Moon Geun Young 문근영

kanzcech

01-28-2007

Moon Geun-young Saves Community Learning Center

ensor200701282013260mooib1.jpg

Popular actress Moon Geun-young donated about 300 million won to a learning center for poor children in Haenam, South Cholla Province, near her hometown of Kwangju.

Bae Yo-seop, a pastoral intern at a church in a Haenam, opened an after-school study room for poor children in 2002. About 40 children from poor or single-parent families study there for free.

The program was facing closure in October when the landlord told Bae that the house would be sold off.

Bae recalled in an interview with Yonhap News Agency that a middle-aged couple visited him, suggesting that he find new place for the study room. They bought 1,650 square meters of land, estimated at 75 million won ($79,700), for the program. Only when Bae saw the name on the registration papers did he realize that the couple were actress Moon’s parents.

"It was a blessing so overwhelming that I couldn't be sure whether I was dreaming or not," Bae said, expressing gratitude to the 20-year-old actress and her parents.

A new building, equipped with library, computer room, bathhouse and dining room will be built on the land. The 200 million-won expense will be also covered by Moon.

Moon, a graduate of Kukje High School in Kwangju, has donated to charities and social welfare institutions in her hometown several times. She is currently studying at Sungkyunkwan University in Seoul.

saltwall@koreatimes.co.kr

Source: The Korea Times

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/culture/20...18462411710.htm

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Smelly Tofu

You know her new CF right...anyone have the HQ version...cuz in youtube sometime you can't see the face clearly and there's these noise that really bugs me...

anyway she had always been one of fav...I'm glad she is changing her image or is it expanding her image...i mean it does get annoying when someone who is like 23-29 who still act as a bratty girl or childish roles...I agree with most of what you guys say too...but as a fan let's not discuss too much about this and just support her...she wouldn't want civil war going on between her supporters...^_^

Haven't watch her new movie yet...but I heard it didn't do so great...why? is it really boring??...

i luvvv her acting. she's so talented!!! fo her new look, i guess i kinda like it. it's a way fo her telling ppl that she's more grown-up now; not jus a kid anymore. =) i watched her anycall cf the other day and i was like =O i had no idea she could dance like that!

Reporter: How were you cast in the movie "I Don't Need Love"?

Moon: I watched the Japanese TV drama in CDs in my management firm's office when I came to Seoul after finishing the college entrance exam and found it very attractive. Maybe it's because there was an affinity between me at that time and the Ryu Min character.

Reporter: An affinity with the depressed character? You are so sunny and positive.

Moon: Well, it's distrust in the world. I had received rewards for the efforts I made, and I lost any desire to do something when I wasn't rewarded for doing my best in preparing for the exam. I felt I could express what was pressing me down inside through Min.

Reporter: The evaluation of your acting in this movie seems significant.

Moon: I'm waiting for it. I'll accept anything: reproaches, critiques, or advice. That's what I can do and must do because I’m now in my 20s. It will be an opportunity to take one step further.

Reporter: What do you think your weaknesses are as an actor?

Moon: There are a lot. I feel I'm not good enough in doing the basics like speaking, breathing, voice tones, facial expressions, actions and delivering emotions.

Reporter: Don't you have any desire to be in the so-called "boring art movies"?

Moon: Frankly speaking, I've had it. But I also think it is the right thing to do now to show what I can do best at my age. I don't want to consume myself fast. I want to go slowly.

Reporter: Last year, you said, "An actor can become anything except oneself." It sounded a little sad.

Moon: I wished who I am in my fantasy were real me because I didn't like real me. I wished I had certain aspects of the character I’m acting, so I tried to find them within me. I found I didn't have them and felt I'm not myself.

Reporter: What kind of books are you reading as a college student?

Moon: I read lots of novels before, but now I'm reading humanities books since I'm now a college student. The two books that occupied me for a while are E.H. Carr's "What is History" and "A Biography of Che Guevara."

Reporter: Do you have any role models?

Moon: Frankly, no. I just wanted to work steady like Jang Dong-geun. Recently, I went to the preview of "Radio Star," and it made me want to become an actor like Ahn Seong-ki. He made me want to get older fast.

Source: The Dong-A Ilbo

http://english.donga.com/srv/service.php3?...d=2006102624118

rubie, thanks for the article.

She's so cool to do that - really selfless. At only 20!

