[breaking News!] Jaebeom Quits 2pm ! :(

Guest Mimiluvsu

Guest _unnie_24_

Omg.

This thread totally made me tear.

I'm not a fan of JaeBum, but i like him.

Can't believe he's practically forced to leave Korea.

What is actually stupid is the suicide petition.

This is stupid.

Stupid.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PenguinANDTiger

Do people honestly think Jay did nothing wrong? Not a thing? Because although I support him making a return to Korean entertainment and 2PM, I don't think he is blameless. Please don't misunderstand me, I understand that he was homesick, and it was a very hard time for him. But a person still must be held accountable for their actions. He did do wrong by posting it on a PUBLIC place, that was his error. His thoughts, his feelings, are understandable but Korea is a country that is very proud, even if he is having these fleeting feelings, he shouldn't have posted them accessible to everyone, especially since he was to debut as a korean celebrity...It just wasn't smart move by him. Does he deserve everything he has gotten? Of course not. That suicide petition nearly broke my heart, I can't imagine being in his shoes...I hope he didn't read it (And I also don't know if I can find forgiveness for whoever started the petition - I can forgive the girl who apologized, but that petition maker? Ehh...it's too close of a subject for me to forgive someone who can throw around suicide so lightly...=/) but some of the criticism, I understand, because he insulted a nation of people and didn't take the care to make sure those feelings wouldn't reach those very citizens who idolize him.

I hope Jay comes back though, and stronger. If I was gonna follow any boy band, I know without a doubt it would be 2PM cause they seem like pretty awesome dudes. But, if his heart is not in being a Korean entertainer, I don't think he'll be back. And I can't blame him for that. He should first take care of himself, sort everything out and decide if 2Pm is where he wants to be....Otherwise it's best for him to just follow his heart, and find something that makes him truly happy.

You also have to understand that at the time, he was still very young, almost a teenager. Teenagers are bound to make silly mistakes. Honestly, who knows what the context of what he wrote on his MySpace is. He may have said that out of frustration or stress, or maybe the pressures of being a trainee finally got to him. Besides, it sounded like a joke anyways. Don't we all say "America is GAY" sometimes too? Or that "Americans are stupid", or things of that nature? Do we really mean it seriously in that way? Probably not, and even if we did, we are easily forgiven because these things should not be taken so seriously anyway. That is where we should all stand for Jay. He never knew he'd be a big celebrity someday, so his past is coming back to haunt him. It is just a really unfortunate event here.

Guest My Sweet September

^I do understand that. It was a mistake, and I think he should be forgiven from it. All I am trying to express is that he is not completely blameless. That's the realities of being a celebrities, you have to be careful about each and every move you make. He was a trainee, so he had to know that someday, he was gonna debut...and that someone was gonna read it, eventually. It was just an unwise move on him, for which he received a very harsh punishment for. And say America is gay, isn't really saying the same thing as Korea is gay. Americans tend not to be quite so proud, I am not saying that is a bad or good thing, it's just the way things are. In America, you can say MY country, but in Korea, it's OUR country. It's a very big difference, the mentality of korean citizens and american citizens.

I mean I totally understand why he may have said those things, but it doesn't mean his actions (posting it publicly) were the correct thing to do. Especially if you're gonna be a Korean idol.

With that being said, I don't want people to misunderstand me and think I am advocating for all the things netizens did and said. I only can understand why people would be upset, I do not understand the death petitions, or why people wouldn't be able to forgive him. Because he was young, and we all do make mistakes. He apologized, and honestly that should have been enough.

I think...if Jae came back, he would still be successful. He may have racked up some anti's (but look at Tiffany from SNSD...and they're still doing really well.) but I think most people have enough understanding and compassion to forgive him.

I hope, that while he is in America, all of this boils over and cools off, so he can eventually return to 2PM. What he did...it should not be enough to end his career. Hopefully he takes the time to clear his head, spend time with his family and friends, and realize that he has a lot of supporters rooting for him. Heck, even I am rooting for his return!

whats the matter of forgiving her, i think people should think at jaebeom first, does he really wanna come back after those incidients? or is it ok for him to forgive? it doesn't really matter wether the fans, the supporters forgive the antis, it's still about jay. o.O

He was a trainee, so he had to know that someday, he was gonna debut...and that someone was gonna read it, eventually.

Sorry for cutting your post but I just wanted to make a point that just because you are a trainee, it does not guarantee that you are going to debut. There are trainees that train for years and don't make a debut.

