Superstar K Winner, Seo In Gook [서인국]

baoi

Our Beloved Couple in Style Icon Award 2012 

24265582.jpg

Pretty boy Seo In Guk closed out the night with the nation′s sweetheart Jung Eun Ji.

66845721.jpg
id="watch-headline-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-size: 1.8333em; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; font-weight: bold; height: 1.1363em; max-height: 1.1363em; line-height: 1.1363em; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; "Jung Eunji(정은지)& Seo In Guk(서인국) -  SIA Style Icon Awards 2012http://youtu.be/7LqMwwd_4D
24792079.jpg
tumblr_mcgabb99ng1rt6u6ho1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mcg97qAC2z1rt6u6ho7_500.jpg

20261346.jpg

Guest tiamuah

happy belated birthday, dear seo in guk. i guessed this year means a lot to you. the 'perfect fit' album, the dramas 'love rain', 'rasca's sons' and of course the yoon yoon jae - reply 1997 who brought you to won KDA as best male rookie and SIA top 10 2012. but most of all is people's recognition to your talent in many things. still you're such a humble simple guy. i wish you get more love and support in your future. live your life wisely and happily (maybe with eun ji. hehe inguk-eunji shipper here :P)

have a blast october's birthday gifts! :)

;)

Seo In Guk Wants to Get Married Early

Through Yoon Yoon Jae and Yoo Seung Gi, Seo In Guk is currently celebrating his life as a popular actor. 
In a recent interview with CeCi magazine, Seo In Guk talked tvN’s Reply 1997 and MBC’s Rascal Sons, as well as Mnet’s Superstar K.

54409034.jpg

When he arrived on the photo shoot for CeCi, he became incredibly excited over all the different props ready to be used. Still a young 20-something year old, Seo In Guk playfully kept the shoot’s atmosphere bright and funny. 

He embraced all the clothes and props that were thrown at him, proving that he is a man who makes everything anything work. 

On his success in both singing and acting, he said, “Opportunities can come to anyone. They say that in order to grab those chances, you need to be prepared and ready, but acting was something I never expected.”

62755959.jpg

“I just went to an audition because of manager. The director liked my accent acting and cast me in Love Rain.”

Seo In Guk also shared that he didn’t like children until his role as Yoo Seung Gi on Rascal Sons
“I really didn’t like children before. But now when Boram, who acts as my son, comes running to me saying, ‘Daddy~,’ I love it. I go crazy. At times like that, I want to get married early.”

32316155.jpg

The entire pictorial and interview can be found in the November issue. 

He is so cute ...... :x

Seo In Guk Says He′ll Never Forgive a Cheating Girlfriend

Watch out, playgirls; Seo In Guk said he would never forgive a girlfriend who cheated on him.

The singer recently attended a photo shoot and interview with the magazine @star1 wearing the fashion brand Kelburn.

18984002.jpg

His statement about his girlfriends is especially notable in that it goes against the role he′s currently playing in his drama. He appears as the playboy Yoo Seung Gi in the MBC drama Rascal Sons, but he said in the interview, "I′ll never forgive my girlfriend if she cheats on me. I won′t even be persuaded if she says it was ′just once.′"

He couldn′t seem to understand why someone would love someone else when he/she′s already in a relationship.

"I never look back at a girlfriend who′s cheated on me," he said. "I can′t forgive cheating, and I never even bring the word to mind."

In the photo spread he softened up and posed with tvN Reply 1997 co-star, A Pink′s Jung Eun Ji. This is the first time the two have been featured in a photo spread together.

Check out the story behind Reply 1997 and Seo In Guk′s love life in the November issue of @star1.

18984004.jpg

Photo credit: @star1
Source

• 2 weeks later...

class="entry-title" style="margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-style: inherit; font-size: 1.8em; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; letter-spacing: -1px;"allkpop Radar: Seo In Gukby Pakman20121105_allkpop_radar.jpg

With his natural acting talent coupled with his cute, boyish looks and attitude, Seo In Guk is currently receiving a lot of media attention for his on-screen role as Yoon Yoon Jae from ‘Reply 1997′, and his off-screen role as the puppy lover of A Pink‘s Eunji. Interview after interview, he is asked about his relationship and chemistry with his co-star. Article after article, comments are flooded with the hope that he and Eunji will become the next Ji Hyun Woo and Yoo In Na. But what some may not realize about Seo In Guk is that he has been around long before he became Yoon Yoon Jae in ‘Reply 1997′, and has been working hard to pave his own way to his current seat of stardom upon which he sits now.

