Japanese Discussion 日本語の討論会

Guest putasmileon

Guest trashstar

ah i can only read hiragana and some of katakana x_X but i can write in chinese so maybe that will help me with kanji somehow :P

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Beijing Baby!

just wondering...since i've been watching a lot of hard gay youtube videos..what does "sei sei sei" mean??

I love Hard Gay LoL I always assumed that HG said sei sei sei meaning "fault".

In Japanese for example, anata no sei, basically just means "it's your fault."

So I assume that he means "your fault"

But then again he could just be saying it as the english word "say".

Who knows? it's HG after all lol^^

if your mother or father or anyone elder than you... like elderlys... how should they address you? or how would they normally addresss you?

Also does okasan or odosan have to capatilized when addressing them?

some people call their mother, okaasan or mama, and their father otousan or papa. as tamago-kun already said no capitalisation in japanese^^

elders address you with your name.

i like this thread, i'm learning a lot from it!

translation help please! :) this is from a song by perfume, the lines go...

Ano hi ano basho de koori tsuita jikan ga

Aenai mama dore kurai tatta no ka na kitto

i figured out that the first line meant 'that day that place are frozen in time but...' then i don't know anymore. help?

Guest o1hunny

いつまでも私のそばにいて

itsumademo watashi no soba ni ite

thank you very much tamago86!!!!!!!!!!!!^^~~~

i like this thread, i'm learning a lot from it!

translation help please! :) this is from a song by perfume, the lines go...

Ano hi ano basho de koori tsuita jikan ga

Aenai mama dore kurai tatta no ka na kitto

i figured out that the first line meant 'that day that place are frozen in time but...' then i don't know anymore. help?

That's hard to translate...First off that ga does not mean 'but' because jikan is a noun therefore it would have to be desu ga or da ga or da kedo etc..That's the subject marker ga such as in kare ga kocchi ni kita 'He came here'. So the subject here would be ano hi ano basho de koori tsuita jikan...jikan is being modified by koori tsuita, thus 'frozen time' and ano hi ano basho de indicates where the action took place. The time which was frozen on that day and place (frozen in time and place sounds better but wait a second)...aenai is the negative potential (can / can't do) of au, to meet or to see. mama indicates a continuing state 'while X'...dorekurai in this case means 'how long', tatsu means to pass (time), and blablabla ka na means "I wonder X"

あの日あの場所で凍りついた時間が逢えないままどれくらい経ったのかな

ano hi ano basho de kooritsuita jikan ga aenai mama dorekurai tatta no ka na

I wonder how much time, frozen on that day and place, has passed without us being able to see each other

So you can see why using frozen in time and place would be hard to fit into this translation. That's the closest I could get while still retaining the full meaning, the best translation would be to just cut the words out and add other ones in to make it flow better as is done in alot of Japanese songs for their english versions. Thanks to Japanese word order with the verb coming at the end it can be hard for people starting out to see where one thought process starts and where it ends, and also is a pain in translating.

あの日あの場所で凍りついた時間が逢えないままどれくらい経ったのかな

ano hi ano basho de kooritsuita jikan ga aenai mama dorekurai tatta no ka na

I wonder how much time, frozen on that day and place, has passed without us being able to see each other

this definitely seems like a better translation! haha thank you.

then i figured out kitto kinda seems meaningless without the next line, but i think i kinda got the meaning of it already. ^_^

hmm how do you say this in english?

だから私も見習わなくちゃ。。。

is in english?

だから私も見習わなくちゃ。。。

so I too must imitate (him)...

だから = therefore; so

見習う = to imitate, to learn by observing

ちゃ is a form which says 'you must' or 'musn't do something or else there will be negative consequences, the full form would be 見習わなくちゃいけない or 見習わなくちゃだめ or 見習わなくちゃならない but in informal situations peope often just use the ちゃ

You should memorize that the literal meaning of something like しなくちゃいけない (I have to do it), is 'If I don't do it it will be bad'...Because しちゃいけない means I musn't do it (lit. If I do it it will be bad) and people get them confused

There's also きゃ, as in 見習わなきゃいけない, きゃ implies that someone must do something or not do something but without the negative consequence if it doesn't get done

Guest luluchan

waaa japanese is so hard!! <_<

i mean learning a new language is so hard i wanna have a chance to live there and learn!

i learned all my japanese on tv and stuff~ so i understand some and can say some simple words but i haven't learned it formally~ i tried to learn hiragana but it makes me dizzy! <_<

Guest vc1188

Sorry for intruding, I don't even speak Japanese. but could someone romanize and translate these track names for me? I was going to post this in the lyrics forum but it's mostly Korean people there.

