Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

Guest xiangmiyu
3. Dengeki Daisy

I don't want to say its the BEST manga in the world because you might have high expectations before reading it. Off the record, its soooo good. I don't if its because of the story, but the guy is just so... **swoon** But everything about this story is truly amazing. The story, the structure, the angst, the forbidden love---superficially, its quite funny and comical. But deep in the manga, there's some underlying drama. I still can't really grasp what's the reason behind the drama, but its hinted in each chapter. The answers aren't always obvious. Plainly said, ITS GOOD!

It's good understandable drama---not those no good, wtf-are-they-crying-about drama.

But the girl is quite young comparing to him, which kind of makes me wonder---BUT THE GUY IS SO HOT.

word.

ahaha.

i'm looking for a new manga to read because i have a lot of time now.

i really like the suspenseful and psychological mangas like death note, liar game, bloody mondy 1 & 2.

thanks in advanced! =)

Hi it's been awhile since i watch anime or read manga hope you can recommend me something that has a feisty female protagonist and has a great romance story.

3. Dengeki daisy

4. Moe Kare

5. Darker than Black

It's been a while since I've been here...

The above are my recommendations =)

Definitely Dengeki Daisy!! hehe* ^O^ It's one of my favourite mangas right now (and I don't really read manga at all =X) and even tho I HATE reading things that are unfinished, I DEFINITELY recommend you read this anyways haha =P

The female and male protagonist are refreshingly differently and she's "feisty" i guess >_> She has her own opinion, and she's a very strong character (compared to the girl in Moe Kare for example =P).

I love the plot, love the characters! and I ESPECIALLY love that the story MOVES on. They're not stuck in some road block and I'm glad that it's still going on strong ^^

Moe Kare isn't bad... but it's not in my top favourties lol =P The characters are well defined and everything, but the plot isn't anything original, nor is it anything that'll stick with you for the rest of your life haha =S I would recommend it if you're bored and have nothing else to fill your time with, but besides that... I found that he whole love-triangle dilemma has been played so many times that it's not fun anymore T_T

I watched Darker than Black as an anime rather than reading the manga.... and... >_> romance is probably at a minimum LOL! If you're looking for a feisty female, then ya sure >_> there's a few. But if you're waiting for a GREAT romance plot to emerge, it's not it -_-' DtB is more action, adventure and supernatural. It has also has like mystery elements... but as a romance, it's pretty much non-existent (unless you're like me and try and fit romantic intentions into EVERYTHING lol) XP There's a few implications here and there... and with the second season, you can see a little more... but overall, it's not like anyone ends up together nor is there any like major hugging/kissing =S So yes... as a series, sure, you should try it... but don't expect too much on romance =P

I also highly recommend the following mangas (and I don't read a lot so this means something haha) ... they're all unfinished but that's what makes it so fun ^^

- Dengeki Daisy (as per above)

- Bokura ga Ita (altho, the first few volumes are identical to the anime)

- Liar Game! (my MUST READ manga! it's the manga that got me started reading mangas =P)

- Zombie Loan (I love the originality =) and it's A LOT better than Shugo Chara -_-')

- Black Bird (although there's hints of smut XP)

--xoxo.

TM

Guest NO NAME?
thank you sooo much ^.^
No prob.

i'm looking for a new manga to read because i have a lot of time now.

i really like the suspenseful and psychological mangas like death note, liar game, bloody mondy 1 & 2.

thanks in advanced! =)

rc5205.jpg

Ghost Hunt

Seventeen-year-old Kazuya Shibuya is the president of the Shibuya Psychic Research Center, a think tank that studies psychic phenomenon. The firm investigates various strange occurrences at the behest of its clients, while Shibuya's assistant, Mai Taniyama, deals with her love/hate relationship towards her boss. --ANN

hrhh95.jpg

MONSTER

When a Doctor makes the highly controversial decision to save a boy's life over the mayor's, it leads to the loss of almost everything he holds dear. His fiance, his career, his social standing. The only thing he keeps is his own feeling of self worth, knowing that he did the right thing in saving the boy, who came in first. Yet even that is threatened when he begins to learn that nothing is as it originally appeared. A trail of bloodshed pointing to the seemingly innocent child leaves him questioning even his beliefs. Whether, in the end, all lives are ever truly equal. --ANN

