❤️Kim Soo Hyun ❤️ 김수현❤️

swingbaby

*** BTS Jin  recently did a photoshoot with W Korea. The magazine has shared a Q&A and behind-the-scenes footage from the shoot. Jin was asked, “Have you started any new series or watched movies recently?” He revealed that, like most everyone, he became interested in tvN‘s 2024 hit K-Drama Queen of Tears.  And we have the same favorite scene. which I posted it here.  :Megalol:   :ohboy2:

The most enjoyable drama I’ve watched recently, although I didn’t catch it from the first episode, is called ‘Queen of Tears.’

— Jin

Queen_Of_Tears-p.jpg

• Like 1

*** Woo Do Hwan is the latest to join the drama "Knock Off". I read from articles saying that he will be playing a special guest starring part. Does it mean just cameo? Or probably an important character but not much screen time? Just like Kim Nam Gil in case? I believe that he will have cameo in the drama because he was spotted after script-reading with the casts.   :kaching1:

BTS’s Jin Talks Military Life and New Drama Obsession for ‘Queen of Tears’

jin.png

BTS member Jin recently showed his admiration for actor Kim Soo Hyun and the hit K-Drama Queen of Tears. On July 15th, the YouTube channel for W Korea shared a Q&A session and behind-the-scenes footage from Jin’s photoshoot with the magazine.

Jin was also asked if he had started any new series or watched any movies recently. He revealed his interest in 2024 tvN juggernaut Queen of Tears. Jin shared, “The drama I’ve enjoyed the most recently, although I didn’t catch it from the first episode, is ‘Queen of Tears.'” The BTS member then shared his favorite scene from the drama: a drunken Hyun Woo (Kim Soo Hyun) picking flower petals to determine his feelings for Hae In (Kim Ji Won). When he arrived home, he confessed his love for her, unaware she was listening on the other side of the door.

This candid interview gives fans a glimpse into Jin’s personal life and his admiration for Queen of Tears, showing a similar side of the global superstar.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://sports.chosun.com/entertainment/2024-07-16/202407160100117850015932

• Like 1

OP met actor Kim Soohyun and shared their story:

“Back then, I was working at a store of a certain brand in COEX. It was around 6 PM on a weekday, and there were hardly any customers that day. I was just idly hanging around when suddenly, two men walked in. The store sold both women's and men's clothes, and I was at the men's cashier desk. The two men quickly picked out a few T-shirts and came to my counter to pay.

I couldn’t take my eyes off them. There was an aura... really... My first thought was, "I wish he were my younger brother," and then I thought, "Is he a celebrity? How can someone have such a small face?" Yes, I didn’t realize at that time that it was Kim Soohyun. I still regret it to this day. I’m not very observant.

While I was ringing up the items, I kept staring at him, not knowing he was Kim Soohyun. We made eye contact. I couldn’t look away. His eyes were beautiful, so round and black. I finally pulled myself together and told him the total.

He handed me a check card. Was it a red BC debit card? Anyway, I neatly packed his items into a shopping bag and sincerely said, "Thank you, please come again," to the customer. I suspected he might be a celebrity, but the friend he was with looked so ordinary that I just thought Kim Soohyun must be a really handsome guy from Gangnam.

After Kim Soohyun and his friend left the store, I said to my coworker, "Did you see that? Amazing, right?" My coworker replied, "Nuna! That was Kim Soohyun!"

"Huh? Who's Kim Soohyun... Oh, Kim Soohyun? Oh my!"

"Nuna, didn't you know it was Kim Soohyun and kept staring at him?"

"No, I didn’t. I was just staring because he was so handsome." I regret it so much. If I had known it was Kim Soohyun that day, I would have begged for a photo, even if I had to cling to his leg. This was a small reminiscence of Kim Soohyun's fan who was suffering from Do Minjun's fever.”

GSpaDCOacAIS8Ae?format=jpg&name=4096x409

GSpaDCJaQAA6uqv?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Magician said:

OP met actor Kim Soohyun and shared their story:

“Back then, I was working at a store of a certain brand in COEX. It was around 6 PM on a weekday, and there were hardly any customers that day. I was just idly hanging around when suddenly, two men walked in. The store sold both women's and men's clothes, and I was at the men's cashier desk. The two men quickly picked out a few T-shirts and came to my counter to pay.

