[info] The 8th Annual Korea Times Music Festival 2010 (hb)

Guest khype

Guest eye8yourc00kies

for ramp seats do you have to buy 4 seats also??

As far as I know there's the ramp box where you have to buy

4 seats and then there's also the ramp seat were you just buy

however many you want... the only thing is that I think they

run out pretty fast. =]

I hate having to deal with the ticket process =____=

... last year was such a pain for me and I ended up

buying tickets from someone on soompi which was

even more expensive...

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest x_nielleified

i'm gonna be buying a 6-seater garden box -.-;

and yes we'll actually be using the entire thing

but as;dkfjladsjdfk NOT looking forward to that ticket rush anymore.

with this amount of people competing for GB ..

Guest Tinateukbum

275$ is effin ridiculous. for price increases like this, there better like a gayo-style line up with extra goodies for us & like fanmeets, crap. we're not all adults with settled jobs to spend money like that aish. eff my credit limit & the gym charges

gimme a good line up sneak peek right nao >o

woh $275 0_0 (Without shipping/handling/service fee)

Thats a huge increase in price from the last year.

I really wanted to get pool tickets this year (hope the artist list makes up for it, like an IDOL CONCERT)

Hmm, this is crazy, I would like to buy garden box tickets

since they are only 175 bucks but they want us to get the WHOLE box

which would make it $700!!!!

*shoots self

Guest sergeantsica

man i hope is not this month, i didnt prepare for this month,,, :(

yeah ticket prices will be in january, either this weekend or next weekend. the ktimes ladies are always mysterious about it, but last year my friend said ticket sales commenced the week that ticket prices were announced.

good luck everybody!

(If you're taking this out, you must credit kisforkarenx3@soompi!)

My fan account from last year! It's very detailed T_T sorry for those who don't like to read long posts!

I put celeb names in bold font so you can read those details if you’re not interested in the rest ^^;

I only met celebs in 2009, so read that one if you’re only interested in fan accounts.

In a nutshell, I went to Hollywood Bowl (HB) in 2008 and 2009. Both times were different experiences. I really need to stress that meeting celebs is all luck and timing. One of my friends stayed in the sponsor hotel too, but she never bumped into celebs.

Some conventional knowledge/advice about HB:

1. The sponsor hotel = the hotel that celebs stay in

2. There will be security at hotels for them as well… think entourage style

3. Pre-concert starts around 2 PM. This is where you get lots and lots of freebies like pens, balloons, snacks, piggy banks, bam bam sticks, shirts, glowsticks, etc.

4. You pick up tickets at a booth in the preconcert area

5. Ticket prices are going up this year!

6. Tickets will go on sale on Jan 23 or Jan 30

7. There is parking (don’t know much about this though)

8. DSLRs are not allowed! Security will tell you to put it away or confiscate. Regular point and shoot cameras are allowed for pictures and videos

9. Food is allowed (highly recommended for a 6 hour concert!)

10. Bring water! You don’t know how much you’ll scream ><

11. Bring a light sweater/blanket. It gets cold at night

12. I have heard people bumping into celebs at major LA shopping centers

13. Plan ahead, get to places ahead of time because LA traffic is LA traffic :/

14. Enjoy LA too :D

15. Make friends!

HB 2009

(I have nooooo idea why I remember some details very well, but some other parts I don’t at all! With details I do remember, I tried elaborating as much as I can so you all can have a better image of how things happened!)

I went to LA by car this time with my friend, Connie and her awesome brother Charlie who drove us! Took off at 1 AM, and arrived at Wilshire Hotel at 9 AM Saturday morning the day of HB (May 9).

Wilshire was the 2009 sponsor. Parking is crazy expensive just to let you all know T_T that’s why I would suggest traveling by plane and getting around by taxi. We arranged to share a room with two sisters, and friend Kimberley. Wilshire has three entrances: one at the front, one at the back, one at the parking ground. There is a ballroom floor, and a lobby floor, followed by maybe 13 floors or more.

