❤️Kim Soo Hyun ❤️ 김수현❤️

swingbaby

7 essential K-dramas for Kim Soo-hyun fans

1718084307798240611%20soohyun.jpg

Following Kim Soo-hyun’s return to the small screen with the romantic comedy series “Queen of Tears,” it seems that fans cannot get enough of the South Korean star.

After debuting in 2007, Soo-hyun has risen to become one of South Korea’s most popular actors. Through a string of well-known dramas spanning various genres, he has showcased versatility, breathing life into a diverse array of characters, from a musical prodigy to a charismatic lawyer who marries into a conglomerate family.

If you are among those who have fallen under the spell of Soo-hyun’s charm, here are seven dramas that you can watch.

Dream High (2011)

Also Starring: Bae Suzy, Ok Taec-yeon, Hahm Eun-jung, Jang Woo-young, IU

In this beloved music-infused teen drama, Soo-hyun shines as one of six arts school students striving to achieve their dreams of becoming K-pop stars. Here, the actor plays the endearing Song Sam-dong, a country bumpkin who turns out to be a music genius.

Moon Embracing the Sun (2012)

Also Starring: Han Ga-in, Jung Il-woo, Kim Min-seo

Soo-hyun exudes a regal presence in “Moon Embracing The Sun,” where he embodies the role of King Lee Hwon. He becomes entangled in a love story with a noblewoman Yeon-woo, who is ensnared in a scheme that leads her to become the shaman Wol.

My Love from the Star (2013)

Also Starring: Jun Ji-hyun, Park Hae-jin, Yoo In-na, Shin Sung-rok, Ahn Jae-hyun

In “My Love from the Star,” Soo-hyun assumes the role of Do Min-joon, an alien who arrived on Earth during the Joseon dynasty. After four centuries, he is given the chance to depart the planet, but complications arise when he falls in love with a top actress, portrayed by Jun Ji-hyun.

The Producers (2015)

Also Starring: Cha Tae-hyun, Gong Hyo-jin, IU

Spoiler

Giving viewers an insider look into Korea's broadcasting industry, “The Producers” sees Soo-hyun play Baek Seung-chan, who gives up pursuing law school to venture into the world of TV production, motivated by a secret crush.

It’s Okay To Not Be Okay (2020)

Also Starring: Seo Yea-ji, Oh Jung-se, Park Gyu-young

Recognized for its exploration of mental health themes, “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” follows an antisocial children’s book author, portrayed by Seo Yea-ji, who develops a romantic fixation with Soo-hyun’s Moon Gang-tae, a caregiver at a psychiatric facility.

One Ordinary Day (2021)

Also Starring: Cha Seung-won

Based on the British series “Criminal Justice,” “One Ordinary Day” features Soo-hyun as a university student whose life takes a harrowing turn when he becomes wrongly implicated in a murder case.

Queen of Tears (2024)

Also Starring: Kim Ji-won, Park Sung-hoon, Kwak Dong-yeon, Lee Joo-bin

In this smash romantic comedy, Soo-hyun plays Baek Hyun-woo, a charming (and sometimes comical) lawyer who ties the knot with a conglomerate heir. Their spark fades after three years, leading Hyun-woo to contemplate divorce until he learns of his wife’s terminal illness.

credit : https://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/2024/6/11/7-essential-k-dramas-for-kim-soo-hyun-fans-1329

• Like 1

[NEWS]   Actor Kim Soohyun has been chosen as the new Classys advertising model for their high-frequency medical device, Volnewmer.

Classys plans to launch the Classys Confidence Campaign in the second half of this year to raise awareness of Volnewmer and strengthen communication with clinics and consumers. They aim to increase interest and loyalty to their brand by partnering with Kim Soohyun, who embodies confidence and trust.

As the new face of Volnewmer, Kim Soohyun will participate in online and offline advertisements as part of the Classys Confidence Campaign and engage with consumers through digital media channels.

Additionally, various activities are planned for Classys’s clinic users. A representative from Classys said, “We expect Kim Soohyun’s high recognition and popularity to play a significant role in popularizing and globalizing Volnewmer.”

https://www.m-i.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=1129468

GP64WzSakAArPvU?format=jpg&name=large

[NEWS]  Kim Soohyun's global phenomenon continues―the Asia tour ‘EYES ON YOU’ selling out quickly.

