Superstar K Winner, Seo In Gook [서인국]

baoi

Guest phi3nk

Seo In Guk leaves sweet greeting for fans during a road trip in 'Seo In Guk's One Day Before Enlistment'

Singer/actor Seo In Guk, who left us for his mandatory military enlistment this past March 28, greeted fans through a special VCR clip, titled 'Seo In Guk's One Day Before Enlistment'!

The clip, originally revealed during his 2016 year-end concert 'Mint Chocolate', captures Seo In Guk heading off on a road trip as a gift to himself for one day. The filming of the entire clip was 100% Seo In Guk's idea, and he participated in everything from planning, to scripting, props, and more. 

You'll be able to see Seo In Guk show his real side, him finding healing(?) through his past song "Baby U", as well as some heartfelt farewell message for a short while to fans, so spend some time with Seo In Guk above!

He'll return from the military in December of 2018. 

src : http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/03/seo-in-guk-leaves-sweet-greeting-for-fans-during-a-road-trip-in-seo-in-guks-one-day-before-enlistment

We'll wait!!

Guest phi3nk

Seo In Guk sent home from military service early due to osteochondral lesion

83632680.2_99_20170331210502.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-03-31%2Bat%2B4.03.43%2BPM.png

Sports Dong A via Naver: Seo In Guk's reps "To return home due to osteochondral lesion... scheduled for re-examination"

osteochondral lesion:  injury to the bone of the ankle joint

1. [+8,719, -518] When I was discharged from active duty, I got into an accident where I injured my left ankle and it developed into osteochondral lesion. I was in so much pain. I had to get surgery to repair the damaged joint but I have not recovered 100% so I walk with a limp on my leg. The doctor said this could get you exempted from enlistment.. I'm a fan of Seo In Guk-ssi and I hope gets surgery for it

2. [+4,635, -185] Hul... Get well soon

3. [+3,325, -149] I hope he's not in so much painㅠㅠ

4. [+3,287, -229] Wishing you a fast recovery so you can fulfill your duty in good health

5. [+2,641, -125] Oh no... I hope he's not very sick

6. [+1,108, -40] There were celebrities who lied about having sickness to evade service and the ones who are actually sick get doubted at so they have no option but to enlist in active duty .. Because of those bastards, people like Seo In Guk become victims..

7. [+775, -43] His ankles weren't always in the best condition, I once saw a footage of him limping. I thought he'd get better after consistently getting treatments, I'm worried for him

8. [+630, -20] I feel bad for celebrities who get criticized over the stuff like because of other celebrities who lied in the past

cr : http://kkul-jaem.blogspot.co.id/2017/03/seo-in-guk-sent-home-from-military.html

Seo In Guk Released From Military Service Due To Ankle Fracture

Seo-InGuk.jpg

Actor and singer Seo In Guk was released back to the public four days after enlisting in the military. 

On March 31st, it was confirmed that Seo In Guk ordered to go home due to osteochondral lesion, a minor break in the cartilage in his left ankle. The fracture was discovered after a physical examination in the local military office.

Hello, This is Jellyfish Entertainment

On March 28th, Seo In Guk, who was admitted to the recruitment training battalion of the 5th Infranty Division in the Gyeonggi Province as an active duty soldier, was ordered to return from the military today (March 31).

The cause was from an osteochondral lesion of his left ankle. It was confirmed initially prior to his enlistment but his detailed physical condition will be confirmed at a later date.

He tried to fulfill his military service but unlike his will, he was returned home. In the future, we will receive a follow-up physical examination at the local military office and will carry out his service according to the result.

Thank you.

Jellyfish Entertainment 

Seo In Guk enlisted at the Gyeonggi Province last March 28th for his enlistment. He was expected to complete five weeks of basic military training before proceeding to active duty.  Prior to his enlistment, he even released the digital track “Walk Together” as a tribute to his fans before his hiatus.

cr : http://www.koreaboo.com/news/seo-in-guk-returns-home-from-military-service-due-to-small-cartilage-fracture/

Seo In Guk leaves military service due to medical issues

Seo-In-Guk

Seo In Guk has taken his leave from his mandatory military service due to medical issues.

The singer started his military service on March 28, but just 4 days later, he's had to leave for health circumstances. On March 31, his agency Jellyfish Entertainment stated, "His unit told us Seo In Guk had been ordered to return home this afternoon around 5PM KST. It's been confirmed he has a health issue."

The label further revealed he has an osteochondral lesion, which is an injury or small fracture of the cartilage surface, on his left ankle. Though the military was aware of the injury, it wasn't until further examination that the extent of Seo In Guk's condition was discovered.

