Copycat Of Big Bang Surfaces In China, Band Is Called OK Bang

Peekabooitzme

Guest reverie_

B2K was actually a sister group to Immature, but anyways it goes beyond the style comparisons

it's also in their voices and in their songs.

The point I'm making is that people are knocking these chinese guys for stealing something from Big Bang..that they didnt own to begin with :mellow: :mellow: did you even read what the article was saying????

Yea, I did. I have no problem with them... I was just irked when you claimed that they copied

B2K, that's all.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, I did. I have no problem with them... I was just irked when you claimed that they copied

B2K, that's all.

But it's the truth, the boys didnt do it

it was YG...................................

which is why I'm getting pissed at people (not you in particular) thinking Big Bang are some kind of trendsetters

I remember they said two groups of american boys knocked Big Bang and Shinee RLMAO lawd hemercay..then once a group of chinese boys come out with a similar image they stole from Big Bang???

sm_ny_slappy.gif

Guest reverie_

But it's the truth, the boys didnt do it

it was YG...................................

which is why I'm getting pissed at people (not you in particular) thinking Big Bang are some kind of trendsetters

I remember they said two groups of american boys knocked Big Bang and Shinee RLMAO lawd hemercay..then once a group of chinese boys come out with a similar image they stole from Big Bang???

No, of course they're not trendsetters, everyone knows that.

But, I'm guessing the similarities kind off put people off?

And, the way the article is written definitely does not help,

with all the labeling: this one is "the g-dragon", etc, you know?

Guest pillowbox

at least this isn't coming from Allkpop.

They posted up this news as well but included a MV that wasn't even theirs.

I dont see the similarity between group and Big Bang... they remind me of Japanese band instead. Don't tell me they're being called copycaters BECAUSE of their group name Ok-Bang. That's just ridiculous now.... -.-

edit

For those who don't know... Japanese fashion is ALOT MORE POPULAR amongst the teens/young adults in China ..compared to Korean fashion or whatever.

i love big bang...but they aren't original <_<

Guest 0oyokisuo0

No, of course they're not trendsetters, everyone knows that.

But, I'm guessing the similarities kind off put people off?

And, the way the article is written definitely does not help,

with all the labeling: this one is "the g-dragon", etc, you know?

what similarities?? NOTHING.

Guest BlackCat

Their debut music video with the video and the song are very similar.....

There are like billions of people on this world, each country having their own singers that different countries never heard of. A "idea"/"concept" might be new to one country , but it could've appeared in another country before. Is it copying? I think copying is just what was just in, etc and those who follow the trend right after. For example, fashion this year was big on ripped leggings. Who started it? It started appearing in every fashion show, so who copied who? Did they all have the same inspiration? Everyone needs to get a life, who cares. If you don't like them then dont support them by not listening to them and stop bashing and go to listen to what you like!

I don't understand how big bang "came from" any group?

yea, of course there would be inspiration from many hip-hop artists, but

unless YG has said it himself, I don't think Big Bang was derived from any certain groups.

That aside, I don't think there is anything wrong with this band...

UNLESS the intention was to "clone" Big Bang and produce them with the

sole purpose of "cloning", in the sense of what happened to SNSD.

But if not, fine, great but the name - kind of iffy.

First of all, Idol Girls and SNSD were both obviously inspired by Morning Musume.

Secondly, Idol Girls were not meant to be "SNSD clones" - if you check that topic you'll see that it's been locked because of glaring misinformation. The supposed photo of Idol Girls copying SNSD was a picture of a COSPLAY GROUP.

Guest 0oyokisuo0

http://v.ku6.com/show/ZKhYEBs0OTSBluI8.html

oh my god! they are dancing to big bang!!!!!!

ughm yea, their trainers were korean, supposedly the ones who worked with big bang.

http://www.gm5566.com/index.php/video/index/8476

here's their debut song (?) performance. the song is nothing like big bang, its very...cpop. and their style, well is just whatever thats popular right now.

honestly, they suck. sooooo many failing groups in china in recent years. they'll probably be another one.

Guest reverie_

First of all, Idol Girls and SNSD were both obviously inspired by Morning Musume.

Secondly, Idol Girls were not meant to be "SNSD clones" - if you check that topic you'll see that it's been locked because of glaring misinformation. The supposed photo of Idol Girls copying SNSD was a picture of a COSPLAY GROUP.

My bad?

It still would be ridiculous if they were to "clone" BB for the

purpose of doing so.

haha ok.. I do admit that they're VERY similar to big bang and they use their songs for rehearsals. but so what?! its not like other artists dont use other people's works..

And please! Music is something that can influence each other. So for all of you out there that DO NOT UNDERSTAND music.. don't always think its plagiarism, cuz its not!

All hip-hop music are VERY similar to each other. Including their style and music. So you can't just call them copying BIGBANG.

Guest 0oyokisuo0

My bad?

It still would be ridiculous if they were to "clone" BB for the

purpose of doing so.

i didnt see people going crazy when after school was coming out as COPY of pussycat dolls...okay, and morning musume.

Guest ixLoveXse7en

Big Bang is not original. Look at "we belong together" that song, wasn't that inspired by Mariah Carey and the music video to that, can we say Chris Brown.

Guest Brianna<3

haha wtf?!? People accusing this boy band of copying Big Bang when BB isn't even that original to begin with. lmao And the Chinese band doesn't even look like big bang at all. are the people calling them "copy cats" basing it on their name "OK Bang?" lmao hahah goodness lmao....Or it's because they danced to Big Bang? Understandable since their trainer is Korean.

I'm sick of but not surprised at this double standard on soompi. You guys know what I'm talking about. Happens a lot on Soompi.

edit: I saw a bit of their performance (the link above)...haha excuse me, but they're bad, but still not enough to warrant the copy cat label.

Guest efflorescent musings

haha I can only laugh at the name because it sounds funny.

But seriously, all groups are same to me. Eventually, their individuality comes out.

And why worry about a new cpop band? I find the older, more experienced cpop singers much more pleasant to listen to.

I think it's sad that the author actually went ahead and labeled each of the members to a Big Bang member. :wacko: .

These blogs need to stop spreading these nasty rumors.

Just curious, who was accused of copying 2ne1?

Oh goodness.. I found it. With no surprise I knew what type of comments I would be reading. Honestly am sick of these retard fans.

Big Bang is not original. Look at "we belong together" that song, wasn't that inspired by Mariah Carey and the music video to that, can we say Chris Brown.

LOL Just because an artist sings songs that are inspired by other artist means that those artist are not orginal??

WELL IN THAT CASE, NO KPOP IDOL GROUPS ARE ORIGINAL

BIGBANG FTW!!!

I actually don't think they're trying to copy Big Bang--whoever labeled them under "the killer stare/TOP" makes them appear that way, IMO.

The group who copied 2ne1 (same bg and almost similar outfits. yea, you can call that copycat) but with this group, I dont see it at all. They look kind of like a TOUGH SHINee HAHA... but also like J-rockers gone hip-hop

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

They look more Japanese inspired to me X_X

I don't know about their music but I am not going to bash them because

it's hard to become a entertainer and having a bunch of people attack you

just because of your name or style is ridiculous.

They want their music to be heard not a bunch of "You copied BLAH BLAH BLAH".

They look more like J-rockers than any Korean boy-band.

And yes, Big Bang is totally Korea's version of B2K. Their With U song totally reminds me of B2K.

Archived