Seo In Guk first appeared on Korea’s radar, not as an actor, but as an aspiring singer. Specifically, as a contestant on the first season of ‘Superstar K’ (2009). Through the show, it was revealed that he came from a family that collected recyclables for a living. He was from an evidently impoverished background, yet he had wanted to become a singer ever since he was 10-years-old, and so auditioned for a lot of different labels in order to achieve his dreams. He did anything for what others around him may have considered the impossible, and in a later interview, he revealed that he even pushed himself to the point of temporarily developing an eating disorder when a JYP Entertainment employee told him to consider losing some weight.

Although having a case of bulimia is certainly not something one would consider commendable, Seo In Guk presented himself as someone fiercely determined, and he finally succeeded. Wowed by a singing talent that had been rejected by many other entertainment labels because of his looks, the country voted him to be crowned the winner of the show. When Seo In Guk came out with his first mini-album,“Calling You”, Korea continued to be supportive of him as all three of his songs ranked on the charts.

The public had acknowledged Seo In Guk for his singing talent. Yet, the public also couldn’t help but naturally label Seo In Guk as the ‘Superstar K’ victor, the “instant star”–a term that Seo In Guk didn’t like, as he later stated in an interview, “If you look at it on one end, the moments I appeared on television are everything the public sees about me. Yet the time I spent practicing by myself were the longest.” Seo In Guk wanted to establish that the couple of times people saw him on TV, that even ‘Superstar K’, were not the sole reasons he was able to become famous in an “instant”. It was the hours behind the scenes that he spent practicing his singing that made him the increasingly polished star he was becoming. It was all a gradual process.

That process has recently catapulted with Seo In Guk’s venture into the acting field. As he’s taken on the role as the silly Kim Chang Mo/Kim Jeon Sol in ‘Love Rain’ and then the awkward Yoon Yoon Jae in ‘Reply 1997′, Seo In Guk has revealed that he has a knack for acting the adorkable kind. And as he continues to guest on variety shows and interact with fans via social media, he has revealed himself to be a bit of a playful little jokester himself, expressing his concern that his nipples are placed too low on his body, tricking his fans into thinking he has a girlfriend by posing with a female mannequin, and most notably, trolling the world into thinking he may have feelings for his co-star Eunij while giggling at reactions (seriously, does he like her or not?!).

As he has recently signed on with Irving Entertainment for possible activities in Japan, and is also currently acting in the 50-episode weekend drama ‘Rascal Sons’, the future seems bright with possibilities for Seo In Guk. Although he is constantly associated with A Pink’s Eunji now, even achieving awards that involve his chemistry with her, such an association, rather than hinder him, will hopefully only help to expose him more to both Korean and international fans alike. And as he embarks on more projects and cultivates his career, here’s to hoping that his fame won’t always be merely attributed to ‘Superstar K’, or to ‘Reply 1997′, but to him, as the hard worker behind it all.

seoinguk7.jpg

[basic Information]

Name: Seo In Guk
Birthday: October 23rd, 1987
Height & Weight: 180 cm (approx. 5’9”), 68 kg (approx. 150 lbs)
Agency: Jelly Entertainment, Irving Entertainment (for his Japanese activities)
Education: Daebul University, majored in Applied Music
Specialty: Has smooth vocals, natural acting as well as good kissing skills (see: ‘Reply 1997′)
Aesthetic Strong Points: Sharp jawline & a powerful gaze

seoinguk13.jpg[Etc.]

Role Models: Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken, Ruben Studdard, Usher, Michael Jackson
(Known) Celebrity Friends: Huh Gak & John Park (fellow ‘Superstar K’ contestants), Baek Chung Kang (‘Birth of a Great Star’ winner), Park Kyung LimGirls’ Generation’s YoonA (‘Love Rain’ co-star), A Pink’s Eunji & INFINITE’s Hoya (‘Reply 1997’ co-stars), VIXX (junior labelmates)
Social Media: me2dayTwitter, Facebook page

[Work]seoinguk11.jpg

Theatre: Gwanghwa Gate Sonata
Dramas: ‘Love Rain’ (2012), ‘Reply 1997′ (2012), ‘Rascal Sons’ (ongoing)

Discography
‘Calling You’ (2009 album) – title song
“Run to Me” (2009 single)
‘Just Beginning’ (2010 album) – “Love U
‘Baby’ (2010 “special” album) – “Baby
Take” (2010 single)
Jelly Christmas” (2010 single)
Broken” (2011 single)
Shake it Up” (2011 single)
Love Again” (2011 single)
Jelly Christmas 2011” (2011 single)
Fate” (2012, Love Rain OST)
‘Perfect Fit’ (2012 mini-album) – “Tease Me
‘Love Story Part 1′ (2012, Reply 1997 OST) – “All For You” with A Pink’s Eunji
‘Love Story Part 2′ (2012, Reply 1997 OST) – “Our Love Like This” with Eunji

