Copycat Of Big Bang Surfaces In China, Band Is Called OK Bang

Peekabooitzme

I think that this should be posted here since OK Bang are not Korean celebrities.

34zyl4w.jpg

First it was So Nyeo Shi Dae, then 2NE1. China’s music industry strikes again, their newest target at cloning: Big Bang. Meet OK Bang. With China’s burgeoning Cpop music industry looking toward South Korea’s successful formula and market for examples of developing idol superstardom, this was not unexpected. Their male idol band of choice was Big Bang, the recently debuted OK Bang has 5 members and their fashion, hairstyles, singing style, and even their music video is very similiar to those of Big Bang. The Chinese Entertainment company backing OK Bang is said to have spent a lot of money training the members of the group in physical fitness, personal appearance, vocals, dancing, and even how to act while on variety shows or during interviews. They even hired a Korean trainer to help mold the band.

24wa849.jpg

The interest regarding OK Bang has been great in China with mixed results from fans. Some are digging OK Bang’s style while many others, especially those familiar with Kpop, have been derogatory criticising them of copying Big Bang.

1zvv88z.jpg

The leader, Mei Xiao Xin aka Freddy (The G-Dragon)

9uwtwn.jpg

The Killer Stare - Guan Feng Ren (The TOP)

2hdqfra.jpg

The dance captain and clown of the group - Yi Jun Long (The Daesung/Taeyang)

2v8qr7p.jpg

The versatile creative genius - Jian Bo Zhao (The Taeyang/Daesung)

2ij3zv7.jpg

The other guy - Zero (The Seungri)

mmplsi.jpg

Credits: Seoul Beats

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stop it! Just stop it!

First of all before anyone starts talking crap let me remind you all something about

bigbagnghats-781108.jpg

Big Bang came from.......

6lcb02p.jpg

b2k.jpg

DO NOT EVEN GET ME STARTED!!!!!

and to the person who called Big Bang "original" you need to shut up! because YG's intentions were to make them the asian B2K and B5!

These boys look nothing like Big Bang and whatever fashion they are mentioning please believe Big Bang did not invent it, so to all of the blind fangirls get a damn clue!

Guest reverie_

Stop it! Just stop it!

and to the person who called Big Bang "original" you need to shut up! because YG's intentions were to make them the asian B2K and B5!

These boys look nothing like Big Bang and whatever fashion they are mentioning please believe Big Bang did not invent it, so to all of the blind fangirls get a damn clue!

I don't understand how big bang "came from" any group?

yea, of course there would be inspiration from many hip-hop artists, but

unless YG has said it himself, I don't think Big Bang was derived from any certain groups.

That aside, I don't think there is anything wrong with this band...

UNLESS the intention was to "clone" Big Bang and produce them with the

sole purpose of "cloning", in the sense of what happened to SNSD.

But if not, fine, great but the name - kind of iffy.

^ Haha. Niiiice. But just because Big Bang copied B2K doesn't mean that it's right for Ok Bang to "copy" Big Bang.

But tell me what are they copying from Big Bang????

their wardrobe, hairstyles, singing style is nothing original! THERE IS NOTHING TO COPY BECAUSE BIG BANG IS A DIRECT EFFECT OF B2K!!!!

And don't try to act like they are not, I am extremly familiar with B5 and B2K and Big Big is just a korean version of these two groups.

I don't understand how big bang "came from" any group?

yea, of course there would be inspiration from many hip-hop artists, but

unless YG has said it himself, I don't think Big Bang was derived from any certain groups.

That aside, I don't think there is anything wrong with this band...

UNLESS the intention was to "clone" Big Bang and produce them with the

sole purpose of "cloning", in the sense of what happened to SNSD.

But if not, fine, great but the name - kind of iffy.

are you kidding me???

this has to be a joke

I will not allow people to believe Big Bang started a trend in asia when their style is a rip off

YG copied B2K and anyone who knows B2K knows this is the truth.

They even stole pieces of the "Uh Huh" choreography and put it in "Lalala"

Hypocrites to the left plz!

Guest 0oyokisuo0

dude, its only a freaking name. this group is just a contestant of a talent show in china. and the name is not even a "copy" of big bang. bang in chinese means great. so OK-棒 sounds more like a cute snack name similar to lollipop 棒棒糖 from taiwan.

please, korea has got to stop thinking everyone is copying them. big bang is farrrr from original (though i love them). ok bang is a bunch of wannabe-celeb pretty boys.

i edited.

They look more Japanese inspired to me X_X

I don't know about their music but I am not going to bash them because

it's hard to become a entertainer and having a bunch of people attack you

just because of your name or style is ridiculous.

They want their music to be heard not a bunch of "You copied BLAH BLAH BLAH".

dude, its only a freaking name. this group is just a contestant of a talent show in china.

please, korea has got to stop thinking everyone is copying them.

You aint neva lie, the K-pop industry is not grounbreaking or innovating.

So what if they both say "Bang"???