It's no problem, happy to be here & share articles on MGY. ^^

02-06-2007

Actress Moon Stellar as College Student

By Kang Shin-who

Staff Reporter

ensor200702061927430actxm8.jpg

Moon Keun-young

Actress Moon Keun-young is demonstrating she has talent as a student. The 20-year-old Moon who is studying at Sungkyunkwan University averaged more than 4 out of 4.5 in her academic score last semester.

Moon hoped to study Korean literature and her high score enabled her to major in that area. The school accepts students for humanities studies without assigning them a major such as Korean, English, French, Russian studies, history or philosophy.

When the students move to second grade, the school groups them into specific majors according to their interests and academic records.

An official of the school said that although the department of Korean language and literature is popular for students with English and Chinese majors, Moon’s academic score is sufficient for her to be admitted to the department.

"Moon is very interested in Korean literature. Even though she had a tight schedule with movies and commercial films, she studied hard to major in what she wants," a manager of Moon's agency said.

Last year, some universities gave special admission privileges to some entertainers to earn popularity, arousing public anger. Also, many criticized the schools as they gave good grades and scholarships to the entertainers, although the star students didn’t attend classes and neglected their studies.

Moon was also involved in the controversy because of her special admission to the school, but she has set an example to other star students because of her commitment to her studies.

kswho@koreatimes.co.kr

Source: The Korea Times

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/nation/200...18384152920.htm

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hanneebuff

Now her latest appearance in a TV commercial is triggering a debate over whether the song and the footage were stolen.

While her role in the commercial was limited to acting, the latest criticism is among a series of perceived missteps the 20-year-old actress has made since she began trying to transform her image into that of an adult.

In the ad for KTF, a mobile carrier, Moon, wearing heavy makeup, shakes her scantily clad body in a fashion that reminds many viewers of pop singer and sex icon Lee Hyo-ri.

Since the ad began airing on major channels last month, some critics said her dancing may have been copied from the music video "Buttons" of American pop group the Pussycat Dolls.

Others also suspect that the song used in the commercial, titled "& Design" and sung by the actress, was copied from "My Old Story," a song written by popular 1980s singer-songwriter Cho Duk-bae. The refrains of the two songs sound similar, but the composer of "& Design" denied the allegations, saying he didn't know of Cho's song.

Well, I think it is unfair that Moon has to suffer for the mistakes (if there really were) of the producers of the CF. In the first place, Moon was only asked to sing the song, she was not the composer. Second, about the dance, it's not as if Moon was the one who choreographed it. I bet they hired a choreographer for this so Moon should not to be blamed if the dance sequence looked like it came from a Pussycat Dolls' MV.

In fact, if everything was a copy, then Moon gave justice to it.

Guest lang866

IM a fan of MGY. I dont get why people are criticizing her work. I mean i understand she practically grew up in the acting business and everyone saw her as this innocent young girl but actress like people grows up too. Anyways i think MGY is a great actress. I love her movies and i specially liked her in AIMH.

oh and yea this girl can dance! :lol:

Guest toxic-apple

hi everyone!!! i wonder if she will be in any movie? or some kind of major activity? any news on her?

i watched news like 3 weeks ago they were criticizing MGY about the song she sang in CF .... So what's the big deal!!!

i don't think she should take the blame for it !! it's the writer and producer should be blaming at!!!

the song is so old only old people know!!! she's young how would she knows about that song

anyway that's just my opinion...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest monoceros

^translate, please. thx in advance.

I think its some comparison thing since it has 3 pix of hyori and mgy and osme other girl on there..

• 1 month later...

PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS, THANKS!

PART 1

Yung sexy CF ni MGY, it has been commented na quite daring, provocative ang medyo sudden change of image nya. I think perhaps the people in Korea have loved her image of a sweet, young little girl. Kaya she was regarded daw as the country's "daughter," or "little sister" ganun yung perception nila sa kanya. But she has grown up, and obviously evolved to a very "attractive" young lady. Kaya lang she might have difficulty convincing her followers/fans to accept this new stage of her life. Sana medyo subtle ang transition and dapat siguro hindi drastic and she must maintain her dignity and respectability kasi she is for me an A-level actress who is truly talented and gifted with innate acting ability. She doesnt have to stoop to the level of some sleazy starlet kasi ibang level na sya. Mas superior na ang acting nya. Hey guys, may possible way kaya na our wishes for her and our views reach her.... Is there a possible way kaya to correspond with her or through her management company? I hope she'll be a star who will shine even brighter and not fade away because it will be such a loss to a lot of her fans, not only in Korea, but in Asia as well.

