Palty Hair Dye 411

Guest ayoboo

i just got a new haircut and its super layered, yet really long.

i wanted to color the underside and im considering using palty bleach.

if i use the bleach one

04img002.jpg

will it damage my hair a lot?

and does anyone have a pic of palty bleach results?

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4594&st=100

Batgirl bleach her hair and it came out liek that, mayeb you could ask her a few things about bleaching =]

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GENKII_T0KII

GENKII_T0KII

Are you sure that you can save half the dye in separate bottles? Even if they ARE separate.. I never thought that would work.. please reply.. I might try this!

Yea it works, and it saves money too! Just as long as the TWO do not mix then you can keep it in the bottles for a long while, or at least untill it expires =) but dont keep it in a heated place, keep it room temperature or put it in the cabnet in ur bathroom ^^.

You live in Portland too? B)

I saw some Palty at the Beaverton Japanese store. Its really big, I think its called Uwajimaya? Or something like that. They have the new colors too ^^ You just have to go to the far right side of the store where they sell cards/hair products/oriental stuff.

I wanna buy some around december. Hope you find it okay.

OMG! I was asking my frends about owajimaya!! LOL cause I had a a huge hunch that they would sell it there since its a big place. Thanksss for the confirmation kaka. But its a pain to have to drive up all the way to beaverton... its so far.. T_T. And if I do buy some I'll probably stock up on a load of boxes #_# <-- hair dye freak. Anyways thanks!!

Oh wait do u happen to know which bus to take there? sicne yaknoe u sorta live in portland i presume? LOL.

mine turned out horrible...............only my roots dyed. and it was BRIGHT orange...and really noticable. had to have my hair tyed up for months =(

and this is only because i dyed my hair black before trying palty >_< never dye your hair black. its a pain to fix if you want another colour.

Guest Ms_Kitty

i got one box of palty and i have really long hair [goes down to middle of my back] do i really need two boxes??

and anyone who's had experience want to explain how to do it WELL?

You live in Portland too? B)

I saw some Palty at the Beaverton Japanese store. Its really big, I think its called Uwajimaya? Or something like that. They have the new colors too ^^ You just have to go to the far right side of the store where they sell cards/hair products/oriental stuff.

I wanna buy some around december. Hope you find it okay.

Gah!! You live in Portland?!?

They seriously have palty there? How much is it?

And where is the Beaverton Japanese store?

I mean, it's in Beaverton, but can you give me an address please?

mine turned out horrible...............only my roots dyed. and it was BRIGHT orange...and really noticable. had to have my hair tyed up for months =(

and this is only because i dyed my hair black before trying palty >_< never dye your hair black. its a pain to fix if you want another colour.

Did it affect only your roots because you concentrated on just your head. WHen I dyed my hair the first time I was concentrating on my roots and head because that's what I'm use to doing even when you shampoo you keep coating your head hair and not the hair all over. So the next time I did it I concentrated on all of the hair. You have to be good at spreading it evenly over all your hair which is why it's better if someone helps you do it.

If you notice in professional salons, they use a brush to apply the dye because it spreads the color on the hairs more evenly than your hands. It always shows more on the top of your head so make sure not to concentrate only around the parts you can see.

yes and as long as you don't mix it together you can same it once you mix the two together it starts expiring right away. But if you have long hair you won't have enough to save any.

Guest WitchGoddess

OMG! I was asking my frends about owajimaya!! LOL cause I had a a huge hunch that they would sell it there since its a big place. Thanksss for the confirmation kaka. But its a pain to have to drive up all the way to beaverton... its so far.. T_T. And if I do buy some I'll probably stock up on a load of boxes #_# <-- hair dye freak. Anyways thanks!!

Oh wait do u happen to know which bus to take there? sicne yaknoe u sorta live in portland i presume? LOL.

Gah!! You live in Portland?!?

They seriously have palty there? How much is it?

And where is the Beaverton Japanese store?

I mean, it's in Beaverton, but can you give me an address please?

GENKII_T0KII I don't really ride buses. My parents occasionally drive there to shop. Sorry I can't be of help. :(

Faiera

They do have palty at Uwajimaya :) It really is cheap there, about $9.

Address:

10500 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale HWY

Beaverton, OR 97005

Phone: (503)643-4512

Directions:

From Portland:

• Take US-26 W

• Take Exit 69A to OR-217 S (Beaverton/Tigard)

• Take exit 2A (OR-8/CANYON RD./OR-10)

• Proceed straight through the first intersection

• Turn left at the second signal onto Beaverton/Hillsdale Highway (OR-10)

• Uwajimaya will be past the third signal on your right

From I-5 heading South:

• Take I-5 S to Exit 302B (BEAVERTON/US-30 W/ST. HELENS.)

• Take Exit 1D to US-26 W

• Take Exit 69A to OR-217 S (Beaverton/Tigard)

• Proceed straight through the first intersection

• Turn left at the second signal onto Beaverton/Hillsdale Highway (OR-10)

From I-5 heading North:

• Take I-5 N to Exit 292A/OR-217 N (TIGARD/BEAVERTON)

• Stay in the immediate right lane

• At the first stop light (OR-10/ Beaverton-Hillsdale), take a right

You can also go to mapquest.com to get more detailed directions. The store is usually open everyday.

Hope that helped both of you. :D

Guest -- CRYSTAL.

does anyone know color i should get if i want a very dark brown? i don't think i can go too light since my eyebrows are VERY dark no matter how thin they are.

Guest GENKII_T0KII

GENKII_T0KII I don't really ride buses. My parents occasionally drive there to shop. Sorry I can't be of help. :(

Faiera

They do have palty at Uwajimaya :) It really is cheap there, about $9.

Address:

10500 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale HWY

Beaverton, OR 97005

Phone: (503)643-4512

You can also go to mapquest.com to get more detailed directions. The store is usually open everyday.

Hope that helped both of you. :D

Puwaha I went on a palty craze =P

Thanks ^^. I had my friend drive me there, took about 25 mins.

Guest courtney

Palty1.jpg

does anyone know what's the name of color #1?

credits to ??? for pic.

number one is called 'pale sepia'. if anyone else wants to know hair color names, i can help.

also, for you socal people..you can go to marukai (torrance/gardena) or mitsuwa (costa mesa/torrance?). i went to mitsuwa and saw it today, however, marukai will be cheaper.

hope that helps :)

Guest 321stars

Questions...Why is there two colours on the example hair? And when you dye it, do you have to bleach your hair with the Palty bleach? or can you just straight dye it on black hair?

i have the same questions! & also has anyone used peach brown before?

Guest annieme25

does anyone know color i should get if i want a very dark brown? i don't think i can go too light since my eyebrows are VERY dark no matter how thin they are.

then try natural brown or honey brown. natural brown is darker i think.

Guest swtaznangel

i liek da Milk Tea light brown color...but then my mom wont lemme dye my hair becuz she said it'll "damage my hair", which i dont believe for this hair dye...*sigh* moms these days

that may be true with palty but i've dyed my hair many times with the american drugstore brands and they give you more than enough! many times i've had to throw away the remaining because there was so much...even though i've thoroughly saturated all my hair with many many layers of dye, the top still comes out lighter...i just dyed my friend's hair (not with palty tho) and i took a blow dryer and heated the bottom part of her hair and when she washed it out it matched the top part of her hair...don't blow dry it too much tho otherwise the bottom will be lighter than the top...

mmm that's never happened to me and i used lots of american and asian products. my mom usually puts the dye all over my hair, twist it in a bun, leave it for however long, then wash. its always the uniform color.

Archived