BUT I'm not saying that Jay is blameless. Just that he didn't even know if he was going to debut or not. Regardless, he shouldn't have made such comments on a public website.

It's unlikely that this is going to blow over any time soon, but when Jay does come back I hope that Koreans and Netizens can look past his mistake and forgive him. People all mistakes and I believe he should be given a second chance.

Guest 미쌩908

Ok... I'm not saying Jaebum is blameless, but he did write it FOUR years ago... Personally, it's just ridiculous to drag all that up and then make a big deal out of it. You'd have to dig pretty hard for those posts, not to mention, that he also wrote a lot of other posts afterwards talking about how he liked the country.

I mean, yes, people should realize what they put on the internet can always come back to haunt them, but it was 2005 and it is now 2009. If this was yesterday or even just last year, heck, I'd probably be saying something about his stupidity, but four years ago?

Some things don't need to brought back up again, and for me this was just one of them.

Guest infinityx

I DONT FORGIVE HER ACTIONS.

She had an underlying motive--- to ruin someone else's name.

FORGIVE JAY? YES.

FOR MANY REASONS.

For one thing, it's simply because of Korean and American cultures clash. Heck, I even make fun of my country sometimes. But I still love it.

WILL HE COME BACK?

YES.

That's my hunch.

The guy's too damn talented and hot to be wasted away.

WHAT IF HE DOESNT?

HE HAS TO.

After all, he has more fans than antis.

I trust that antis, patriotic as they may seem, have become more open minded once they see JYP's letter.

Have a nice little breakaway, Jay. In Seattle you will have more time for yourself. Time for your family. Time to think, and time to enjoy your day as an ordinary guy. No pressures, and tiring schedules. No JYP ordering you around to practice till 2am. *pun intended*

Anticipating the day you come back A BETTER MAN. :) <3

Next time you decide to "quit" 2PM, hold a press conference with the hottest!!!!

You were too sudden, you almost left us Hottest at the verge of hysteria thinking you had quit. (It's just a breakaway, people.)

I reckon Jay would be able to read my post, though.

Ah, the tragedy of anonymity.

I think most people in Korean are mostly Christians but why can't they forgive him like their faith mandated. Even if they decided to, it is too late now.

Things will eventually die down.

This thread, as well as all the articles about this issue will slowly fade into old posts

And JYP will bring Jay back.

We'll all move on, and think of that time when there was so much chaos, and chuckle... while listening to new 2PM music

But does anyone else find this whole event to be the quintessential image/definition of Korea? I find it very sad...

Guest hearty06

i really did cry in the vid coz of the fans crying...although i'm not a bog fan of him. but as a fan. i know what they felt.

oh so sad...i hope he'll come back.

doesn't mean he had to post such insulting comments on a public site.

seriously, you're asking people to understand his point of view, have you ever try to see it from the 'netizens''s point of view? their whole culture is very patriotic i would say, and they're being insulted.

Jaebum made a mistake, so did all those netizens. stop acting as if your jaebum is above everything, and that only your jaebum can be forgiven and others cannot >_<

can fans just be happy that he's taking a nice break right now. and probably comtemplating about life and learning/growing more from this experience. It was his decision to leave anyways. no one said he had to...just happily wait for his comeback =]

wth?! it is not my Jaebeom or whatever >_<..

And I didn't said that only HE should be forgiven and others not,

I said that it takes time to forgive someone

fans of jaebum who forgave him should also forgive the korean netizens. It's as simple as that... otherwise the double standard we have for the netizens is just ridiculous. fans of jay would just end up looking like dumb hypocrits if we didnt forgive the netizen's mistake and move on. And telling anti-fans to go die is just as bad if not worse than them signing the petition for jay's suicide -.-

Guest damifino

I think most people in Korean are mostly Christians but why can't they forgive him like their faith mandated. Even if they decided to, it is too late now.

Less than 30% of Korea are Christians, and even if most were Christians, where does it say that it should take less than 5 days to forgive? Give them some time. Honestly, what's with all the rush? Whoever heard of a guy making such a huge decision as deciding to leave their group in less than 4 days after bad PR?!?! :huh::blink::wacko:

Guest hulie-oh

I'm a pretty quiet lurker around these forums but I've decided I'd like to say a few things after having a conversation about this situation with a close friend last night. I'm probably not exactly up to date so I apologize if I say or ask anything that has already been answered.