Covers
I Need a Girl” originally by Big Bang‘s Taeyang
Love Song” originally by Rain
Hip Song” originally by Rain

Endorsements
UNIONBAY with IU

seoinguk15.jpg

[Awards]

Cyworld Digital Music Awards: Male Newcomer of the Year (2009)
Korea Drama Awards: Best Couple Award with A Pink’s Eunji (2012)
Korea Drama Awards: Best New Actor (2012)
Style Icon Awards: Top 10 Style Icons with A Pink’s Eunji (2012)

seoinguk1.jpg[interesting Facts]

At first, neither SBS nor MBC allowed Seo In Guk to perform on their respective music shows because of Seo In Guk’s reputation as the ‘Superstar K’ contestant–aka the ‘Mnet Star’.

Was once involved in a scandal with ‘Love Rain’ co-star, Girls’ Generation’s YoonA after briefly greeting her at a baseball game.

Wants to become one of the top 10 best singers in Korea.

Is kinda-maybe-nowait-actually-REALLY adorable when doing the ‘Gangnam Style’ horse dance.

source: http://www.allkpop.com/2012/11/allkpop-radar-seo-in-guk

@payel  >:D< let's share seo in guk's photos and infos together here.. :)

@Ihyn thanks for the news!! nice to see you here >:D<

let me post some news here. those might be old news.. sorry if those already posted before >.<
(anyway.. since I'm new here, please let me know if I do some mistakes when posting pictures,video,news, etc. like forget to write the source etc >_<) class="entry-title"A Pink’s Eunji & Seo In Guk chosen as the best on-screen couple by elliefilet - Nov 9, 2012 at 8:53 am

14765116.jpg

Seo In Guk
and A Pink‘s Eunji have been chosen as the best “star couple.”

Y-Star‘s ‘Goonggoomta‘ (‘Curious’) held a survey asking regular people, professional couple managers, and more which on-screen couple they felt fit best together. Eunji and Seo In Guk grabbed 1st for their characters’ relationship on the tvN hit ‘Reply 1997‘.

According to one poll taker, “They seem like they’d get along very well like friends of the same age.” The two stars received 91 points from everyday users and a high compatibility score from couple managers.

Seo In Guk and Eunji beat out on-screen couples Kim Soo Hyun and Suzy as well as Won Bin and Kim Tae Hee. Apparently, though Kim Soo Hyun and Suzy got an “A++” as a “visual couple,” they received zero points in terms of compatibility.

This episode will air on the 11th at 3PM KST.

cr: http://www.allkpop.com/2012/11/a-pinks-eunji-seo-in-guk-chosen-as-the-best-on-screen-couple

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suzy and Seo In Guk will be at Culture and Arts of the Republic of Korea on 11/19 via: baesuzy941010

63614862.jpg

• Like 1

got some pictures from tumblr :D
In Guk on comedy big league 3 via thetimeofmy-life@tumblr

52893278.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------
class="entry-title"Seo In Guk featured in Jo Moon Kun’s new music video

63968826.jpg

Jo Moon Kun released his teaser video for “I Just Walked“, announcing his comeback after nearly 2 years.

The teaser video shows Jo Moon Kun playing his guitar with his eyes closed, absorbed in the melody. Also, he tried his hand at acting for the first time since debut, and the music video showed him with a map and bag in one hand and looking around for something.

Even though Seo In Guk does not appear in the teaser, Jo Moon Kun wrote on his me2day, “In Guk did a surprise feature in my music video! But what do I do about my expression? Thanks, In Guk.

Fans who heard the song from the teaser wrote, “This song makes me feel good when I listen to it“, “Both Jo Moon Kun and Seo In Guk are the best!“, and “He upgraded his style“.

Jo Moon Kun has always produced music that puts the listener at ease. His medium folk ballad song “I Just Walked” will showcase his emotions and charming voice.

Jungle Entertainment said, “Jo Mun Kun’s ‘I Just Walked’ will show off his already proven music skills. Jo Moon Kun’s song quality has become even more mature, so please look forward to it“.