Connie and I met one of the sisters on the lobby floor elevator area. When she got out of the elevator, two other girls got out of the elevator right next to hers. I looked at one of the girls and thought “oh my gosh those are seriously the thinnest ankles I have ever seen in my life!” This girl wore a mini blue ruffle skirt and had long black hair, and the girl she was with wore a purple chiffon dress. I thought she was Seohyun, but I didn’t want to be accusing a random Asian girl of being a kpop celeb @_@ So we got into the elevator with our suitcases and headed up to our floor. When we got off, Sooyoung passed us and got in the elevator we just left. It took a moment to process “IT’S SOOYOUNG” in my head. I turned around and said “Sooyoung?” and she looked up a bit surprised. I asked her with an autograph. She looked a bit unsure/occupied and the elevator door closed. Perhaps if I realized it was her earlier, I would’ve had a chance, but oh well~! When I turned away from the elevator, Yuri and Seohyun walked in front of me, and entered the elevator next to Sooyoung’s. My first impression… Yuri is very thin. Her face was very slim, maybe narrow? It turned out the girl I thought was Seohyun on the lobby was actually was Seohyun! And the girl she was with on the lobby floor was Sooyoung. Seohyun is quite tall, pale, and slim. I asked them for an autograph and looked at Yuri, but she looked hesitant, and said no. Kimberley and I were a bit disappointed, but hey we got to see them ^^! My impression of Sooyoung was that she’s pretty, and very fashionable. I know she looks very thin on TV, but she seemed healthy in person. I was more surprised by Yuri and Seohyun’s weight (thinner than I epxcted). Also, on the lobby floor it seemed like Seohyun was following Sooyoung like a little sister. On my hotel room floor, Yuri appeared protective of Seohyun. How should I say this… It’s like when I asked her for the autograph, it was like a mother bear protecting the cub and saying no ^^;?? I don’t mean to paint a bad image, but this is how I saw things in my eyes.

I’ll skip my concert details for now.

Now the best part of my vacation: meeting SHINee (well mostly Jonghyun but he’s my ultimate bias so ><!) Sunday morning around 8AM, Connie’s brother comes into the hotel room, and says that celebs are probably heading out because he saw a lot of movement on the floor. -After some action and around 10 AM- I was downstairs talking to the concierge about HB, celebs, and my hometown when Connie called me. She told me that she and Kimberley just bumped into Key and got his autograph! They told me that a girl on the lobby floor told them which floor SHINee was staying on. They then told me where their room was and to get my butt up there ASAP! And that they wouldn’t go with me because they didn’t want to see even more stalkerish. So I went up to the floor by myself and stood there for a minute. All I could think was… “omgosh what am I doing here? Am I crazy? What am I going to do when I see them @_@?” I leaned against the wall next to a table avoiding to be seen when suddenly down one hall came this girl with a suitcase. She turned the corner and toward the elevator area, and I asked “Taeyeon?” She turned around and I asked for an autograph. She agreed and we went to the desk against the wall. I took out a sharpie and CD and handed both to her. She’s quite petite… around 5’1? But really she’s exactly how she looks like in pictures; she had like a bright glow, was really nice and extremely pretty. As she was signing the CD, Minho and his manager came out from a door like two feet away @_@! They started chatting and my mind was blank… “I’m standing right next to celebrities and it’s completely normal like wthhhhhh!!!!” When Taeyeon finished, she handed the pen came to me with a little bow. I exchanged thanks with her and she took off with her luggage.

Minho came in and out of his room a few times. Okay I was completely stupid for not even saying hi -_- I was so star-struck and tired and not in the right mind-set. Anyway then IT happened. For shinee fans, you should know the “puppy jjong” complexion. When the door opened again I expected it to be Minho again, but Jonghyun popped his head out. He was crouching down with his head at doorknob level. He turned his head to the left then to the right side where I was standing and clutching my coffee so hard that I would have crushed and spilled it. His eyes were at doorknob level; I said “Jonghyun?” his eyes rose up as he looked up at me with those PUPPY EYES. Dear shisus brows I kid you NOT; the puppy eyes are REAL and the nickname exists for a reason. I was completely shocked… not expecting to see him. I asked him if he could sign (I motioned a doodle/scribble in the air). He checked the hallways again before turning back and nodding yes. He came out from the door and rose up. You know you read around that Jonghyun is short and even he complains about his height. But seriously when he stood up, he didn’t look short; he looked 5’9 to me (I’m 5’4 maybe 5’5). Well of course he’ll look smaller when he’s standing next to 181cm (?) Minho all the time ~_~! He wore mostly black. This was right when they cut their hair for Juliette promo so he was wearing a hat (omgsohotttttttttttt), black tee with that green plaid shirt (that dubu/manager/he share?) tied around his hips, black skinny jeans, and typical shinee shoes. NGL he’s too attractive xD! Connie was awesome and gave me a white tee so I could have celebs sign it. I must add that Jonghyun has a very confident, if not flirty side. Yes you fans should know what I mean; sticking out his tongue, making eye contact with cameras all the time, mouth wipe, the fact that like out of all the members 80% of the skin flashes are from him, the winks, the eyebrow lifts ~_~ Anyway he came up to the table against the wall and I placed the t-shirt on it. I pulled out a sharpie, uncapped it and handed it to him. At that moment he touched my hand @_@ and I blanked for a moment LOL. The funny thing that happened was that when he started to sign, he pulled the pen from left to right, but the shirt scrunched up. Then he tried again and picked up where the shirt bunched up at, but it happened again. I probably giggled unintentionally xD I pulled the shirt out to even it out. Suddenly a hand came in next to my waist. It was their manager who was helping even out the bottom half of the shirt. I looked at his arm and at that point I realized how REALLY close I was standing next to Jonghyun. We were standing like literally less than two inches next to each other @_@ ahhh crazy! Also at that moment when I was looking at him thinking “omgosh he is REAL and I am looking right at him,” I was totally staring (and mesmerized) by his looks. He was tanner that I expected. I was staring at his profile (whoo sexy jawlines ftw!) and his arms (yes biceps. Am I a bad fangirl for checking him out?). He had nice toned arms @_@ too bad he’s been losing weight lately ~_~! It took him a while to sign. I remember watching him finish writing those characters under his signature. He was leaning over when he was signing, then he stood up. I expected him to hand the pen back to me, but he just stuck his hand behind his shoulder o_o turned out Minho was standing behind us the whole time and I didn’t notice >< Minho took the pen and Jonghyun turned away heading to the elevator chairs. Minho signed right below Jonghyun’s and handed the pen back to me with a smile  he felt quite charming and comfortable in person. He’s tall (as if fans don’t know that ><), slim, well-kept. He headed over to the elevator chair next to Jonghyun. I want to point out that while Minho was signing, Jonghyun was singing. Yes SINGING aloud as he was sitting in a chair with barely anyone around . It was so terribly cute T_T such a cute habit! As fans knows, the rest of shinee have claimed witness to Jonghyun sleep-singing lol!

