Copycat Of Big Bang Surfaces In China, Band Is Called OK Bang

Peekabooitzme

You are trying to impose your own subjective personal opinions onto me.

Pot calling the kettle black.

This isn't a one-way street, sweetheart.

So you're just judging artists by their looks?

^Lol. Your typical boyband fan girl.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WeiJian

You have your preference and I have mine.

To me, Asian artists like Rain or Hide are 100 times better looking that ugly and hairy Robbie Williams, for instance. While to others they might prefer hairy square-faced men like Robbie.

*Sigh* :mellow: Girls, just agree to disagree and let it be already. :)

Guest angelixers

To me, Asian artists like Rain or Hide are 100 times better looking that ugly and hairy Robbie Williams, for instance. While to others they might prefer hairy square-faced men like Robbie.

-spits out ramen-

Difference is, Robbie doesn't just cater to horny, giddy teenage girls anymore. So why that comparison? Doesn't mean one is better than the other. But it's ok, you'll understand when you're a little older.

Does anyone have more links to this OK Bang boyband?

Guest PB&Banana

Let's face it most members in Asian boy bands aren't talented, their mostly in there for looks but there are exceptions. If they can't sing they rap, if they can't rap they dance, if they can't do anything of those three then girls idolize them for their looks.

If one thinks about it most of these idols are average at best when it comes to music and dance, it's just the marketing and propaganda that heightens their appeal.

Just because western boy bands are not "pretty" or asian boy bands are not "macho" does not change the fact that it's hard to be different with boybands. In my opinion you see them once you see them all but that's just me. It doesn't stop me from listening to them any less it's just the way things work.

Guest toanyone21

dude, its only a freaking name. this group is just a contestant of a talent show in china. and the name is not even a "copy" of big bang. bang in chinese means great. so OK-棒 sounds more like a cute snack name similar to lollipop 棒棒糖 from taiwan.

please, korea has got to stop thinking everyone is copying them. big bang is farrrr from original (though i love them). ok bang is a bunch of wannabe-celeb pretty boys.

i edited.

thank you. i agree with your post.

who cares seriously, doesnt even look like they are copying big bang.

Nobody cares about boybands in the western world because western boyband sucks. Backstreet boys, n'sync members are all so ugly. And I'm not limiting myself to boybands, but I'm also comparing other male artists like Bi Rain and etc

wow.....you may think they are ugly but they made millions of dollars off their albums and became one of the hottest boybands in the U.S.

Guest rentrule

i do not know how this turn to an arguemnet over western boyband but it is pretty stupid. bsb nsync take 6 (though they still sell well) westlife are old meaning over 10 years old they wre a fade back in the 90s while asia is still in the whole boyband fade america is not plus they sold millions more album combine then all of asia boyband put toether

ok bang is just another group leave them alone and they did not copy big bang just because they dance to a song does not mean they are trying to be like him big bang dance to chris brown maybe they are trying to be like him

:mellow: They're artists, not models.

What does it matter if they're ugly? I still listen to Westlife and Backstreet Boys.

It just shows how shallow people have become. >_>

Guest HEYangieeGIRL

90% of you guys in here are stupid. your arguments and disprovals.

(yes ban me for saying soompi people are stupid. so while I'm at it.. shut up if someone don't agree with you)

Guest WeiJian

Let's face it most members in Asian boy bands aren't talented, their mostly in there for looks but there are exceptions. If they can't sing they rap, if they can't rap they dance, if they can't do anything of those three then girls idolize them for their looks.

If one thinks about it most of these idols are average at best when it comes to music and dance, it's just the marketing and propaganda that heightens their appeal.

Just because western boy bands are not "pretty" or asian boy bands are not "macho" does not change the fact that it's hard to be different with boybands. In my opinion you see them once you see them all but that's just me. It doesn't stop me from listening to them any less it's just the way things work.

I think with boy/girl bands, its not about the "band" members or their "talents" but how well they are manufactured by the many "behind-the-scene" personals and the "talent" of the composers. Too bad usually only the band members get the credits. And I guess with boy/girl bands, "looks" does come into the "package" for it to sell. That is the intended selling point for these type of bands anyway as a marketing strategy. Many people can "sing" to a certain extend to qualify for a boy/girl band. But without shallow physical qualities, you'd probably wouldn't get "selected". And with preferences in looks, its all subjective. In the western world, big rugged macho men tend to be preferred over cute pretty-"boys/men" (probably due to media influences, like testosterone pumped movies like Rambo, etc. whereas the "caring" male types projected in East Asian romantic dramas makes the "pretty-boy" type more desirable).

ok, so some people say that group A is better than group B.

