Japanese Discussion 日本語の討論会

Guest putasmileon

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

お好み焼きにも広島風、関西風、もんじゃ焼き(関東)、モダン焼き(焼きそばが入っているお好み焼き)があります。私は、広島風のモダン焼き(濃いソースでボリュームがあります)が大好きです。ハワイで食べる機会があれば是非食べてください。

I can't quite figure out what he's trying to say here...I understand he's talking about okonomiyaki w/yakisoba (which I really don't like =/)...what is 広島風?

btw, are place names (such as 広島 or 名古屋) found in kanji dictionaries? maybe it's just because I'm using a campact version but I couldn't find either (or maybe I'm just looking it up wrong =/). I'

ll probably be posting more ?'s later as I'm only on the 2nd paragraph of this email XD

---------

剣道の良い(?)所は、体力、技だけでなく、礼儀、精神力を養うことができることです。

I've looked up everything except the bolded work (which I couldn't find) and the verb

---------

しかし、竹刀でたたかれるのは、防具をつけていても少し痛い(?)です。試合中は集中しているから痛みを感じませんが、試合後体にあざができていたことがよくあります。

something about concentration during a match...and after a match...bruises (あざ)? :mellow:

the bolded part is itai right?

---------

それなら日本語を勉強するのにとても良い環境だと思います。テレビよりも日本人の友達を作る方がよっぽど役に立つと思います。

I'm confused...in his last email he mentioned how watching TV mkight be helpful for me to learn Japanese. But he also mentions something about friends and how it's helpful/useful (役に立つ)?

---------

and lastly: PS 長い文章になってごめんなさい。読みにくかったなら言ってください。

Ok that took an hour and a half for me to read :o

I guess I need to work on my reading a little more :crazy:

Guest anyeong_aki

minna konnichiwa!! I've been to and lived in japan for 5 years and i can still speak and write japanese!! it's a really cool talent i got thanks to my mom! i dont have japanese font here nor in our house to i can't do the "write n japanese" thinggy. . .

ja, if you need help or you wanna talk in japanese..juz pm me! Jah, mata neh!!

Guest orangecake

お好み焼きにも広島風、関西風、もんじゃ焼き(関東)、モダン焼き(焼きそばが入っているお好み焼き)があります。私は、広島風のモダン焼き(濃いソースでボリュームがあります)が大好きです。ハワイで食べる機会があれば是非食べてください。

I can't quite figure out what he's trying to say here...I understand he's talking about okonomiyaki w/yakisoba (which I really don't like =/)...what is 広島風?

btw, are place names (such as 広島 or 名古屋) found in kanji dictionaries? maybe it's just because I'm using a campact version but I couldn't find either (or maybe I'm just looking it up wrong =/). I'

ll probably be posting more ?'s later as I'm only on the 2nd paragraph of this email XD

「広島風」というのは、「広島スタイル」という意味です。

広島で始まったスタイル、もしくは、他の地方に比べて広島で人気のあるスタイル、ということです。

言葉としては、「広島風」「東京風」「関西風」「大阪風」「名古屋風」というように、「地名+風」で、使います。

ちなみに・・・。

お好み焼きには、大きく分けて、2つの種類があります。

「広島風お好み焼き」と「関西風お好み焼き」です。

広島風お好み焼きは、生地(小麦粉を水で溶いたもの)をクレープのように薄く焼いて、その上に、大量の千切りにしたキャベツ、豚肉、卵、その他の具を、ミルフィーユのように重ねます。最後に、また生地を薄く広げて、全体をひっくり返してパンケーキのように作ります。

関西風お好み焼きは、焼く前の生地の中に、みじん切りにしたキャベツ、豚肉、卵、その他の具を、すべて混ぜ込んで、最初からパンケーキのように、作ります。

広島風お好み焼き、関西風お好み焼きに、さらに焼きそばや焼きうどんを重ねることを、関西ではモダン焼きといいます。

広島では、「お好み焼きそば玉」「お好み焼きうどん玉」といいます。

関西で---

関西風お好み焼きを注文する場合・・・「お好み焼きをください」

広島風お好み焼きを注文する場合・・・「広島焼きをください」

そばを重ねたお好み焼きを注文する場合・・・「モダン焼きをください」

広島で---

関西風お好み焼きを注文する場合・・・「関西風お好み焼きをください」

広島風お好み焼きを注文する場合・・・「お好み焼きをください」

そばを重ねたお好み焼きを注文する場合・・・「お好み焼きのそば玉をください」

うどんを重ねたお好み焼きを注文する場合・・・「お好み焼きのうどん玉をください」

もんじゃ焼きというのは、関東で主に食べられるおやつです。

お好み焼きよりも、ずっと水っぽい生地を使います。

あ~~~~~うまく説明できない。

お好み焼きは主食になるけど、もんじゃ焼きはそんなにボリュームがないので、主食にはなりません!

Guest putasmileon

---------

I've looked up everything except the bolded work (which I couldn't find) and the verb

---------

いい - good

---------

---------

something about concentration during a match...and after a match...bruises (あざ)? :mellow:

the bolded part is itai right?

---------

I'm confused...in his last email he mentioned how watching TV mkight be helpful for me to learn Japanese. But he also mentions something about friends and how it's helpful/useful (役に立つ)?

