Gong Hyo Jin 공효진

melusine

SBS drama reveals big stars

After a long casting process, SBS finally announced yesterday the lineup of actors who will star in its coming drama “It’s Okay, It’s Love.”

The new series has attracted much of the industry’s attention because of its high-profile production team and cast.

Leading the series will be 32-year-old actor Zo In-sung, who most recently starred in “That Winter, the Wind Blows,” and 33-year-old actress Kong Hyo-jin, from SBS’s “Master’s Sun” (2013). 

Over the past decade, the two celebrities have become beloved icons of Korean dramas, acting in many of the biggest hits and becoming stars around Asia.

SBS said that “It’s Okay, It’s Love” will be a light romantic comedy, with Kong playing a psychiatrist who falls in love with a novelist, played by Zo. The broadcaster said that the show will depict the humorous struggles of characters trying to overcome some minor anxiety disorders. 

Kong emerged as the “queen of rom-com” through the 2003 drama “Sang-doo, Let’s Go to School!” which she starred in with singer and actor Jung Ji-hoon, better known by his stage name Rain. 

Recently, the actress has enjoyed a string of hits and acclaimed performances, including the MBC dramas “Pasta” (2010) and “The Greatest Love” (2011), as well as “Master’s Sun.”

“I decided to join ‘It’s Okay’ because I have trust in writer Noh Hee-kyung. Actually, the first TV drama that I appeared on was the 2001 drama ‘Good Old Days,’ which was written by Noh,” said Kong yesterday through a press release.

The actress noted that there was one other reason that led her to join the new drama. 

“Contrary to the popular practice in the Korean drama industry, quite a lot of scenes for the new drama will be filmed prior to the airing in July,” said Kong. “That will certainly give the actors time to interpret the characters more extensively. Also, the production team will be able to come up with a higher quality drama.” 

As for Zo, he said he was also excited to reunite with Noh, who wrote “That Winter, The Wind Blows.”

In addition, rising K-pop star Do Kyung-soo, better known as D.O. from the boy band EXO, will make his TV drama debut on the series, playing a school boy who idolizes Zo’s novelist character.

“It’s Okay, It’s Love” is slated to begin airing in July. 

BY Kim Hee-eun, CONTRIBUTING WRITER [estyle@joongang.co.kr] koreajoongangdailycredit to @czakhareina in it is ok to love soompi thread  so it is comedy romance drama :)>-   @clalenny welcome to thread and Iam also new but here all the people here are nice and friendly and you will enjoy too much don't worry you are not late  

@MikailaM @cassia_lela  definitely I will watch it thanks chingus you make me really excited to watch it     \:D/

Guest netongg

shisuisen

said: @paradicez

Nope, it's not just you.

SOOP really did share Soompi's article in their page

:D

What I love about this drama is that it's filmed quite early before it's airing date. So, we can anticipate a high quality drama with great editing and directing, and cast members can have ample time for rest in between shoots and not so hectic filming schedules. 

:)>-

Guest clalenny

@Amazoooon thank you for welcoming me dear... :) :) :)*yeah people are very lovely here >> like idol like fan *right

this's my GHJ fanartsome trouble with my posted but I will post later...
lAVgzrby_1395120166.jpg

Guest netongg

czakhareina

said:

If this one is really going to RomCom land, as per above mentioned/written  by article... yes! i am so in....
One can never make a mistake in casting Gong Hyo Jin in RomCom.. Yes she can also do melo but RomCom is her niche no doubt about it... so yup, I totally agree, she is the QUEEN of ROMCOM!!!
Okay this is gonna be a weird ramble.. but let me just say first omygashness.... OMYGASH! OHMYGOODNESS! SO GOOD!Jo In Sung and Gong HyoJin.. I didn't want to say and post anything until it was finalized but I was crossing all fingers, mine and those everyone around me, for this to come true...and yes! Yes! YESSssssszzzzzzz!
Jo In sung and Gong Hyo Jin!!! So so so Excited. this will be an epic match! Wuri Jo In sung and Gong Hyo Jin!!!
I mean how much was the chance for melo and serious drama man Jo In sung to pick a light romcom show... close to none... okay maybe 25%... or as close as So ji Sub did.... and hahaha! Okay this two, SJS and JIS, are just my leading men fixtures of melo shows. it never occurred to me they would ever dip a finger, much less whole body (body Gag included) into romcom.. but now Jo In Sung is... as So ji Sub did first... 
I knew if there was one person who can lure these melo leading men to romcom world it was Gong Hyo Jin..... She is the Queen of RomCom after all!
First there was So Ji Sub, from his somber melos, she lured him with her touchy ways and innuendos until they melted and giggled me to everlasting love... okay scratch that, if luring to romcom is Gong Hyo Jin's thing as the queen of Romcom, then I need to set this straight from the beginning, cause SJS was not the first.
The First was Rain: From his swoonworthy dancing singing career with abs and awesomeness extraordinaire just to be lured and become Sangdoo -- a properly awesome, quirky and loveable student in SangDoo let's go to school. I still have pictures of rain in my head as the a student and I still love it....
Then she schooled another star in the form of Gong Yoo about the art in being swoon worthy while at the same time being Jjang funny in Hello my teacher! Gong Yoo! Gong Yoo! GONG YOO!Then there was 'the voice' Sun kyun who was awesome on his own but then Pasta came and 'Yes Chef' has been a very deliciously bossy funny giddy worthy fun ever since.Then, there was Cha Seung Won who may have given a good fight to maintain his badass persona but got whipped and cuddled by Her in her Best Love until he was like those pet-potatoes they raised... I mean, who would think to kill them much more who would do that do Dokko Jin would sing his hearbreak Gdragon style?
Then Of course So Ji Sub,  who followed her like the sun and has since made all types and shapes of loyal SHIP sailing hearts a flutter with his teloscopey and shelter touchy ways!
And now Jo in Sung! yes now it is Jo In Sung!!! wuri heart wrenching tear jerker leading man Jo In sung... I just can't imagine how and why they will make him do some romcom stuff but I just want to say yay Yay  Yay! I am all for it by all parts, angles and sides of the world that I'll be singing!!!Drama-ye-Gods are GOOD!

