Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

Guest LOOCiEE<3

hi there (:

any good romance ones (anime)? i think the term is shojo haha but i'm inexperienced D:

all of these very good, looking for the love type though, but i never expected myself to love death note though hahaa, awesome one ((:. i stumbled onto school days by accident, not a very good one to watch if you'e easily scared like me :P lot of these i really wished they made a season 2 though ):

i've watched:

full moon wo sagamini coopere

sailor moon

ichigo 100%

death note

h2o footprints in the sand

yami to boushi to hon no habibito

itazura na kiss

honey x honey drops (wahh wish they made more episodes)

ouran high school host club ( i NEED season 2)

kamichama karin

kamikaze kaitou jeanne

skip beat

love hina

peach girl

school days (horrific ;-; )

probably more but i can't remember.^^;;

never finished: shugo chara, mermaid melody, hanasakeru seishonen, get backers.

Guest Stolen_waters

hi there (:

any good romance ones (anime)? i think the term is shojo haha but i'm inexperienced D:

all of these very good, looking for the love type though, but i never expected myself to love death note though hahaa, awesome one ((:. i stumbled onto school days by accident, not a very good one to watch if you'e easily scared like me :P lot of these i really wished they made a season 2 though ):

Here's a list some of the animes i have/have seen:

Honey and Clover -->cry fest

Paradise Kiss

Kimi ni Todoke

Blood+ ---> omg. LOVE Haji!!! fave!

Saiunkoku Monogatari --> beautiful, but heartbreaking

Princess Tutu --> cute, and unexpectedly loved it

Witch Hunter Robin - not so much love (kind of implied), but one of my faves.

Kare Kano or His and Her Circumstances - FUNNY!

Ayashi no Ceres --> and everything else by Yuu Watase

Ah! My Goddess --> didn't like it that much though

Emma --> <3

Bokura ga ita

Itazura na Kiss

Ghost Hunt ---> omg love this. The guy rarely smiles, but if he does, gaah! *dead*

Boys Be --> just okay...

Chobits --> cute

Vision of Escaflowne --> <3

Fate Stay Night

Fruits Basket -->Funny and sad at the same time. cried so much

Full Metal Panic --> Mecha, one of my faves

Ginban Kaleidoscope

Howl's Moving Castle -->LOVE!

Inu Yasha --> really long though, and my favorite pairing is not the main pairing...hehehe

Detective Conan --> really long. You can check out the official thread for the important episodes.

Kamichu! --> cute!

Midori Days or Midori no Hibi

Nodame Cantabile

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

Onegai Teacher --> didn't like it that much though 'cause I don't like older women. :P

Ranma 1/2 --> classic

School Rumble --> my friends liked it, but I didn't

Shakugan no Shana --> my friends liked it, but I didn't

Special A --> cute & funny

Vampire Knight --> sexy!

Naruto --> not so much, but I LOVE IT. There are lots of fanfics as well. KakashixSakura....gaahh...

Code Geass --> mecha

UFO Baby or Dā! Dā! Dā! -->omg so cute! Happy ending too!

Saikano --> wanted so much to stop watching 'cause it's really depressing, but it's so addicting as well. *sigh* my heart..:(

I think you're gonna love the ones in bold

a manhwa recommendation. I just read this one last night and oh boy, it got me rolling on the floor laughing :lol:

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=41141

^Love at first sight. I haven't read the season 2 yet but I already fell in love with the season 1.

not a fan of the artwork but the story is darn hilarious.

It's about a girl who was was told that 3 men will come into her life and leave such a big impact on her. She's abit ecstatic about it since she`s been waiting for someone who she will love and will love her back for 17 years.

Aside the fantasy stuff, this is really fun to read especially how the characters converse with each others. really really funny. :lol: This reminded me of the manga "Random Walk" as she will get to meet quite alot of guys in search for a real one but this is 100x better than Random Walk. HAHAH.

