Copycat Of Big Bang Surfaces In China, Band Is Called OK Bang

Peekabooitzme

Guest LazyAzian

LOL at people who think everything in K-pop is not copied but "inspired" and "original."

PUH-LEEZ, open your eyes and see the world, the other side of the world - NORTH AMERICA AND EUROPE :3.

Before Big Bang even existed there were already tons +100 rap/hip hop groups in America when Korea had zero.

This group might posibly be a copy as well ~

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of you people gotta chill. Geez. All this stuff like "oh they copied blah blah blah so it's their fault" with biased opinions from B2K fans or Big Bang fans. I just saw the video of OK Bang's performance. They just seem like a boy band. Their singing is terrible though!

dude, its only a freaking name. this group is just a contestant of a talent show in china. and the name is not even a "copy" of big bang. bang in chinese means great. so OK-棒 sounds more like a cute snack name similar to lollipop 棒棒糖 from taiwan.

please, korea has got to stop thinking everyone is copying them. big bang is farrrr from original (though i love them). ok bang is a bunch of wannabe-celeb pretty boys.

i edited.

Really now. These accusations from allkpop, seoulbeats or whatever are just ridiculous.

No one said s*** about After School claiming to be the "Korean Pussycat Dolls". When Korean artists copy, it's inspiration and it's totally okay - when anyone else is even suspected of copying Kpop, all hell breaks loose. Tell me, what sense does that make?

You Kpop fans need a reality check.

Guest kaypop.

jfc... just cuz they have "bang" in the name, ppl think they're trying to copy them? :rolleyes:

k-pop hasn't been original for the longest time (if ever), period.

i love big bang btw...

Guest faithful2u

Are these the same people who did the chinese version of last farewell?

No. the person who did the video was a solo artist (failed) and Okbang is a five member group who haven't release anything yet. wrongly accused

Guest Amethist

Big Bang's image in particular comes from B2K

So true, I remember that when Big Bang debuted I was also thinking "Hmm Korean B2K?" :lol: . Don't get me wrong though, I'm a huge fan of Big Bang and they've developed their own style more now.

But anyway, you know Ok Bang, the name looks like Big Bang, but yeah apart from that they don't look like Big Bang at all XD.. Let's just judge after their real debut..

Guest Daiquiri

If anything people should get upset over the person who reported this trashy story. Instead people are getting throwing a tizzy over an inaccurate article that doesn't have any merit. I just find that so hilarious. Look at where the article originated, Seoulbeats? Really? Yes, such a reliable site..

We've also established multiple times that Korea is not the original innovator for boy bands, girl bands, etc. As well as that everyone is influenced by someone/somebody in some form. I wonder how many times that bit of information has to be reiterated till people get it through their heads.

Guest Bubublie

rofl! Why am I not surprised that this news came from some biased writer from a Kpop site? People should just do some research instead of jumping on the "lets bash the Chinese group/singer." This bias against Chinese music industry is so sad and tiresome.

Ok-bang looks like a Japanese group and I thought their name translate to "Super" or "Very Strong" lol? Well my Mandarin isn't good but I thought OK in Mandarin is "hao" which can mean "very" if used with other words and "bang" = good/strong? Seems like a fitting name for a group. :3

I think the only good thing that has come out from these articles is that I have become introduced to more Chinese singers that I have not heard of from Chinese blogs like Cfensi ^.^

Really now. These accusations from allkpop, seoulbeats or whatever are just ridiculous.

No one said s*** about After School claiming to be the "Korean Pussycat Dolls". When Korean artists copy, it's inspiration and it's totally okay - when anyone else is even suspected of copying Kpop, all hell breaks loose. Tell me, what sense does that make?

You Kpop fans need a reality check.

Can we get married PLZ!!!!!!!

I give this post two snaps and a circle!

They're really different, with the exception of the 'bang' part of their name. And yes, 'bang' (pronounced bahng, not the same way as the 'bang' in 'big bang') in Chinese does mean 'great' or 'awesome'.

Guest SUKIloo

Their style is nothing like Big Bang. And just because their name is OK-Bang which involves the word Bang, people think it's copied. I mean come on, I don't hear anyone saying Bang Bang Tang is copied from Big Bang and they have the word Bang in it.

The style that was created over the years does NOT belong to one person or a group of people.

it evolved from many.. and should be shared with all.

These boys don't even look like Big Bang and Big Bang does not look like B2K.

The images are similar because they share the same concept, stop arguing who's copying who.

anyways, OK Bang's image looks more similar to the Japanese groups like Exile than Big Bang.

Guest xiao jia

don't feel like backtracking 7 pages of potentially foolish words/accusations, but let me just point out that in Chinese, O-K-BaHng actually has a meaning, and it's 'bandage'. So the 'Bang' in their name has its own function, and does not necessarily pose as a commonality with that of Big Bang.

the dude with the blond hair looks pretty good...

i honestly don't know anything else about them. and i do respect big bang immensely.

Archived