Actor Kim Soohyun's popularity is still going strong worldwide. He will meet fans in Bangkok on June 15, Yokohama on June 22 and 23, Manila on June 29, Taipei on July 6, Hong Kong on August 10, and Jakarta on September 7 as part of his ‘2024 KIM SOO HYUN ASIA TOUR EYES ON YOU.’ The tour will end in Seoul.

Fans have responded enthusiastically to the news of his Asia tour. Tickets for Bangkok, Manila, and Taipei sold out quickly as soon as they went on sale. In Yokohama, where the largest events with two shows will be held, the number of fan club members increased fivefold after the announcement of early ticket sales for fan club members, marking a great start for the ‘2024 Asia Tour.’

Kim Soohyun is reportedly working hard to create unforgettable memories with his fans. Known for his excellent singing ability, as shown by his performances of drama OSTs, fans are eagerly anticipating which songs he will perform at the fan meetings.

https://enews.imbc.com/m/Detail/420707

GP6hwA7bcAA2OcF?format=jpg&name=900x900

Kim SooHyun's "Eyes On You" Asia Tour Fan Meet in Seoul has become the second most viewed article on Naver News

GP11Wd_aIAA34PA?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

*** On June 12, the Seoul International Drama Awards 2024 unveiled the nominees for the Asia Star Awards. From Korea, nominees in the Best Actor category are: 

In the OST Awards category, the nominees are:

The Seoul International Drama Awards 2024 organizing committee announced that fans will determine winners in each category through the voting app Idol Champ. It will open on June 15. Fans who participate in the poll will have a chance to win tickets to the awards ceremony and Idol Champ championship.   :blush:

• Like 1

Actor Kim Soohyun has been selected as the star who best suits the role of an engineering student, according to a survey by Seven Edu, an online math education company. The survey, conducted from May 12 to June 11 with 924 participants, revealed that Kim Soo-hyun received 41.6% of the votes (384 people).

Kim Soo Hyun's portrayal of Baek Hyun-woo in the TV drama "Queen of Tears" was pivotal in this recognition. In "Queen of Tears," he played a character who is the son of a local head in Yongdu-ri and a supermarket prince. His delicate performance captivated audiences and showcased his ability to bring emotional depth to his roles.  

His character, a Seoul National University Law School graduate with a brilliant mind and a warm heart, left a lasting impression and garnered favorable reviews. Kim Soohyun's acting career began in the 2007 MBC sitcom "Kimchi Cheese Smile." He has since become one of South Korea's top actors, with notable works including the dramas "The Moon Embracing the Sun," "My Love from the Star," and "The Producers."

His filmography includes popular movies such as "The Thieves," "Secretly, Greatly," and "Real." The CEO of Seven Edu, Cha Gil-young, attributed Kim Soo-hyun's top ranking in the survey to his brilliant acting and ability to portray intelligent and witty characters convincingly. Kim Soohyun is currently considering his next project, the drama "Knock Off," directed by Park Hyun-seok.

Seven Edu conducted a survey of 924 people on which star who best suited the role of an engineering student

1. Kim Soo Hyun - 41.6%

2. Byeon Wooseok - 21.8%

3. Kang Dong Won - 16.6%

https://m.entertain.naver.com/article/009/0005318083

https://www.mk.co.kr/news/hot-issues/11040189

GP6-lVraAAA-bx9?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1

5 K-Drama Male Leads Who Charmed Their Way Into Our Hearts

20240612094850_byeon-woo-seok-kim-soo-hy

In the first half of 2024, K-dramas gave us winsome men who came bearing oodles of charm. Their dashing good-looks apart, they were smart and steadfast, gallantly wearing their hearts on their sleeves. They were willing to take a bullet for love and defy all odds to protect the people they cared about. They romanced with the same ease with which they fought, laughed, and didn’t shy away from showing their tears.

Here are five K-drama male leads who had many smitten as they made hearts skip several beats. 