Seo In Guk had been receiving treatment in the military until his discharge, which he was personally against. Jellyfish also stated, "He plans to be examined once again at the regional Military Manpower Administration Office. He'll return to the army after another health examination." 
cr : http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/03/seo-in-guk-leaves-military-service-due-to-medical-issues

Though I'll be missing him, but I wish he'll get well soon and have speedy recovery. Pray for the best for him. Inguk, fightiiiiinnggg!!!!

Guest phi3nk
On 4/8/2017 at 8:45 AM, ituaku said:

Surprise video "Mint Chocolate" with English Subs from Team EngGuk

Do you have Youtube or Dailymotion link? I can't watch vimeo in my country :(

But thanks for the translation,Team EngGuk

Optometry Brand ‘Mark & Roth’ Features Seo In Guk As Its Spokesperson!

Olivia Jung, March 29, 2017, 9:52 a.m.

Glasses, glasses, glasses.. Oh glasses. Recently, actor and singer Seo In Guk was featured as the representative for the optometric brand ‘Mark & Roth’! The talented superstar was featured in Mark & Roth’s new campaign, which features very sophisticated and yet stylish glasses! The model’s very defined features brings out his eccentric jawline, which captivates viewers. The ‘Mark & Roth’ photoshoot is set to be featured in ‘W’ fashion magazine’s newest edition!

01_seoinguk_032917.jpg

If you haven’t heard of Seo In Guk in a while, that’s because he recently left for South Korea’s mandatory military service. If you are unsure of who Seo In Guk is, you might remember him in the Korean dramas, “Reply 1994” and “Reply 1997”. He was also featured in the hit drama the “Master’s Sun”

If you haven’t already searched up ‘Mark & Roth’ and started browsing through the catalog, then I don’t know what you’re doing!

Image may contain: 1 person, eyeglasses and closeup

http://www.koogle.tv/media/news/optometry-brand-mark-roth-features-seo-in-guk-as-its-spokesperson/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest phi3nk

Jellyfish Entertainment gives an update on Seo In Guk and medical examination

Actor Seo In Guk has been scheduled for another re-examination.

Jellyfish Entertainment revealed, "Seo In Guk went for a re-examination today on April 27 at the Seoul Regional Military Manpower Office.  Usually, the results from a general exam take up to one day, however, in Seo In Guk's case he was required to receive another more thorough full examination."

The agency continued, "As as result, Seo In Guk will be going for another re-examination on June 5 at the Central Physical Examination Agency located in Daegu.  We will be following up with the situation once the results roll out.  Please understand that we are unable to discuss anything in detail at the moment."

Meanwhile, Seo In Guk entered the military on March 28 but had to take a leave of absence from his mandatory military service just four days later due to medical issues.  Furthermore, it appears his next exam will determine whether he can resume his military service.

Stay tuned for more updates

src : http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/04/jellyfish-entertainment-gives-an-update-on-seo-in-guk-and-medical-examination

InGuk,,, Cheer up!! Fightiiiinnggg!!!  :)

Actor Lee Si Eon says he thought 'Reply 1997' would flop because of Seo In Guk and A Pink's Eunji

Eunji,Eunji,Seo-In-Guk

Actor Lee Si Eon shared the story behind the hit drama 'Reply 1997' during his appearance on 'Happy Together 3'.

Lee Si Eon revealed, "At first, I wasn't going to go on the drama because I heard the leads are Seo In Guk and Eunji. It was Seo In Guk's first drama and I didn't even know who Eunji was."

He continued, "I heard this recently but director Shin Won Ho said he wasn't going to cast me because I was unmannerly. At our first team dinner, I said to Seo In Guk, 'Are lead actors always this late?', and that made the director think about taking me out."

Lee Si Eon also shared, "Seo In Guk told me that he thinks our drama will do well but I looked down on him and said 'You wouldn't know because you've never done dramas'."

src : http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/04/actor-lee-si-eon-says-he-thought-reply-1997-would-flop-because-of-seo-in-guk-and-a-pinks-eunji

Who would know that these idol turn to be one of the best idol actor? :)

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2017 at 3:56 PM, kimnabong said:

I miss him so terribly much. I've never gone this long with zero news about him. Does any insider know where he is nowadays? I'm dying here :'( 

He just had another medical examination yesterday.. he should get the results in about 2-3 weeks which will determine where he's going to go.

Hoping that everything works out

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest phi3nk

@AnmeiX2  Just praying for the best.

The whole situation is frustating. I hope he doesn't give up for both his careers, as an actor also as singer and musician. 