7. モノローグ

9. 僕等になれなくて

10. 君の知らない空へ

11. 手のひらの涙

12. 君が僕の詩を聴いたら

Thank you so much if you can help!

does anyone know how to write:

"dear diary.."

"on the last day of my trip I felt sad, but I will always remember the good memories"

"the next day..."

"The wedding bouquet was thrown and I caught it"

thanks in advance

Guest akira53

does anyone know how to write:

"dear diary.."

"on the last day of my trip I felt sad, but I will always remember the good memories"

"the next day..."

thanks in advance

next day: tsugi no hi

Sorry for intruding, I don't even speak Japanese. but could someone romanize and translate these track names for me? I was going to post this in the lyrics forum but it's mostly Korean people there.

7. モノローグ

9. 僕等になれなくて

10. 君の知らない空へ

11. 手のひらの涙

12. 君が僕の詩を聴いたら

Thank you so much if you can help!

7. Monologue

9. Can't become us

10. To your unknown skies

11. Tears of a palm

12. If you listen to my poetry

"dear diary.."

"the next day..."

Dear diary...

日記さんへ。。。

nikki-san e...

On the last day of my trip I felt sad, but I will always remember the good memories

旅の最終日は悲しかったけどいい思い出いっぱいがいっぱいできました

tabo no saishuubi wa kanashikatta kedo ii omoide ga ippai dekimashita

The wedding bouquet was thrown and I caught it

新婦が後ろに花束を投げたら私はキャッチしました

shinpu ga ushiro ni hanataba o nagetara watashi wa kyacchi shimashita

hi. i work at a restaurant and we offer tea and many times this group of japanese men come in and dont speak english at all. so i was wondering how do you say "would you like any tea today?" is it like "cha ga nomimasuka?"

お茶を飲みますか?

ocha o nomimasu ka?

Guest weirdo

^ isnt 'o' added for the purpose of being polite or to show respect?hehe im not an expert..

---------------------------

"do you really have to stare and read the japanese characters on my shirt?"

im trying some home made shirt prints for myself to,well,kill time.how do you say that in japanese?can you write it in kanji and hiragana too? thanks... :)

Guest 15;;1/2

Can someone trans this for me? ^^;; Thank you~

さあ、今日からライブ三昧の待ちに待ったツアーが始まろうとしているわけで。

今日は前夜祭的なのりで懐かしい曲やったりするんで盛り上がろうぜ。

今回は俺が司会で的のインストアイベントが無いのでちょっぴりトーク好きの俺は気持ち寂しい感じですが、その分つーかプレイヤーとして奮発してやるさね。

そういえばPVすごいんだから。

沙我君すごい。

早く皆に見せたいです(笑)

Guest putasmileon

On the last day of my trip I felt sad, but I will always remember the good memories

旅の最終日は悲しかったけどいい思い出いっぱいがいっぱいできました

tabi [corrected from: tabo] no saishuubi wa kanashikatta kedo ii omoide ga ippai dekimashita

^ but isn't ocha for green tea? i need just "tea"

No, it's for all types of tea. And yes it can be used for green tea as well, but when you want to ask someone if they'd like tea you use what I wrote before.....

Can someone trans this for me? ^^;; Thank you~

さあ、今日からライブ三昧の待ちに待ったツアーが始まろうとしているわけで。

今日は前夜祭的なのりで懐かしい曲やったりするんで盛り上がろうぜ。

今回は俺が司会で的のインストアイベントが無いのでちょっぴりトーク好きの俺は気持ち寂しい感じですが、その分つーかプレイヤーとして奮発してやるさね。

そういえばPVすごいんだから。

沙我君すごい。

早く皆に見せたいです(笑)

"Well then today the live shamisen tour you've all been waiting for is starting. Today is the eve of a festival so there will likely be a few nostaligic songs included as well. This time I'm the chairman but we're not having any in-store events so I'm alittle sad that I won't get the chance to talk..However I'm very excited as one of the players

Speaking of which PV is awesome

So is Saga-kun

I can't wait for everybody to see"

インストアイベント (literally in-store event) is when a player or a group is invited to a store like Tower Records and gets to be interviewed, sign CDs, etc...

Guest weirdo

らいしょう、わたしのりょうしんはあきたでうかんがいます。

i'll visit my parents next week.

is it corect? :unsure:

Guest putasmileon

らいしょう、わたしのりょうしんはあきたでうかんがいます。

i'll visit my parents next week.

is it corect? :unsure:

らいしゅう、わたしのりょうしんにあいます。

来週、私の両親に会います。

Next week is raishuu.

To say I'll visit someone, you use [person] ni aimasu.

Archived