Yoon Shi Yoon 윤시윤 | [Movie 2023 "When Our Love Remains As Scent"]

partyon

They could at least release it digitally or something. I mean, I know we can steal it anyway, but it costs almost nothing to release it like that. Or is it the fault of customers who always complain about everything, creating a lot of work, so it's too much hassle to release and take responsibility. 

The production company monster union and chorokbaem media have no intention to release a dvd set in the first place. I think this group of fans approached the production companies, and got that reply. So they release surveys to get ppl's reponse to show the production company that there are ppl who want it, but the response on survey hasnt been good, not enough to move the production companies i supposed? Therefore they are ending the campaign by this sunday. :(

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blackberrypie said:

Dong hyun bae (MC Drill) have been going for interview after interview, but none from YSY? :o wae? 

He didn't any after Mirror of the Witch, probably he doesn't want to talk about the low ratings :mellow: but also the other main casts haven't done any interview either.

• Like 4

interview's Yoon Shi Yoon last year - 2016

YOON SI YOON – GRAZIA JUNE 2016 INTERVIEW

Posted on July 2, 2016 by muchadoboutlove

Almost two years without him gracing our screens, Yoon Si-yoon has been making multiple strides right after completing his mandatory army service: he is currently starring in jtbc’s Mirror of the Witch and joining 2 Days 1 Night as the latest addition to the fixed cast after Kim Joo-hyuk’s departure from the variety. As his fan, I can say that my weekend has been blessed with his appearance on my screen from Friday to Sunday. He donned colourful (and sometimes questionable) clothes for Grazia and the interview has been released. Enjoy!

Come and See Me

Four months after his discharge from army service, actor Yoon Si-yoon is still as bright and dazzling as ever. Between his ambition to show his real self like a blowing wind in 2 Days 1 Night through his Yoon Dong-gu persona and his character Heo Joon in the drama Mirror of the Witch, both images of him faintly resemble the person Yoon Si-yoon.

yoonsiyoon+grazia+june16_1It has been almost 3 years since the last time we met. 

Have we met before this? I am so sorry. It seems that I have lost some of my memories when I went into army…since I underwent CBR training thrice there…Hahaha.

What is the best thing to you after becoming a normal citizen again post-army?

Of course it’s being able to do my job. There are different sources of worries. The job is as tiring and as worrisome as always, but the most important thing is I get to achieve my dream. I am willing to worry about and make an effort for it. I am happy although I have to worry about the work, because I am doing something that I want.

Is that the reason why Dong-gu in 2 Days 1 Night always seems happy?

When I did my first variety program with Barefoot Friends, I thought that since I was going into varieties, I should give my best. But for 2 Days 1 Night, the thought of showing my true self grew bigger. It doesn’t matter if I’m being cursed at or being praised; I want to show the thorough Yoon Si-yoon-like image and colour. Dong-gu is my real self.

People normally show the image of themselves that others want to see. 

That has something to do with self-confidence. Actually, in the past, after being accepted by so many people all of a sudden, I was afraid to show my natural self. Thus, I hid it. But then, an actor should be truthful about himself and able to express himself clearly to all kinds of people.

Why did you have that kind of thought all of a sudden?

While I was doing my service, when I thought of my 4 years of being active in the industry, I realized one thing. There are many images of me inside myself and if I can’t express any of them, will I be able to portray different characters in my line of work? I thought that the first duty as an actor and a celebrity is to be able to show both acting and image which are like myself to public. Hence, the reason I chose my comeback project was because it was most Yoon Si-yoon-like. Not because it is a cool role but because the role is closest to my true self. And the project is Mirror of the Witch.

Then why did you choose 2 Days 1 Night?

It is my first attempt and a courageous trial to show the closest image to my true self as a celebrity. Although it’s not something every actor need, for me, I was afraid of showing my true self to the public. I went into Marines because I was afraid of water, and I chose 2 Days 1 Night because I was afraid to show my innermost self to the public.

There are many comments saying that Dong-gu is too unrealistic. 

Although it’s endless positive image for now, later it will slowly evolve into an irritated image too. That one was slightly visible during the ping-pong game. I was just showing the exact image and thoughts I had at that time. Of course, when my whole image as a person is shown clearly, there will be times when I will be cursed at. But it’s okay, because it’s something I want to do.

How was the first filming? Didn’t you find it awkward trying to blend in with the other members who were already familiar with each other?

Maybe it was because of my lacking variety skills that I didn’t find it awkward. Because I was not in charge of being funny. (Awww is he implying that he’s not funny?)

yoonsiyoon+grazia+june16_2Do you read a lot of books in real life too? 