okay, I know I need to calm down, cause knowing Noh Hee Kyung, she may as well have a differnt way to define light romcom... so I need to set a realistic expectation... cause with her, "light romcom" would really be "feather light" to actually being light melo in my standards.... with her I just can feel that there would be some melos -- deep melo somewhere from the middle to end of this show... 
but still I am up for however RomCom she might write you... light or otherwise. I'll take what I can get.
With jo In sung and gong Hyo jin.. I am all ears, eyes and senses, even the sixth sense! So if and when we dip to some melo waters I'll be along the ride as well!
So romcom with Jo in Sung and Go Hyo Jin, come!  Hit me with your best shot!
Whatever the genre, I just know I will love it!

@MikailaMHaha, looks like I'm fast becoming well-known for being the machine gun girl. :P Thanks for the wishes. :) Hopefully I can pull it through for my final semester. Two more months and I'll be freeeeeee~ :D
@czakhareinaWelcome! Do drop by here sometimes and there's no need to be shy to post here~ :) We are all enthusiastic to welcome any fans of Hyo Jin unnie here and I love your post so much~ :D
Shall try to drop by here when I have any free time~
tumblr_mzautsH9sf1rjevszo2_250.gif

@shusiusen ^__^
wow thanks for the warm welcome.
and hehehe I might just end up dropping by with some post compared to being a lurker...
anyway been meaning to ask this,but does anyone know where I can watch GHJ'ss movie with Ha jungwoo love fiction?

005uWYZKgw1eek6xprtkdj30zk0k0juh.jpg005uWYZKgw1eek6xstjvtj30zk0k0jue.jpg [비오템] 공효진 화보 촬영 비하인드, 공효진의 당당한 피부 자신감! [비오템] 공효진 화보 촬영 비하인드, 언제나 빛나는 그녀! [비오템] 레이튼 미스터와 공효진, 그녀들이 만난 이유는? http://vdisk.weibo.com/s/tdiYt_CSXey5H

http://vdisk.weibo.com/s/tdiYt_CSXey5u

http://vdisk.weibo.com/s/tdiYt_CSXexOi

Guest netongg

czakhareina

said:

@shusiusen ^__^
wow thanks for the warm welcome.
and hehehe I might just end up dropping by with some post compared to being a lurker...
anyway been meaning to ask this,but does anyone know where I can watch GHJ'ss movie with Ha jungwoo love fiction?

Gong Hyo Jin's Attractive Leading MenBY Julie Jones | Mar 18, 2014 10:43 AM EDTgong-hyo-jin.jpg?w=600
Gong Hyo Jin attracts talented, appealing leading men. And she just acquired another one.
In "It's Okay, It's Love," she will play Ji Hae Soo is a psychiatrist who identifies with and strives to understand her patients. And the patient she will best relate to will be played by actor Jo In Sung.
Jang Jae Yeol is a mystery writer and radio disc jockey that suffers from an obsessive-compulsive disorder. Those with obsessive-compulsive disorder feel compelled to carry out rituals that seem meaningless to others. His life will probably be defined by his disorder, much like Jack Nicholson's was in the film "As Good As It Gets."
Jo In Sung last appeared in "That Winter The Wind Blows," in which he romanced the beautiful Song Hye Kyo, and is also known for the film "A Frozen Flower," which he co-starred in with Song Ji Hyo and Joo Jin Mo.
Gong Hyo Jin's attractive co-star last year was the actor So Ji Sub. He said that he signed on for "The Master's Sun" because he wanted very much to work with her. He described her as a comic genius and also said she was as sweet and lovely in person as she appeared on camera.
"Hyo Jin is the reason I decided to get involved in the project," he said in a "Midnight TV Entertainment" segment. "She owes me dinner after the show."
In that drama she played a woman with the ability to see ghosts and he was the only man who could make them go away. The two had so much comic chemistry in the show it was easy to ship them. "Would you guys date for real," netizens kept posting.  But, alas, there was no real-life romance.
Cha Seung Won was another attractive actor who was eager to play her romantic lead. They appeared together in another Hong Sisters drama "The Greatest Love." In that drama, she played a member of a formerly famous girl group and he played an idol. The two clashed and then fell in love but only onscreen.
In real life, Gong Hyo Jin did date one of her co-stars. She dated actor Ryu Seung Bum, whom she met on the set of the 2001 drama "Wonderful Days." They starred together again in the comedy "Conduct Zero." They broke up in 2003 but remained friends and worked together in the film "Family Ties." In 2008, they started dating again and were both in "Dachimawa Lee," which was directed by his brother Ryu Seung Wan. But in 2012, despite being a favorite celebrity couple, they broke up again.
"It's Okay: That's Love" starts filming in April and will be shown this summer following "You're Surrounded." Copyright ⓒ 2012 KDramaStars.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.