Guest dorkiiexshorty

I like high school drama and romance things but i like sci-fi/fantasy as well. Ive seen Bokurano [Amazing one of my favs] so my friends recommended i watch Ergo Proxy but they say it has a lot of political things that i may not understand should i watch it?

Guest LOOCiEE<3

Here's a list some of the animes i have/have seen:

Honey and Clover -->cry fest

Paradise Kiss

Kimi ni Todoke

Blood+ ---> omg. LOVE Haji!!! fave!

Saiunkoku Monogatari --> beautiful, but heartbreaking

Princess Tutu --> cute, and unexpectedly loved it

Witch Hunter Robin - not so much love (kind of implied), but one of my faves.

Kare Kano or His and Her Circumstances - FUNNY!

Ayashi no Ceres --> and everything else by Yuu Watase

Ah! My Goddess --> didn't like it that much though

Emma --> <3

Bokura ga ita

Itazura na Kiss

Ghost Hunt ---> omg love this. The guy rarely smiles, but if he does, gaah! *dead*

Boys Be --> just okay...

Chobits --> cute

Vision of Escaflowne --> <3

Fate Stay Night

Fruits Basket -->Funny and sad at the same time. cried so much

Full Metal Panic --> Mecha, one of my faves

Ginban Kaleidoscope

Howl's Moving Castle -->LOVE!

Inu Yasha --> really long though, and my favorite pairing is not the main pairing...hehehe

Detective Conan --> really long. You can check out the official thread for the important episodes.

Kamichu! --> cute!

Midori Days or Midori no Hibi

Nodame Cantabile

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

Onegai Teacher --> didn't like it that much though 'cause I don't like older women. :P

Ranma 1/2 --> classic

School Rumble --> my friends liked it, but I didn't

Shakugan no Shana --> my friends liked it, but I didn't

Special A --> cute & funny

Vampire Knight --> sexy!

Naruto --> not so much, but I LOVE IT. There are lots of fanfics as well. KakashixSakura....gaahh...

Code Geass --> mecha

UFO Baby or Dā! Dā! Dā! -->omg so cute! Happy ending too!

Saikano --> wanted so much to stop watching 'cause it's really depressing, but it's so addicting as well. *sigh* my heart..:(

I think you're gonna love the ones in bold

omg thankk youu! i need something to watch, & these will definitely get my mind off things (:

these all seem so cute! i'm gonna try to watch most of them, i think i might start off with Kimi ni Todoke or Special A, looks really cute =)

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

haha i have that manga! sad story, but it didn't made me cry

thanks for the other recommendation :)

T___T You're so strong, or maybe I'm way too sensitive. lol

_broke_a_nail! I was wondering what manga your signature was from? lol thanks :)

Yeah, I used to have Dengeki Daisy (one of the best mangas by the way--incomplete though/best art, best story, best lines---Daisy is super hot hehe)

And the one I have now is Black Bird (not the best, but cute guy that is powerful/possibly evil is love lol)

Guest yellowbouquet

If anyone likes High School themed anime and Slice of Life type... I recommend Ouran High School Host Club.

I'm sure many have raved about this anime before, and seriously the anime lives up to the hype. I've never enjoyed such anime in a really long time.. once you get to episode 7 and beyond you'll be so addicted it's nnot even funny. I've also enjoyed Ghost Hunt, Paradise Kiss, Fruits Basket, Death Note, Melancholy of Haruhi, and Gakuen Alice. If you have faintly the same taste as I do in anime, you will def. enjoy Ouran High School Host Club. =))

Wild Ones is complete? i haven`t read it yet, but i checked it out on Mangafox, but it says it isn`t completed T_T it looks good too~

Oh, and lately i`ve been having my otaku-moments >o<

so does anyone who`ve read Black Bird know any mangas or anime similar to that other than Love Monster and Akuma to hana? keke, it`ll be a hard search i know~ but it doesn`t have to be a monster.. just something similar (: ~

Why don't you try the oneshot Men Are Wolves?

