[Drama 2010] PASTA 파스타

the girl who!

Guest Vorarit

After rewatched ep.19 with the sub, I now understand why SY has to do everything by herself such as clean up, organize things in the kicthen or take out trash without all the help from Eyn Sue, the magane and other chefs...However, I still don't understand where the heck the chef is ? It seems like he disappeared everytime something like that happened. He could give her the hands, but the sceens always seem to show he showed up when he finished dressed up nicely, and then merely come out to take her out somewhere...Why the heck he leaves her working too much alone like that..? If the work would not be too much, it might be some understanding that it was assigned as her job, but that are quite a lot to do. If I were him, I would rather stay with her to not only spending time with her more, but also help her out. Haha..I just feel worry and feel bad for the lovely goldfish.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there are only 20-odd numbers in the list.

too little. cecelia hasnt ask for the numbers yet so yea

but 20-odd is way too little for the dvd production.

Sad. Currently, only 1 more ppl wants the dvd.

Posted in Baidu thread. Hope there will be more response.

MBC "PASTA"

hancinema CODEhttp://www.hancinema.net/korean_drama_Pasta.php
koreandrama CODEhttp://www.koreandrama.org/?p=975
koreanmovie CODEhttp://www.koreanmovie.com/Pasta_kd349/
soompi CODEhttp://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=322026
drama wiki CODEhttp://wiki.d-addicts.com/Pasta
asiandramawiki CODEhttp://asianmediawiki.com/Pasta_(2010-South_Korean_Drama-MBC)

DRAMA INFO

English Title: Pasta
Korean Title: 파스타
TV Station: MBC
Episodes: 16
Genre: Romance
Broadcast Period: January 4, 2010
Site : OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Timeslot: Monday- Tuesday 9:55pm (to replace the drama "Queen Seon Deok")

SYNOPSIS[acording to DramaWiki]

"Pasta" it's a story of a woman(Seo Yoo Kyung) who dreams of becaming a successful first-class cook.

CAST

Gong Hyo Jin as SEO YOO KYUNG

Easy to be fooled, also she does not utter any complaints. Only female in Le Face treated as third class. But, she will be a legend.
Her responsibilities: Washing hundreds of dishes, frying pan, dish cloth, sterilizing cutting board, cooking for chefs, cleaning the floor, organizing the refrigerator, organizing trash, making pickles, purchasing materials, organizing accounting book, washing clothes, sharpening knives, taking care of stoves, delivering materials to each division, cleaning the lounge, providing first aid to injuries, etc.
She is still an assistant even though she did all this for three years. For she is not from a good school, she has no relationship with powerful people. She knows her own situation very well and acts carefully upon it. Like this, she became No.9 after 3 years of hard working.
Finally, she catches a chance to hold the frying pan. But, at that time, one macho came to kitchen as a chief chef, and he says ‘No female in kitchen’.
“Critical situation may exist, but never gives up. I will destroy all barriers for female and I will be a legend in kitchen.”

Lee Sun Gyun as CHOI HYUN WOOK

Cooking is ‘me’, the chef is the master
He immigrated to Italy at his early ages and lived there with his parents who opened a restaurant. He took the chef course there, then became a top class chef. He comes to restaurant ‘Le Face’ after he is promised full authority. He does not compromise with anyone, even the owner and old chefs, as for ‘cooking’.
Even though his parents are original Korean, he looks and acts like an Italian. He is cool about love as well as cooking. He acts like he can do everything, and acts like he has many things. He is a macho of machos, and he is straightforward. He thinks it is not appropriate to work with a female. Females can not be a colleague nor a friend. Female itself is OK, but no more female chef. There must be no female chef in my restaurant.
However,
the girl, Yoo Kyung, who survives like a weed in my kitchen, starts to shake his heart

Honey Lee as OH SAE YOUNG

She chose cooking for success!
Seo Yoo Kyung’s idol, ideal character. Symbol of ‘female chef’. She is the Hostess of a television cooking program as well as the author of a best-selling cook book. The only woman in Korea who reached the top of Italian food.
She fell in love with Choi Hyunwook while she was studying at a cooking school in Italy. She graduated as a valedictorian after messing up Choi Hyunwook’s final test on purpose. Though she didn’t want to give up both love and ambition, she put off love for the moment.
The fact that she was valedictorian of an prestigious school, put spot-light on this pretty chef, and gave her a chance to appear in television and commercials. Which leads to popularity and wealth. After attaining everything else, she decided to accomplish the last thing, which is, fatal weak point, her first love.
Behind the calling of chef Choi Hyunwook to ‘Le Face’, there is Oh Seo Young. She never doubted her victory about the result, love as well as business.

Alex Chu as KIM SAM

Cooking is business!
He lives in an apartment near restaurant ‘Le Face’ investing in stocks. He solves every meal at ‘Le Face’. That’s why he likes to critique about the taste of ‘Le Face’ dish, which is referred to as best. Also, he likes to fool around with Yoo Kyung.
Three years ago, when Yoo Kyung caused trouble to join ‘La Spera’, he was sitting somewhere in the restaurant. He liked the way she earned a job. But not only that, he wanted to see how much she will grow with the passion she has. As to Yoo Kyung , he is a pain in the neck, but truthfully he supports her and cheers her on.
With Oh Seo Young, they are close friends who might appear to others as lovers. As a matter of fact, they might know each other too well to get even closer. However how much longer can they be ‘cool friends’ as Hyunwook and Yoo Kyung appears in their life? The relationship between man and woman is one thing that cannot be predicted.