---------

and lastly: PS 長い文章になってごめんなさい。読みにくかったなら言ってください。

Ok that took an hour and a half for me to read :o

I guess I need to work on my reading a little more :crazy:

Luckily the more you read the faster you'll get at it

There is okonomiyaki done in Hiroshima style, kansei-style, and also monjayaki (kantou), and modanyaki (okonomiyaki with yakisobia in it). I love Hiroshima-style modanyaki. Please try some if you have the chance in Hawaii.

For all the particulars refer to orangecake's post, Japanese food is very complex :lol:

The good thing about kendo is that it can cultivate not just physical strength and technique, but spirit and etiquette.

If you've looked everything up try making a sentence with it, so I can see what parts you need help with in grammar.

However, getting hit with the bamboo fencing stick hurts alittle even when wearing protective gear. During a match I'm concentrating so I don't feel any pain, but after the match I usually find bruises on me.

竹刀 is a bamboo fencing stick, the long ones that kendo people practice with. 防具 means protection and is referring to the full-body dark body armor that kendo people use during practice. So he says たたく is to hit, and たたかれる is the passive, which would be 'to be hit'. 防具をつける means to put on or wear armor, つけて means 'even if X'.

5-3-1-3.JPG

I think that's a very good environment for learning Japanese. I think making friends with Japanese people would be alot more useful than watching Japanese TV.

より ~ 方 is used to say X is better than Y. So he's saying テレビよりも、日本人の友達を作る is 役に立つ...Making friends with Japanese people is much more (よっぽど) useful than watching TV (for learning Japanese).

Grammar is more important than vocab. You can look up all the words in a sentence but still not understand it if you don't know how the sentence works

Place names like 名古屋 and 広島 will usually not be in dictionaries. However you can usually find them in this online one

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/jwb/wwwjdic?1C

hiiiI!! i was wondering if i did my homework right lol TT.TT

natsuyasumi no yoru no aidi ni watashi wa tomodachi to akedo ga ikimashita.

honto iromikitachimashitayo!

shitta arimasen neh.

dore hayai racekart ga mimasu kara narabu ni gamanzuyoi machimashita.

watashi wa hayai kart ni hashirimashita.

watashi wa shoujou no kuruma o uchimasendeshita.

shoujou no otousan ga watashi he donarimasendeshita.

watashi wa tobe desukara hijou ni kowaidesu.

probably a lot of mistakes... it wasnt me! :ph34r::phew::sweatingbullets::P

can soemeone tell me what that means? i know its not clear... but please help >_<

thank you =)

biggerversion.jpg

That's incorrect Japanese, the person who wrote it most likely isn't a native speaker. If the person meant 私はじじりを歌います then that would mean "I'm going to sing a song (called) Jijiri", but other than that I don't know what he/she was trying to say

natsuyasumi no yoru no aidi ni watashi wa tomodachi to akedo ga ikimashita.

honto iromikitachimashitayo!

shitta arimasen neh.

dore hayai racekart ga mimasu kara narabu ni gamanzuyoi machimashita.

watashi wa hayai kart ni hashirimashita.

watashi wa shoujou no kuruma o uchimasendeshita.

shoujou no otousan ga watashi he donarimasendeshita.

watashi wa tobe desukara hijou ni kowaidesu.

natsuyasumi no yoru ni watashi wa tomodachi to akeda ni ikimashita

You don't need 'yoru no aida', 'yoru ni' is fine

honto iromikitachimashitayo - not sure what you're trying to say here

shitta arimasen = are you trying to say you didn't know? That would be shiranakatta, or shiranakatta desu, or shirimasen deshita.

hayai reesukaato o mimashita kara narande gamanzuyoku machimashita.

not sure if this was what you were trying to say or not "I saw a fast racecart so I waited patiently in line'

watashi wa hayai kaato o hashirimashita

watashi wa shoujo no kuruma to butsukarimasen deshita

uchimasu sounds like you hit the car with your hand. butsukarimasu means to bump into someone or something, and can be used when talking about cars bumping into other cars. shoujou should be shoujo if you mean little girl

shoujo no otousan wa watashi ni okorimasen deshita

okorimasu is to get angry

you can also use shikarimasen deshita (shikarimasu = to scold)

watashi wa tobe desu kara hijou ni kowai desu = not sure what you're trying to say here. Your car went flying and you were scared?

Guest putasmileon

is ther the togue rolling sound in japanese o.O

like when you say the "R" sounds?

do you just pronounce it like the "R" sound for english?

or do you say it fast it sounds a little like the "L" sound o.O

You say it like it's the L sound but you produce a mix of the two.

In Japanese, there is no distinction between the R and L sound, but I think it sounds closer to the L sound.

Hard to explain... just gotta listen to how people say it. It's short and detatched though.

I have a friend, shes a girl and she is 2 years older than me. I am 21 and shes 23.

In korean, if a girl is older than me i would call her nuna.

In Japanese, could I call her oneesan? I know that means older-sister but could i use it as a friend also? Please let me know, i dont' want to call her my sister but i want to call her oneesan as reference to a girl older than me.

haha it'll probably make her laugh, but i want to try it.

Guest littleazncutie324

haha omgomgomg.. xD im taking japanese in skool iight now..n i have a quiz tommorw...haha but THXS this is gonna help a lot!! arigatoo <33

can someone tell me what 月の光、うつつの夢 means? o.O

tsukino hikari, utsutsuno yume

Light of the moon, dream of the reality

I think utsutsu is reality or actuality; correct me if I'm wrong^^

Guest CoOkiE_MoNsTeR

how do you say..

"For the first time, i went fishing."

but write it in simplier terms.

and what does this mean...

みなさん も いって みて ください.

please and thank you!

how do you say..