Superstar K Winner, Seo In Gook [서인국]

baoi

Seo In Guk talks plans for his impending military enlistment

Seo In Guk shared about his plans for military enlistment. 

"Of course, I'll have to enlist in the military," said Seo In Guk to Star News. He then revealed that he's planning to enlist next year, and said, "The date is not out yet but I'm planning to enlist right away when I get conscripted."

Seo In Guk added, "People I know told me that I'll adjust well when I go to the military. And everyone serves in the military so I just want to quietly enlist if I can."

As for his plans before enlistment, he said, "Nothing is planned yet. But I think my fans will be disappointed if I don't do anything until enlistment so I'm' thinking about various things right now."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/11/seo-in-guk-talks-plans-for-his-impending-military-enlistment

Seo In Guk Reveals His Military Enlistment Plans

Seo In Guk recently had an interview with Star News and was asked about his upcoming plans.

The actor answered, “I think I’ll be going to the military.”

Seo In Guk was approved for active-duty soldier status following a physical examination and is planning on enlisting next year. He said, “The military is place I definitely have to go to. My enlistment date has not come out yet, but I am planning on enlisting when my draft notice arrives.”

He continued, “People who know me have said that they think I will adjust well when I go to the military. Everyone has to go to the military, so I would like to enlist quietly.”

As for his plans prior to enlistment, Seo In Guk carefully commented, “I have no plans yet. However, I think fans will be sad if I don’t do anything before enlisting. I’m thinking of several different things.”

Seo In Guk also commented on his recent drama “Shopping King Louie” being successfully received and said, “I want to say thank you to viewers. At first I heard that the subject was cliche. When it aired, the unique set-up and episodes were shown. The pure drama was able to reach many people and I think the good results were due to viewers enjoying it.”

src : http://www.soompi.com/2016/11/25/seo-guk-reveals-military-enlistment-plans/

Seo In Guk plans to enlist in the army next year

2016112517154160230_1_99_20161126080139.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-11-25%2Bat%2B5.02.49%2BPM.png

Star News - Naver: Seo In Guk "considering to enlist next year... If I receive my draft notice, I want to enlist quietly"

1. [+3,805, -69] He's smart and knows his timing to enlist ㅋㅋ Wishing you more success after service.
2. [+3,016 -55] I think he's fully become an actor now
3. [+2,286, -37] I didn't know he hasn't served yet.. Anyway, he's good with playing variety of roles, from a con man, to an innocent chaebol. You did a great job this year ㅎㅎㅎ
4. [+1,713, -45] He leaves right when his career is at its peak...
5. [+1,302, -42] I'm going next year too. Let's get along well if we ever meet each other
6. [+232, -7] You can trust Seo In Guk ㅎㅎㅎ 'Louis' was the best ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
7. [+189, -2] It's best that you serve in active duty. Image is important for actors. Look at celebrities who get exemptions or special favors, they get sworn at for the rest of their lives. Better to get on it quickly and come back but then again, you're popularity has risen to another level after 'Police Unit 38' and 'Louis'
8. [+165, -6] 'Shopping King Loius' was a healing drama. Seo In Guk and Nam Ji Hyun were charming. I want a season 2 with the same cast
9. [+123, -6] Have a concert before you enlist!!!

src : http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/11/seo-in-guk-plans-to-enlist-in-army-next.html

What does Seo In Guk think of his nickname, 'Master of Kissing'?

Seo-In-Guk

You write it as Seo In Guk, and read it as the 'Master of Kissing'. If you've watched his dramas, then you know that Seo In Guk deserves the title. The singer and actor is known for his incredible "skills" in filming kiss scenes, and most recently, he gained attention for his performance on the MBC drama 'Shopping King Louie'. 

In an interview with Star News, Seo In Guk shared his thoughts on being the 'Master of Kissing'. He said, "It's very embarrassing. It's a compliment, but the word is just embarrassing." 

He continued, "A kiss scene is like the flower of the drama, and I don't think there's a specific concept of doing it well. However, in order for that flower to grow, there needs to be a [good] description, and I think I was able to make it because it was beautifully drawn."

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/11/what-does-seo-in-guk-think-of-his-nickname-master-of-kissing

• Like 2

Seo In Guk Gets Embarrassed At Being Called A “Kiss Master”

shopping king louie

On November 25, Seo In Guk sat down for an interview about his recently wrapped drama, “Shopping King Louie.” In the drama he played a conglomerate heir who falls in love with a country girl (Nam Ji Hyun).

Of all the scenes in the drama, he picked his first kiss scene with Nam Ji Hyun as the best. “I think that when people watch it, they will cheer us on. I think it came across as a very pure kiss. It was probably the first kiss for both characters. So when we acted it out, we made sure to be a little tentative.”

