Palty Hair Dye 411

Guest ayoboo

Guest Pinkclouds

OMGG. If you want to dye your hair AND you have long hair, BUY TWO PALTY DYE!

I just dyed my hair in Milk Tea Tart, and now my head looks horrible because there wasn't enough hair dye to dye my whole head! T__T

The top of my head have the milktea color, but the end is somewhat black. ><

AHHHHH, I don't know what to do. Should I buy another one tommorow and JUST dye the end?

Would that be weird? OR, should I dye my hair back to black? x_____x;;;

I'm not sure if I should use the dye too because I feel like my head is "burning" from the dye (like when I was leaving it on)?

Is it suppose to feel like that? Help. :(

the same exact thing happened to me!!!!!~ i think i need 3 boxes...

but htat would be like 30 bucks

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GENKII_T0KII

OMGG. If you want to dye your hair AND you have long hair, BUY TWO PALTY DYE!

I just dyed my hair in Milk Tea Tart, and now my head looks horrible because there wasn't enough hair dye to dye my whole head! T__T

The top of my head have the milktea color, but the end is somewhat black. ><

AHHHHH, I don't know what to do. Should I buy another one tommorow and JUST dye the end?

Would that be weird? OR, should I dye my hair back to black? x_____x;;;

I'm not sure if I should use the dye too because I feel like my head is "burning" from the dye (like when I was leaving it on)?

Is it suppose to feel like that? Help. :(

Just telling you, usually if you have a sensitive scalp then dying your hair OR leaving the dye on your hair for too long will give you a burning sensation. It depends though, do you have thick or thin hair? Dandruff or no dandruff??

As for your hair, dont dye it back to black cause it'll just fry your hair even more, since the top of your hair is now coated with tiny amounts of amonia ( most hair dyes have it in them ) so just go to a salon and have them check it out, sometimes they can dye the bottom the same color as the top ^^ or go for a fob style and get your hair layered and have the top lighter then the bottom XD.

But if your really going to re-dye your whole hair black again, then I suggest you condition well and avoid straightening or curling or anything heat related to your hair after you dye it black.

Urr. hope that was somewhat of a help? >_>

Oh and heres some small info for those who dont know how much quantity (# of boxes) to buy.

And some hair dye tips I guess? Its really common sense but yea ^^.

[ 2 BOXES ] THICK SHORT HAIRED PEOPLE:

If your hair is past your ear by 4 INCHES ( any shorter then that get 1 box) get one box. For people that want full coverage ( like under your hair too / your whole head all hairs the same color ) get two boxes. Or if you just want like the first couple of layers of your hair to be colored then use 1 box.

[ 1 BOX ] THICK SHORT HAIRED PEOPLE W/ DANDRUFF OR OILY HAIR:

OILY HAIR :

Suggested that you leave the dye on for 15 - 20 mins longer then the box says. That is if you want it REALLY REALLY LIGHT then leave it on for longer, but you shouldnt leave the hair dye on longer then 1 1/2 hrs. Because hair dye stops working at a certain point when it gets cold. NOTE: Be sure to keep peeking at your head to see the color or else hair might be TOO bright from your expectations.

DANDRUFF ( THIS IS ONLY FOR THE BLEACH USERS ) :

Since your scalp is very sensitive from the skin flakes that come off ( dandruff ) or small amounts of skin powder ( powdery dandruff ) it's best that when you dye you keep watch on your scalp because small bumps may appear ( varies on scalp ) but keep a handy squirt bottle full of COLD not ICE COLD but COLD water. When bumps appear or burning sensation occurs spray spot with water. But KEEP IN MIND THIS STOPS THE HAIR DYE PRODUCT! So ONLY spray that spot if it changed to the color you want. It's your choice.

[ 2 BOXES ] LONG THICK HAIRED PEOPLE:

People with hair slightly above nipple length, suggested that you get TWO boxes. For people with long hair it's suggested that you work from the top to the bottom ( apply a little more at the top ) because the bottom is fairly more thin. Results should start at top then gradually work its way down, but if you want you can always apply some at the top then work quickly at the bottom up.

[ 1 BOX ] SHORT THIN HAIRED PEOPLE:

Thin hair has it's disadvantages, ( with it being so thin ) try not to rub the dye into your hair so forcefully during the process, ( this is when your done with the top ) because your scalp is very sensitive. Also since the hair is thin hair dye will work quickly since there isnt much bulk. Of course it's common sense that you only need to use one box. But follow box instructions on desired color.

[ 2 BOXES ] LONG THIN HAIRED PEOPLE:

Even though with your hair being thin, its best if you use at least TWO boxes, because theres alot of coverage. But it depends how long your hair really is, if it is about elbow or nipple length then use 2 boxes for COMPLETE and best results in full coverage. If you just want a light touch of color and coverage use 1 box.