Rather than activities which exert energy, I prefer activities which involve thinking, like reading books and traveling. But I don’t really like studying. My academic performance is actually lower than my reading amount (laughs).

Studying and reading aren’t that different, right?

(Cha) Tae-hyun hyung always says that if the cast are to be judged from their reading habit, they would be seen as people who come from ordinary colleges. But he was actually my college senior (laughs). It’s just that I enjoy reading.

What do you usually think of?

To put it simply, everything. I thoughtlessly write down things which suddenly came into my mind or those staying on my mind. I feel happy and at ease just from looking at them, even when they are just doodles. I like the feeling when I can organize my thoughts in an orderly manner. The notes and doodles aren’t really for somebody to read anyway.

You will go on to publish a book at this rate. 

Eyyyy~ that’s not something that can be done by just anyone (laughs). (Like Kkae-geum?!) I prefer to separate my hobby and resting time. I think of everything opposite of the thorough day as my resting time. For instance, as someone who can’t stop thinking when talking with someone, ‘rest’ is when I don’t do thorough thinking at all. That is why I also enjoy playing video games. I also went for a fishing trip with (Jung) Joon-young.

That is an upright life of a young man. 

Joon-young said that it’s a nerdy life for nerds. But I want to add something to that. Voluntary nerd. I like that actually.

You must have read a book recently. What kind of book it was?

I read The Taebaek Mountains recently. Although the last book I read was actually The True Story of Ah Q, The Taebaek Mountains came to my mind when I thought of a book I have finished. I bought it at a secondhand bookstore to read it again.

Does your schedule draw you apart from your books?

There are instances where I read books with similar characters I am portraying to get into the emotions of the characters. In order to match my acting with much younger (Kim) Sae-ron in Mirror of the Witch, The Stars by Alphonse Daudet came to my mind. Thus, I take the motif from it and apply it into my acting.

What kind of motif did you incorporate into your acting to be exact?

There is love which transcends all time: there is love that makes two people grow together; there is love that blooms from the most unfortunate encounters. And then there is this kind of love that is borderline friendship and love. Perhaps, that kind of love doesn’t necessarily require the two of them to look at the same place while holding hands. With that emotions, I feel that I can portray the character of Heo Joon.

But then, people would always think of Kim Takgu first when they see Yoon Si-yoon. What does Kim Taegu mean to you?

It’s like Yoon Si-yoon himself. Just like people thinking of Mirror of the Eastern Medicine when they think of Heo Joon.

Like a proper noun then?

Yeah. People would think of Apple when they think of Steve Jobs. It’s something to be thankful of to be able to show one proper role of himself in his entire life.

yoonsiyoon+grazia+june16_3But that is not a good thing for an actor.

Normally, people would see a single image when looking at someone. I think of it as having actor Yoon Si-yoon expressing the colour of a person. Removing the image of Kim Takgu is a homework I am happy with. If I am able to show another image of me, that means that my own ability is getting better.

Now, it seems that you will be remembered as Dong-gu instead of Kim Takgu. 

Right? Yoon Si-yoon is being pushed into a corner….

Still, Dong-gu seems to fit you more (laughs).

You’re right, isn’t it analog-like? That’s me. I’m serious but I love comedy. I think that it is not right not to mix art with truthful laughter. It will just come out as being unfriendly. That is why I watch difficult movies, no matter how bad it is for me. If I am going to show the reality and convey it to the audience, they must be mixed properly with comedy.

Do you apply this too when you are choosing your projects?

Of course. All the projects I have done all this while have their own good messages to be conveyed through the story. That is also the reason why I love watching Stephen Chow’s movies. Be it Stephen Chow or Takeshi Kitano’s movies, there is comedy mixed into the movies; but if the message in the story fails to be conveyed, a movie will become a mere slapstick, gag show. But the movies are kind. That is the image I want to portray.

There are times when you are being overshadowed by others’ less serious approach.

There were instances where I would stop and think: “Why is he so good at making jokes?” “Why is he so playful? “Why is he smirking while talking?” I would also look less serious when I did that. It is okay to see me as it is at that moment, because that is also when I put in my sincerity. 

Do you mean becoming a fun but not too careless actor?

I’d like it if I can be someone who can make jokes and be a fun person. One day, I hope that I can share my thought and other things with other people but for now, I am not ready for it yet. That is also the same reason why I don’t write a book. Because I don’t want to mix laughter and comedy into it. It’s the same as having a ball hitting the beam instead of the goal, missing the real target.