He added, “I think Louie and Go Bok Shil have about four kiss scenes in the drama, but the first one is the best.”

Seo In Guk is known as the “kiss master,” having established great chemistry with all his leading ladies so far. “That’s so embarrassing,” he said about the nickname. “It’s supposed to be a compliment, but the wording is so embarrassing. Kiss scenes are the highlight of a drama, but I don’t think skill enters into it. Kiss scenes need a well-made narrative to bloom properly.”

Source:http://www.soompi.com/2016/11/26/seo-guk-gets-embarrassed-called-kiss-master/

• Like 2

From his recent interview

http://www.soompi.com/2016/11/27/seo-guk-doesnt-hold-back-asked-prefers-acting-singing/

Seo In Guk Doesn’t Hold Back When Asked Which He Prefers Between Acting And Singing

A double threat in the entertainment industry, Seo In Guk has proved himself to be talented as both a singer and actor, although with varying results.

During a recent interview, he opened up about how he’s perceived more as an actor in the public’s eye, despite the great amount of affection he has for both acting and singing.

“Many people ask me which one I like more. I think it’s a question that’s based on things that are visible [to the public]. You see, I was even producing until late last night before coming here. I don’t place more importance on one over the other. However, I understand why someone might ask such a question just based on what they see, [promotion-wise],” Seo In Guk commented.

He firmly stated that both acting and singing are precious to him, and revealed, “I go around with my computer so I can make music when I’m not filming on set.”

In response to why there are long gaps between his solo releases, Seo In Guk said that the timing unfortunately worked out that way. “If I release an album while I’m currently working on a drama or film production, then that’s inconveniencing the production. I want to show myself solely through the drama when I’m working on one, and vice versa, I want to show myself through an album when I release one,” he explained.

While he will be enlisting in the army soon, Seo In Guk hinted that he still has some things he wants to do before he goes.

Seo In Guk will join the army in early 2017 (Interview)

seoinguk3.jpg

Q. It seems like you're getting high praise from many people for what you've done in your drama "Shopaholic Louis." Especially, it was very impressive that you showed a very subtle acting with your fingers.
Seo In Guk: Louis is the one who's lived in the cage. And I thought he should be fearful of everything around him. I wanted to express his anxiety delicately.

Q. What did you pay attention to most when you acted the character?

Seo In Guk: I cared much about his way of speaking. I thought the way of speaking is the key to express his personality, and I tried to voice various opinions concerning it.

seoinguk2.jpg

Q. Could you pick one memorable scene from the drama?
Seo In Guk: I cried a lot when Louis' grandma walked in her red shoes. I want to praise the drama's writer very highly because she described death so beautifully. It was absolutely a perfect scene.

Q. When "Shopaholic Louis" began to air, the drama couldn't get high ratings. However, it became number one in ratings later. What did you feel about it?
Seo In Guk: It's true I was really worried when the drama couldn't get high ratings. But a miracle happened. I appreciate the viewers for their love, and I'm really proud of the drama.

Q. What does "Shopaholic Louis" mean to you?
Seo In Guk: I think it's a fairy-tale drama. Even though so many bad things happen and there are so many bad people in the real world, "Shopaholic Louis" is a heart-warming drama which gives energy to many people.

seoinguk1.jpg

Q. Through the drama, you got the nickname "Meong Mung Mi."(a male who gives off very cute charm like a puppy) How do you feel?
Seo In Guk: When people say I look like a Shiba Inu or animation character Eddy, I feel not bad. It's a favorable expression, right? And when I acted Louis, I tried to imitate the cute act of puppies.

Q. I heard that you were the one who always tried to liven up the mood of the drama set.
Seo In Guk: Well, first of all, I like to talk with people. And I can easily make friends with the other actors because I try to talk to them much. What is important to me is being happy on a drama set. That's why I want to have a good relationship with the other actors. Some say it's a business relationship, but I don't think so.

Q. How did you enjoy acting with Nam Jihyun?
Seo In Guk: Even though she's younger than me, she's an experienced actress. I think she's a great actress because she was perfectly capable of speaking in a dialect and expressing her emotions at the same time. If I have a chance, I want to act with her once more.

seoinguk.jpg

Q. How was your kissing scene with her? You've filmed a total of 4 kissing scenes.
Seo In Guk: The first one is the most memorable. I think a story between two main characters is more important than their kissing scene. We had our story, and that's why the kissing scene could be beautiful. I was very nervous when I filmed the scene.

Q. I wonder if the character is similar to your real-life personality.
Seo In Guk: I think I have many faces. I'm sometimes very manly and lead people, but I sometimes act cute too. What Louis and I have in common is that we both are straightforward.

