swingbaby

Netflix Map Shows You The Most Popular Shows All Over The World

The Top 5 Most Popular Shows:

• 3% - Most popular in 8 countries
  • My Love From The Star - Most popular in 7 countries
  • 13 Reasons Why - Most popular in 5 countries
  • Bones - Most popular in 5 countries
  • Boys Over Flowers - Most popular in 5 countries

My Love from the Star is the second-most popular Netflix show in the world—but not in its native South Korea.

Just behind the show 3%, My Love from the Star ranked as the most popular show in seven countries—all of which are in Southeast Asia. Again, this regional popularity makes sense because the show is made in South Korea.

However, My Love from the Star is on Netflix in only some of these countries. Its high search volume in countries where it’s not on Netflix probably comes from people searching how to watch it. This still speaks to the popularity of the show in those countries, as do the remakes of the show created in several countries, including the Philippines.

Surprisingly, the show’s original home, South Korea, is not one of the countries where My Love from the Star is the most popular. South Korea prefers The Walking Dead. To be fair, if you shared a fence with North Korea, you might feel inclined to familiarize yourself with a dystopian world too.

Source: https://www.highspeedinternet.com/resources/netflix-what-the-world-is-watching-in-2018/#legend-tables

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, yuzu16 said:

Netflix Map Shows You The Most Popular Shows All Over The World

The Top 5 Most Popular Shows:

• 3% - Most popular in 8 countries
  • My Love From The Star - Most popular in 7 countries
  • 13 Reasons Why - Most popular in 5 countries
  • Bones - Most popular in 5 countries
  • Boys Over Flowers - Most popular in 5 countries

My Love from the Star is the second-most popular Netflix show in the world—but not in its native South Korea.

Just behind the show 3%, My Love from the Star ranked as the most popular show in seven countries—all of which are in Southeast Asia. Again, this regional popularity makes sense because the show is made in South Korea.

However, My Love from the Star is on Netflix in only some of these countries. Its high search volume in countries where it’s not on Netflix probably comes from people searching how to watch it. This still speaks to the popularity of the show in those countries, as do the remakes of the show created in several countries, including the Philippines.

Surprisingly, the show’s original home, South Korea, is not one of the countries where My Love from the Star is the most popular. South Korea prefers The Walking Dead. To be fair, if you shared a fence with North Korea, you might feel inclined to familiarize yourself with a dystopian world too.

Source: https://www.highspeedinternet.com/resources/netflix-what-the-world-is-watching-in-2018/#legend-tables

Hi yuzu, thanks for sharing this.  Since this drama is one of the Top 5 Most Popular Shows, I read that (G) I-DLE’s Yuqi chose two people who fit her ideal type. During broadcast of “Two O’Clock Date With Ji Suk Jin where she appeared as guest, she said that, “she really loved Kim Soo Hyun’s role in ‘My Love From the Star.'” In a video message to Kim Soo Hyun, she said that, “You’re incredibly cool. Given the chance, I would like to meet you.” :P

• Like 3

From weibo

19-8-2018   Kim Soo Hyun bought two toothbrushes and lip balm in Wenshan OLIVE YOUNG. 
The clerk covered his cheek with both hands and said that his face was very small, and he was very handsome. He had several robes with him, and he bought something and left. 

006utMUsgy1fuihoy2fq0j30gv0u0aq4.jpg

006utMUsgy1fuihrxsypmj336o1siqv6.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, willenette said:

“You’re incredibly cool. Given the chance, I would like to meet you.” :P

The dream of all fan girls out there :wub:

9 hours ago, hwonhwon_stv said:

From weibo

19-8-2018   Kim Soo Hyun bought two toothbrushes and lip balm in Wenshan OLIVE YOUNG. 
The clerk covered his cheek with both hands and said that his face was very small, and he was very handsome. He had several robes with him, and he bought something and left. 