PART 2

What is the real status ng career ni Moon Geun Young, kasi i'm really worried about the said "cold shoulder" treatment ng Korean fans sa kanya. I just can't understand their mentality there, instead of supporting her they seem to be putting her down. Can they stop her from growing up? hellow, i don't think so. Anu ba gusto nila forever sya na bata lang...anu yun? Regarding this &design music video/CF, even her parents allowed her to this, pero yung Korean public did not approve...masyado naman silang judgmental. Ang daming critics nung latest CF na yan. They say that the song was copied from an old Korean song...EH KAYA NGA MAY REVIVAL EH...then they say nag-copy sa music video ng Pussycat Dolls..so what! Yun ngang Hollywood kumukuha lang ng idea sa Korean and Japanese films, like yung the "Ring" and "Lake House" adaptation ng mga Asian films. Why would they take it against Moon Geun Young's CF kung may similar steps sa isang international video, eh yun naman ang trend ngayon, and anyway she was able to dance it well and na-carry naman nya.

Why is it that yung mga good deeds nya they never take notice of that...she's very generous ...very talented...and laging nagbibigay sa charities. I think the Korean audience should become more matured in their views and understanding of their celebrities.

So guys what do you think will happen to favorite's star career now?

PART 3

For the longest time i didnt want to watch MGY latest movie, Love Me Not, coz of the negative movie review on it. I think that it would make me feel sad because it is the bad chip on MGY's shoulder, a movie that can make or break her career. So It was only recently that i saw it out of curiousity, and it was actually a great movie !!! so i was just wondering why such reaction from the Korean movie public, could it be that they have such high standards when it comes to judging her again. They were so used to seeing her in sweet, comical characters that they took for granted her great acting here. Of course her character is bitter, cold, angry for heaven's sake she lost her eyesight in the movie, she was only acting her part. It may be a cold and heavy-kind-of-feeling movie but the acting are really great even that of her leading man, Kim Ju Hyuck. There's only one scene that i did not like, the part where that stupid antagonist moustached man who is always in red and had such liking to a floral red umbrella stabbed Julian. That one scene is really brutal, and it shouldnt have been like that, one stab would have been enough, why did they had to make it into too much stabbing, that scene is really negative to the sensitivities of MGY's young fans, the scene was too upsetting, i mean it didnt give the villain's character any justification. That bad man had seen everything, been following them wherever the went. so is his character such animalike that he didnt have any sympathy and compassion left in his heart. And why on earth didn't Julian defended himself, he should have brought a gun with him and blasted the bastard's brains out, remember that one scene where Min followed him to the city and was held by 2 maniacs in the dark alley, Julian was able to fight the big guy and even beat up the guy, why did he not beat the daylights out of this stupid and short moustached guy. Well I guess that one scene is the only flaw i can comment on. The entire movie is really a good one, even award winning. and the ending is bitter kinda sweet. Congratulations to MGY and Kim Ju Hyuck.

PLEASE POST YOUR REACTION TO THIS:

Guest rachellee39

COme on...

she isn't a little girl anymore.

I'm glad that she is shedding her baby image and moving on to things her own age.

Its a natural progression....

I like her even more now that she is stepping into her own shoes and not trying to perserve a cutey innocent image.

HAving this image as a teen is ok...but beyond that.....ummmm.....its time to grow up.

Guest madgepop

News:

credits to stoo.com

하석진, 문근영에게 기습 뽀뽀? 깜짝 사진 화제

[OSEN=손남원 기자]하석진이 문근영에게 기습 뽀뽀를 하다? 하석진의 데뷔 초기 엉뚱한 모습을 담은 사진이 인터넷에 공개돼 화제를 모으고 있다.

2005년 CF 모델로 연예계에 입문한 하석진은 '루루 공주' 등의 드라마와 영화 '방과후 옥상' '누가 그녀와 잤을까?' 등에서 개성있는 연기를 선보였다. 최근 KBS '헬로 애기씨'에 출연중인 그는 코미디 영화 '못말리는 결혼' 개봉을 앞두고 있다.

