[Drama 2010] Still, Marry Me / The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry 아직도 결혼하고 싶은 여ì

Guest purpleZ

Guest soda-addict

wow :D SMM love has spread. it seems that the thread is moving quite fast now.

just a shoutout to all that post the cap/pix, thanks, thanks, thanks :D

waiting for the subs before i fully watch the show since i might misinterpret what they're saying, well....beside the lovey-dovey eyes between our MinYoung.

speculating here, but maybe the show is now creating a furor over the netizens in Korea that's why they try to minimize the "kisses" of MinYoung? newaiz, hopefully the PD is just teasing us and will show everything in full by epi 13 (im basing this on the way they show the first few scenes of the episode by showing the other side of how the previous episode end, do i make sense? hehe, like in the case of epi 9 and 10).

well....4 more episodes to go and hopefully (again) the PD make us happy with how the MinYoung will develop.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest spicycurry

Please excuse me if I am asking a lot of "stupid" questions here. Have we seen MJ's dad in any of the episode? We are only going by what the Mom has said right? I am getting lost in some parts so hopefully one of you can help understand this relationship. Again I apologize for asking so many questions.

I guess I am off to watch more eps. :D

We've never seen Min Jae's father but we first heard about him from Buki, who refused to have a relationship with the unseen character because she could tell he was married by his pressed shirts.

Guest clairebearz

Kim Bum's baby pictures... ADORABLE.

OK, so I mentioned more than once how I have been wanting boots... Well, I bought a pair tonight. NOT anywhere near the style on the show, but if I get the big bag, I think they will work:

And the wonderful "eyes" caps... THANK YOU.

Where did you get those!!! Those look great!!! The shoes I mean...

Guest RainingWendy

I just started to watch this drama today around 4 am and I finally finished episode 5 I am currently addicted to this drama, I was wondering if older women could date younger men this drama answered my question in a real life situation type of thing. I really love it, but I love his hair as black I am not sure how I'll get used to his silver hair but I'll give it a try.

the last piano scene is not as it really seems - my 0.02.

especially when put in context with what Min Jae said earlier in ep 12 (when they were choosing songs to perform at Da Jung's wedding) - that he hoped to propose in 3 yrs' time too.

i love this last MJ-SY piano scene in ep 12 - beautiful.

ranks #2 in my favorite scenes behind ep 10's (breathtakingly-understated sarang hae moment in hallway) and ep 9 (what are you afraid of).

another beautiful moment for me in ep 12 is when they both are 'singing to each other' in that wedding song (when they are both quietly mouth to each other that 'love forever' thing in the crowd singing).

my take on the last scene by the piano is - there is also a tinge of pensive 'sadness' on Min Jae's part after viewing Da Jung's wedding ceremony, just before he kisses SY..

perhaps he is is starting to understand maybe he cannot provide for Shin Young what a guy her age may be able to. or what someone in her age group may want (like his mom said) ... permanency, family, marriage, kids, more stability ... because note - just before he kisses her - he says: "this is all I can do for you right now ...."

(which to me sounded kinda a little .. regretful?)

and his opening comment when walking to to her ... on what it means to receiving the bouquet = that the recipient gets married within 6 mths, or have to wait 6 more years. a revealing comment ... bec all in all these thoughts tell me he's thinking deeper about their relationship.

he's starting to realise what a sacrifice this age-gap difference is to her @ 34, even if Shin Young's flippantly light-hearted reply to that was ... so what, I can still get married at 40.

*SPOILER* ep 12 (piano scene): (credit: translated from chinese subs @ www.natnatvip.org)

MJ: if you don't get married within 6 mths of getting this wedding bouquet ... you will have to wait 6 yrs.

SY: so what, I will just get married at 40

MJ: aren't you sad? your friend got married

SY: not at all

MJ: what are we going to do today?

SY: want to come over to my place? ( a BIG first for SY! she hardly ever makes the first bold move in this relationship - it's always MJ that has to push her onto the next level).

MJ: really?!? (yes, really dude - are all your lucky stars aligned today or what? B) you even had to trick her into a mouth to mouth kiss back there at the club).

SY: yes. we can cook together and watch TV after

MJ (digesting this unexpected invite and new development (WOW! PROGRESS!) and next ... (fast reaction - this guy always thinks really fast on his feet - really pushing his luck whilst he's ahead :lol: ):

can i not go home after too?

SY: (eh?) slowly turns ...

sure

MJ (swooping in to take her hand and give her that kiss we have all waited 12 episodes for):

today what i can give you is only this ....