If he wants to leave Jellyfish, then leave and go. Find some place that will support him better than before. I hope his careers will soar high comparable with his talents. He deserves that.

Cheer Up Smile Smiley Face, Emoticon       and       Good Luck Smile Smiley Face, Emoticon

• 2 months later...

Seo In Guk — Better Together Single Album and M/V Review

‘Better Together’ might be tailored more for fans rather than the general audience, with lyrics that comforts them and a simple ballad. ‘Mint Chocolate’ sounds more like what Seo In Guk is trying these days, but the repetitiveness of the track along with the use tropical house which is everywhere these days, makes the song lose its shine in the end. 

As a gift to his fans right before his enlistment, Seo In Guk released a single album for fans to remember him with. As I was impressed by his ‘Bebe’ single last year, I was looking forward for this single.

The cover for ‘Better Together’ shows an image of Seo In Guk, presumably at his concert, offering his mic to the audience while being sprayed down with confetti. The singer’s expression offers one of contempt and happiness, closing his eyes while just drowning in the moment. A gold thin linear frame surrounds the image, with ‘7th Digital Single’ written on the top left and the hangul for Seo In Guk on the top right, both written in a gold, serif font. On the bottom right of the album, two thin diagonal lines show the hangul words for ‘Better Together,’ which are all colored in gold. 

The image is simple yet it is meaningful to both Seo In Guk and their fans. It’s what connects them both as an artist and fans. However, I wonder if there could have been a stronger image, such as showing the audience’s in the distance, even if it’s blurred, as the image would have been stronger.

‘Better Together’ contains two songs; ‘Better Together’ and ‘Mint Chocolate (feat. 40).’

‘Beter Together’ is a soft mid-tempo ballad that centers on a piano melody. The song starts off with soft chords along with a piano melody line, before distant wind chimes and string plucks enter. Then as Seo In Guk’s voice enters, the piano changes to the lower-end chords, before a soft beat and distant guitars join the track in the pre-chorus. The guitars slowly become more prominent before the song hits the chorus, where the hand snaps, guitars, and piano create a flourishing instrumental under Seo In Guk’s voice. Then the track slowed back down using wind chimes and strings as a transition. After a little instrumental break with In Guk’s ad-libs, the song goes to the second verse. Initially, Seo In Guk’s layered voice thrive over soft snares and piano before the guitars and heavy drums returned as he rapped. A triple set of a soft beat returns the song to its softer side for the pre-chorus, where the bass gets a highlight. Then the track goes straight to the chorus, this time with prominent drums. A guitar line transitions the song afterwards as Seo In Guk did his ad-libs before the song slowly turns softer. The initial piano melody and strings that we heard in the beginning of the track closes the song. 

Though this song might seem simple during the first listen, what makes it stand out is the little additions that differentiates between sections of the song. Moreover, the transition between Seo In Guk’s singing and rapping is done well. I also like the fact that this song doesn’t sound too sentimental and is still enjoyable on a day to day level.

The lyrics of the song talks about the bitterness that will come with separation, that a couple will be ‘better together,’ but it’s also a song to fans, saying to wait as there will always be more (I still have memories to share with you.) He also comforts fans through the lyrics (Just a moment’s goodbye, it’s no big deal) It’s simple and straightforward, just the right thing to say.

The video is also simple, showing Seo in Guk interacting with his fans during his last concert before enlistment; ‘Mint Chocolate.’ He had fun, but he was sentimental while singing this song. In the beginning and the end of the video, we can see the singer under a pink sunset, with the last scene showing him turning around to face the audience. The transition and buildup of the video is nice, highlighting the big points of the song. The way the video is arranged also brings out the emotion that fans felt, but also comforting fans at the same time.

The latter track ‘Mint Chocolate’ goes to the trendy route: tropical house with a little reggaeton. Though the song initially started out interesting, the drop wasn’t as satisfying as I thought it would be. Moreover, Seo In Guk’s voice tends to be drowned out by the instrumentals, making it difficult to comprehend his emotions in this song. It’s a nice song to groove along to, but much like the problems with tropical house, it gets repetitive near the end of the song.

‘Better Together’ might be tailored more for fans rather than the general audience, with lyrics that comforts them and a simple ballad. ‘Mint Chocolate’ sounds more like what Seo In Guk is trying these days, but the repetitiveness of the track along with the use tropical house which is everywhere these days, makes the song lose its shine in the end. 

What do you guys think of ‘Better Together?’ Comment down below and don’t forget to like and follow this blog! Have a nice day everyone :)

src : http://kmusicandgroove.tumblr.com/post/163330182114/seo-in-guk-better-together-single-album-and-mv

• 4 weeks later...