20qnue.jpg

Doubt

Yuu, Mitsuki, Rei, Hajime, Eiji, and Haruka have enter the game called 'Rabbit Doubt', which all of the players are 'rabbits' in a group, and among them is randomly chosen to be a 'wolf' in the group of rabbits. Each round, the wolf killed a rabbit, and each round, the rabbit group tries to figure out which of the rabbits is actually a wolf in disguise & kill it. If the rabbit killed the real wolf, they win & if they're wrong, all the rabbit will be killed. Who is the real wolf, and can they stopped it before the game is over... --ANN

2hqc5me.jpg

Old Boy

Ten years ago, they took him. He doesn't know who. For ten years he has been confined in a private prison. He doesn't know why. For ten years his only contact with the outside world has been a television set and the voices of his jailers. In time, he lost himself. He changed . . . transformed himself into something else . . . something hard . . . something lethal. Suddenly one day, his incarceration ends, again without explanation. He is sedated, stuffed inside a trunk, and dumped in a park. When he awakes, he is free to reclaim what's left of his life . . . and what's left is revenge. --Dark Horse Comics

^ to add to that list.

if you liked monster or any MYSTERY, SUSPENSE mangas. here are more by the same author, Naoki Urasawa. he's amazing!

i highly recommend 20th century boys & its sequel 21st century boys and his latest finished manga pluto

i loved all of them!!!!!! he's my #1 in the manga world right now. :D.

Guest NO NAME?

^ Oh! No wonder that series is the one of the highest rated under the psychological & mystery genres over at MAL. I had no clue that Naoki Urasawa is the author. I'll check it out this weekend :)

Guest ViVa4ever

I would definitely recommend both the anime and manga of Hunter X Hunter :wub: unfortunately the anime stopped after the Greed Island arc, but I'm positive it will resume again when the chimera ant arc finishes in the manga.

There's another anime I'm so fond of which is Gundam Wings :wub: (lol all of my anime recommendations are old stuff *_* )

btw, does anybody know this manhwa named : A Man Called God?

Guest malljclay

Houou Gakuen Misoragumi

From Aerandria Scans:

Kei is a girl who's only interested in other girls! However, tricked by her mother, she enrolled in an all boys school, thinking that she'd be able to make her high school debut at a co-ed school. To normal girls, being surrounded with hot guys at an all boys school might be heaven, but to Kei, this is hell! What is Kei to do at this place without any other girls, where she has to try her best to keep her real identity a secret?

This manga is hilarious! It will surely give you a good laugh. Only one volume is out so far but the story is developing nicely. Give it a try, it's not your typical weak girl shoujo/gender bender manga.

Kei is really funny, whenever she's near guys she vomits. Although she's a bit dense, she's not annoying.

Hi it's been awhile since i watch anime or read manga hope you can recommend me something that has a feisty female protagonist and has a great romance story.

and also can anyone tell me if the following manga are worth reading:

1. Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden

YES YES YES YES I just finished reading it and let me tell you it's amazing. The artwork one of the best I've ever seen and the plot is pretty good. The manga is on hiatus till spring 2010 so maybe you would want to wait and finish the others on your list first. But definitely check it out because the main character is smoking hot B)

Guest Stolen_waters

I've just finished reading the latest chapter of H or Eichi, and omg, it was soooooo good. It's a studentxteacher manga (my fetish :P), and I can't believe I didn't read it earlier. It's really sad, and it felt so real.

Summary (from Mangafox)

Kobayashi Shinobu, first year highschool student, transfers to a new school only to get dumped by her boyfriend and have a teacher who breaks all her conventional preconceptions. He smokes. He leaves class without warning. And at night, he works as a host. Will their relationship develop into something more than student and teacher? Read H and find out!!

This one I read yesterday, and I liked it too!

ai hime - ai to himegoto

read here

They met. They kissed. The fate has brought them to be uncle and niece. Even though they're not blood-related, can Mao decide to love him and go through the struggles to give love for him?

-Serenus Dreamers

Currently reading: CAT STREET ---> done,and I LOVED it!

I'm enjoying it so far.