He actually bought 14 toothbrushes.  The picture was just a sample of the ones he bought.  (remember when one of his teammates from the training camp said he was obsessed with cleaning his teeth? :D)

The clerk covered her cheeks and expressed his face is really small.  He had several teammates with him (not robes, Google Translate did poorly on this one, haha :lol:)

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, yuzu16 said:

He actually bought 14 toothbrushes.  The picture was just a sample of the ones he bought.  (remember when one of his teammates from the training camp said he was obsessed with cleaning his teeth? :D)

The clerk covered her cheeks and expressed his face is really small.  He had several teammates with him (not robes, Google Translate did poorly on this one, haha :lol:)

Wow, thanks again Yuzu for correction

2018.08.22  From DC

Do Min Joon and Park Dong He actually can't recognize it! 

I have been working as a lecturer since I retired from my military life in 20 years. Today I went to the 1st Division search team to give lectures to the soldiers. 

The captain is a junior, so I only went to the lecture after chatting. After the lecture, a soldier who looked very smart asked a few questions and the content was very good. Close to the precious heart, explain it carefully. After the lecture came out, the younger captain said this. 

"Predecessors, don't you know that the soldier who just asked the question is Lee Hyun Woo who plays the medical soldier in the movie "2nd Battle of Yeonpyeong (Northern Limit Line)?" 

And he also told him there was also Kim Soo Hyun from 'Real' who sit right behind him.

Really? Why dont u tell me before ?  Then his junior said i thought you just pretend not to know them. Then he said sorry on his posting for not knowing you, Kim Soo Hyun and Lee Hyun Woo

Can you find our boy?

39811101_702850026741808_803525411277583

bd6fec08gy1fuj39uet80j20ic0dhwfp.jpg

39921074_702849983408479_705391142774820

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

From weibo

China's Choice of Kim Soo Hyun, the Korean Wave Star who can't stop being enlisted in the army

The Korean Wave Center is very popular among Chinese. Who are the Korean stars popular in mainland China ? What are their popular opportunities in the Mainland? Looking for the stars of the Republic of Korea. 

An unusually popular star that is unstoppable by the military.  Even if there is no actor Kim Soo Hyun who will star in Chinese TV dramas and movies, how can we discuss "Korean Wave"? 

In 2007, Kim Soo Hyun gradually accumulated experience after debuting in MBC's sitcom "Kimchi Cheese Smile". In the winter of 2009, the SBS TV series "Is it snowing at Christmas?" played a strong acting star, which left a deep impression on the domestic audience. In 2010, in the SBS "Giant" played Park Shangmin's childhood shows a stable and exquisite acting, not only to the audience, but also left a deep impression on the relevant people in the industry. After Kim Soo Hyun’s KBS2 “Dream High” aired in 2011, he starred in the TV series for the first time, and he immediately entered the ranks of the same age star. 

The MBC TV series "The Moon Embracing the Sun" aired in 2012 set off the "Kim Soo Hyun Syndrome" in China. With this work, Kim Soo Hyun has challenged historical drama for the first time and has become a national TV drama with a rating of over 40%. Although it is the first time to star in a historical drama, Kim Soo Hyun who has shown amazing acting, has gradually gained praise in China. 

The SBS TV series "You from the Stars" aired in 2013 made Kim Soo Hyun's popularity reach its peak. The aliens who fell on the earth 400 years ago, Do Min Joon not only attracted South Korea, but also attracted the Chinese circle and set off "the craze from the stars." 

Although it is a TV series that cannot be officially broadcast in China, it has been broadcasted in real time on Chinese video websites, which has caused unprecedented response. The click rate of video sites in China has exceeded 4 billion hits, which proves explosive popularity.

Relevant persons of Keyeast, a company affiliated to Kim Soo Hyun, told reporters:  Because of "You from the Stars", Kim Soo Hyun Chinese fans have reviewed his works and started "retrograde." Relying on "You from the Stars" attracts many people. Proving and continuing popularity through works such as "The Moon Embracing the Sun"  and the movie "The Thieves." 

The popularity of Kim Soo Hyun in China is simply "history." Variety shows, CF, fan meetings, etc., are known as "Kim Soo Hyun accompanied."  One of the most versatile proposals is "The Strongest Brain" Super Brain], one of China's most popular variety shows. Jiangsu TV station sent an invitation letter to Kim Soo Hyun about the content of "Earth people want you", and because of the consideration of Kim Soo Hyun's schedule to provide a special machine, the Chinese media have reported that Kim Soo Hyun's specific visit to China detonated the topic. 

