[Official] JYPE USA Tour Auditions 2009 [10/25 - 11/24]

Guest love=music=life

Guest smilesunwoo_

I just auditioned a few days ago, and there weren't that many people acting. There was more of the singing&dancing. They were all so good.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm about 5'5 and it really is about talent and not looks.

Also, on a side note, JYP himself, stated that he looks for personality and charisma.

3. People may hate you for this, but, you have to let people know that you want this. If you have to act like a total Bi-otch, then do it.

4. Do something new, the judges have been there all day long, they WILL cut you off if they feel like they've seen your moves before. Especially girls, most girls basically shake their bodies and that's it.

Hey (;

I can see that they called you back for your talent in dancing,

but I think that they might have also liked your looks too, am I right? :)

Oh & about #3, what do you mean by that? Just wondering :D

& for #4, you think it be okay to be a little entertaining too?

I mean if the dance is a little creative & funny it won't hurt would it? lols.

But of course I wouldn't over do it haha, wouldn't want to embarrass myself. :P

I would be REALLY happy if you replied back, because you seem to have a great opinion. ^^*(:

Guest idoldreamer

is it true that u have no chance at all if you don't get a callback on the same day? i thought I knew the audition process very well. I thought it didn't matter becuz JYP and his staff were going to look at all the tapes in Korea anyhow. also, I remember hearing something from a JYP audition volunteer that someone got picked a few years back who didn't get a callback the day of auditions. please reply if you know a definite answer. thanks in advance!

Guest Skittles1200

Hey (;

I can see that they called you back for your talent in dancing,

but I think that they might have also liked your looks too, am I right? :)

Oh & about #3, what do you mean by that? Just wondering :D

& for #4, you think it be okay to be a little entertaining too?

I mean if the dance is a little creative & funny it won't hurt would it? lols.

But of course I wouldn't over do it haha, wouldn't want to embarrass myself. :P

I would be REALLY happy if you replied back, because you seem to have a great opinion. ^^*(:

Yes, I would say that they pick people because of looks and talent.

#3: Dancers and Models are catty. We basically want to get there and prove that we can do what you just did only 10 times better. Dancers have to walk in there like they know what they are doing and like they are expirienced. Becasue lets face it, I'm not sure if many of these auctioneers are formally trained.

#4: If you dance is entertaining, you should be fine.

Guest Skittles1200

@skittles1200 are you a boy? and what race are you?

ha, I'm a Boy.

And im Asian.

My ethnicity is Hmong. (Hmong people are and ethnic minority in Thailand and Laos.)

Guest emilyyt

I have a question. :D

About how far away from you were the judges? Like 10 feet? How far from the camera? :D

Thanks! (:

yeaa about 10 ft or something xDD

and the camera was like right next to the judge so yup..

Guest carrotcake

I know this is probably a stupid question, but if we're auditioning to model, do we have to wear heels? On the first page, it said you shouldn't if you don't know how to walk with heels, and I don't so iunno.. Also are we allowed to wear make up?

Guest pimpinelephant

is it true that u have no chance at all if you don't get a callback on the same day? i thought I knew the audition process very well. I thought it didn't matter becuz JYP and his staff were going to look at all the tapes in Korea anyhow. also, I remember hearing something from a JYP audition volunteer that someone got picked a few years back who didn't get a callback the day of auditions. please reply if you know a definite answer. thanks in advance!

looks like you already answered you're own question. lol

ha, I'm a Boy.

And im Asian.

My ethnicity is Hmong. (Hmong people are and ethnic minority in Thailand and Laos.)

sorry, but the first thing that came to my mind was gran torino. lol

I know this is probably a stupid question, but if we're auditioning to model, do we have to wear heels? On the first page, it said you shouldn't if you don't know how to walk with heels, and I don't so iunno.. Also are we allowed to wear make up?

about the heels, it looks like you already answered your own question too. lol

and of course you can wear make up! why wouldn't you be able to wear it? just try to remember to not wear too much.

Guest carrotcake

^

Haha, flats it is. do we need to bring music to walk to & does anyone have any tips on catwalking/posing o_o? Like do they want serious poses or like playful poses?

Guest angel_cutie

^

i saw some playful and serious poses =PP

umm... as for music they, just put on a random song..

i cant remeber which one they used for the girl in my group though

Guest chuubasa

Just print it and bring it to the audition place...

I emailed my application to usaaudition@jype.com

but I got a failed notice email....

what should I do?

Guest yennerz

I emailed my application to usaaudition@jype.com

but I got a failed notice email....

what should I do?

Did you try emailing them with a different email address?

If all else fails... just show up! :D

Good luck!!! :D if you're going to ny.. maybe i'll see you there! :D

Guest audacity

So, apparently my friend's friend who lives in LA got in JYP, but i read a few pages back that they don't start the final selection process until the entire audition tour is over and it's only been a day...

also, are there "rounds" cause she said her friend went through rounds and eventually got in for singing and that she's going to debut in three years. could this really be true?

So, apparently my friend's friend who lives in LA got in JYP, but i read a few pages back that they don't start the final selection process until the entire audition tour is over and it's only been a day...

also, are there "rounds" cause she said her friend went through rounds and eventually got in for singing and that she's going to debut in three years. could this really be true?

I'm pretty sure there's rounds or an elimination process even for those that make it through the audition, If everyone was taken in as a trainee at the end of every audition for every year the companies would have a lot of trainees on their hands.

And even the ones that make it to become a trainee, they might also need to go through a process to get put into a group. There were many trainees that were suppose to be put in certain groups but never made it. To name a few, So Yeon of T-ara was suppose to be in SNSD, Hyun Seung of BEAST was suppose to be in Big Bang, Do Joon from BEAST was suppose to be in 2PM/2AM.

Archived