film site to convey her thankfulness giving a cake and strawberry juice.

She also delivered strawberry juice to Produce 101 trainers.

26924289322_c61329faa5_z.jpg

27018348725_996aa2694b_z.jpg

cre: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000873126

• Like 1

Guest adikkeluangman

'Jackpot' Lost son meets his queen mother and mother breaks down in tears

On the episode 16 of SBS' Monday & Tuesday drama, "Jackpot", Badk Dae-gil (Jang Geun-seok) called Lady Choi Sook-bin (Yoon Jin-seo) Mother.

As Prince Yeongying (Yeo Jin-goo) asked Badk Dae-gil, "How much did you hear?", Badk Dae-gil answered, "Everything". And then Badk Dae-gil asked the prince back, "So I am your older brother?" Prince Yeongying answered, "Even then, I cannot call you brother here in the palace".

Cirdk94VEAExlIe.jpg

However, Prince Yeongying took Badk Dae-gil to Lady Choi Sook-bin. While Badk Dae-gil was talking to himself, 'Is she really..', he called her "Mother ". Lady Choi Sook-bin said, "I'm sorry. I should have found you way earlier than this. Please forgive me, son" and then she broke down in tears.

Badk Dae-gil said, "I'm still confused. I'll come back and meet you again". Badk Dae-gil tried keep a distance from Lady Choi Sook-bin.

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-jackpot-lost-son-meets-his-queen-mother-and-mother-breaks-down-in-tears-94637.html