The story centers around Keito Aoyama, a former famous child actress. Due to a childhood incident, she retired from her career early and withdrew from normal society. Now 16, she passes her days in boredom and without purpose. But one day she runs into a stranger who takes her to El Liston--a free school for high school students like herself, who don't have a place where they belong. Though hesitant at first, Keito decides to enter El Liston and subsequently, she begins a new stage in her life. With the help of her only remaining childhood friend, Taiyou, and her new classmates Rei, Momiji, and Kouichi, Keito slowly finds the courage to open up to others and to accept their support. Will Keito return to acting? Will she find true friends? Love?

(cr. Mangafox)

Nana

-I've just finished the latest chapter...heartbreaking. omg. CAN SOMEONE KILL TAKUMI NOW?!!! GAAAH.

Nonetheless, I'm still rooting for the HxT couple.

Guest SushiToaster

ahhh i took a couple recommendations, dengeki daisy and black bird.. they're soo good♥ thank you guys so much!! =) do you guys know any other mangas similar to black bird? haha that one got me hooked so fast, it's so great♥

^You might want to try Love Monster? geh. I gave up on that manga a loooong time ago but who knows right? you might enjoy it too. It had a similar story of beautiful monster falling in love with a human. she now got sucked into the monster world. Its a whole lot similar to Black Bird but the only difference is Misao is lovable and that she's strong ^___^ Also like Black Bird, its a smut manga ^___^

then there's beast monster. same mangaka of Dengeki Daisy. a story about a cute cute cute guy who acts like a wild animal due to the fact that he was raised in the forest. this girl is the only one who can tame him.

Guest SushiToaster

^ahh i looked at love monster for a bit, but the heroine was really annoying and there was just some really really stereotypical shoujo stuff in there that just kinda killed it -___- but it was extremely similar!! both main guys are crows who want a human wife and the fiance's really objecting at first.. etc, i swear, those mangas can be twins haha :o (except one just happens to be better) i just thought it was kind of shallow compared to black bird :/ but thank you for the recommendation, it was spot on!!

but i just finished reading beast master after your suggestion and it was probably the cutest and sweetest thing.. EVER♥ hahaha oh my gosh, i swear i was like dying of the cuteness of everything♥ ahaha thank you so much for recommending that one!!!! :D would definitely recommend for someone else haha♥

[/dorkiness XD

Guest chopper!

anyone recommend me any comedy/action or comedy/romance anime?~ tho, not too much romance, i LOVE comedy more<3 something like school rumble, gah i love that one (;

tho i've seen naruto, reborn, rave master, bleach, d.grayman <<haha, all recommended to me by my friends x) but dropped after a couple of months haha, nothing too gory or dark, maybe light-hearted kinda thing x) me likes laughing and random things HEHE<3

^

Here is my funny anime list:

Comedy

Azumanga Daioh (If you want just plain old funny, this one is an epic classic.)

Romance/Comedy

Lovely Complex (Lots of comedy within the romance, lots and lots)

Action/Comedy/Romance

Gokusen (Crazy storyline, comedy, action, some romance)

Action/Comedy

Samurai Champloo (I found a lot of parts of this anime funny even though its not really comedy-centric and it can be darkish sometimes, but its just an amazing overall anime that I think everyone should see.)

Soul Eater (Lots of action, but it made me laugh a lot as well. Lovely animation and story. Can also get a little heavy too. But Excaliber is just wow...)

And I assume you've seen One Piece from your avatar...that is just hilarious sometimes! <3

Guest CaramelSweetie

Looking for some recommendations~

I've read:

Tarot Cafe (quite good after a few pages)

Afterschool Nightmare(nice twist)

Vampire Girl

Model

Flower of Evil

I would like ones that give a similar feel. deep physiological, mystery*, romance + (has to have romance) :D

It can be tragedy too. :)

Thanks

Guest Stolen_waters

can anyone recommend me some good detective anime?

i've seen detective conan, deathnote and tantei gakuen q.

Thx :)

Ghost Hunt

(Comedy, Drama, Horror, Mystery, Psychological, Romance, Shoujo, Supernatural)

Although the manga's good too, I liked the anime more; it's scarier and the art looks better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doubt

(Drama, Horror, Mature, Mystery, Psychological, Shounen)

I'm not sure if it's a detective manga. I haven't read it yet, but it has a lot of good reviews.

Oops. I thought you were looking for mangas and animes. :D