[ 1 BOX ] LONG THIN HAIRED PEOPLE W/ OILY/DANDRUFF :

OILY HAIR: Thin oily hair is a trouble when dying your hair, about 1 box should do it, considering the oil flattens out your hair and it's easier to apply the box. Same rules apply, for absolute and reassuring full coverage get TWO boxes, make note that you can always measure the limited amount of hair dye you mix!

DANDRUFF ( BLEACH USERS ONLY ) : Get two boxes, because like I said before, it matters on how much coverage you have really. But always be sure to check your scalp for damage! And for long hair you really should get someone to help you.

EXTRA - RE-TOUCHING YOUR ROOTS / CONSERVE :

If your just redoing your roots then I suggest you buy a bottle and then only pour HALF of the contents together in a bottle and the rest of it you should leave in the original containers. That way you can store away half of the hair dye contents without it having to explode, because its not mixed together yet.

If some of you dont understand I'm saying.

Divide everything in half, and buy a seperate bottle ( sallys beauty salon or wherever ) for like 65 cents. Mix half of everything into that bottle. So you still have half of everything else in theyre original container ^^ and what way you save hair dye so if you ever want to re-touch your roots again you dont need the pain of buying another WHOLE bottle of hair dye.

EXTRA - Thin & Thick Hair. Color Boosting!! Non-Bleach ONLY ( You will need another person to do this )

( Because if you do this with bleach your hair will just be all sorts of shades )

For extra color lift you can always dye your hair the professional way like the hair stylists do. ( I do it this way ) First you will want to cut out 4 INCHES WIDE X 6 INCHES LONG. strips of foil. (you can make them wider or longer depending on hair length ) Or you can be lazy and head to a hair or beauty store and buy the foil strips precut ( also if u visit there you can ask for helps and tips from the workers . Remember! they are professional and know there stuff! ) Moving on.

2nd divide your hair into sections and you can either put the hairdye on like shampoo and just put it everywhere then wrap the foil around certain parts of your hair that you want then sit around or whatnot.

OR You can carefully divide your hair into smaller and smaller sections while putting on the hairdye then wrapping the foil around it, while you sit and wait for the color to develop. By putting the foil onto your hair it helps the chemicals develop, and foil works very well with heat since it absorbs it and directs that heat toward the item ex: hair,chicken, whatever.

TIME: You may want to leave the foil intact for half an hour or so? Depending on the color. But if its a regular light shade that doesnt contain bleach then I suggest 45 minutes. But always keep checking on the color development ^^ so if you must leave it for 1 hr and a half. Dont go overboard to 2 hrs..

HIGHLIGHTING:

If you want nice showable highlights, use foil when your doing highlights w/ bleach or non bleach. It really boosts up the coloring ^^. And I'd say leave it in for about half an hr more for non-bleach and for bleach about half an hr? or you can just keep constantly checking on your hair ever 20 minutes.

Well yea hopefully that helped someone in life. It's my hairdye knowledge from the past and present from when I dyed peoples hair and myself.

If used elsewhere please alert me >_> also feel free to ask me questions or whatever.

I'll be back to reply and what not XD and search for hairdye keke.

BTW I really want milk tea tart.. or that one silverish color =__=

Does anyone know where I can find some in Portland Oregon? ( USA )

Cause I really dont feel like ordering online or from soompi -_- too much shipping.

^GENKII_T0KII: I wish someone posted this before. x_x

I don't think my hair is thick, nor is it thin. So it's normal?

My hair IS layered, I think the hairstylist call the the "French Cut" or something.

It's just that it looks so WEIRD having the top part of the hair so bright, and the bottom part so dark. -_-

I wouldn't mind it if it's the other way around.

Maybe I'll re-dye it tommorow, or maybe I'll wait for a week since my scalp may not be able to handle it? lol

i know EXACTLY how you feel

I did the natural bleach and the bottom was darker.

Dont buy another milk tea to try and get the bottom. It'll be too hard to match the color on top.

I just ended up dying my hair back to black =/

I was worrying about the matching too. ><

Argh, now I don't know what to do. I miss my black hair. =`(

i have short jet black hair and i used palty's peach chocolate w/o any bleach whatsoever.

i didn't think it would do much to my hair but..... i underestimated the product. my hair is EXACTLY like the lightest shade depicted on the peach chocolate box. now, my eyebrows don't match my hair color.

Guest corisu23

sometimes the reason why the top of your hair is lighter than the ends is because your head is producing heat and heat makes the dye to become lighter....you know when some stylist use foil and wrap it around strands of hair to give it highlights?? the foil actually traps the heat inside so that the highlights can be lighter than the rest of the hair....and the ends of your hair is darker b/c there is no heat there even though it is coated well with dye...happens to me all the time but i don't really care much about it cause there's nothing i can do...

Guest kimchibabygurl

i am waiting for the day when i can dye my hair..still schooling..can't dye! wastons personal store in Singapore is having a sale for palty products..

Colour foam now $8.90 each [u.P $12.90]

Men's hair colour now $7.05-$8.90 [uP $11.05-$12.90]

Ladies' hair colour now $ 10.20 - $12.05 [uP $14.20 - $16.05]

All prices are in Singapore dollars..

