Copycat Of Big Bang Surfaces In China, Band Is Called OK Bang

Peekabooitzme

Guest SophiaSan

whoever posted this article up have misleading information.

the purpose of the group is not to recreate BIG BANG nor is it to copy them.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Haha. Niiiice. But just because Big Bang copied B2K doesn't mean that it's right for Ok Bang to "copy" Big Bang.

You might wanna re-read what you posted here because uh, yeah... :mellow: you sound so shallow.

I also agree with LucasBunny with this. When Big Bang debuted I instantly thought of B2K, especially during their La La La days. It was pretty obvious that YG was inspired by them.

Guest bbaumgul

i really have no opinion of this whole copying thing, cause truthfully, i don't care for it.

BUT i went to youtube their music just to see how they'll sound like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBI33QBhAE

That is not OK-Bang.... he's a solo artist... I wish people would do more research before making all these accusations take flight.

This is really starting to get on my john teshing nerves.

Guest yoonhye

Koreans... Allkpop.. so conceited.

Who said that the Cpop industry is entirely "looking towards" Kpop?

Idol groups only make up a tiny portion of the entire entertainment industry in China.

Just use your brain. With so many people in China, and the competition much fiercer, do you really think everything from Cpop would be only imitation?

OH PLEASE.

Granted, Chinese do some ridiculous mocks of Korean groups. Yes, not very original. But this shouldn't hinder us from giving them a chance, no?

I saw their debut video, and they DO have talent. They're dancing is quite phenomenal.

LAST. There are more talented and original groups in China than these.

Maybe people viewing this forum is already corrupted with KOREA-RULES-EVERYONE-ELSE-SUCKS views.

Most people here only see what they want to see: other countries imitating Kpop, how "Kpop is taking over the world", etc. all these irrelevant stuff.

Out of the thousands of band in China, only ONE OR TWO, here, has copied Big Bang, SNSD, or 2NE1. Do we really have to judge Cpop just because of the biased and partisan writing of Allkpop and this poster ?

Perfect example~ Thanks!

Thank you Allkpop and other obnoxious isane-Kpop-devotees for their ignorance.

Same name? So?

Guest bbaumgul

^Took the words right out of my mouth.

The idol-pop music scene in China is such a minuscule portion of the whole picture that I don't even know where to begin with rebutting the whole "China's music industry strikes again" notion on the front page.

The most upsetting part is that these accusers have been proven, time and time again, to have been mistaken based on their insufficient research and lack of probe in to the Chinese music industry.

I told myself never to mix politics with anything related to entertainment but the writer (or writers, or one of the writers, whichever) of allkpop has been permeating an anti-Chinese feeling through his articles that it's becoming painful for me to ignore.

This is not helping with the strain already existing between the Chinese and the Koreans.

This might not mean anything at all to the Korean fans but personally, if this continues, I'll just be ignoring allkpop, soompi, the K-pop industry, and Korean culture altogether. And if issues like such escalates to something bigger I hope the Kpop-adoring Chinese population will take a stand too.

Same name? So?

What's really funny, though, is that the name is not even remotely similar in the Chinese language.

In English, the character 棒 is spelled bang but it is pronounced completely differently and also has a completely different meaning from the English word bang.

Guest reverie_

Who said that the Cpop industry is entirely "looking towards" Kpop?

Idol groups only make up a tiny portion of the entire entertainment industry in China.

Just use your brain. With so many people in China, and the competition much fiercer, do you really think everything from Cpop would be only imitation?

OH PLEASE.

Granted, Chinese do some ridiculous mocks of Korean groups. Yes, not very original. But this shouldn't hinder us from giving them a chance, no?

I saw their debut video, and they DO have talent. They're dancing is quite phenomenal.

LAST. There are more talented and original groups in China than these.

Maybe people viewing this forum is already corrupted with KOREA-RULES-EVERYONE-ELSE-SUCKS views.

Most people here only see what they want to see: other countries imitating Kpop, how "Kpop is taking over the world", etc. all these irrelevant stuff.

Out of the thousands of band in China, only ONE OR TWO, here, has copied Big Bang, SNSD, or 2NE1. Do we really have to judge Cpop just because of the biased and partisan writing of Allkpop and this poster ?

Perfect example~ Thanks!

Thank you Allkpop and other obnoxious isane-Kpop-devotees for their ignorance.

Same name? So?