I couldn’t take my eyes off them. There was an aura... really... My first thought was, "I wish he were my younger brother," and then I thought, "Is he a celebrity? How can someone have such a small face?" Yes, I didn’t realize at that time that it was Kim Soohyun. I still regret it to this day. I’m not very observant.

While I was ringing up the items, I kept staring at him, not knowing he was Kim Soohyun. We made eye contact. I couldn’t look away. His eyes were beautiful, so round and black. I finally pulled myself together and told him the total.

He handed me a check card. Was it a red BC debit card? Anyway, I neatly packed his items into a shopping bag and sincerely said, "Thank you, please come again," to the customer. I suspected he might be a celebrity, but the friend he was with looked so ordinary that I just thought Kim Soohyun must be a really handsome guy from Gangnam.

After Kim Soohyun and his friend left the store, I said to my coworker, "Did you see that? Amazing, right?" My coworker replied, "Nuna! That was Kim Soohyun!"

"Huh? Who's Kim Soohyun... Oh, Kim Soohyun? Oh my!"

"Nuna, didn't you know it was Kim Soohyun and kept staring at him?"

"No, I didn’t. I was just staring because he was so handsome." I regret it so much. If I had known it was Kim Soohyun that day, I would have begged for a photo, even if I had to cling to his leg. This was a small reminiscence of Kim Soohyun's fan who was suffering from Do Minjun's fever.”

GSpaDCOacAIS8Ae?format=jpg&name=4096x409

@Magician  thanks for sharing this. Such a lucky person indeed! There are several card brands operating in Korea – like BC Card, Lotte Card, and T-Money, many others.   :Twerkdatbutt:

• Like 1

*** So far, 2024 has been an enjoyable year for K-drama fans. The stunning visuals, captivating storylines, unforgettable characters, and cinematic brilliance continue to enchant audiences across the globe. From romances and intense thrillers to murder mysteries, it's been nothing short of utmost entertainment for every K-drama lover this year. The first half of 2024 has introduced diverse genres. One of the Korean dramas that have won my heart is "Queen of Tears." It became the highest-rated tvN series during its run, achieving a nationwide rating of 24.850%. It also secured its place as the second highest-rated series in Korean cable television history and the third in viewership numbers. The series' success extended beyond Korean cable TV, receiving a warm global reception. In its first week, it recorded over 3.3 million Netflix watch hours by 1.2 million viewers. It went on to chart in 12 countries, becoming Netflix's seventh-ranked non-English series just two days after its release. In fact, by the end of its broadcast run in April, the drama had amassed an impressive 373.2 million watch hours. You can still watch this on Netflix. :kisslevel:

photo1848722.jpg

• Like 1

[NEWS]  Kim Soohyun to Appear on Long-running Japanese Talk Show, Tetsuko's Room, as a Globally Popular Hallyu Star. 

On June 22 and 23, Kim Soohyun held a fan meeting at PIA ARENA in Japan, selling out all seats and demonstrating his explosive popularity. On June 26, Fuji TV's flagship program Mezamashi TV reported that the Korean drama Queen Of Tears achieved high ratings in Korea and was also a big hit in Japan.

They highlighted Kim Soohyun's fan meeting and interview as major news. Following this, there was significant interest in the news that Kim Soohyun would appear on Japan's national program, Tetsuko's Room. Tetsuko's Room, a representative talk show on TV Asahi, has been hosted by renowned veteran actress and best-selling author Tetsuko Kuroyanagi since 1976, and is approaching its 50th anniversary. The talk show has featured global stars and internationally prominent figures, including foreign politicians.

Tetsuko's Room announced Kim Soo-hyun's appearance by saying, "A Hallyu star with global popularity will appear." Kim Soohyun discussed various topics with Tetsuko Kuroyanagi, including the drama Queen of Tears, his Asia tour, and his hobbies.

