[breaking News!] Jaebeom Quits 2pm ! :(

Guest Mimiluvsu

The whole issue reminded me of something happened to KATTUN a japanese boys band, they debuted in 2006 and just after 6 months, they were doing great in the music scene, akanishi jin, a member wanted to leave to study in teh US, he left , the other mmebers continued their activities, but after 6months, yes, he decided to comeback, and all after taht is just history.

It's true that Jay has left in different surconstances but the one can hope he would comeback even after a year!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest damifino

the difference between jaebeom and the girl who started this is vast. he was a kid with a bad temperament and wrote these personal comments to his friend out of frustration. on the other hand, this girl exposed him to purposefully bring him down and to cause pain to his bandmates and to himself.

i can forgive jay because his comments weren't made to destroy korea; they were foolish statements made to his friend to express his anger in his situation. but right now, i can't forgive that girl because of her terrible intentions from the start. didn't most of the netizens only forgive him when they realized that they almost destroyed another career? (i say "almost" because i'm sure he will come back :))

If you really want to take that route, one could argue that the magnitude of the statements is different... Jaebum's statement was, intentionally or not, directed at all of Korea and its citizens while "her" statement (since we still don't know if that is real or something an anti wrote to start a fanwar) was only directed at Jaebum and his fans. Seriously though, what's the point of saying what's better or worse? They were both wrong.

And there seems to be some misunderstanding here on Soompi... "most netizens" in Korea HAVEN'T forgiven Jaebum. It's the fans who have become vocal and are speaking out. While most netizens were surprised that he so abruptly left the group, they think he got what he deserved. Some don't think it was enough.

And there seems to be some misunderstanding here on Soompi... "most netizens" in Korea HAVEN'T forgiven Jaebum. It's the fans who have become vocal and are speaking out. While most netizens were surprised that he so abruptly left the group, they think he got what he deserved. Some don't think it was enough.

If they still haven't forgiven him after seeing all those messages he wrote saying good things about Korea, the ACTUAL translations, all those letters from people who have known him from before, and everything else that has surfaced recently, then I don't know what to say. It wasn't enough? You must be kidding me. They are truly heartless.

omg! I just knew this today! as in today! wah! Jay is my favorite! I'm gonna miss him. It only shows how people can be cruel. Come on, everyone deserves a second chance. Jay must of course pay (sorry guys I don't know a better word for it) for his mistake but he deserves another chance. People do mistakes. I still believe Jay will comeback in Korea and in 2PM. I believe in that!

Guest happigo_lucky

Your real fans will catch you when you fall!!! don't give up! yes study music here in US, but trust me...you're already big in Korea, don't let your mistakes take you from the big picture, your lime light! Until you return to korea...Fighting!!

And really? netizens can kiss everyone of 2PM fans a$$!!! All that matters is that we fans forgive him! its not like netizens are the ones who represent Korea either!!! Who gave them the right to drive JayBeom away!!!! those r-tards!

what are they going to do? Get back at me and drive me away from my computer? I hope you netizens read this and try to kick me out!!!!

SUPPORT JAYBEOM FOREVER!!!! NO REST until he feels he can come back!!!!

In the mean time...ATTACK THE NETIZENS!!!!

Reasons?

1. they drove out Jay beom

2. They're trying to get G-dragon

3. they suck!!!

4. they just suck!!!

BRING JAY BACK!!!!

wtf is happening? im so upset and so confused. whats up with the whole jyp saying that jaebums not coming back .. or is that my misintepretation of his official statement?

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

Okay. Guys, you need to pause and think.

(And for the record, since people are taking me WAY too seriously -- this is all my opinion. I, in no way, represent Jaebeom's thinking process)

1) So Jaebeom will come back in months or maybe years... then what? He's going to perform on a public stage and everyone will be okay with that because antis will be extinct over the next couple of years?

Not really ... They're going to shout nasty dirt to him. They're going to egg him. They're going to chant and rid him of Korea again and again. They're gonna vandalize whereever he's going to stay. Antis aren't logical. But the consequences of him coming back is predictable. He's going to be tormented.

2) So Jaebeom comes back and reunites with 2PM (if 2PM can manage to survive this fatal damage to their band). Antis will attack the members too, and do you think Jaebeom will be ignore something like that?

3) If you fans care and you fans aren't 100% sure of what Jaebeom is thinking RIGHT now --- did it ever occur to you that... hmm... America is a better, calming, safer place for him? He could continue back with his old life. If anything, girls in Seattle will all want a piece of Jaebeomness because he was an ex-kpop wonder. And if he is scared and feel threatened to come back to Korea -- let him stay in America.

It's the truth. We all know that he might be happier in America in the long run.

* In Korea, he may live his mother and his own dream (whatever his dream may be) but he will be miserable... because antis do NOT all of the sudden disappear.