I think you would enjoy it! :)

Guest AsianPrideFoeva

Humor/Slice of Life

Minami-ke

Minami-ke Okawari

Minami-ke Okaeri

^The funniest anime I've seen! I've laughed out loud like a dork every episode hehe :P

Action/Drama

Code Geass

Code Geass R2

^Sooo suspenseful, it really kept me on the edge of my seat- it isn't a stupid brainless story, it's actually a really smart and interesting story that makes sense. :) Reminded me a lot of Death Note.

Shoujo

Ouran High School Host Club

^Pretty characters, vibrant colors, it's totally shoujo. It's so cute and funny, too, I could easily get over the cliche moments. Really entertaining~

Why don't you try the oneshot Men Are Wolves?

I think you would enjoy it! :)

Haha, thanks for recommending it to me!

I just finished it and it`s actually pretty cute ^^

I love how she gets those hardcore nose bleeds XDD

Guest AngelEagle

Hi it's been awhile since i watch anime or read manga hope you can recommend me something that has a feisty female protagonist and has a great romance story.

and also can anyone tell me if the following manga are worth reading:

1. Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden

2. Captive Hearts

3. Dengeki daisy

4. Moe Kare

5. Darker than Black

Guest nobody knows

Hi it's been awhile since i watch anime or read manga hope you can recommend me something that has a feisty female protagonist and has a great romance story.

3. Dengeki daisy

5. Darker than Black

3, yes yes >v<

I love that manga ;x

Darker Than Black, I thought it was okay ish~

though it got somewhat confusing at times (for me).. o_o

Guest malljclay

A few mangas that I haven't gotten bored of yet and highly recommend.

1/2 Prince

Akagami no Shirayuki Hime

Ashiita no Ousama (one "i" only)

Dengeki Daisy

Kingyo Sou

Mixed Vegetables

Guest fyimango

There's an anime and novel called Kino no Tabi, alt: Kino's Journey. (that's where my avatar is from)

I highlyyyy recommend this if you're looking for something philosophical, with a slower pace, kind of sad too :D

Can anyone recommend me anime that is quite similar to 07-Ghost?

I really love that anime. The plot, characters, actions, all are perfect =D

oh and are there any anime(s) that the main character is evil other than Death Note and Code Geass? (I rly think Lelouch is evil haha)

thank you =)

Guest NO NAME?
Can anyone recommend me anime that is quite similar to 07-Ghost?

I really love that anime. The plot, characters, actions, all are perfect =D

Closest is probably Pandora Hearts.

oh and are there any anime(s) that the main character is evil other than Death Note and Code Geass? (I rly think Lelouch is evil haha)

thank you =)

My picks are Johan Liebert (MONSTER) and Nakago (Fushigi Yuugi).

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

3. Dengeki daisy

4. Moe Kare

5. Darker than Black

3. Dengeki Daisy

I don't want to say its the BEST manga in the world because you might have high expectations before reading it. Off the record, its soooo good. I don't if its because of the story, but the guy is just so... **swoon** But everything about this story is truly amazing. The story, the structure, the angst, the forbidden love---superficially, its quite funny and comical. But deep in the manga, there's some underlying drama. I still can't really grasp what's the reason behind the drama, but its hinted in each chapter. The answers aren't always obvious. Plainly said, ITS GOOD!

It's good understandable drama---not those no good, wtf-are-they-crying-about drama.

But the girl is quite young comparing to him, which kind of makes me wonder---BUT THE GUY IS SO HOT.

4. Moe Kare

5. Darker than Black

Moe Kare was okay... I think. I don't really remember but I think I remember asking somebody to recommend something similar to this story---which could only mean that I liked the story. Its worth a read, but if you didn't read it, you wouldn't be missing out on much.

Darker than BLACK was always pretty okay. I didn't hate it. But it was no FULL METAL ALCHEMIST or AVATAR that's for sure. Okay, I should stop talking about FMA and Avatar before I start gushing. But Darker than Black has one of the most original plots to begin with, but I felt the story wasn't really going that deep... I don't know. I felt like it was missing something when I watched it. BUT REALLY ORIGINAL.