[Official] JYPE USA Tour Auditions 2009 [10/25 - 11/24]

Guest love=music=life

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chooniex

^ ZZIIIINGGGGG hahaha that was pretty harsh but yet I think we all know it's pretty true D:

Can someone tell me why there isn't a JYP San Francisco Audition thread????? D: but if there is, can someone tell me? Because it's this upcoming wednesday!!! Just wanna know who else is heading out to Oaks.

Guest love=music=life

So I said that my last post would be my last official post, but I lied haha this is my last post...

Recap of the LA Auditions:

• -There were a total of roughly 480 auditionees of all ages and ethnicities
  • -The audition was scheduled to end at 2pm, but they ended up ending at around 5pm
  • -For those of you who didn't figure out who I was... I was the girl who was in charge of the waiting room that was right before the actual audition room.
  • -Earlier in the day, we had 10 people at a time in the audition room, but later in the day we started having 20 people in the room at a time, due to time constraints...

UPDATES & TIPS for ALL Locations!

• -You are only allowed to audition for ONE category. If you prepared for more than one, just do whichever one you are most confident in.
  • -They will try their best to make it limited to 10 people at a time in the auditioning room.
  • -If you are auditioning in a group, you do not have to tell the staff in the auditioning room. Just go up together when it is your turn. However, tell the staffs that give you your numbers so that you will be in the same set of 10 auditionees
  • -Online applicants will get priority when registering, HOWEVER, you will get new numbers when you register the day of the auditions.
  • -Please don't forget to fill out the "survey" asking you where you heard about the auditions from. AND don't forget to check the soompi box! ;)
  • -Be prepared to wait for a LONG time. So bring water and maybe even some snacks, just in case your wait time goes through the lunch hour... (We had a lot of hungry auditionees in LA)
  • -For ALL categories, there are NO self-introductions. So as soon as you step in front of the camera, start performing.
  • -Speaking of camera, look at the camera throughout your audition. If you are not used to singing/dancing/acting while looking at a camera, practice so you don't get camera shy the day of the audition.
  • -You may or may not be given an entire minute to perform so don't feel bad if they cut you off really quick.
  • -The two OFFICIAL JYPE staff members running the auditions are the Head Manager and Assistant Head Manager of the Casting & Training Team, so although they may not be the only ones making the selection decisions, you most definitely want to impress them.
  • -Dance auditionees: Please know which track your song is on AND if you can please cut your music to start where your dancing starts because the staff may or may not be able to fast forward your music for you.
  • -Models: You will be asked to walk and to do 3 different poses at the end...
  • -The final selection process will not begin until the ENTIRE Audition Tour is over.
  • -Those who have been selected will be contacted via phone or email. They will not be announced publically.
  • -PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE memorize your lyrics or monologues!
  • -Unfortunately you will not be able to keep your numbers as souvenirs because they will be reusing them at the following audition locations.
  • -Make friends with your fellow auditionees. It will make the auditions a LOT less nerve wrecking if you do.

Guest victorv87

sigh.... OK as long as i know i CAN audition. :D Thats good enough for me.

Guess it wont be hard to stand out. This is gonna be soooooo awkward.

crap...maybe i shouldnt go. UGGHHHH its tomorrow :wacko:

Guest candycorn

i know i asked this somewhere else, but i don't remember where i posted it so,

does jyp staff prefer the auditionees to sing english songs over korean songs?

i read somewhere that they prefer english songs...

because it would make sense because i just feel like Park Jin Young (the head dude) WOULD prefer english over korean songs.. maybe not... can somebody clarify this?

Guest InspiredCat

This is just my personal opinion...If you're not a Korean and you have good Korean pronounciation, I think it would make a better impression to sing in Korean. ESPECIALLY if you are white, kuz they will probably assume that of course you can speak and sing English. But even if you are a non-Korean Asian, it just makes sense to me. Your voice will sound the same regardless of the language, but showing that you have the passion to have learned decent Korean pronounciation is a logical thing to me. If you're auditioning in the hope of debuting in Korea and all, why wouldn't you sing in Korean??? It can be a mistake too though, if you have poor pronounciation so it really is hard to say for sure!

Again, my personal opinion. I could be totally off the mark on this.

Guest panic07

^ ZZIIIINGGGGG hahaha that was pretty harsh but yet I think we all know it's pretty true D:

Can someone tell me why there isn't a JYP San Francisco Audition thread????? D: but if there is, can someone tell me? Because it's this upcoming wednesday!!! Just wanna know who else is heading out to Oaks.

I'm going to the the oakland auditions.... ^_^

Guest victorv87

I'm going to the the oakland auditions.... ^_^

me too. Still haven't picked a song.

I'll be the one who umm.... Doesn't fit in :/

Guest lee.jjiang.rin

srry 4 trouble again but how do you think I should do my audition...as MCing/VJing?

u said no self introduction but when your doing MCing dont u do it automatically?

Guest rachellovee

Just a quick question [probably has been asked already but it's 12 AM, too tired to go through pages XD]

I'm auditioning @ SF tomorrow, and I still haven't filled out the application. Can I register @ the place physically or does it still have to be online?

Second question-

When they say for singers "[without MR]" does that mean I have to prepare a CD with background music/vocals, etc?

Thank-you! ^^~

Guest emilyyt

Just a quick question [probably has been asked already but it's 12 AM, too tired to go through pages XD]

I'm auditioning @ SF tomorrow, and I still haven't filled out the application. Can I register @ the place physically or does it still have to be online?

Second question-

When they say for singers "[without MR]" does that mean I have to prepare a CD with background music/vocals, etc?

Thank-you! ^^~

u can register onsite (at the place)

and singers: without MR<--music recording

its acapella so no CD or music

Guest rachellovee

u can register onsite (at the place)

and singers: without MR<--music recording

its acapella so no CD or music

Oh okay. Thank you! :) If I do register there, should I go real early? And is it alright if I print out my application instead to register with?

Woohoo~ I've been preparing acapella XDD

Guest emilyyt

Oh okay. Thank you! :) If I do register there, should I go real early? And is it alright if I print out my application instead to register with?

Woohoo~ I've been preparing acapella XDD

hmmm which one r u going to?where?? yeaa go early..gonna get crowded..if u live in a big city hahaXDD

like LA<--i went there T.T yea just bring the application:)

Archived