Instead of Takgu or Dong-gu, when will we be able to meet another image of Yoon Si-yoon?

This is just my senseless and worthless philosophy. My points are still lacking. I look forward to and feel that it is possible for me to be able to carry the colour and mind of an actor, showing everything without any hesitation.

What kind of steps need to be taken in order for you to reach that phase?

“This role should be given to Yoon Si-yoon”, “As expected, it’s Yoon Si-yoon.” I will wait until I can hear these kinds of compliments. From one point to another, I will have to control my performance until it becomes a constant line and I believe that will be the moment for me to be someone who can act better. Maybe at that time, I will become another person with another image as a well-rounded actor. I still have a long way to go.

yoonsiyoon+grazia+june16_4How far have you come so far?

Maybe around 40~50% at the moment? I want to rake in more realistic points. Thus, I am showing my whole self. I don’t really know how far my talent can go but I believe that I will be able to reach that goal eventually (laughs).

Before you knew it, you’re already passing 30 years old.

No~ I am only 29 this year. It will come out if you do a quick search on Naver (laughs).

Do you think you will change once you enter the 30s?

I think I will be the same. I think I should be the same. There might be regression in some parts. People still think of me as young because of my boyish image.

Right. Your boyish image is still going on strong. 

It can be both advantage and disadvantage. However, a boy will become an adult and a man one day. For now, I am living as a boy until my growth into a man is complete. I want to focus a little bit more on my dreams and become more truthful in conveying my emotions at this moment. When a boy matures into a man as he lives, the public will eventually see him as a man. I can’t turn myself into a man just like that. I still think that it’s more fun living as a boy. Maybe it will be better to act like a man, with less talking and showing a splendid pose as one? To me, that is just like a comedy.

You are very clear when it comes to your wants.

Of course. I have my life planned according to its stage. Right now, it’s the stage of (gaining) experience. I’m experimenting by going on various dramas and varieties.

What is the next stage after experimenting with works?

I want to organize different images of mine, including those I portray through my works. Maybe I will show the image of educating people. That might come true when I reach mid-40s so I will work hard until then.

What will be the life of an actor to Yoon Si-yoon when you look back at this moment later on?

I always write this down when I give my signature: ‘I believe in the triumph of an honest man’. I want to live honestly without any dirty play. Honesty doesn’t necessarily mean good-natured. I want to live as somebody who can admit his wrong when he makes mistakes.

Credit to: GRAZIA Korea

YOON SI YOON – ARENA HOMME+ JULY 2016 INTERVIEW

Posted on July 20, 2016 by muchadoboutlove

After a long wait, Yoon Si-yoon’s interview for ARENA is out, at last! Too bad the magazine only shared small-sized images for the pictorial online, and I bet that there are lots of B-cuts they did not release :3 I guess we should be thankful that even with Mirror of the Witch coming to an end last week, we still get to see him every Sunday on 2 Days 1 Night. Enjoy the interview!

Yoon Si-yoon, No Matter What They Say

31-year old Yoon Si-yoon’s dream is, as always, an icon of hope.

yoonsiyoon+arena+july16_1

The time gap between your discharge from army and your comeback was very short.

I really wanted to work. I was impatient. It was through working nonstop from my debut that I found myself and my own worth. It was like losing myself when I couldn’t work while I was doing my service in the military.

It must have been an unfamiliar time for you.

Yes, that’s right. I am a person who will feel comfortable planning things in advance; someone who will think and ask questions, putting effort instead of lazing around. Army service seemed to have suppressed that side of me.

Still, it feels that the person Yoon Si-yoon is even more apparent than before: someone who is intensely doing his own soul-searching. 

That’s what I feel too. I’ve become clearer, in the sense that I try to thoroughly eliminate the parts that are not like myself and show the real me. It is easier to abandon and adopt them compared to before.

yoonsiyoon+arena+july16_3We would not ask what were the things you abandoned. What were the things you have adopted?

In the past, I would try to cover my flaws. But then, after getting into the professional world, I come to realize that it’s more important to turn those flaws into merits. Covering our flaws will actually make them even more glaring. Hence, my thoughts have changed. I adopted and fully embraced my flaws. I’d rather show different sides of me, including those I have never shown before.

2 Days 1 Night is a program with being tricky and stretched fun as its core. Now, you have created a rhythm that is totally different compared to the first time Yoon Si-yoon appeared on the show. The members even commented that you are a strange kid. 

Haha. Am I really strange? Those unique people are actually saying that I am the strange one..