Kim Soo Hyun in “Queen of Tears”

queen-of-tears-kim-soo-hyun.jpg

Baek Hyun Woo (Kim Soo Hyun) is an astute lawyer who can get himself out of the stickiest of legal situations. But when it comes to his wife Hong Hae In (Kim Ji Won), he has met his biggest match. Hyun Woo is married to the rich heiress Hae In, and though they make the perfect couple, their marriage is far from it. Lack of communication, ego issues, and misunderstandings have driven a wedge between the two. Hyun Woo wants out, but when Hae In receives a life-threatening diagnosis, he decides to bide his time. When sparks are reignited, old feelings resurface, but there are too many factors that keep the two apart. When Hyun Woo’s suspicions are confirmed that Yoon Eun Sung (Park Sung Hoon) not only has feelings for his wife but is also the biggest threat to her family, he puts himself in the line of fire.

“Queen of Tears” came with its own set of plot twists and tropes, but what scored was the electrifying chemistry between Kim Soo Hyun and Kim Ji Won. Kim Soo Hyun portrayed a man who leaves no stone unturned in protecting the woman he loves and mends their fractured relationship. The complex yet endearing relationship between the two characters was brought out perfectly by the leads.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Magician said:

BENCH x KIM SOO HYUN

@Magician  thanks for sharing this. It feels amazing to welcome Kim Soo Hyun back as the latest Global BENCH setter! It's almost three years since Kim Soo Hyun was announced as the newest Global BENCH Setter. Soo Hyun is back to steal Filipino hearts, featuring the latest collection from BENCH. They posted this to IG :   :kisslevel:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8OlSl5yrAe/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=ee40416f-3b35-4507-844c-7a34c14b6799

Rough translation

Kim Soo Hyun 🇹🇭 Bangkok Fan Meeting

Media Q&A:

Q: What special things have you prepared for Thai fans this time?

KSH: I have prepared a lot of songs, and I have been practicing until now.

Q: What is the most painful scene and the happiest scene in Queen of Tears?

KSH: The happiest scene is probably the honeymoon in Germany.
The most painful is the night-light stars scene.

Q: If you were Kim Soo Hyun, facing the same situation as Baek Hyun Woo, would you make the same decision as him? From the perspective of love and life.

KSH: In the drama, Baek Hyun Woo will avoid problems,
but if it were me, I would solve them.

Q: Your latest drama Queen of Tears is very popular in Thailand. How do you feel about this?

KSH: Thank you to everyone who loves the drama, and thank you for loving me and not forgetting me. I will continue to do my best to repay everyone.

Q: What kind of job do you want to do in the entertainment industry in the future?

KSH: I am not very picky about work. If there is something that I am interested in, I will choose it, whether it is acting or sports.

Q: Did you try Thai food during this trip to Thailand? Did you like it? Is there any Thai food you want to try but haven't tried yet? Or is there any place you want to go?

KSH: As soon as I arrived yesterday, I went to a Thai restaurant. I had mango sticky rice! It was the best I've ever had.  As for savory dishes, there's a lot of seafood - grilled river shrimp and tom yum goong. It's very rich, sour, fragrant and sweet.

MC: If you miss Thai food, you can always fly here~

Media: We recommend som tam with crab and fermented fish.

KSH: Okay, I'll try it!
(Looking at the reaction on the scene and saying...)
This dish is hard for foreigners to accept, right? 

Q: Yesterday, many fans came to the airport to greet me. You must be surprised. How did you feel?

KSH: I felt the enthusiasm from the moment I arrived in Thailand .
Everyone was very orderly and very welcoming.

Q: What impression did Thai fans leave on you? What do you think of when you think of them?

KSH: Everyone here has a smile on their face 

Q: How do you spend your days off?

KSH: These days, I usually play golf or ride a bike. Now I practice singing a lot, so my hands are shaking.

Q: Finally, do you have anything to say to your Thai fans?

KSH: I hope to see everyone at the event. This year's tour starts in Thailand, and I hope to start with a good spirit

GQG4IXHbMAEcet3?format=jpg&name=large

GQG9EpxbwAAYuwp?format=jpg&name=large

GQG1P6HbUAA8M9G?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Love 1