Notably, Tetsuko Kuroyanagi was reportedly very surprised that Kim Soohyun sang Masahiko Kondo's song, Gin Gin Gin Sari Genaku, which was released in 1981, at his fan meeting. Even though the drama Queen of Tears ended almost three months ago, it remains popular, with a pop-up store recently opening in Tokyo. Kim Soohyun's popularity is expected to continue.

https://www.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=564582

GSp4A6EacAA--Dj?format=jpg&name=900x900

GSp3twabwAAmhEV?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

Kim Soo Hyun Fever Sweeps Japan: Fan Meetings Sell Out, Legendary Talk Show Invites Him

high.jpg&w=1920&q=75

Kim Soo Hyun continues to captivate audiences in Japan. His fan meetings at PIA ARENA on June 22 and 23 were completely sold out, demonstrating his strong connection with Japanese fans.

Further solidifying his popularity, Kim Soo Hyun’s drama Queen of Tears was featured on Fuji TV’s morning program Mezamashi TV on June 26. The show highlighted the drama’s impressive viewership ratings in Korea and its success in Japan. The segment included footage from Kim Soo Hyun’s fan meetings and an interview with the actor.

Adding to the excitement, Kim Soo Hyun will appear on the Japanese talk show Tetsuko’s Room. Hosted by actress and author Tetsuko Kuroyanagi, the program has been a staple on Japanese television since 1976. Kuroyanagi, who holds the Guinness World Record for the “Longest career as a TV talk show host (same program),” has welcomed various global stars and prominent political figures. Ahead of Kim Soo Hyun’s appearance, the show announced, “A Hallyu star who has gained worldwide popularity will be on the show.”

0000976030_001_20240717103817731.jpg?typ

During his appearance on Tetsuko’s Room, Kim Soo Hyun discussed topics such as his drama Queen of Tears, his Asian tour and his hobbies. Kuroyanagi was particularly surprised by Kim Soo Hyun’s rendition of Masahiko Kondo’s 1981 song “Gingiragin ni Sarigenaku” at his fan meeting.

Despite concluding three months ago, the drama Queen of Tears remains popular in Japan. The recent opening of a pop-up store in Tokyo dedicated to the drama is a testament to its enduring popularity.

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/now/article/144/0000976030

*** Beyond my oppas, captivating stories, picturesque locations, delightful food scenes, and memorable music, it's the Iconic Korean drama quotes why I love watching K-dramas, those dialogues that make me swoon.  I love this quote from "Queen of Tears"  :   :hypehype:

“One day, when only one of us is left, the other one can come to meet them. Then it won’t be scary at all. Because we’ll be together.” – Baek Hyun Woo and Hong Hae In

Tetsuko Kuroyanagi updated her SNS with actor Kim Soohyun

She wrote, “Wow! Kim Soohyun will be on Tetsuko's Room. I was so happy to find out that Soohyun knew about Tetsuko's Room and even delayed his return trip by a day to come to the studio. I had watched him in My Love from the Star and Queen of Tears, so I knew how wonderful he was, but meeting him in person was a surprise!

He came to my dressing room to say hello. At first, he seemed a bit nervous, but as we talked, he relaxed, and we ended up laughing together. We exchanged gifts too. He gave me a tea set and cookies, and I gave him a fan and Japanese sweets. Later, one of his staff handed him a big bag, and he looked a bit confused. It turned out to be full of his own fan merchandise, like uchiwa fans. He shyly said, "These are my goods." At that moment, I was holding a T-shirt with my photo on it, and when he saw it, he asked, "Is that your merchandise?" I replied, "Yes, it is," and he looked so relieved and cute.

GSwFalPbMAAeSq1?format=jpg&name=large

• Love 1

10+ Best Sexy Kiss Scenes In K-Dramas

Who said K-Drama love scenes are cringeworthy, and the leads kiss like fish? That’s a thing of the past!

K-Drama fan account @kdramasdiary on X (formerly Twitter) asked netizens what their favorite kissing scenes are. The post went viral with 2.8M views at the time of writing, as netizens shared some of the most romantic and hot kiss scenes in K-Dramas.