Jo Moon Kun’s “I Just Walked” will be released on the 8th.

cr: http://www.allkpop.com/2012/11/seo-in-guk-featured-in-jo-moon-kuns-new-music-video

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoya Birthday Message @ Seo In Guk Fanmeeting

cr:meikwang91@yt

---------------------------------------------------------------------

class="entry-title"Seo In Guk’s JYP Entertainment audition video surfaces online

A video of singer and actor Seo In Guk‘s past audition for JYP  Entertainment has surfaced online.

The video was shared on an online community board with a post titiled, “Seo In Guk during JYP audition.” The video showed Seo In Guk in a t-shirt and a hat, showing off his vocals by performing Wheesung‘s “A Story That Can’t Be Sent“.

Seo In Guk had also revealed in the past that when he was auditioning for JYP, he resorted to a drastic diet method to quickly lose weight.

After viewing the audition clip, the netizens commented, “He was handsome since then“, “Why didn’t JYP pick him?“, and “They lost another talented person in addition to IU.

Check out Seo In Guk’s audition clip here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rTQKufs_LFI

cr:http://www.allkpop.com/2012/11/seo-in-guks-jyp-entertainment-audition-video-surfaces-online

-------------------------------------------------------
star1BTS video

• Like 1

nice article from seoulbeats :) :

class="title" Mr. Seo In-guk: Korea’s New It Boy Written by Fatouma On October 30, 2012 azazo.jpg

Seo In-guk. From being an adorably chubby contestant on Superstar K and its first winner, to becoming an idol and actor of the hit drama, Answer Me 1997, Seo In-guk’s star is steadily rising.

The more Seo In-guk diversifies himself as a idol, the more I’m realizing that K-pop might have another triple threat on their hands. Triple threats, I feel, in K-pop are extremely rare. Not to confused with a Jack of All Trades, which has a relative knowledge of a variety of things, a triple threat is some one who excels at three and sometimes more subject areas. Commonly associated with entertainment and being able to both act, sing and dance, for K-pop, the three main subject areas in order to be considered a triple threat would have to be acting, singing and variety. In an industry that is laden with mediocre talent in exchange for a pretty face, Seo In-guk slowly becoming a short-list of idols and entertainers that basically have it all, and then some.

It’s surprising that it took a television show for K-pop to be able to have a voice like Seo In-guk. Constantly rejected for being too fat and having to suffer from bulimia to be able to perform and be accepted into the industry, Seo In-guk was finally able to show his vocal talent after winning Superstar K. However, he was grossly underrated and constantly limited on how many music shows and venues he could perform being a part of Mnet Media and a product of their television show, and thankfully was able to gain some attention through acting on Answer Me 1997. This reminds me a lot of another singer-turned-actor and triple threat, Lee Seung-gi, one of the strongest voices in the K-pop industry, despite rarely releasing any albums. Just like Seo In-guk, Lee Seung-gi was very underrated, unless you were a Korean ahjumma, and is rarely associated with his singing as much as his acting and variety skills. Will this be Seo In-guk’s fate?

94982531.jpg

Although it’s to be decided that Seo In-guk has the obligatory “third” skill, variety, in order to be a K-pop triple threat, his interviews and cameos on variety shows show glimpses of an adorable and funny personality,and is more and more quick-tongued as his appearances increase. I think his ability to take such a role so easily during Answer Me 1997, will help improve and develop a knack for variety but I don’t doubt that the natural talent is there.  But does having and excelling at multiple talents truly matter in K-pop? It seems that many people that excel in a variety of trades in the Korean entertainment seem to be overlooked for those who excel in a specific trade. This might because it’s very difficult to   Although it’s interesting that he has made his next project, a simple weekend drama, that has an extensive 50-episode run as his follow-up, Seo In-guk is playing his cards right for the time being in opting to star in a low-key drama in order to hone his craft as opposed to jumping head first in a much bigger project.

However, the weekend drama is currently starring in, Rascal Sons, does not seem to be as crowd-pleasing or well-scripted as his past project, although Seo In-guk carries his role well, with what little he has to do. There are so few subs of the drama, so it’s definitely not popular amongst international fans, as Answer Me 1997 was, nor does much buzz seem to be coming out from the Korean front either, despite having veteran actors working on the show.

Will this follow-up cause Seo In-guk’s star to fade? It’s tough to say, seeing how the market for entertainment, be it film or music, is extremely fickle and one’s star can quickly rise and fall depending on if the star’s next project is as popular as the past one. But Seo In-guk doesn’t seem to be the one at fault with the weakness of the drama thus far, and he’s lucky that he plays a secondary role, so he’s more of an opportunity to hone his acting talent without getting the brunt of the lack of buzz and lower of ratings. So I don’t think Rascal Sons will affect his career that much, but his teritary role will be much more determinant for his acting career.