It's nice to see that you're implying Koreans are conceited because you've failed to see the

issue from both point of views. This is a KPOP-biased forum, you can't really expect a inferior

attitude towards korean pop.

Go somewhere else and pick up some of the other positive things people are saying about

CPOP on a CPOP forum and maybe you'll see that Koreans aren't so conceited after all =]

Guest yoonhye

It's nice to see that you're implying Koreans are conceited because you've failed to see the

issue from both point of views. This is a KPOP-biased forum, you can't really expect a inferior

attitude towards korean pop.

Go somewhere else and pick up some of the other positive things people are saying about

CPOP on a CPOP forum and maybe you'll see that Koreans aren't so conceited after all =]

Hm. I came to the OTHER CELEB topic to read about OTHER CELEBRITY NEWS.

Not to see more Kpop-ers corrupt this forum bashing other people's work in order to promote Kpop more.

I'm not against Kpop (the reason why i go to this forum). I just think that many crazed fans exaggerate things and kill anything that's against their beloved stars.

Guest reverie_

Hm. I came to the OTHER CELEB topic to read about OTHER CELEBRITY NEWS.

Not to see more Kpop-ers corrupt this forum bashing other people's work in order to promote Kpop more.

I'm not against Kpop (the reason why i go to this forum). I just think that many crazed fans exaggerate things and kill anything that's against their beloved stars.

...so you expected to see non-kpop-ers come in here to 'other celebs' in a kpop

forum opposed to all the other forums dedicated to other pop music?

i'm mostly a kpop fan but i come in here just the same - i expect others to do so too,

it's pretty inevitable to not see kpop-ers criticize, unfortunately and truthfully, in a biased way.

Guest bbaumgul

...so you expected to see non-kpop-ers come in here to 'other celebs' in a kpop

forum opposed to all the other forums dedicated to other pop music?

i'm mostly a kpop fan but i come in here just the same - i expect others to do so too,

it's pretty inevitable to not see kpop-ers criticize, unfortunately and truthfully, in a biased way.

This mentality has got to go.

Just because it is a kpop biased forum, does not mean those who are not of Korean decent, who come on to the forum for some good clean fun, should have to subject to blatant discrimination for artists from other cultures.

Guest SweetSerein

wowww..they look pretty darn smexxxy. i love big bang, dont get me wrong but whateverrr..they're just any other boy band..all korean group are very similar to eachother..especially their styles and whatnot. i dont really care..they look pretty cute..they look more japanese inspired. =)

Guest reverie_

This mentality has got to go.

Just because it is a kpop biased forum, does not mean those who are not of Korean decent, who come on to the forum for some good clean fun, should have to subject to blatant discrimination for artists from other cultures.

You only read half of what's written.

I said... the truth is, people who come in here will unfortunately, have to face

this kind of discrimination because you're basically fighting against those who,

MAY be to the point of obsession of KPOP. A lot of these articles come

from biased sites such as Allkpop, and I trust that you're intelligent enough

to see that source of bias and understand why people are behaving in such and such manner.

And plus,

like I said before, I'm pretty sure the opinions about Ok Bang will be different

on CPOP forums than KPOP forums, so don't believe you've got the worst of it.

Guest leelee.

I think Yi Jun Long and Jian Bo Zhao are cute! I want to listen to some of their music now.

Don't really see the resemblance between Big Bang and Ok Bang, except for the "bang" in their names.

I think these guys look more Japanese-ish to me than anything else . . .

Guest Daiquiri

I think it's a silly notion to assume that all Koreans are anything like the writers on allkpop, seoulbeats, or even the prepubescent netizens. I mean allkpop is just like any other gossip-mongering tabloid sites that are out there in the intraweb world. Except that they target Korean entertainment news and warp the information that is presented. Perez Hilton, TMZ, anyone?

So, yes, congrats on generalizing all Koreans based on a poorly misinformed article that wasn't even properly researched. It's pretty laughable to get so upset over an article like this and then put that generalization on every single Korean.

As for the half-baked article itself, it's very misleading. Especially, since Big Bang is 'not' original in any way, nor do I really see any similarities between the two groups. AT ALL. Just another pointless article that is getting everyone upset for all the wrong reasons. Now if there was even an ounce of truth to that article with hard-solid evidence to back it up, then it would be something else alltogether. But really, who cares about this silly pointless article? In a week, another inane article about so-called copy cats are going to crop up with no truth to it whatsoever. Yes, it's biased petty news but every tabloid/so-called entertainment site has trashy articles like these all the time. Waste of time, waste of time.