If we are to talk about Yoon Si-yoon’s attitude in variety program, it is kind of strange. Your usual kind of fun is different and rough, plus your funny parts do not feel ordinary. It has been a while since the last time we saw a healthy and positive character who throws in a few laughs on a variety program. 

I don’t really know if I’m really a healthy and positive person. I think that the word that describes me the best is ‘analog’. I’m simple like an old machine. My objective is simple and I really can’t be excessive. It’s also like that when it comes to romantic relationship and dating. I’m someone who can’t do sophisticated pickup lines. (HAHAHAHA!)

You always say that you are not a refined person. You even mentioned in one interview that you are not someone who is fit to act out a refined character. 

I certainly want to become an actor who can act well one day. But now, I think that saying I want to act well is an arrogant statement for myself. The best thing I can do at the moment is to show an acting without any lies. Only through that, people should get to know me, and I should try to find myself by brushing up the ‘me’ inside myself. That’s why, after brushing up myself, I find out what kind of person I really am. I’m still far from being a refined person.

yoonsiyoon+arena+july16_2Suddenly, words from High Kick Through the Roof‘s PD Kim Byung-wook come to our mind, “Yoon Si-yoon carried the gaze of a 1980s boy who falls in a one-sided love”.

Yes. If I am to fall in love again now, I will fall into that kind of feeling. Heo Joon’s character I portrayed in the drama Mirror of the Witch was exactly like that. He went back and forth even when he liked someone, and he didn’t really know what he should really do to make that person he liked happy. (Like…a clueless boyfriend type?)

Heo Joon became a wild playboy for a short moment in Mirror of the Witch. Is that image far from your real image?

Wah, no. Why did you think like that? Do you think I only play Korean shuttlecock game (jegichagi) to pass time? (LOL XD)

Well, you do seem like you will pass time healthily.

To tell you the truth, that’s exactly what I do; each time I’m stressed out, I will go to comic store to read lots of comic books, watch movies, or visit art galleries to release my stress. That’s why I enjoyed acting out the wild Heo Joon. He was surrounded by and even buried under the ladies…haha! (I’m dying at his cheekiness kekekeke)

Heo Joon is this kind of person who will throw himself out to be sacrificed for the sake of the person he loved. Is this close to your real self?

It’s close. I mean the point of loving someone wholeheartedly. But then, someone who loves like this is, in the end, longing to receive that kind of love from the person he loves. I’m neither a very selfless nor pure man; I’m just a lacking man. (Awwww) I wanted to convey Heo Joon’s shortcomings and his way of loving someone with sincerity. Giving his all, wishing that the person he loved would never leave his side; that kind of love. (Now I’m sad thinking of Joon and his bittersweet love with Yeon-hee ㅜㅜ)

Isn’t that the most basic form of love?

You’re right. That’s the form of love that I do. Hence, I wanted to express that image through Mirror of the Witch.

yoonsiyoon+arena+july16_5Your drama comeback through Mirror of the Witch as Heo Joon is like having you stand up and declare that you are acting as your own self.

I didn’t view Mirror of the Witch as a historical drama. To me, it was just a fantasy drama. Fantasy is a fiction with the freedom to tell any kind of story. There is no restriction on how the story will go on. It is a good place for an actor to find answers by himself and having faith in the story as he goes on.

Although it was a fantasy drama, the viewers acquired a sense of reality from the drama through the characters portrayed by Yoon Si-yoon and Kim Sae-ron. 

Both (Kim) Sae-ron and I are gifted with brightness to our image. Conversely, no matter how heavy and dark it was; no matter how hard it was to save the characters in the story…either way, we both carried unique colours thanks to that brightness. Mirror of the Witch‘s story line was sad and dark. Even when the characters were driven deep into the darkness, our brightness and the light through our characters’ relationship in the drama made the drama more vivid. That seemed to be the roles entrusted to me and Sae-ron in the drama. The director said that he fully entrusted the role to me, believing that I would be able to express my real feelings through the drama. ‘Do it just like what you’re thinking. Your words are right.’ That was what he said. Those words gave me great strength.

Do you still think that a project that is warm in people’s eyes suit you the best? Could it be that the reason for it was because of the image public associates you with?

I want to live as someone who is seen as and associated with warmth. Hence, I’m putting more effort to become a warm person. The inclination to do projects seen as warm is actually the dream of human Yoon Si-yoon as an actor. Human is the most interesting thing in the world to me, and human is the warmest thing in the whole world.

That is something we have not heard for a long while. No, I think it is the first time we heard something like that – human is the warmest thing.