Guest Batgirl

sometimes the reason why the top of your hair is lighter than the ends is because your head is producing heat and heat makes the dye to become lighter....you know when some stylist use foil and wrap it around strands of hair to give it highlights?? the foil actually traps the heat inside so that the highlights can be lighter than the rest of the hair....and the ends of your hair is darker b/c there is no heat there even though it is coated well with dye...happens to me all the time but i don't really care much about it cause there's nothing i can do...

OR.....its because we were dumb enough not to buy two boxes and ended up concentrating all the bleach on the top of our head

How many washes till the permanent ones wash out?

lol. Its called permanent for a reason

GENKII_T0KII

Are you sure that you can save half the dye in separate bottles? Even if they ARE separate.. I never thought that would work.. please reply.. I might try this!

Guest corisu23

OR.....its because we were dumb enough not to buy two boxes and ended up concentrating all the bleach on the top of our head

that may be true with palty but i've dyed my hair many times with the american drugstore brands and they give you more than enough! many times i've had to throw away the remaining because there was so much...even though i've thoroughly saturated all my hair with many many layers of dye, the top still comes out lighter...i just dyed my friend's hair (not with palty tho) and i took a blow dryer and heated the bottom part of her hair and when she washed it out it matched the top part of her hair...don't blow dry it too much tho otherwise the bottom will be lighter than the top...

How many washes till the permanent ones wash out?

permanent does not wash out...however the sun or your shampoo can fade the color a bit..

GENKII_T0KII

Are you sure that you can save half the dye in separate bottles? Even if they ARE separate.. I never thought that would work.. please reply.. I might try this!

as long as you don't mix the two...i usually buy a separate empty bottle from the beauty stores and pour half of each of the two mixtures and mix it in the empty bottle...that way the remaining can be left unmixed in their original bottles and use the bottle you mixed the two in to dye your hair with...sorry if this is confusing...but if palty does give you as little as what others are saying then i guess you wouldn't need to use just half...

Guest Batgirl

that may be true with palty but i've dyed my hair many times with the american drugstore brands and they give you more than enough!

its not "may be" its yes its true with palty. LOL The issue really isnt with the american brands, its with palty. Hence the title. Palty gives you about a little over half what drug store brands give you. So for any girl wih hair past their shoulders, they have to go two boxing.

Guest swayingdandelion

okay, i finally tried this. i bought the number 2 from that girl who was selling it a while back. i was really scared at first because i had never colored my hair before. i left it in my hair for 30 minutes, i have short hair (ends right at the bottom of my neck). the color ended up being the dark color that is shown, not the lightest. the top of my head is the lightest, but not so bad, it blends in well with the rest of my hair. i really like how silky my hair felt afterwards =) i'll post a pic up later

Guest __CHINA.DOLL

okay, i finally tried this. i bought the number 2 from that girl who was selling it a while back. i was really scared at first because i had never colored my hair before. i left it in my hair for 30 minutes, i have short hair (ends right at the bottom of my neck). the color ended up being the dark color that is shown, not the lightest. the top of my head is the lightest, but not so bad, it blends in well with the rest of my hair. i really like how silky my hair felt afterwards =) i'll post a pic up later

if you wanted it to be lighter you should have left it for an hour :P

Guest WitchGoddess

BTW I really want milk tea tart.. or that one silverish color =__=

Does anyone know where I can find some in Portland Oregon? ( USA )

Cause I really dont feel like ordering online or from soompi -_- too much shipping.

You live in Portland too? B)

I saw some Palty at the Beaverton Japanese store. Its really big, I think its called Uwajimaya? Or something like that. They have the new colors too ^^ You just have to go to the far right side of the store where they sell cards/hair products/oriental stuff.

I wanna buy some around december. Hope you find it okay.

show pic pic plss !!im glad this thread is still running =]

i have short jet black hair and i used palty's peach chocolate w/o any bleach whatsoever.

i didn't think it would do much to my hair but..... i underestimated the product. my hair is EXACTLY like the lightest shade depicted on the peach chocolate box. now, my eyebrows don't match my hair color.

care to show a pic ?! ^^

Guest corisu23

its not "may be" its yes its true with palty. LOL The issue really isnt with the american brands, its with palty. Hence the title. Palty gives you about a little over half what drug store brands give you. So for any girl wih hair past their shoulders, they have to go two boxing.

well with swayingdandelion she doesn't have hair pass her shoulder and the top still came out lighter than the bottom...how do you explain that?? i'm not saying that one box of palty is enough...even if you use two boxes the top will still come out slightly lighter than the bottom because of what i previously explained.

Guest BR1TT4NYy

i just got a new haircut and its super layered, yet really long.

i wanted to color the underside and im considering using palty bleach.

if i use the bleach one

04img002.jpg

will it damage my hair a lot?

and does anyone have a pic of palty bleach results?

Archived