In addition, mobile games and mobile phones with Kim Soo Hyun as the main public have been listed, attracting people's attention. In particular, the "Kim Soo Hyun Star Academy", which is a star-training and love simulation experiment modeled by Kim Soo Hyun, was listed throughout China and caused a warm response. 

Cocos2d-x, which accounts for 70% of Chinese game engines, has been downloaded more than 10 times. The brokerage company announced that it has cooperated with the Chinese mobile game company Cocos2d-x to become a project with a high expectation and concentrated industry. It has also received attention. 

Many Korean domestic actors chose to “localize” and star in Chinese TV dramas and movies to attract fans' hearts, while Kim Soo Hyun captured a large number of domestic and foreign fans with only domestic works. Will Chinese fans fall into the eyes of Kim Soo Hyun? 

Keyeast related person said: "Chinese fans seem to like the image of Doo Min Joon in 'You from the Stars'. Although the appearance is cold, but the heart seems to like the warm character, it is a perfect image in reality.

After "You From the Stars ",  "The Moon Embracing the Sun" and "The Thieves" also play similar roles and can continue the image and role that China likes." 

Enlisting also failed to prevent Chinese fans from "Kim Soo Hyun's love." 

The top position on the list of star powers on Baidu and SNS, China's largest portals, still makes people feel the popularity of “now in progress”. 
A person from Keyeast expressed gratitude to the love of these Chinese fans and conveyed the fact that "Kim Soo Hyun is now serving seriously" and "very healthy and very good".

c2d076e736d12f2e3040895b42c2d56285356804.jpg

http://www.ajunews.com/view/20180822082118155

• Like 3

11 hours ago, yuzu16 said:

Hi yuzu KSH is COOL indeed. A COOL guy is fashionable, attractive, and often different.  He bought (14) toothbrushes? Hahaha - he might be over-brushing his teeth that would cause fall-out - LOL - Kidding aside, I love his   pearly white teeth.  On average we should brush our teeth around 3 or 4 times a day.  There are really people who are obsessed with their teeth throughout their lives. So, I understand that he's obsessive about brushing his teeth. It only shows that KSH is a very clean person. :P

• Like 6

From weibo

2018.08.23 Korean network news

According to the survey results, when Chinese people think of Korea, the first thing they think of is diet, TV dramas and Korean stars.

On the 23rd, the results of a questionnaire survey of 7506 Chinese people on Korean culture and tourism from May to June this year showed that 65.89% of the respondents had a Korean diet and 65.75% were TV dramas and variety shows. 62.54% selected Korean stars, fashion and beauty, K-POP, and Korean movies. 

The TV dramas watched by the most respondents are "You Who Came From the Stars", "The Heirs", "Descendants of the Sun",  and "Legend of the Blue Sea". 

Favorite Korean actor is LMH,  KIM SOO HYUN,  SJK, Jun Ji-hyun, Song Hye Kyo, and Park Shin Hye. 

South Korean popular movie is "Train to Busan", and "Secretly Greatly" 

005U9nu8ly1fuj8nux175j30nb0kp0y1.jpg

59e054fbgy1fuk15r3tkvj20qo12bgss.jpg

59e054fbgy1fuk15s792vj20qo159tfr.jpg

• Thanks 4

3 hours ago, hwonhwon_stv said:

The TV dramas watched by the most respondents are "You Who Came From the Stars", "The Heirs", "Descendants of the Sun",  and "Legend of the Blue Sea". 

Favorite Korean actor is LMH,  KIM SOO HYUN,  SJK, Jun Ji-hyun, Song Hye Kyo, and Park Shin Hye.

Thanks for posting this hwonhwon.  The article also mentioned the respondents’ favorite k movies are Train to Busan and Secretly Greatly.  Soo Hyun is represented in all three categories — favorite Korean star, drama and movie. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

VOTING

If you can choose a romantic day ... On the occasion of Valentine's Day, who do you want to share romance with?

Korean Star, TOP 5 :

1. KIM SOO HYUN  [12.7%]

2. EXO Sehun  [12.6%]

3. G-Dragon  [9.9%]

4. Jessica Jung  [9.6%]

5. Yoona SNSD  [8.3%]

https://vote.weibo.com/poll/138850837

40117376_655861231452175_643949395780095

• Like 3