I guess everyone needs to jump on SG Wannabe for using Simon and Garfunkle in their name right?

YG does not copyright the word "Bang" so stop it, do you know how many groups have the word "Girls"?????

Don't even try to play this game Big Bang fangirls because you will all lose!

Guest 0oyokisuo0

You aint neva lie, the K-pop industry is not grounbreaking or innovating.

So what if they both say "Bang"???

I guess everyone needs to jump on SG Wannabe for using Simon and Garfunkle in their name right?

YG does not copyright the word "Bang" so stop it, do you know how many groups have the word "Girls"?????

Don't even try to play this game Big Bang fangirls because you will all lose!

i edited my post for the meaning for bang :]

Guest reverie_

But tell me what are they copying from Big Bang????

their wardrobe, hairstyles, singing style is nothing original! THERE IS NOTHING TO COPY BECAUSE BIG BANG IS A DIRECT EFFECT OF B2K!!!!

And don't try to act like they are not, I am extremly familiar with B5 and B2K and Big Big is just a korean version of these two groups.

are you kidding me???

this has to be a joke

I will not allow people to believe Big Bang started a trend in asia when their style is a rip off

I didn't say Big Bang started a trend in Asia :huh: . But, it sure wasn't B2K that brought the trend to Korea.

Hip hop has been in Korea for a while, but it has always been the underdog to pop.

Groups like 1tym helped promote it and it's popularity hit a climax when Big Bang debuted.

So, I'm not saying they started a trend but I'm sure they deserve more credit then to be called b2k copycats.

i edited my post for the meaning for bang :]

I know dear thank you

I didn't say Big Bang started a trend in Asia :huh: . But, it sure wasn't B2K that brought the trend to Korea.

Hip hop has been in Korea for a while, but it has always been the underdog to pop.

Groups like 1tym helped promote it and it's popularity hit a climax when Big Bang debuted.

So, I'm not saying they started a trend but I'm sure they deserve more credit then to be called b2k copycats.

Big Bang's image in particular comes from B2K

and Big Bang's style isnt even Hip Hop it's pretty boy Hip Pop which is exactly what B2K was in the new millenium

and while I do enjoy Big Bang's music and I had the opportunity to see them live, YG's intention was to create a korean counterpart to B2K and B5. They are B2K copycats, it's not TOP, GD, Taeyang,Suengri and Daesung's fault it's YG's fault.

YG has so many people fooled, I love the company so much but Mr. YG has issues.

and YG makes me laugh with that whole thing, like when Daesung had his shirt on half way

I was like "WTF" because it's not even a fashion statement, it's something boys do because they are hot and sweaty.

Like someone said they are just contestants on show , I wish people would do research before trying to clown.

People just need a life. Wow there is 5 guys, who dress some what hip-hop like and automatically assumed as a copy? So what if their name is OK-Bang.

Their style of music and clothing isn't just used by Big Bang. Don't get me wrong, I am a very big supporter of Big Bang. But people can't start staying other bands (eg. chinese bands) are copying koreans. They hired a korean trainer to help mold, big woop, many other people have done it before.

Until I hear them sing a big bang song without copyright, or something a like, people need to learn to shut up and have open minds about music, esp from china.

People criticized 2PM when they said they were gonna have a large group, saying they were copying SUJU. They turned out to be completely different.

Guest reverie_

I know dear thank you

Big Bang's image in particular comes from B2K

and Big Bang's style isnt even Hip Hop it's pretty boy Hip Pop which is exactly what B2K was in the new millenium

and while I do enjoy Big Bang's music and I had the opportunity to see them live, YG's intention was to create a korean counterpart to B2K and B5.

and YG makes me laugh with that whole thing, like when Daesung had his shirt on half way

I was like "WTF" because it's not even a fashion statement, it's something boys do because they are hot and sweaty.

Like someone said they are just contestants on show , I wish people would do research before trying to clown.

I didn't understand what the whole shirt part was about but...

if you say their style is "pretty boy hip pop" then, it's pretty much pop.

In the pop realm, there's not much room to experiment; everything and anything

will end up looking quite similar. Unless... they go out on a limb, and dress up as clowns. That's original.

Everything else will look like a "hip-hop" version of Nsync or the dolled-up version of the Spice girls.

So, you can't say B2k had a direct effect; it's way too hard to tell.

I didn't understand what the whole shirt part was about but...

if you say their style is "pretty boy hip pop" then, it's pretty much pop.

In the pop realm, there's not much room to experiment; everything and anything

will end up looking quite similar. Unless... they go out on a limb, and dress up as clowns. That's original.

Everything else will look like a "hip-hop" version of Nsync or the dolled-up version of the Spice girls.

So, you can't say B2k had a direct effect; it's way too hard to tell.

B2K was actually a sister group to Immature, but anyways it goes beyond the style comparisons

it's also in their voices and in their songs.

The point I'm making is that people are knocking these chinese guys for stealing something from Big Bang..that they didnt own to begin with :mellow: :mellow: did you even read what the article was saying????

Archived