Exactly.

Guest bbaumgul

You only read half of what's written.

I said... the truth is, people who come in here will unfortunately, have to face

this kind of discrimination because you're basically fighting against those who,

MAY be to the point of obsession of KPOP. A lot of these articles come

from biased sites such as Allkpop, and I trust that you're intelligent enough

to see that source of bias and understand why people are behaving in such and such manner.

And plus,

like I said before, I'm pretty sure the opinions about Ok Bang will be different

on CPOP forums than KPOP forums, so don't believe you've got the worst of it.

LOL.

You don't get what I was trying to say, do you.

I understand there will be discrimination on here. I understand why people are behaving this way.

But it does not in ANY WAY make it OKAY to discriminate, and those who are of the culture of the artists that they're discriminating should also not have to take this crap without any attempts at rebutting, which is what I'm doing right now.

How do you expect me to be like "Oh they're talking crap about this group from my country with false accusations, but I should just let it go since it's a forum for Korean lovers".

But really, who cares about this silly pointless article? In a week, another inane article about so-called copy cats are going to crop up with no truth to it whatsoever.

That is exactly it!

There is no stop to this. It's like those websites have got droids working for them solely for the purpose of digging up Chinese groups with some remote similarity to a Korean group and BAM they're branded the glorious title of being copycats.

What you also have to understand is that when you say 'who cares about this silly pointless article', you're really speaking for yourself because if you look at the comment section on those websites, you are bound to see bashing for those artists or even the country as a whole altogether. Some, unfortunately go so far as to claim that they're ashamed to be Chinese. Apparently they care!

This is precisely the reason why we're pissed off! Because this does not look like it's going to stop!

Guest reverie_

LOL.

I understand there will be discrimination on here. I understand why people are behaving this way.

But it does not in ANY WAY make it OKAY to discriminate, and those who are of the culture of the artists that they're discriminating should also not have to take this crap without any attempts at rebutting, which is what I'm doing right now.

How do you expect me to be like "Oh they're talking crap about this group from my country with false accusations, but I should just let it go since it's a forum for Korean lovers".

:huh::huh:

It definitely is not okay to discriminate, but your attempt to cease this

immature (yes, once again, in truth) act of discrimination will not change what

the world has been struggling to do since the dawn of mankind.

And IF, you get the opportunity, please read the previous pages and note

that barely any 'discrimination' occurred.

The real problem would be down at Allkpop, where I hope your attempt at

stopping "crap" works. Good luck =]

Guest Daiquiri

LOL.

How do you expect me to be like "Oh they're talking crap this group from my country with false accusations, but I should just let it go since it's a forum for Korean lovers".

Of course it's not okay to discriminate one's country and their culture. Nor is it right to belittle someone who has a different opinion from the majority. I do think the whole 'kpop is almighty' complex is not only ridiculous but just very tiresome. Most of the members who put up these types of articles are either blinded fans of the said group or really have no idea what the article is about. You shouldn't take offense in that retrospect. It's just that it's pretty pointless to get riled up about an article that merits no truth and was written by someone who didn't even do a proper research. This doesn't mean that everyone thinks cpop only produces copycats or that kpop only produces original bands. That is far from the truth and anyone with even half a brain would know what part of the article to discern and whatever else is just pure garbage. For example, this entire article is crap as well as the whole SNSD vs. Idol Girls debacle.

Guest bonsaitea

my only gripe is with how stupid their band name sounds. Ok Bang? ugh, in fact, it sounds exactly like what chinese people would use for a name.

Even if they are copied, it is most likely by a small company. China is more of a solo artist area at the moment. If you watch the spring festival show, you hardly see any group [though SHE has been there i recall. then again, idol groups are geared towards the younger group, that's probably why you don't see a lot of them] perform, let alone idol groups. in fact, i don't think there are really and idol groups... since.. they aren't idolized.

I'm actually surprised at how much this group is being defended! I totally expected all you korean/hardcore kpop fans to be bashing them!

Guest annieme25

Creator of this thread..so biased with the title. way to start up a controversey :mellow: Some people just read the first post without actually looking through the whole thread thus missing info added on later. Obviously you didnt do your research. thanks

Archived