EXTENDED CAST

Jang Yong as SEO JONG GYU

Kim Dong Hee as SEO YOO SUK

Choi Min Sung as JUNG EUN SOO

Byung Jung Soo as KIM KANG

Lee Hyung Chul as GEUM SUK HO

Lee Sung Min as SEOL JOON SUK

PRODUCTION

Director: Kwan Seok Jang (권석장) : What’s Up, Fox?
Screenwriter: Seo Sook Hyang (서숙향) : Mister Goodbye

Guest kotomi

Is there compile a list of NGs please? I'm like hunting thr the 100 + pages but I think I'm still missing some.

thanks so much

Guest betchay

It seems like he disappeared everytime something like that happened. He could give her the hands, but the sceens always seem to show he showed up when he finished dressed up nicely, and then merely come out to take her out somewhere...Why the heck he leaves her working too much alone like that..? If the work would not be too much, it might be some understanding that it was assigned as her job, but that are quite a lot to do. If I were him, I would rather stay with her to not only spending time with her more, but also help her out. Haha..I just feel worry and feel bad for the lovely goldfish.

There was a scene that Chef offered his help but YK said that she was almost done and just told him to go home first. :D Plus YK wanted to prove that she can do her task alone without the help of others especially from her chef.

After rewatched ep.19 with the sub, I now understand why SY has to do everything by herself such as clean up, organize things in the kicthen or take out trash without all the help from Eyn Sue, the magane and other chefs...However, I still don't understand where the heck the chef is ? It seems like he disappeared everytime something like that happened. He could give her the hands, but the sceens always seem to show he showed up when he finished dressed up nicely, and then merely come out to take her out somewhere...Why the heck he leaves her working too much alone like that..? If the work would not be too much, it might be some understanding that it was assigned as her job, but that are quite a lot to do. If I were him, I would rather stay with her to not only spending time with her more, but also help her out. Haha..I just feel worry and feel bad for the lovely goldfish.

i agree to a certain extend as well. like e.g the 19epi. he left her slping at the bench LOLLL

if i were him technically i would have carried her to the car and drive her home LOLL.

but he redeemed himself later when he piggy backed her.

but again he separates love from work and he draws the line very clearly.

and i believe YK is a strong woman, she can stand up for herself very well and HW knows it too.

and she always told HW that she will prove herself to him and she wont be an embarrassment to him.

and that she will stand proud infront of him as a cook

Guest alpharomeo23

wow finally ive watched the last episode..now i think i miss it already..now i know how everybody feels after watching the finale.. :(

btw,does anyone knows the exact words (in english) of YK when she was talking about her heart is like a fish on a cutting board? :)

Guest anna-banana

somebody knows where I can find english sotfsub for ep 19 and 20? I really want to watch that episodes but I can't understand neither korean nor chinese :(:(

Guest Vorarit

i agree to a certain extend as well. like e.g the 19epi. he left her slping at the bench LOLLL

if i were him technically i would have carried her to the car and drive her home LOLL.

but he redeemed himself later when he piggy backed her.

but again he separates love from work and he draws the line very clearly.

and i believe YK is a strong woman, she can stand up for herself very well and HW knows it too.

and she always told HW that she will prove herself to him and she wont be an embarrassment to him.

and that she will stand proud infront of him as a cook

I do agree with this too. Why the heck chef left her sleeping on the bench like that ? Also, like I mentioned, the chef seemed to appear or asked to help SY when she almost get her work done everytime. Where the heck is he earlier ?

Hahaha..seems like if SY did get marry with the chef, her life will quite be tough all the way. To Sans, on the other hand, will be way different as we can often see Sans do quite care of her more than the chef, especially in tough times. Perhaps, as someone had said was right, sometimes women are weird because they do prefer bad or hard men. Haha..

O ok. Saw it. Going to edit my post now. Seems that there are more responses today. haha.

PM you later.

Video Link to the gathering after the finale:

http://rachia.egloos.com/4696684

weird out how come GHJ and LSK nv have an interview together at all.

LSK and honey lee only.

wth

is LSK and GHJ trying to stay away from each other lol

thanks babe for the PM

Guest weirdsalmonella

can anyone explain about the final scene in ep20 where SY was pleading by saying "pasta" but the chef sort of changed the topic of the conversation by repeating the same thing he said to her in the first few ep ("let's date...")? i really don't understand this part. weren't they discussing about whether SY gets to go back to the main line pasta?

weird out how come GHJ and LSK nv have an interview together at all.

LSK and honey lee only.

wth

is LSK and GHJ trying to stay away from each other lol

thanks babe for the PM

No problem. I miss out 1 more person also. :P

Hope there will be MORE ppl interested.

I got all sorts of questions ranging from pricing, dvd region, whether is it restricted to Korea or not from the fans.

Actually, not sure whether we should ask Cecelia whether should we spread to local or not.

The number don't seems to progress much.

Archived