What if, let’s say, his acting career falls through? He has his singing to fall back on but will he only return back to irrelevance? It’s possible, unless he manages to get that one big hit. But he may have to change the style of music he’s currently performing in order to get that hit, and not perform a song that matches what he’s capable of. But I believe that he has the acting chops to forge a successful career, as long as he makes the right choices. Although it might not be giving increasing popularity, I think the point where Seo In-guk is right now is a perfect stepping stone to an even more successful career. However just because your career is successful, doesn’t mean that you make the greatest of dramas (see Lee Min-ho) or that the greatest of dramas made you popular (see Lee Min-ho again.)

81014887.jpg

Seo In-guk’s career has gotten the bump his career needed with Answer Me 1997 but it was a not a single star-making show. It was a full cast effort, and the drama’s has definitely boosted the careers of everyone involved. Seo In-guk definitely getting a lot of coverage and pubicility, but Answer Me 1997 didn’t make his own star shoot to extraordinary heights, and whatever coverage does come his way seems to revolve around Answer me 1997, and not for his own sake.

I think with that in mind, Seo In-guk should have used the star power gained to move on to another project so he can prove his own skills and still please audiences. Many fans seems to be disappointed with how different Seo In-guk’s character is from Yoon Yoon-jae, so this is telling of how much Seo In-guk’s current star is dependent upon Answer Me 1997. Hopefully, with the end of the year awards season fast-approaching, he regain more confidence in the public and take on more roles, to offset Rascal Sons.

Regardless of what happens, Seo In-guk will definitely be a favourite of mine, post-Answer Me 1997 and perhaps beyond, and hopefully for Korea as well.

(Images via Allure Korea, 1st Look)
source: http://seoulbeats.com/2012/10/mr-seo-in-guk-koreas-new-it-boy/
  • Like 1

this might be my last post for today. hope there will be more people coming here and give their comments or post everything about inguk :)

some gifs from union bay BTS ;;) (I don't find the bts yet)

gif2on.gifgif3c.gifgif1bb.gifgif4ux.gif

cr: jieunswifeu@tumblr

--------------------------------------

Seo In Guk @ H&M x Maison Margiela Collaboration Party

Cr: SSTVnews

------------------------------------------------------

found some fancam, but idk from which event they are:

fancam Seo In Guk performs ‘don’t wanna try’.

cr:kooktime1023@yt

Seo In Guk - Fate (like a fool)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qUyMLh_nmbc
cr: a truly@yt

-----------------------------------------
id="watch-headline-title"[VIXX] 20120910 MTV 다이어리 (Diary) EP. 41 w/ Seo In Guk

cr: Leonine Leo @yt

• Like 1

@hidden_gem4 omg... hes so cute :)) ... thanks for the video :D id="watch-headline-title"miss A Suzy & Seo In Guk Cut @ 2012 Korean Popular Culture Awards

cr:mario36017@yt

id="watch-headline-title"121117 seo in guk - shake it up

for more fancams can be watched on kooktime1023@yt :)

edit: just in case some people can't open youku's video, I found YT version :)

cr: parkpd@yt

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sung Si Kyung, Seo In Guk, Park Hyo Shin, and More Get Together for Christmas

Sharing the Christmas cheer, the talented singers at Jellyfish Entertainment released a special music video for the holiday season.

59764378.jpg

On December 6, Sung Si Kyung, Park Hyo Shin, Seo In Guk, Lee Seok Hoon, and VIXX released their special Christmas album, Jelly Christmas 2012 Heart Project, which the singers at Jellyfish Entertainment have releasing since 2010. 

The music video was created for the main track of the album, Because It’s Christmas, featuring all of the singers, dressed up in neat suits as they showcased their beautiful voices just in time for the season.

Check out the music video below

Seo In Guk win the Raising Star Award, Best Couple award (w/ Eunji) and Best OST award (w/ Eunji) @ K-Drama Star Award. congratulation!!!

sigjeng2.jpg

sigjeng10.jpg

sigjeng5.jpgsigjeng7.jpg

sigjeng6o.jpg

sigjej2.jpg

sigjeng12.jpg

so yesterday, inguk had an event and lee si yoon (@dm33482) tweeted picture of them together. he said that he came to support at yesterday's event. it's always nice to see reply1997 cast still meet each other like this <3
24166973.png
siglsy.jpg

siglm.jpg

some fancams from the event:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d31gSuX2-k

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NbJ8utGQ78

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4v_PgWkepI

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pL_fvcLZvM

• Like 1