Q. It seems like you're focusing on your activities as an actor not as a singer.
Seo In Guk: just do the best I can with what I am given. I've recently appear in two dramas, "38 Task Force" and "Shopaholic Louis," but I've been continuously working on my music. I have both acting and singing on my brain.

Q. It's very notable that you've played a variety of different characters in your dramas since debut.
Seo In Guk: Actually, that was not what I intended to do. However, it's true I'm very proud of my filmography, and I'll keep trying to show various aspects of myself.
Q. Are you satisfied with your acting performance in "Shopaholic Louis"? And don't you feel burdened about people's high praise on your acting?
Seo In Guk: It was really hard to play Louis because it was not a normal character. Every time I played the character, I was worried at what the people's reaction would be. And yeah, I feel very burdened about people's high praise. That's why I suffer from a lot of stress before starting filming my new drama. I think I'm easily frightened.

Q. You'll be 30 years old next year. When will you join the army?
Seo In Guk: I think I will join the army in early 2017. I'm not worried about my life in the army but I'm worried if I lose my sense of trend in the army. Well, frankly speaking, I'm worried if I gain a lot of weights in the army because I'm sure I will adjust very well to army life, haha.

src : http://www.kpopbehind.com/2016/11/seo-in-guk-will-join-army-in-early-2017.html

CyWlxCbUQAAveEF.jpg

His new single featuring Double K is going to release on Dec,2.

He's going to do the rap and appeared in the MV.

Don't miss it guys!

5 hours ago, cecilia said:

Do you guys know he's having a year end concert on the 31/12? It's called Mint chocolate :) Ticketing starts in a few days!

cecilia, you going?  Ooops...no one has posted his year end concert details here yet.  let me do it then.

2016.12.31 Seo In Guk New Year Concert : Mint Chocolate

20161201-25788_11.jpg

Date & Time : 2016.12.31 10pm (Korea)
Venue : YES24 LIVE HALL
Ticket Price : 110,000 won (1st Floor 2500: Standing only, 2nd Floor 1000: Sitting)
Ticketing Site : http://ticket.yes24.com)
Booking Period : 2016.12.06 - 2016.12.07 (Heartriders), 2016.12.09 (Public)

Heartrider verification for 2016.12.31 Seo In Guk Year End Concert : Mint Chocolate.

For existing Heartriders who plan to attend, please take note of the details below to verify your Heartrider Membership with Yes24 website:

Verification Period : 2 Dec 2016 12noon (Korea) to 7 Dec 2016 6pm (Korea)
Webpage : http://ticket.yes24.com/Pages/Perf/Detail/Detail.aspx?IdPerf=25788

Look for '팬클럽 회원인증하기' button to proceed with the verification. This button will only be available when the verification period starts.

Things to take note:
1) You need a valid Yes24 account to perform the above.
2) Ensure that the name and email used to register for Yes24 account are the same as the one used for 2015 Heartrider Membership
3) You will need to enter your name, date of birth and 2015 HeartRider Membership Number to complete the verification.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ilynnsg said:

cecilia, you going?  Ooops...no one has posted his year end concert details here yet.  let me do it then.

2016.12.31 Seo In Guk New Year Concert : Mint Chocolate

Date & Time : 2016.12.31 10pm (Korea)
Venue : YES24 LIVE HALL
Ticket Price : 110,000 won (1st Floor 2500: Standing only, 2nd Floor 1000: Sitting)
Ticketing Site : http://ticket.yes24.com)
Booking Period : 2016.12.06 - 2016.12.07 (Heartriders), 2016.12.09 (Public)

Heartrider verification for 2016.12.31 Seo In Guk Year End Concert : Mint Chocolate.

For existing Heartriders who plan to attend, please take note of the details below to verify your Heartrider Membership with Yes24 website:

Verification Period : 2 Dec 2016 12noon (Korea) to 7 Dec 2016 6pm (Korea)
Webpage : http://ticket.yes24.com/Pages/Perf/Detail/Detail.aspx?IdPerf=25788

Look for '팬클럽 회원인증하기' button to proceed with the verification. This button will only be available when the verification period starts.

Things to take note:
1) You need a valid Yes24 account to perform the above.
2) Ensure that the name and email used to register for Yes24 account are the same as the one used for 2015 Heartrider Membership
3) You will need to enter your name, date of birth and 2015 HeartRider Membership Number to complete the verification.

no i'm not going but hope some of you's can go!

