[Movie 2010] I Saw The Devil, 악마를 보았다

rubie

KJW-CMS-LBH The Power of Three Men, Too Strong!

http://www.esportsi.com/bbs/zboard.php?id=...asc&no=3781

KBS News streaming featuring Dir. Kim Ji Woon (just a short interview) and some BTS scene starta at about 10:50 to 13:00

http://asx.kbs.co.kr/player.html?url=2TV%2...=1&encyn=y#

Thanks to the highlight at GBW cafe daum 5944 This is a must-watch clip thumbup.gif some of GBW, BSL & Oldboy scenes featured too.. total badass and bloodfest! :o

[Movieworld] KJW-LBH-CMS I Saw The Devil filming BTS

youtube2.jpg

or Original Link

Very clear CAPTURES at ISTD naver cafe, check it out! :lol:HERE

sd1.jpg

sd2.jpg

sd3.jpg

sd4.jpg

sd6.jpg

sd7.jpg

sd8.jpg

sd9.jpg

sd10.jpg

sd11.jpg

sd12.jpg

sd13.jpg

sd14.jpg

sd15.jpg

sd16.jpg

sd17.jpg

sd18.jpg

sd19.jpg

sd22.jpg

sd23.jpg

sd25.jpg

sd26.jpg

sd27.jpg

sd28.jpg

sd29.jpg

sd30.jpg

sd31.jpg

sd34.jpg

sd35.jpg

sd36.jpg

sd37.jpg

sd38.jpg

sd39.jpg

sd40.jpg

sd41.jpg

sd42.jpg

sd43.jpg

sd44.jpg

sd45.jpg

sd46.jpg

sd47.jpg

sd48.jpg

sd49.jpg

sd50.jpg

Captures by EverythingLBH

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

June 8, 2010

Finecut presells I Saw the Devil to three more territories

20100528043548_sysy_1.jpg

The eagerly anticipated new thriller from Korea’s master stylist Kim Jee-woon, I Saw the Devil is ratcheting up the number of pre-sales deals for sales rep Finecut, with England, Taiwan and Turkey picking up rights. The horror-thriller stars top actor Lee Byung-hun (The Good, The Bad, The Weird) and marks the mainstream comeback of famed thespian Choi Min-sik (Old Boy).

U.K. based film distribution company Optimum Releasing picked-up rights to the thriller which is close to wrapping production and due out locally in late-summer. Optimum had previously bought rights to several Korean films including The Host and Chaw for U.K. release.

Taiwanese distributor Catchplay and Turkey’s Bir Film also purchased release rights to the film. In addition, Finecut previously struck a major sales deal with ARP for France during the Cannes festival market. ARP had bought rights to Kim’s 2008 feature The Good, The Bad, The Weird. Kim’s filmography includes A Bittersweet Life (2005), A Tale of Two Sisters (2003) and The Foul King (2000).

I Saw the Devil is the tale of an extreme psychopath (played by Choi) who kills for pleasure. When the daughter of a retired police chief becomes victim of his next horrific pleasure-kill, her fiancé, a secret agent (played by Lee), tracks him down and designs a vengeance as gruesome as is in his power to deliver.

Source: Nigel D’Sa (KOFIC)

Thanks to the highlight at PlanetBH0712 rbhcool.gif really large captures at ISTD naver gallery

img_0001r.jpg

img_0005r.jpg

SPOILER-CMS1 :oSPOILER-CMS2 :oSPOILER-CMS3 :oSPOILER-LBH

• 2 weeks later...

