[Official] JYPE USA Tour Auditions 2009 [10/25 - 11/24]

Guest love=music=life

Guest candycorn

were any dancers asked to sing?

what if you want to show off your singing & dancing?

but emilyyt said that if you sing, you don't freestyle.

so how am i going to show both?!

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Munchkins

were any dancers asked to sing?

what if you want to show off your singing & dancing?

but emilyyt said that if you sing, you don't freestyle.

so how am i going to show both?!

First of all, you shouldn't post the same question in every single topic.

But to answer your question, dancers were asked to sing ONLY IF THEY GOT ASKED TO STAY BACK.

You can only pick one category so pick the one you're best at and if they want to see more, then they may ask you to do your other choice too.

Guest pimpinelephant

I had just recieved my confirmation email from JYPE I got my registration number and it tells me to print out the number. What do i exactly print out? o_o the entire email? or do i copy the number and print it elsewhere? o_o

Print out the Application Form, and then fill that out. Write down your registration number anywhere on that application. Remember to bring the application with you to the audition! And now you're all set.

Oh yeah, I should also mention that you actually don't need to do the above. You get new registration numbers at the audition so basically the registration number you got in your email doesn't really mean anything. Although, you do get higher priority over the walk-ons for who gets to audition first. You can also apply at the audition, so the whole email process doesn't really mean anything since it's not required.

Guest rokusan

i saw posts saying that

that judge lady really cuts people off only a few seconds after, like 15-30 seconds.

if you actually got to sing or do whatever you were supposed to do for more than a minute,

does it mean anything special?

cuz ther was this girl in my group who got to sing for more than a minute, but she wasn't called back, but there was this this dancer guy who did less than a minute but got called back. Everyone who auditioned in my group were cut off really quick unlike that girl who sang.

Guest pimpinelephant

i saw posts saying that

that judge lady really cuts people off only a few seconds after, like 15-30 seconds.

if you actually got to sing or do whatever you were supposed to do for more than a minute,

does it mean anything special?

cuz ther was this girl in my group who got to sing for more than a minute, but she wasn't called back, but there was this this dancer guy who did less than a minute but got called back. Everyone who auditioned in my group were cut off really quick unlike that girl who sang.

I would assume that people who were able to sing or do whatever for more than a minute are better at what they do than the people who were cut off prematurely. So to answer you're question, does it mean anything special, yeah of course it does. It means you don't suck as much as the other people. =p lol jk

Seriously though, being able to go for longer than a minute is always better than getting cut off early. It means the staff actually likes what they are hearing/seeing, or at least I would assume that, who knows, maybe they just think you're hot and want to watch you do you're thing. =p lol

As for the getting called back, you shouldn't look too much into it. They honestly don't really mean anything. They just want to see more from you because they weren't able to see enough from the initial audition. Maybe they wanted to see you do something else because they thought you weren't that good in the initial audition but looked as if you could be better suited for something else. But anyways, think of it this way, if you do well in your initial audition, but than blow it in your callback audition... Well, that would just flat out suck. =p lol

I got a quick question

For dancing do they cut you off quickly or do they let you dance the whole minute

I guess that would depend on how good you are. If they like what they see, they'll let you keep dancing for the entire minute. But if you start making a fool of yourself, they're definitely going to cut you off prematurely. =p lol

Guest pimpinelephant

I know SM doesn't like people singing SM artist songs during the auditions..but does that go for JYP as well???

No, you can sing any song you would like. The problem is if you butcher their song, than I can guarantee you that JYP and the crew will definitely hate you. lol

Guest aesthetica

a really quick question: were there alot of people who were acting? and if there was, what were they asked to do besides monologue? and for impromptu acting, do the judges tell you what to do, or do you just randomly do something? (haha, sorry, this is my first time) oh, and what if the judges don't stop you but you've already done a minute monologue? AND, if the judges do tell you to stop, after they tell you to stop, do you jsut awlk off the stage or off to the side?

haha sorry for all these questions ><

i just want to make sure i dont screw up :P

Guest emilyyt

So does jype give decisions on dec 15? Also when would call backs be?

they give decisions BY dec 15, but AFTER the audition tour is over which is november twentysomething..

Guest Rei_Asuka

a really quick question: were there alot of people who were acting? and if there was, what were they asked to do besides monologue? and for impromptu acting, do the judges tell you what to do, or do you just randomly do something? (haha, sorry, this is my first time) oh, and what if the judges don't stop you but you've already done a minute monologue? AND, if the judges do tell you to stop, after they tell you to stop, do you jsut awlk off the stage or off to the side?

haha sorry for all these questions ><

i just want to make sure i dont screw up :P

uhh from what i remembered when i was at the audition, they just told us to go on the stage and just do w/e you were supposed to do. They'll stop you if you take too long. and they don't ask you to do anything else. When they tell you to stop you just walk off.

They want to get through everyone quick, so they said not to introduce ourselves and just to start right away. So all you do is recite your monologue. and remember they aren't judges.. they are just people to record you.

Guest Skittles1200

Here's how it went down.

I was number 12 and i danced to a mix of songs i created. I was the first one out of my group. After i was done, the judge lady looked at the translator and gave him a slight nod. He said he wanted me to dance again and put on "Boom Boom pow". So i danced (Oh, i totally landed an awesome double pirouette too!) After that the director lady (The woman with black, shoulder length hair) came and marked my number with a "2 and another Korean hangul word". After this she told me to come back later at 2 o'clock because they wanted to see me and another model perform again. At two, i came back and noticed that they where auditioning at around number 290. out of these almost 300 people, only me and two other models were called back. once again, i was first and danced, and sang. I danced to "shawty get loose" and sang an english version of "hot issue" by 4minute. It was quite nerve racking because when i was dancing, the judges called all the volunteers and other judged to come watch too. And, when i was singing, the judges were smiling ALOT (Probably because it was so horrible.) Anyway, this is really a testament to the shorter people who want to audition. I'm about 5'5 and it really is about talent and not looks. Also, on a side note, JYP himself, stated that he looks for personality and charisma.

Oh, and I'm not Korean.

Here are some tips from me and my dancer friends:

1. Do not eat anything anything before the audition, do not even drink too much water, it will just weigh you down.

2. DO NOT drink milk, milk is so heavy, it will hake you want to throw up.

3. People may hate you for this, but, you have to let people know that you want this. If you have to act like a total Bi-otch, then do it.

4. Do something new, the judges have been there all day long, they WILL cut you off if they feel like they've seen your moves before. Especially girls, most girls basically shake their bodies and that's it.

5. STRETCH, go on youtube and find some ballet stretches or SOMTHING!

6. Dont wear something ridiculous, for example, alot of bracelets, suspenders or heels (Unless you can dance in heels).

All of these things will just weigh you down and WILL get tangled.

7. Get inspired, I personally love Kaba Modern, Fany pak and We are Hereos.

Archived