^

the antis might do all of that.

but you don't really know if he'll be happier in the long run. NOBODY knows except for jaebum. heck, i bet that jaebum doesn't even really know right now. i'm thinking that he just has mixed emotions and wants some stability because of the last few days. seattle is his home and will always bring him comfort and stability, but there is a chance that he will miss korea for whatever reason despite the negative things that have happened to him.

and EVERYBODY has antis. who doesn't?

First time posting here...

But no one knows if Jaebum will be miserable more in the US or Korea. I don't know why people are assuming his own feelings all on their own, no offense.

There is a side that can argue he should come back because he loves 2pm and his fans, but there is also a side saying he should stay in US to stay away from antifans + rest.

However, in my opinion, even if he does come back he can fight against the anti's by ignoring them and continuing his activities with 2pm. Look at another group (I won't name any- but it is a girl group) that received a lot of criticism and anti-fans that one year that they were even boycotted. They managed to pull through and they're now receiving a lot of love.

I'm just waiting for some kind of official statement clarifying all the questions floating around.

Guest angelixer

Good for him to visit and be surrounded by family right now.

He should go back to Korea at one point.

Threats are just words at this point.

Unless it turns physical, there's really no need to worry.

Whether he decides to stay in the US, I hope it'll be for the right reason.

Too bad the whole idol phenomenon is about thriving off of what people say about you.

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

^

the antis might do all of that.

but you don't really know if he'll be happier in the long run. NOBODY knows except for jaebum.

Yeah. I mean, of course I don't know if he's happier in Seattle.

But the same goes for his fans.

They can't say that their 100% if he really wants to come back to Korea.

And yeah, every famous person HAS an anti.

But has it ever gotten so far that a petition for the person to commit suicide receives 3000+ signature.

This case is completely different. What happened this week isn't grouped with other singing group and their antis. Jaebeom made a statement in 2005 about an ENTIRE country. So... like I said, Seattle is sounding like the better choice every day.

But no one knows if Jaebum will be miserable more in the US or Korea. I don't know why people are assuming his own feelings all on their own, no offense.

However, in my opinion, even if he does come back he can fight against the anti's by ignoring them and continuing his activities with 2pm. Look at another group (I won't name any- but it is a girl group) that received a lot of criticism and anti-fans that one year that they were even boycotted. They managed to pull through and they're now receiving a lot of love.

I'm just waiting for some kind of official statement clarifying all the questions floating around.

I had to cut some stuff out but lemme restate what I told the above person.

And yeah, every famous person HAS an anti.

But has it ever gotten so far that a petition for the person to commit suicide receives 3000+ signature.

It's agreed that this "ANTIFAN MOVEMENT" is different from any typical one in the past, correct? You and everyone else can agree on it that much.

And yes, of course, I am not assuming anything about Jaebeom. This is all obviously MY opinion. But fans on this thread are saying "come back to Korea. Perform. Come back to 2PM" --- but right now, does it make sense? Of course, I can't tell the future. But its more likely a hateful action WILL be done against publically. Is it wrong to assume that much? Or am I completely wrong?

And yes, I stated a whole slew of stuff -- which is my opinion. I'm not projecting my opinions, saying the "oh yeah, Jaebeom is totally thinking this right now" I mean, where did I say that? No, I'm saying that "IF YOU FANS AREN'T 100% ABOUT WHAT JAEBEOM IS THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW... THINK ABOUT (insert my entire previous post)"

Yes, no offense. But yes, I'm offended. I clearly put the whole "think about it" pep talk in a "what if" tone. And its clearly my own opinion.

Though, I think you're talking about this line?

It's the truth. We all know that he might be happier in America in the long run.

I wrote MIGHT.

There's a chance for everything -- like he MIGHT like Korea better. he MIGHT go back to college. he MIGHT return to JYP. he MIGHT be crying right now.

But logically, you think he WON'T be miserable if he went to Korea RIGHT now? Am I assuming too much to make such a statement.

^

well, it is different, it is.

but even if he's gone from korea, those people will still criticize him. when he comes back, those people will still criticize him. they will be there, REGARDLESS.

but it's up to jaebum if he feels like that he wants to rise up above that dark phase in his life.

and i'm saying that right now, nobody knows. they can assume that he's feeling better in seattle right now, which is his HOME, so of course, but they can't assume what he will decide in the end. seattle may seem like the better choice, but we aren't the ones deciding. jaebum will have to.

and not ALL fans want him to come back now. a lot of fans are jst saying "PLEASE COME BACK" as a reminder that their fans are there if he comes back. i think they understand by now that he wants to be home.

and some people will take you a little too seriously because why not? it's a forum, regardless of it being a k-pop forum. but i hope that you weren't thinking that i was trying to offend you because i wasn't...just saying what i wanted to in response...

Guest 1nn0xsmile

if Jae thinks too much about antis, and better stay in U.S like some of u said

then, what about supporters, why no one cares about supporters and hottest

We need Jae! we want him to be happy, but again everyone has antis

and im sure Jae has lot of supporters, im one of those ppl that want jae to come back

we'll stand n fight together

like what happend to Dbsk, they have so many antis. those antis even tried to attack u-know by poisoning him

bad thing happened and good things return due to everyone effort

it's not the same situation, i know. but just to let everyone remember that antis are cruel but that means we cant give up.