*and we all swoon collectively with SY, as they finally kiss* (as girlfriday calls it on javabeans - a "SQUEE" moment). :wub:

(somehow ... i have this feeling the relationship won't go on to the next level yet ... their progression will probably be halted now that SY has made this new discovery - her ex + MJ's mom.

despite what MJ so generously said to his mom in ep 12 - about whether SM is going out with a 70 yr old haraboji or someone his own age(24) - he's willing to accept his mom's bf, ANY bf of hers.

but ... can he really accept SW?)

=============

joining in with the rest of the protesters here on this .... yes ==== WHY do they cue in next to Sang Mi and Sang Woo? please give us more MJ-SY moments. do not edit them out! we want MORE!

and less of those SM-SW moments please - i am starting to find those two tiresome. thankfully, we are seeing less of Sang Mi doing her Spanish dance routines these days - to me, she always looks kind of demented doing her dance moves, and she isn't good either, so why bother?

one possible reason i can think of is ... the Korean viewers are still not very accepting of this older woman-younger man relationship with such a large 10 yr age gap, and the PD is hesitant to push the kiss or any intimacy scenes between them too much, and too far.

(and Kim Beom is only 20 afterall in real life, to Park Jin Hee's 37). :mellow:

but hey, great script, great conversations between them (at convincing us how mature Min Jae's character is beyond his 24 yrs, and so able to hold his own against Sang Woo - woohoo!)

combined with great directing (and acting) so far!

thanks for all enjoyable caps on the many enjoyable eye moments! :wub:

intense eye electricity from both leads aside .... Park Jin Hee's beautiful perpectually sparkly eyes ....

i am also really impressed by how Min Jae's eyes can also turn dead-hard serious in one moment when he wants to impress upon her he really means what he says ... then amp it up further to starry-bright electrifying intense .... soften when romantic .... tear when hurt and really touched (like that beautiful sarang hae moment) ... or become really fun when he's teasing and mischievous.

for someone who's only 20 - Kim Beom's acting has really improved - he's good at conveying all these moments.

Guest dreamgazer1985

@kdramamine: thank you for the song list. I really like the way music are used in this drama so I'm discovering lots of new ones to listen to. :)

@jusash: Thank you for the translation from Chinese.

I have to say I rather like the way these characters developed. SY, once she accepted the fact that she likes MJ enough to want to date him and that she needs to date him, just kinda go full throttle at it, not looking back. She's constantly stepping up the plate lately, with confessing to SW, with standing up to the richard simmons (aka evil sunbae), and in ep. 12, with making that suggestion. Also how poignant is it that SY is the one not caring about the age issue and marriage anymore? She's just willing to go along on the ride with MJ, not caring about where it will take her.

Some side characters' comments:

I never mention this but I adore her merryband of reporters. They're so funny together. I love how SY always end up throwing stuffs at the guy.

DJ/ BS's almost sexy time scenes crack me up in 12. I just can imagine the bumbling situation that will occur on the wedding night. HAHA

Man, I love this show! Except for the ending of 12. Stupid PD! I shake fist in anger. There better be some like major cuddling time in the next ep. or something. >=[

EDIT: @kelea: oh man, I just read up on the movie you mentioned. And I'm gonna like cry if that's what happen. Cry and be very very very angry.

somehow ... i have this feeling the relationship won't go on to the next level yet ... their progression will probably be halted now that SY has made this new discovery - her ex + MJ's mom.

I have the growing fear that they will end up like the movie "Prime" - which showcases a May-December romance with a couple that has incredible chemistry.

:angry: ugh, this is so frustrating!!! I am only on eps. 7 and I want so much to skip all the other eps and watch 11 and 12. And this doesn't really help when I keep seeing "the kiss". OMG, this old lady here so much want to watch it. Okay, breath, breath - I will resist.

(kaciemom @ Feb 26 2010, 04:38 AM) *

Please excuse me if I am asking a lot of "stupid" questions here. Have we seen MJ's dad in any of the episode? We are only going by what the Mom has said right? I am getting lost in some parts so hopefully one of you can help understand this relationship. Again I apologize for asking so many questions.

spicy curry

We've never seen Min Jae's father but we first heard about him from Buki, who refused to have a relationship with the unseen character because she could tell he was married by his pressed shirts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@kaciemom:

and there was this other time too when MJ's dad called Min Jae. he had used his apt or something. don't recall the details but i think Min Jae said something like inform me next time, so i can clean up.

the call didn't seem to sit down too well with him either .. he was frustrated after ending that call, when composing at the piano (scene after).

hey, enjoy your ride! ignore the kiss hype for now. it's that entire progression ep 2--10 ... that makes 11 and 12 more worthwhile a journey.