First and foremost, I realized I was actually really sad for JaeBum when I kept sporadically wondering about his situation throughout the day. I didn't have an ounce of dislike or hatred for any of those antifans. My thoughts and feelings were deeply consumed by JaeBum specifically that I forgot who had caused him trouble.

When those comments written by JaeBum were first exposed to the public, I wasn't surprised that certain people would react the way they did. Honestly, as much as I adore JaeBum, he had it coming. Did he really deserve for people to go as far as signing a petition for him to commit suicide? Absolutely not. But if you write something that is quite offensive, you have to deal with the consequences. In a way, JaeBum did just that with a sincere apology. What people have a hard time understanding is that when something has been done, that's it. No one can change it. An apology is the closest thing to reversing what has been done--and it's unarguably not the greatest. So I figured, give it a couple days and everything will die down, people will learn to forgive (or forget), and everything will be as close to perfect as it was before.

Then I find out that JaeBum has decided to return to the states. My first reaction was a gaping mouth with eyes wide open. Why why why? A few minutes later, I decided that he needed support from those who were close and dear to him. He needed a sense of security as anyone would if they were in trouble. Then I started thinking, 'Will he return?' 'If he does decide to go back, how long will it be before he does?' 'I need to know something about his future plans IN KOREA WITH 2PM before I go insane.'

And that's when it dawned on me...

If I were JaeBum, would I want to go back? I would definitely feel shame for what I did. I would be somewhat embarrassed to return to the stage in Korea knowing that there are people who are thinking, 'He says Korea is gay and he hates Koreans...' Not to mention, what about my safety? Come on, people were signing a petition for me to commit suicide. Who knows if those people out there watching me right now are ready to jump on stage and do their damage? And the biggest reason why I don't know if I want to go back is because the people from a country that was once foreign to me, that I grew to love, embrace, and really appreciate... the people from that country hate me.

Do you see what I mean? It just really sucks. The way I see it is, the United States is so full of racism. To have a place that one can call their homeland and be proud of it... and for those people whose same homeland is yours... and to want you gone... that's just horribly sad. Would I want to go back if I were JaeBum?

Granted, there is the upside. Following my dreams and being there. Living my life happily doing what I love and being able to survive off of it. That's great! I might have found it in Korea but is it really worth all that negativity? I don't know.

I definitely got sidetracked. In the beginning, I said I had this conversation with a friend and I want to share his point of view. My friend says that he doesn’t think JaeBum will return. Why? Because no one forced JaeBum to leave. He decided to leave himself and I honestly believe that’s a valid point. JaeBum might have said something about going back to Korea as a better person but if I can remember correctly, JYP never stated anything about his return—not even a hint. And decisions can always change until they’ve been done.

I basically just wanted to point out a few things to those fans who want JaeBum back and a few things to those antifans who have made one man really sad. But in the end, I don't know what JaeBum will do. What ever he decides to do, I hope his decision will bring him happiness. If he decides to stay with his family, I completely understand. If he decides to return to Korea, then great!

So, what are your thoughts?

Note to JaeBum:

Everyone who cares about you will support what ever decision you make. I say, stop listening to what other people want or don’t want, and do what it is that you want. Afterall, your decisions affect you. Do what it is that you will be happy doing! Oh, and I absolutely adore you!

Guest CriticalHit

^ I agree with you.

I think we can all learn from this. How much hurt has this hatred caused? Will we continue this cycle by hating this girl and the netizens? Realistically, hatred can't be wiped out completely, but if each of us can forgive, how much hurt can we prevent?

This is too sad.

Guest chuchow!

the difference between jaebeom and the girl who started this is vast. he was a kid with a bad temperament and wrote these personal comments to his friend out of frustration. on the other hand, this girl exposed him to purposefully bring him down and to cause pain to his bandmates and to himself.

i can forgive jay because his comments weren't made to destroy korea; they were foolish statements made to his friend to express his anger in his situation. but right now, i can't forgive that girl because of her terrible intentions from the start. didn't most of the netizens only forgive him when they realized that they almost destroyed another career? (i say "almost" because i'm sure he will come back :))

-edit

but i DO hope that the girl who started this won't be harmed. i just hope she realizes her mistake, like jaebeom did. i agree with telling anti's to kill themselves is extremely horrible. the girl is sorry, and i respect that, but i can't bring myself to say it's all fine and dandy now.

Archived