Copycat Of Big Bang Surfaces In China, Band Is Called OK Bang

Peekabooitzme

Guest Angel1430267648

Not going to bash, because I'm not a huge fan of big bang. But all I gotta say is, should've been more original with their name, could've avoided conflict since some people can take it the wrong way.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest faithful2u

Okay, I think this discussion is going towards wrong direction again..Let me repeat again, The person in the Music Video that resembles Big Bang's Last farewell is Lin Zheng Hao. If you profile Lin Zheng Hao then you will see the term "Sanzai" (meaning a copied version) stamp all over him and his music. Btw he's not popular and it's this is the first time i ever heard of this dude. OkBang is another band from Yunnan Province (?) (about time Yunnan get some stars lol) , coach by people who coached big bang. The band haven't release any thing yet, all we see are videos of them practicing dance moves. For those who Says Kpop doesn't have originality are kinda off, they do have originality but now it's been shallowed by Americanized songs, repetitive lyrical lines, ballad, and massive idol groups. People normally who listens to Cpop can easily distinguish Cpop from others, Take Jay Chou's Music for example, full of Zhonguo Feng (Tradition Chinese Style). :P PEACE

Not going to bash, because I'm not a huge fan of big bang. But all I gotta say is, should've been more original with their name, could've avoided conflict since some people can take it the wrong way.

^ Agree...I think Takipoon or Ta-Beat is more better than Ok-bang lol

Guest AS1AND0LL

Even if people complain about them, they are still technically making money as we speak. More power to them, let people do what they want - they're not killing anyone, if you don't like it then don't listen to them.

Love and respect.

Nobody should be criticizing Cpop groups for "cloning", because Big Bang's appearance and music is not original either. Whoever wrote that article is obviously against the Chinese music industry.

Having said that, I still think "OK Bang" is a horrible name.... wow who came up with that....?

Okay, I think this discussion is going towards wrong direction again..Let me repeat again, The person in the Music Video that resembles Big Bang's Last farewell is Lin Zheng Hao. If you profile Lin Zheng Hao then you will see the term "Sanzai" (meaning a copied version) stamp all over him and his music. Btw he's not popular and it's this is the first time i ever heard of this dude. OkBang is another band from Yunnan Province (?) (about time Yunnan get some stars lol) , coach by people who coached big bang. The band haven't release any thing yet, all we see are videos of them practicing dance moves. For those who Says Kpop doesn't have originality are kinda off, they do have originality but now it's been shallowed by Americanized songs, repetitive lyrical lines, ballad, and massive idol groups. People normally who listens to Cpop can easily distinguish Cpop from others, Take Jay Chou's Music for example, full of Zhonguo Feng (Tradition Chinese Style). :P PEACE

EXACTLY. :P

Guest 0oyokisuo0

the funniest thing is that the name OK BANG isn't even supposed to be a copy of BIG BANG..

OK BANG MEANS BANDAID IN CHINESE

please, people. get your facts straight.

such a pity.. lost in translation :(

actually, thats only in taiwan. in china, they dont call band-aid okbang :]

Guest linting

actually, thats only in taiwan. in china, they dont call band-aid okbang :]

actually. i recently just heard mainland-ers start using it on my trip to china this summer. :)

and DAYUMM. is this guy getting publicity.

--

oh. i just recently saw some Allkpop & LZH's youtube comments saying that China is full of "copycats and communists."

puh-lease. this guy is a no namer in the chinese entertainment industry. please dont let this noob corrupt your thoughts on cpop. :)

there are sooo many talented kids out there in china. it's just that they're not as commercialized as those from korea.

so just stop the bashing, hate, and open your eyes.

Guest HEYangieeGIRL

i guess you can say... Inspired... ??

Big Bang should be flatter by this.

I don't even think Big Bang cares so why should we? lol.

Guest Twilight-Luv

everyone is just overeacting to what they think is "copying"

you should just get your facts right before you start lashing out .

Guest 한스 ㅋㅋ

the name fails, that's all I could say.

Plus, they look nothing like Big Bang at all.

Maybe closer to Ft Island in terms of hairstyles and looks.

lol I think this totally backfired. More bashing on YG and Big Bang than Ok Bang.

The title really is misleading though. I think it would be a bigger of a deal if YG themselves accused Ok Bang to be a "copy" of Big Bang.

So why is this even an article?

Guest Tonyc402

Im actually glad a lot of people here who posted have actually thought over this article realistically . This article is just another way of making China look bad with misleading titles and pictures. Even the SNSD crap was a misleading article. Some KPOP fangirls really need to get off their high horse and read before they post BS.

Guest ovaltinejenkins

You aint neva lie, the K-pop industry is not grounbreaking or innovating.

So what if they both say "Bang"???

I guess everyone needs to jump on SG Wannabe for using Simon and Garfunkle in their name right?

YG does not copyright the word "Bang" so stop it, do you know how many groups have the word "Girls"?????

Don't even try to play this game Big Bang fangirls because you will all lose!

i had no idea the SG in SG Wannabe was for Simon and Garfunkel!

but i totally agree with you with the B2K thing.

and why would you want to be in a group called "BANDAID?"... nasty.

Guest yoonhye

Im actually glad a lot of people here who posted have actually thought over this article realistically . This article is just another way of making China look bad with misleading titles and pictures. Even the SNSD crap was a misleading article. Some KPOP fangirls really need to get off their high horse and read before they post BS.

love this :)

thanks for summarizing this whole argument ( > < ) and just for being blunt and concise in general.

i guess you can say... Inspired... ??

Big Bang should be flatter by this.

I don't even think Big Bang cares so why should we? lol.

Oh my goodness.I don't even know where to begin........

Owwww get it Tony!!

Guest sweetgirl_121

this kind of mentality and articles that turn me off from Kpop big time. so they share part of their name now they are copycat, hip-hop-shi style they are clone from big bang.

Guest smithers

http://v.ku6.com/show/ZKhYEBs0OTSBluI8.html

oh my god! they are dancing to big bang!!!!!!

ughm yea, their trainers were korean, supposedly the ones who worked with big bang.

http://www.gm5566.com/index.php/video/index/8476

here's their debut song (?) performance. the song is nothing like big bang, its very...cpop. and their style, well is just whatever thats popular right now.

honestly, they suck. sooooo many failing groups in china in recent years. they'll probably be another one.

their traniers were the same ones who worked with big bang?

Archived