FF irritating scenes or people (Sang Mi dance scenes for eg :rolleyes: ) to get there faster but whatever you do - slowly savour those MJ-SY interchanges, however small. it's the gradual subtle shift in their interactions that make it all so enjoyable (and natural).

@kelela

what was the ending of Prime? i vaguely remember the show (looked it up - Uma Thurman, Meryl Streep) but didn't watch it and don't know the ending. please please, please don't say it wasn't a happy unite. :o

@dreamgazer 1985:

i totally enjoy SY's team of reporter coworkers too! B)

knowing how 'dismal' the situation is with his mom (add their eavesdropping at cafe scene too when they were so busy-bodying the conversation between Min Jae and Sang Mi ) ..... in ep 12 they got her sunsangnim to ask SY for her autograph. hahaha .... how supportive is that? :lol:

DJ and BS are so suited to each other. he laps up all DJ dishes out, and she's so in control of the entire situation/relationship - that dude is sooo easy to manipulate.

DJ found herself a good match .. and since all her impossible princess conditions are there existing in BS .. .it really does not matter how awkward he is - she accepts him in entire package!

and in BS's eyes - DJ's a near-perfect goddess! (i can imagine even if somehow they really blunder and no sex actually occurs ... BS might even believe they did do it .. if DJ can manage to convince him somehow :lol: ).

Guest always501

Let's see, these are the songs that I heard (from beginning to end of episode 10):

1. DJ & BS at cafe, "Lil Star" by Kelis (ft. Cee-Lo)

2. MJ & SY having breakfast at cafe, "Lay Your Head Down" by Keren Ann

3. SY & SW talking, "Blue Sky of Mine" by Papermoon

4. MJ & SY at bar (before evil sunbae showed up, arrgh), "Down on My Knees" by Ayo

5. SW begging SY to take him back, "Other Side of the World" by KT Tunstall

lol, I like the music selection in this drama. I'll identify the songs in ep 11 as I watch it, soon!

THANK YOU!!!! :)

one possible reason i can think of is ... the Korean viewers are still not very accepting of this older woman-younger man relationship with such a large 10 yr age gap, and the PD is hesitant to push the kiss or any intimacy scenes between them too much, and too far.

I think this might be true. Actually I'm still not ready to watch KB doing intense kisses because of his age. He is for me is still young to do these scenes. A peck, a light kiss will do, but looking into this storyline - you know about 30++ women, I can imagine what to expect from the storyline and kisses will be like. I am biased you know, at first knowing his will act in this drama - what the heck? You are only 20. Are you ready doing intense scenes?? Are your fan ready to watch it?

Although of all these thought, I'm still enjoying it. KB improved a lot on his acting.

Guest carnaladmirer

jusash,park jin hee is only 32 and kim bum is 21

@kaciemom - DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT SKIP ANY EPISODES. Yes, we love love love SY and MJ, but one of the most amazing things about this series is the friendship between the three women. Some scenes are NOT to be missed.

@jusash - Movie had a TON of amazing chemistry, and an ending that made perfect sense, but it was deflating. That's all I will say.

Guest thehibiscus

Park Jinhee is only 32. Not 37. I had to point that out cuz you know we girls are sensitive about our years. Hehe. Anyway, a big yes to being irritated by all the SM and SW scenes. One of my friends further pointed out that SM always talks through her teeth and while at first I didn't see it, now it's all I see and it irritates me even more. I don't care about them! I'm considerably frustrated by the director's continuing decision to focus the bulk of the story on people who don't really matter. I wanted Buki to have a story but nooo.

And the kiss! What the heck was up with the kiss? Psht. Four more episodes to go. Either they'll be spent (on SY's part) agonizing about what she saw or MJ's going to flip a pinkberry when he finds out that his mom's amor is none other than his girlfriend's ex.

As Dreamgazer often says, the vagina connection is totally gross. SW might end up her father in law... O.o

Doesn't this remind anyone else of Dal Ja's Spring? In a good way of course.

@jusash: Thank you for the translation from Chinese.