• Like 1

He is not really rapping here but love his part so much ... :wub:

new from soompi

The List” Ranks Stars Who Conquered 2016 Including Park Bo Gum, TWICE, And More

Seo In Guk

Singer-turned-actor Seo In Guk was placed seventh. Seo In Guk released his self-composed song “Seasons of the Heart” in March and has been busy in the acting world with dramas such as “Squad 38” and “Shopping King Louie.”

read more https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/05/list-ranks-stars-conquered-2016-including-park-bo-gum-twice/

@ilynnsg are you going for the concert? i just verified my heartrider account on Yes24 today but still not sure can go or not :mellow:

• Like 1

Hallo guys please help vote for In Guk for his Shopping King  Louis MBC award. If he could win award it will be a great present for him before his enlistment next year. In Guk also wished to win best couple with NJH. Hope they will win since honey couple from W is very strong opponent.

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/event/2016mbc/vote/57845_index.html

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/event/2016mbc/vote/drama-couple.html

• Like 1

Seo In Guk says he's returning with a surprise single!

Singer/actor Seo In Guk says he'll be making a comeback with a surprise single! 

The star has been busy this year in the acting field, but recently collaborated with Double K by featuring in the rapper's single as a vocalist, and now, he'll be picking up his singing career again with his 6th digital single album! Exciting news for Seo In Guk fans everywhere! 

Stay tuned for more info on Seo In Guk's comeback, set for December 28!

Seo-In-Guk_1482280700_C0J86_iUsAMyBv7.jpg

SRC : http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/12/seo-in-guk-says-hes-returning-with-a-surprise-single

can't wait for this one. But call me greedy, can we get an album instead? Before his enlistment, I need a huge dose of Inguk's songs.

On 11/23/2016 at 0:46 PM, thecoldwindblows said:

Hi, nice to meet you all.

Ummm... can i throw my honest opinion here? I know you guys not gonna like it but anyway......opinion is opinion, right? everyone is entitled to say something whether we like or not.

I promised nothing against Seo In Guk  as I am one of his fan like you guys.. I think he made a wrong choice by choosing this drama project. This drama is such a boring story and very predictable... very disappointed! and he was right, I think he did too much/ overacting on this drama. I didn't feel like his natural acting like he used to! I skimmed through from the short clips each time the drama aired but It didn't move me to watch it any further.

I tried again to watch and was forcing myself to really really watch the first episode but..... I didn't have the energy to continue it... so boring! no wonder the ratings weren't really good either!

The first time I watched his drama was 'I Remember You' and his acting was soo great and I thought who is this guy? and looked through his previous dramas and was falling in love with Lee Min Seok (his acting was so cute, pabo, and  funny here) and 38 task force, gosh... love this drama so much because of  "the not so called kdrama story' like it used to be, brilliant story and great acting skills. But when he was announcing he will take up the role in SKL, I was worry about the storyline (too ordinary)  at first but still, I promise myself will watch it because I love SIG and... the reality is......sorry Seo In Guk, I  just can't stand this drama!! I have to pass it this time!

Hope he will make better choices next time :expressionless:

Hey don't worry about it. I had a hard time watching The King's Face and Love Rain too and though i enjoyed SKL, it didn't get me as well as IRY did. But I'm still happy that SIG did SKL because it's a strategy to fandom expansions. In this way he can access different types of viewers and his versatility as an actor can be proven. For that, I think SKL was a smart choice for him. He also handled the character with so much consistency and charm that I can't help but remain in awe and still be a fan.  The important part is that he is acting it well with a certain grade and charm. He needs to strengthen his acting portfolio because A-list actors in Korea really have very impressive portfolios. 

I'm surely looking forward to his acting projects post military-enlistment. He still hasn't done a full movie (except no breathing) that's very good. I read somewhere that acting for the TV screen and the Movie screen are two very different things. They say movies are more difficult because it's much more detail-specific and waaay more restrained. I wish SIG would later do something with excellent calibre directors and actors. He needs to work harder still (the Korean actor world is soooooo competitive) so we have to keep supporting him. Heartriders Fighting!

• Like 1

Seo In Guk drops MV for his sexy R&B comeback with 'BeBe'!

Seo In Guk is back as a sexy, R&B singer/song-writer for his new digital single, "BeBe"! 

This is Seo In Guk's 2nd time self-composing his new song after "Seasons of the Heart", released earlier this year. In the MV, Seo In Guk seems to involved in some sort of secret affair with the female lead actress, wearing sexy reds while the female lead is alluring in a black dress. 

src : http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/12/seo-in-guk-drops-mv-for-his-sexy-rb-comeback-with-bebe

Some photos for his single

C0u7orbUkAA5Ej1.jpg

C0u20KJUcAAWCZ5.jpg

C0sQSBFUsAAw6wf.jpg