Human can be the seeds of conflict too. But then, I believe that the answer and solution to the conflict is within the human too.

yoonsiyoon+arena+july16_4In the past, there was this dream which you had as an actor. You wanted to become the keyword for hope. We want to ask: do you think that having such a positive and healthy outlook will enable you to conquer the world? Do you truly believe that?

Hope is, in my opinion, when we have our respective roles in our own lives but we still live with beautiful minds. Even when life doesn’t go well, I wish that with significant thoughts, it will be a source of hope to conquer the world. Have you seen the movie Inside Out? Isn’t it the most beautiful thing to see different emotions – happiness, anger, sadness – all mixed up in one’s life? I wish I could express it again and again that all lives matter and equally beautiful, especially through dramas.

Since when you changed into this firm person you are today?

Only my words are firm; I am still very green, full of anxiety, terror, sadness, fear, and dread. I worry for my next project and then worry about saying wrong things. Nowadays, I’ve come to realize some things, little by little. At one point, when you start to act according to what you’re aware of, isn’t that the moment you will become a real adult?

Where do you think you are at this point in the whole life as Yoon Si-yoon?

Right now..just like I’m done with warming up? At the moment of yelling out ‘Okay, good. Now, let’s go!’ I’m at the point where I have stretched my body to find out exactly what I can and cannot do. For instance, these days, I have decided to show properly the countrified side of me. I’m really a countrified person. I’m unnecessarily serious and I would be serious like that even when I’m meeting women. I wish I can be smooth at making jokes. (Just like someone I know… )

Credit to ARENA HOMME+ Korea

• Like 9

I think there are other factors in increasing the rating of a film or show further than just well doing it ... Like the time of broadcasting, the chance and form of promoting ... how arranging and managing related items in a proper way .... But i think the most effective factor is the power of some authorities in this industry that their opinions has the main effect on ... 

Maybe It's better our Yoon choose a good agency which could provide him with good offers and effective promotions ... I don't know much about this kind of things , just an opinion ...( 

Anyway I know there are so many viewers who really get delightful by watching his nice acting as well as his unique charming ...

Really rare one could have such healing effect as his below pic  ... The effect of Yoon Si Yoon ... 

Edit : Pardon me Yoonies .. while submitting my post my internet got disconnected so the pic could not be uploaded ...:)
  • Like 3

I have always wondered maybe it's a good idea for our YSY to be part of Blossom - since he's close with CTH already... I know YSY is very loyal... and so is CTH, so I'm sure something can be arranged so Blossom also hires YSY's manager and his stylist etc. 

I think being part of Blossom would do wonders for YSY... and I also think Blossom seems to be a good fit for his personality also. 

Hopefully CTH enjoyed working with him so much on TBH that he sees the potential and would make that suggestion!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, eunsungjisung said:

Instead of Takgu or Dong-gu, when will we be able to meet another image of Yoon Si-yoon?

This is just my senseless and worthless philosophy. My points are still lacking. I look forward to and feel that it is possible for me to be able to carry the colour and mind of an actor, showing everything without any hesitation.

Well, he certainly have managed to successfully create another image... Ddabong-i! I hope he realises it... well, if he continues to hide how will he know? Haha.

on a separate note, YSY should be gg for another 1N2D filming tomorrow? Hoped he rest well, and cant wait to see him soon on 1N2D!!! 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, joyue_1 said:

I have always wondered maybe it's a good idea for our YSY to be part of Blossom - since he's close with CTH already... I know YSY is very loyal... and so is CTH, so I'm sure something can be arranged so Blossom also hires YSY's manager and his stylist etc. 

I think being part of Blossom would do wonders for YSY... and I also think Blossom seems to be a good fit for his personality also. 

Hopefully CTH enjoyed working with him so much on TBH that he sees the potential and would make that suggestion!

Somehow, i get the feeling CTH didnt guide YSY as much as he did to the other actors. Maybe he did give him some pointers, but i feel their relationship seems more like CTH acknowledges YSY's acting skills and talent as his equal. It seems like CTH trust YSY to portray the role to the best on his own ability. Its just a feeling i get watching the BTS clips. Of course, thats heavily edited as well, so we never really know. 

In any case, if their relationship is that close, i dont think it'll make any difference for YSY to join Blossom or not because YSY could always seek CTH for his opinion or advice, even without him joining Blossom.

I'd rather YSY be free to choose the role he wants in his own agency. I think that was the reason he chose to start his own agency in the first place. Like he said in his speech at Ehwa, he may start with small steps and detours, but every experience counts and he will get there in the end. 

• Like 7