화제가 된 사진은 스포츠 댄스를 추고 있는 문근영을 하석진이 와락 끌어안고 뺨에 입술을 맞추려는 장면이다. 그러나 실제 문근영이 아니라 극장앞 홍보용 전신 모형물을 상대로 장난치는 모습이 카메라 렌즈에 담겼던 것. 당시 문근영은 영화 '댄서의 순정'에서 주인공 채린 역을 맡아 인기를 모으고 있었다. 하석진 측은 '2005년 CF 출연을 갓 시작한 무렵에 찍은 사진 같다'고 밝혔다.

문근영을 은근히 짝사랑했던 것으로 보이는 이 사진의 주인공 하석진, 문근영과 채린 역으로 연기 대결을 펼치고 있는 유진을 연인 삼아서 영화에 출연한 게 아이러니다. 가수에서 탤런트, 뮤지컬과 영화 배우로 활동 영역을 넓힌 유진은 최근 영화 '댄서의 순정'을 동명 뮤지컬로 리메이크한 작품에 출연해서 호평을 받고 있다. 문근영과는 똑같은 배역을 놓고 승부를 벌이고 있는 셈.

하석진은 '못 말리는 결혼'에서 신분 차이를 따지는 럭셔리 엄마(김수미)의 방해 공작을 뚫고 유진과의 사랑을 이루려는 훈남으로 등장한다. 결국 하석진의 사랑을 놓고 유진과 문근영의 장외 대결까지 펼쳐진 형국이어서 인터넷 깜짝 사진은 충무로 참새들의 얘깃거리가 되고 있다.

http://news.stoo.com/news/html/000/700/778.html

----

who is the guy? What's it about?

Guest ^^K@mZ@^^

앞머리 자른 뱅헤어 문근영 ‘경의선’ vip 시사 긴 생머리 등장 눈길

[뉴스엔] 2007년 05월 01일(화) 오전 09:48

200705010940571001_1.jpg

200705010940571001_2.jpg

200705010940571001_3.jpg

200705010940571001_4.jpg

EBACB83.jpg

75b77113_5.jpg

오는 5월 10일 개봉을 앞두고 있는 영화 <경의선>(제작 민영화사,KM컬쳐/ 감독 박흥식/ 주연 김강우,손태영) VIP 시사회가 4월 26일 서울 강남 메가박스 코엑스에서 열렸다. 이번 VIP시사회에는 많은 연예인과 관계자가 대거 참석해 영화에 대한 관심과 기대를 증명했다.

4월 26일 메가박스 코엑스에서 진행된 <경의선> VIP시사회 현장은 두 배우를 응원하기 위해 모인 많은 동료배우들로 가득했다. 김주혁 문근영 김지수 박건형 김효진 윤해영 송지효 김소연 박원상 임원희 조동혁 등 최고의 배우들을 비롯해 유하,송해성,안진우,김종현,변영주 감독들도 함께 해 시사회 현장을 더욱 빛냈다. 이들은 영화 상영 전에 진행된 무대인사에서 <경의선>의 주연배우 김강우 손태영이 등장하자 환호성을 지르고 기립박수를 치며 동료로서의 격려를 아끼지 않았다.

특히 함께 자리한 김지수,송지효,김효진 등 여자배우들은 “강우씨의 올누드 신이 있다는 소식을 듣고 더욱 기대하고 찾아왔다”며 웃었고, 문근영도 “영화 잘 되길 바라고, 늘 힘내세요”라는 귀여운 응원을 더했다. 영화상영이 끝나자 뜨거운 박수가 이어졌고 박건형은 “<경의선>을 위해 배우들이 준비를 많이 한 걸로 알고 있는데, 영화를 보고나니 정말 노력의 흔적이 화면에 묻어나는 것 같다”는 소감을 말했다.

[뉴스엔 엔터테인먼트부]

기사제보 및 보도자료 newsen@newsen.com

손에 잡히는 뉴스, 눈에 보이는 뉴스(www.newsen.com)

copyrightⓒ 뉴스엔. 무단전재 & 재배포 금지

Credit to::kr.yoo , newsen & mgy cafe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Hope somebody could help us translate. what is it about?

Guest ^^K@mZ@^^

Happy birthday to onnie

PDVD_044.jpg

생일축하합니다

생일축하합니다

사랑하는문근영씨

생일축하합니다...

I love you so much!!!!!

Archived