I have to say I rather like the way these characters developed. SY, once she accepted the fact that she likes MJ enough to want to date him and that she needs to date him, just kinda go full throttle at it, not looking back. She's constantly stepping up the plate lately, with confessing to SW, with standing up to the richard simmons (aka evil sunbae), and in ep. 12, with making that suggestion. Also how poignant is it that SY is the one not caring about the age issue and marriage anymore? She's just willing to go along on the ride with MJ, not caring about where it will take her.

yes - once she jumped into the relationship - she's out there totally enjoying it, fighting for it, and defending it for all the relationship is worth.

i like how Shin Young is not bowing down to SM. for starters - she's NOT backing off or cowering in deference to the fact she's MJ's mother - good for SY! (exactly one of the traits in SY MJ totally likes too! B) )

that was one LOW dirty blow in ep 12 (when mom arrived with all those giggly girls his age who had grown up with MJ .. and hinted that SY's mom is haemoni/grandma age to MJ). while i have sympathy for her, i don't like SM very much.

i also like how MJ .... despite how much he obviously loves his mom and is so gentle and considerate with her (concerned when mom is upset with him (the countless trips he botheres to make to the apartment, or the messages he leaves for SM or the gifts he buys) ... he is obviously close to her - yet he also gently but very firmly draws the lines when his mom belittles SY. B)

he is also well aware when SY jealously mentions that Yu-Ri girl from his childhood ... who is behind it, and how SY knows such details.

no matter how close Min Jae is to his mom, and how openly communicative he is with he .. he's assertive and stands up even to his mom. like how he stood up for his music choice too, and told SM to butt off to let him lead his life choices.

and now when it concerns SY too. he draws the boundaries just as firmly, and lets his mom know it. many lesser men older than him and close to their mothers - can't seem to do that at all; or stand in the middle being wimpy, wishy-washy ... or totally lose it and blow up .... all of which don't help matters.

Older Ban Seok for eg was a wash out when it came to his dad.

sorry all, did I type 37? :o that's one huge 5 YR mistake - SORRY! :ph34r:

a big THANKS to carnaladmirer and the hibiscus for the correction!

Park Jin Hee is one actress i have always enjoyed since i stumbled on a few of her movies some yrs back ... like Whispering Corridors, Love Talk, and Love in Magic. this is my first time (i think) seeing her in a drama.

Guest favoree

.....my take on the last scene by the piano is - there is also a tinge of pensive 'sadness' on Min Jae's part after viewing Da Jung's wedding ceremony, just before he kisses SY..

perhaps he is is starting to understand maybe he cannot provide for Shin Young what a guy her age may be able to. or what someone in her age group may want (like his mom said) ... permanency, family, marriage, kids, more stability ... because note - just before he kisses her - he says: "this is all I can do for you right now ...."

(which to me sounded kinda a little .. regretful?)

Thank you gor this comment, I think you are right about MJ's feelings, but the question is : Does SY really need all that in their relashionship? That is by the way the main question in this type of relashionship:

the man wants and needs some future, it's him who wants family, kids, be the head of the family, etc., the woman might only want to be loved at this age. Remember she told to SW previously, that even if their love with MJ ends in one year, she'd go for it anyway.

(somehow ... i have this feeling the relationship won't go on to the next level yet ... their progression will probably be halted now that SY has made this new discovery - her ex + MJ's mom.

despite what MJ so generously said to his mom in ep 12 - about whether SM is going out with a 70 yr old haraboji or someone his own age(24) - he's willing to accept his mom's bf, ANY bf of hers.

but ... can he really accept SW?)

Yeah, that might be too hard for him.

=============

I also have the same feeling, but believe me it's universal, not only korean, I would also be careful if I had to be in a relashionship with a guy who is that much younger and it should be his first experience, I would wait for him to really want it or even maybe still coud not be able to accept his feelings, especially if they are serious

Even if SY is determined to go thru this relashionship till the end ( like in Majo no jouken) it's a very rocky road even now in 2010. SW as Mj's mother boyfriend, giving to MJ full freedom to find himself in profession, while continuing working herself even if kids come, inevitable aging and feeling insecure about that, the necessity to make a bigger career to remain in the flow of society to reduce this age gap issue, not to become boring to MJ, maintaining high level of energy to keep up with him. Wow it's a hard work. But still this life might be better than just remaining all alone.

I have the growing fear that they will end up like the movie "Prime" - which showcases a May-December romance with a couple that has incredible chemistry.

I haven't seen the movie you talk about but why is SY-MJ's relationship called a May-December romance? Saying December almost implies that SY is a grandma with crutches. <_< But she is not. She a hot and smart woman in her early thirties. Their romance should be called May-August. That would perfectly fit the hot couple they are and the sizzling chemistry between them. :)

about MJ-SY relationship:

Because they look so good together and both are mature and intelligent people I have no problems with their relationship. As jusash mentioned they appreciate each other and their feelings. They are honest and brave enough to defend their relationship when needed. That for me makes you an adult more than your age. They are free to be intimate as much as they like.

And judging from the ratings the crazy and immature fangirls(boys?) don't watch the drama anyways because of the age difference. Then why cut the romantic moments between SY and MJ?

Archived