After that… things were kinda awkward. I don’t remember details as well starting here. Key showed up from somewhere and he sat on the arm rest of the chair that Jonghyun was sitting on haha xD (jongkey besties ftw!) At that moment, Connie/Kimberley called me and told me they were heading up to fetch me. I stood at the elevators a few feet away from Minho/Jonghyun/Key when Connie and Kimberley arrived. We said bye to them, but right before the elevator doors closed, I asked them for a picture. Yes I know SM artists aren’t allowed to take pictures, but hey, why not take a shot at asking xD. Unfortunately they solemnly nodded no and said sorry. As the elevator door closed, Minho (who was seated closest to our elevator) leaned out from his chair and watched us LOL!

*I’ll take a break here and finish the rest of my shinee (met them again like 5 minutes after I left their floor)and ss501 encounter some time soon T_T I’m tired!*

(If you're taking this out, you must credit kisforkarenx3@soompi!)

i think they should let us know the first batch of the artists who are going to be there first. this way, it might persuade us to go despite the increased price that they gave.

and LOL @eternalelf, i think imma do the same :D. if they bring super junior (doubt it >,<), then i'll be fine spending almost $300 for a concert >,<!!

Guest flyaway.

Wtf. $275 for tickets to a freakin' concert where the artist list isn't even released yet? Especially in this bad economy? I can kind of understand $200, but it's almost freakin' $300! For $300, don't they think they should at least provide us the artist list beforehand? Ugh, and I doubt the artist list is even going to be anything spectacular. KMF is getting ridiculous.

ahhhh the price TT TT and i really wanted garden this year...but might need to settle for terrance...again.

who do they are to hike up the prices like that?????

yeah ticket prices will be in january, either this weekend or next weekend. the ktimes ladies are always mysterious about it, but last year my friend said ticket sales commenced the week that ticket prices were announced.

good luck everybody!

NOOOOOOOO,,,,,really this month,,,,man i just got the information about hb this month,,,hope they can change the date,,,*finger cross*

Guest inyeon.

prices are ridiculous. koreatimes are overdoing it this time. I dont think they realize that they would probably earn more money by selling them for less. And seeing as many people have finals, I doubt a lot of people would want to go. including me D:

psh whatevs, i'm saving up money for something more worthy than this.

Guest xxxxxxx

the prices are insane. I don't know what else to say. I wonder why there's such a big difference between pool and garden.. unless pool gets something special like an autograph or something . Are they not extending the stage this year? who knows but lol. ktimes better release GOOD artists to convince buyers. They sure know how to steal money for us innocent poor kids. -___-

or maybe they're going a little extra on the free stuff, fireworks and streamers. I honestly can do without fireworks and streamers btw & I'm sure a lot of people could do too.

i agree with everyone.

They better have SHINee, SNSD, 2Pm, Big Bang coming.....

BTW, since i can't buy two garden seats, I'm willing to buy box with someone!

I know for sure my friend and i are going!

Lol! I want to buy the box too! Though I only need two seat.

But I'm not sure if my debit card will handle over $700+ (Since when I spent $550 last time and i got my card put on hold until I called them >_<);

Did someone ever try to order a box with 2 card?

Guest H i k a r i

Does anyone know if they are going to release the first batch before ticket sales?

I know they did it last year.

Lol! I want to buy the box too! Though I only need two seat.

But I'm not sure if my debit card will handle over $700+ (Since when I spent $550 last time and i got my card put on hold until I called them >_<);

Did someone ever try to order a box with 2 card?

Hi, Um...i know that my mom's card can go over $700.

We're going to be using my moms card

I live kinda close to you. (lives in SF)

Archived