Saying Jae should stay in U.S, to me, is like giving up on him.

I remember Jae said that the person who can save his career right now is his fans. he endured 4 yrs to debut and finally his dream came true, he seems so happy performing on stage and doing variety shows activities,

but in that dream suddenly appeared so many ppl who hate him.

he return to his home with sadness, and left the rest of 2pm. I dont want to believe this.

im not offended, i understand that everyone has their own feeling, some of u wants him to stay. that's ur own point of view and concern

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

and i'm saying that right now, nobody knows. they can assume that he's feeling better in seattle right now, which is his HOME, so of course, but they can't assume what he will decide in the end. seattle may seem like the better choice, but we aren't the ones deciding. jaebum will have to.

and not ALL fans want him to come back now. a lot of fans are jst saying "PLEASE COME BACK" as a reminder that their fans are there if he comes back. i think they understand by now that he wants to be home.

and some people will take you a little too seriously because why not? it's a forum, regardless of it being a k-pop forum.

Oh I totally respect what you're saying.

Yeah, but I'm just saying, I mean --- in my OWN opinion (insert entire previous post)

And yes, I now see that "PLEASE COME BACK NOW!", to me, though it sounds like its asking too much, its a really good reminder to show how much of Korea still wants him back. Okay, thanks for mentioning that.

I know people will take me seriously. But I mean, some people (not you) are saying that whatever I'm posting here is what I'm projecting to be Jae's thinking process ... when clearly, its a scenario that I created in my own opinion. Just saying... I guess I have to sprinkle "in my opinion" in all my post and put a disclaimer all over the place. lol.

like what happend to Dbsk, they have so many antis. those antis even tried to attack u-know by poisoning him

bad thing happened and good things return due to everyone effort

Oh yeah... I really did forget about that.

Yes, an anti tried to actually kill someone.

That's another example of how crazy antis could be.

Guest she-smiles

Okay. Guys, you need to pause and think.

sorry for cutting your post short.

reality. a lot of fans are currently in denial much.

i wish i can keep dreaming, but i honestly don't think he is returning.

*sigh*

but on the other hand -

those (the antis) who started this whole mess are already feeling guilty,

though i doubt that they can speak for the rest of the hundreds of antis.

damn them.

Guest Aesthetic_Chinese

honestly, jay can't leave his brothers. i think around christmas time, jay will give us all a great

christmas present && we'll see him on the way back to korea.

park jaebeom will come back as a stronger artist. 2pm will have the strongest bond against all the

other groups. 2pm will become the rising stars of asia

Yes, no offense. But yes, I'm offended. I clearly put the whole "think about it" pep talk in a "what if" tone. And its clearly my own opinion.

I don't know why you're offended...It wasn't even a direct statement at you. I was stating my opinion as well.

I'm just saying that it's his choice if he wants to stay or not. And he has already said he has plans to come back to Korea anyway. I don't know if he'll follow through, but we'll see.

Guest x_lisaa_1

point blank, we don't know what is going to happen. the only person that honestly knows is him, plans or no plans in the future, nothing is for certain. as much as we support him and want him to come back, at the end of the day he is who he is. he will always be jay park and no matter how optimistic we are, we still have to be REALISTIC- he might not come back and if he doesn't come back then so be it. we as fans have to take a step back and realize that he is only human and he is only doing what he has to do, no amount of pressure from fans or family will ever convince him to do something he doesn't want to do.

Guest superjihyeee!

Antis don't disappear but some forget. Some turn into fans, and others kind of get drowned out by fans.

Look at how many antis SNSD had their first year. Everyone thought they were going to disband. But then with their comeback of Gee, the number of fans increased exponentially and the antifans didn't have much impact on the fandom right now.

Saying that, "oh, Jay should stay in America because when he comes back he'll be bashed regardless," is illogical thinking. He's getting huge amounts of support in Korea AND the states right now, and people's minds change. Just because you're an anti one day doesn't mean that you'll be an anti five months later.

Ugh.

Maybe I'm just a "fan in denial." Maybe I just can't get over the fact that the leader of my favorite boy band has left. Maybe I'm still reeling from the fact that this whole fiasco happened over a span of 4 days. But even so, I don't need people coming up to me and telling me that I need to wake up and smell the coffee because they think I'm overreacting. I'm sorry, but I need time to come to terms with his sudden departure. If you're over it, then just step back and let me accept this in peace. Geez.

(oh and that last paragraph isn't directed towards anyone in particular. People have been saying some pretty insensitive things on twitter/aim so i'm venting here.)

Guest v3rmillion

...this kinda reminds me of Edison Chen & his picture scandal.

but then people weren't crazy enough to start suicide petition going against Edison, and Edison's kinda been returning to the entertainment scene.

hopefully Jay knows that there are a lot of us still supporting him.

Archived