Some people might say that neither is that great.

Some people say that they both are the best!

Some just say i dont care.

everyone, we're all human.

we all have feelings. we all have opinions. And in a way, every one of those opinions are correct.

so lets not fight like babies.

Be a grown up and gracefully and elegantly state your opinion and then learn from what others have to say too.

so in MY opinion, i think its sad to judge musicians and performers by their looks. yes, some may be ugly, and some may be uber gorgeous god/desses, but what really counts is their MUSIC, and PERFORMANCE.

and HEYangieeGIRL, don't make yourself sound so superior to the 90% you called stupid.

by posting that ridiculously childish post, you just made yourself equal to them. if you dont have something nice to say, dont say it. and puh-lease. your post isn't even worth a ban.

Guest HEYangieeGIRL

oh hey.. like I care?

I don't think I'm superior or try to be.

Everyone doesn't have anything nice to say, but why can't I say it when they can?

Don't even direct that advice toward me.

My post isn't worth it? Whatever. You can never write something bad about soompi people. but you can write bad about other people.

This is not the only thread.

btw, are you part of that 90%? If you write a neutral post then you're not.

But if you go around and saying.. "haha they suck" or bother to bash the people saying they don't know music and yeah, crying their hearts out about how big bang is such copy cats, then lead it to a childish argument over who's better then yeah you're part of that 90%.

Hey at least I didn't say 100%. So don't judge me.

90% of you guys in here are stupid. your arguments and disprovals.

(yes ban me for saying soompi people are stupid. so while I'm at it.. shut up if someone don't agree with you)

A Big Bang fan girl calling someone else stupid?

LOL, you're definitely included in that 90%, sweetheart.

Guest polaris

lmfao.

that's all I can say.

puahhahaa same here.

OK BANG...... what's next? YES BANG, SMALL BANG, BANG BANG?

puahahhahahahaa omg. I have nothing more to say.

Guest Tonyc402

oh hey.. like I care?

I don't think I'm superior or try to be.

Everyone doesn't have anything nice to say, but why can't I say it when they can?

Don't even direct that advice toward me.

My post isn't worth it? Whatever. You can never write something bad about soompi people. but you can write bad about other people.

This is not the only thread.

btw, are you part of that 90%? If you write a neutral post then you're not.

But if you go around and saying.. "haha they suck" or bother to bash the people saying they don't know music and yeah, crying their hearts out about how big bang is such copy cats, then lead it to a childish argument over who's better then yeah you're part of that 90%.

Hey at least I didn't say 100%. So don't judge me.

So wait , you say Soompi people are stupid yet you're part of the Soompi community since you post here. So who is stupid here?

And besides people are only bringing in that Big Bang are somewhat copycats because of the logic in how stupid the article of this thread is bashing on other Asian country's boybands compared to Korean boybands.

Guest WeiJian

I believe she didn't say Soompi people are stupid, but that "90%" in her opinion are.

I'm not stupid so she's probably not referring to me. What's the fuss.

Lets get back to the topic and stop being oversensitive everyone. ;) Peace!

And I agree with Tony. The idea that Ok Bang is ripping off Big Bang is just silly and over-reacting.

Guest 0oyokisuo0

So wait , you say Soompi people are stupid yet you're part of the Soompi community since you post here. So who is stupid here?

And besides people are only bringing in that Big Bang are somewhat copycats because of the logic in how stupid the article of this thread is bashing on other Asian country's boybands compared to Korean boybands.

the funny part is nobody gave a crap of what she said.

haha you sound soo shallow it's sad.

But meh you are probably like 13 or sth so hopefully it's a phase.

Guest HEYangieeGIRL

the funny part is nobody gave a crap of what she said.

Um.. really? thanks for responding about my post than =)

Like i said .. 90%.. at least somebody knows math.. (weijian)

Um kissez? So me being a big bang fan is stupid? Can I say, you not being a big bang fan is more idiotic?

It's the same perspective right?

BTW I added that 90% to people in this thread... (Duh they're also soompi people) But did I wrote "The entire soompi community" ??

Guest colloquy

I don't think the American bands does it as awesome or look as good though. I've yet to see a western boy band with members as pretty as those East Asian male idols or have achieved the same level of hotness. :lol:

Other than American bands, I think Korean pop-culture are also heavily influenced by modern Japanese pop culture, which is "influenced" by the US too, but is still uniquely and distinguishably Japanese.

When western boybands were popular, guess what, they were also insanely popular in East Asia. Asian girls were drooling over the Backstreet Boys and NSYNC. BSB still sells albums in Japan. Bi can't even compare to either groups success.

Archived