June 23, 2010

2010 Action-thrillers

Lee Byunghun-Choi Minsik 'I Saw the Devil' No.1 Most Anticipated Acting Showdown

201006231028441003_1.jpg

1. I Saw the Devil (Choi Min Sik, Lee Byung Hun, Dir. Kim Ji Woon) 52%

2. Unfair Trading (Hwang Jung Min, Ryu Seung Beom) 23%

3. Troubleshooter (Sul Kyung Gyu, Lee Jung Jin)13%

4. Mujeokja (Song Seung Hun, Joo Jin Mo) 11%

Source: nate.news.com

June 23, 2010

Lee Byunghun to appear on ABC "Good Morning America"

Reporter : Lucia Hong Editor : Jessica Kim

2010062317155940435_2.jpg

Korean actor Lee Byung-hun in a scene from the film "I Saw The Devil" [showbox]

Top Korean actor Lee Byung-hun will appear on ABC's "Good Morning America," one of the most popular programs broadcast on the American public network, according to the actor's agency BH Entertainment on Wednesday.

BH Entertainment announced in a press release that Lee will represent Korea as a cultural figure on the morning show featuring a special segment commemorating the 60-year anniversary of the Korean War titled "Long War," set to air at the end of this month.

The special will focus on the developments and changes that has occured in the country since the war as well as featuring interviews with leading figures in the country including Korean President Lee Myung-bak, C.E.O of Doosan Park Yong-mann and actor Lee Byung-hun.

ABC interviewed Lee Byung-hun on his success in Korea as well as his venture into Hollywood -- he made his debut in the U.S. film industry through action flick "G.I. Joe" last year. Considered one of the most successful actors in Korea, Lee has numerous dramas and films under his belt.

He recently finished shooting the upcoming thriller "I Saw The Devil" alongside Korean actor Choi Min-sik. "Devil" is about a secret agent (played by Lee) plotting revenge against a serial killer (Choi) who killed his fiancee. It is scheduled for release in Korea this summer.

Reporter: Lucia Hong luciahong@ Editor: Jessica Kim jesskim@ <ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved> 10.asiae.co.kr

Thanks to the highlight at PlanetBH0712, 2010 movie survey at cine21.com

Most anticipated return of famous Director

cine21_kjw.jpg

1. Dir. Kim Ji Woon (I Saw the Devil) 64.5%

2. Dir. Ryu Seung Wan (Unfair Trading) 15.3%

3. Dir. Song Hae Seung (Mujeokja) 10.2%

4. Dir. Lee Jeong Beom (The Man from Nowhere) 10.1%

TimelessLBH

• 2 weeks later...

July 7, 2010

Korean box office sets all-time high during first half of 2010

Reporter : Lynn Kim Editor : Jessica Kim

The Korean box office set a new record during the first half of 2010 with ticket sales hitting an all-time high, according to data by the Korean Film Council (KOFIC).

KOFIC's official report on the local film industry, released Tuesday, stated that Korean moviegoers paid out approximately 547 billion won for theater tickets during the first six months of the year, up 14.6 percent from the same period last year.

However, at nearly 70 million, the total number of viewers dropped by 3.9 percent, or 2.8 million persons, from the previous year. The sales jump despite the smaller number of audience appears to have been due to the increase in ticket sales, especially for 3D-film releases, most notably James Cameron's smash hit "Avatar."

The month of January saw the biggest number of viewers, thanks to the dual success of "Avatar" and Korean fantasy action pic "WOOCHI." The two films brought in over nine million moviegoers from around the country in January alone.

Except for in February and June, domestic films trailed Hollywood pics in terms of their presence on the local box office. The total number of people who watched Korean films around the country clocked in at close to 30 million, down 7.3 percent from the previous year, but ticket sales were up 2.1 percent, thanks to higher ticket prices.

The biggest commercial hit on the Korean box office during the first half turned out to be Hollywood 3D blockbuster "Avatar," which set several records in the country including the most-watched film of all-time and highest ticket sales (at 81.4 billion won).

The most-watched Korean film during the period was "Secret Reunion" with 5.42 million moviegoers, followed by "WOO CHI", "Harmony", "A Story of Bangja" and "The Housemaid."

Half the top ten most-watched movies during the period were distributed by major media company CJ Entertainment.

The upcoming movie line-up for the second half include Korean films "Moss", "I Saw The Devil", "The Man From Nowhere" as well as Hollywood pics "Shrek Forever After", "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse", "Inception" and "Salt."

Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@ Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@ <ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved> 10.asiae.co.kr

July 7, 2010

I Saw The Devil

Author: daiko

i-saw-the-devil.jpg

”I Saw the Devil” is a highly anticipated movie thriller this summer. Directed by famous director Kim Jee-woon (The Good, The Bad, The Weird), this movie is starred by 2 actors with strong characters, Lee Byung Hun and Choi Min Shik. Other cast are Oh San Ha, Kim In-seo, Kim Yoon-seo, Nam Bo-ra.

Choi Min Shik and Lee Byung Hun, both are premier Korean actor domestically and internationally. This movie is Choi Min Sik's reunion with Director Kim Jee-woon after their first collaboration 12 years ago in the 1998 horror film boom ‘The Quiet Family”.

The story is about a serial killer (played by Choi Min Shik) who kill for pleasure, who one day choose a wrong, very wrong victim. He killed a daughter of a retired police chief. Then the fiance of the victim, a secret agent (played by Lee Byung Hun) track the serial killer and plot a revenge.

The confrontation between the brutal serial killer and the angered-full of revenge secret agent is very intense, bloody and frightening.

Source: koreanvibe.com

Hi jaceone, though I'm a bit a lot squeamish with the blood and all.. can't wait for the movie as well.

Hope there'll be an English write-up on this but BH's transformation in ISTD had been a really maddening process throughout the movie. While CMS as the killer holds nothing back in his "psycho pleasures".. LBH kept everything inside of him.. cool and collected.. till the moment it just becomes total hell for both of them. A satisfied Dir. KJW has nothing but high praises for these two top & excellent movie actors. thumbup.gif

Thanks to Forever LeeByunghun fan-blog for the caps

July 8, 2010

'I Saw the Devil' a cold madness character

4034.jpg

4036.jpg

Source: news.nate.com

The promos are starting *awesome!*.. hope we'll get the clip of this MBC Section TV for LBH-CMS 'I Saw the Devil' feature.

July 9, 2010

I Saw the Devil Poster Photoshoot & Interview

201007091718341001_1.jpg

Top actors, Choi Min Sik and Lee Byung Hun in a recent interview shared a great lighthearted moment featuring their upcoming movie which they enjoyed working with Dir. Kim Ji Woon. Both actors are especially close to Dir. Kim as CMS had worked together in the debut movie of the acclaimed director while LBH had collaborated twice in Dir. Kim's BSL and GBW.

July 10, 2010

Really hope we'll have the clips for these interviews (on MBC?).. anyone??.. LBH talks about his love-hate?? relationship with Dir. Kim :P .. something like the cigarettes.. and I truly wonder what CMS say about BH and vice-versa.

20100710_1278698809_53824800_2.jpg

201007092312001001_1.jpg

Source: news.nate.com 1 l 2

July 12, 2010

Thanks to the highlight at GBW cafe.daum 6037, 'I Saw the Devil' interview with Choi Min Sik, Dir. Kim Ji Woon and Lee Byunghun-ssi plus behind-the-scene footage from the filming. I think this is another feature, apart from the MBC SectionTV interview before.

youtube2.jpg

Madness Confrontation: ISTD Hot Reaction

The upcoming release of movie "I Saw the Devil" have created a ripple of hot response from the netizens following the recently posted new trailer.

201007120856391003_1.jpg

Thanks to veve111 and ylin at EverythingLBH for the naver link & large captures, plus an awesome treat Dir. KJW-GBW cafe daum rbhcool.gif

I SAW THE DEVIL intro link @naver:

http://movie.naver.com/movie/bi/mi/photo.nhn?code=72408

ISTD2.jpg

ISTD1.jpg

kjw_sd.jpg

kjw_sd1.jpgkjw_sd1a.jpg

kjw_sd2.jpgkjw_sd2a.jpg

kjw_sd3.jpgkjw_sd3a.jpg

kjw_sd4.jpgkjw_sd4a.jpg

kjw_sd5.jpgkjw_sd5a.jpg

kjw_sd6.jpg

kjw_sd7.jpg