13. Queen of Tears

17. It’s Okay to Not Be Okay

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/best-k-drama-kissing-scenes-netizens/

• Like 2

Kim Soohyun on Japanese Talk Show, Tetsuko's Room, as a ‘Globally Popular Hallyu Star.’

Tetsuko Kuroyanagi: Today, we have a very popular guest from around the world with us. It's the Hallyu star, Kim Soohyun. Please come over here. Hello, thank you for coming. Please, have a seat. I’ve been looking forward to meeting you since I’ve watched your dramas.

Kim Soohyun: Nice to meet you. I’m Kim Soohyun, an actor from Korea. It’s an honor to be here.

TK: Amazing! That’s great. I wish I could study as much as you. I’ve tried to study a bit, but I couldn’t quite get it right. ‘Kamsahamnida.’

TK: I’ll introduce him properly now. He has played a wide range of roles, and his works have all been huge hits. He’s been praised for his excellent acting skills and has won many awards. His latest drama, Queen of Tears, has been explosively popular, surpassing the ratings of Crash Landing on You, and he’s now a globally recognized Hallyu star.

TK: Why did you decide to come on our show this time?

KSH: I got to meet a great work called Queen of Tears, and got the opportunity to appear on this great show, Tetsuko’s Room, so I rushed over.

TK: Did you know Queen of Tears would be a hit?

KSH: I didn’t expect it to be a big hit from the start, but because it’s a story about love, family, and couples, I thought many people could relate to it.

TK: Indeed, it has moments that make you cry, laugh, and worry. I was really excited while watching it.

KSH: Thank you for enjoying it.

TK: You’re known as the ‘Genius of Tears’ because you often show deep emotions in your dramas.

KSH: Yes, I had many chances to perform emotional scenes in dramas.

TK: We’ll show a tearful scene from another drama of yours.

KSH: That’s 10 years ago.

TK: How do you manage to cry so convincingly?

KSH: I’m embarrassed. I don’t know how other actors do it, but when I perform emotional scenes, the tears aren’t the main focus. I concentrate more on expressing the sadness, pain, or joy I feel.

TK: There are many ways to express emotions, right?

KSH: Yes, even without crying, you can still convey emotions. I personally like such emotional acting.

TK: That's impressive. I heard you’re currently on a tour of six cities in Asia. Since you came to Japan, the number of members in your Japanese fan club has increased fivefold. That’s amazing. We have footage of your performance in Japan, so let’s take a look at how it went.

TK: Amazing! That song, Gingiragin ni Sarigenaku, is very special to me because the singer who made it a hit is a good friend of mine. I'm really happy you sang it.

KSH: Kondo Masahiko-san?

TK: Yes yes, it’s Kondo Masahiko-san. I'm sure people will be surprised to hear you sang Gingiragin ni Sarigenaku.

KSH: This song is very famous, and actually, my mother recommended it to me.

TK: The person who wrote the lyrics is a well-known songwriter.

KSH: Do people often use the phrase ‘Gingiragin ni Sarigenaku’ in everyday conversation?

TK: The phrase ‘Gingiragin ni Sarigenaku’ is not commonly used, but ‘sarigenaku’ is. ‘Gingiragin’ refers to something shiny or glittery.

KSH: I see.

TK: By the way, what’s your favorite food?

KSH: I don’t have a particular favorite Japanese food, but this time I tried yakiniku and unadon. And today I'm planning to eat tonkatsu.

TK: That’s great. Tonkatsu is delicious. I like it too. What kind of tonkatsu do you like?

KSH: The charm of tonkatsu is that it tastes great no matter where you get it. In Korea, there's a saying, “Even shoes taste good when fried.” It means frying makes everything taste great. Especially with such great ingredients, you can’t go wrong.

TK: The saying about shoes tasting good when fried is funny.

TK: Kim Soohyun-san is our guest today. What were you like as a child?

KSH: I liked to joke around and play pranks with my friends, but gradually I became more introverted. So, I was a bit of an introverted kid.

TK: Did you have any dreams?

GS1wCK9bsAAWtkZ?format=jpg&name=medium