Short Asian Males

Guest bape_sta

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest linuhhparkk

height...is very important to me, just because i'm pretty tall myself. (5'7")

and i definitely wouldn't want my guy to be shorter than me, so...haha.

but for your friend, i'd just say...

go for the shorter ladies?

Guest Sophisticate

Just to put it in perspective.

For girls, height is like.. boob size for guys.

I mean, most prefer them.. big but not too big.

Just like girls like guys who are tall, but not too tall.

Doesn't mean the girl with small boobs has no chance.

It's just obviously the first attraction will be to the taller one.

Oh well ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Want2LoveU

Appearance is important in a relationship. If you really do love him, than I don't see why this would stop you from going in that relationship. The mind goes where the heart desires.

To be honest, it matters a lot to girls. Reasons I don't need to explain because everyone else has pretty much mentioned it all.

And I'm not a girl for the record, but I think most girls who say that "height doesn't matter" are lying to an extent (from personal experience here).

I'm Asian and not very happy with my height either...I'm only 5'7" and my parents are worried sick about me and giving me crap all the time about how I need to be at least 5'9", etc etc. -_x

The majority of girls want a guy to be taller than them. HOWEVER, my guy friend is 5 feet and his girlfriend is 5 feet 3 and the two are madly in love with each other that its sickening =D

Guest xl0v3juicy

Confidence can make up for that inch or two, but lack of it amplifies his short height.

Whoa... props to you.. that was a good line HAHA. It's so true.

Honestly, height is a really important thing for pretty much all girls. I mean, I have friends who are dating guys shorter/around the same height... and as much as they love their boyfriends, they still complain every now and then to me about wishing how their boyfriends were taller...

But, as limepop said, it's all about confidence. If a guy has a good game, then he can get any girl despite his lack of height.

Guest YESUNGHWAITING!

Honestly, it is important.

Well, to the majority of us.

But I mean, there's always going to be someone who's shorter than you.

(:

Good luck to your buddy, he'll find someone.

^^

Guest BigBang!1430268941

My younger brother is 5'7 but hes only 17 and still pulling tons of chicks.

I'm 5'10.5 and my dad is 5'9.

I thought younger siblings are supposed to be taller?? Will he still grow? Just like that other poster said, our parents are worried for him too!

Guest bape_sta

Wow! You girls are pretty petatic.

To base love on someones height..

Is your hart that cheap?

I guess asians really are cheap..

Wow hey hey, none of that in the thread please. I will say that the girls that did reply; their hearts are not cheap..but like many have said already, there is a standard to finding a partner these days. That's all they are implying, nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...

hrmm tom cruise is 5'7 haha thats my height.. he looks shorter on tv haha maybe cos hes with tall chix all the time...

um i would say that 95% of girls want a taller guy...

i had that idea ... until i met my bf =) hes a shorti haha

its like looks.. once u with them... it fades away.. cos u love them for who they are~~

a lot of girls out there are missing out on the ideal guy cos they choose to eliminate them on the basis of height...

Guest HeartOnHerSleeve

I think confidence has a big part in this...

Yknow, of course girls might feel awkward being with a guy who's shorter or smaller than them, but I have a guy friend who is short (he's 5'2~5'3) and Asian and he has a more successful love life than other tall guys I know. He knows how to make fun of himself without seeming self-pitying and make others laugh and overlook whatever "flaws" he has. And he's pretty outgoing and cool =]

Unfortunately in this superficial and shallow world...the majority of females in this world idolizes for the Mr. Tall--believing it represents a more handsome, stronger, and protective man versus his shorter alternative. It strikes me humorous females desire for men who are a foot taller than them, if not more. Will you be able to reach him for a kiss without standing on a stool? Whatever pleases them I guess.

I dont think it's shallow at all for women to admit they prefer taller men. It's a biological imperative. Tall men physically trigger more attraction for women. Studies show that tall men make more money than short men and are generally healthier. It makes sense that women have a preference for that. That's evolution at work

I think it'd be hypocritical for women to act like something that is VERY important to them (and important for logical reasons) is unimportant. Or tell this 5 foot tall guy some lies to make him feel better when they reject him based on height. He knows he's short there's no need to beat around the bush when that's his main issue. I dont think ANY girl should EVER be made to feel guilty for being honest about her attraction. To me that's as stupid as pressuring girls who dont want to date a certain race to date that race or feel "superficial." Everyone's sexual attraction and preferences are the most personal thing in the world and the one thing that no one should EVER have to explain or justify.

To the OP. Dude, you really dont sound like much of a wingman. If you care as much about your friend's lovelife as you profess, the one thing you'd NEVER do is talk about his height EVER. It's like if you were a girl and your friend was fat and when you guys went out you'd start talking about her weight, or how she could be pretty if she lost 15 lbs.

Realistically you cannot expect a 5 foot tall Asian kid to go out to clubs and expect to mack on chicks. A club is the last place you go to get to know someone and an Asian dude has enough strikes against him, being 5 foot tall is the nail in the coffin.

The bad news is your friend is never going to be the type to be able to date a lot of chicks or go out and experiment with a lot of different types of girls. BE REALISTIC. The good news is he only needs ONE chick to fall for him. What's imperative is that he doesn't get to screw around like other guys, he needs to figure out QUICK what exact type of girl he wants and when he finds her he needs to pursue her.... not in a stalking way but in a very definite way with a plan to win her over. It's not impossible for a short dude to date, or even a short ugly dude to have a hot wife/girlfriend. In New York you see old short Jewish dudes with hot chicks all the time... in fact in their culture it's a common thing to date taller women (you even heard the Jewish girl on Global Talk show discuss it at one time.)

It seems backwards but what your friend needs to do is be REALLY PICKY. Dont just go for a girl because she doesn't mind you being short. The best chance for success is to find a girl he's REALLY into and to work hard at getting her. He's basically going to have to be with this chick a long time and the key to a lasting longterm relationship is to have someone your REALLY like (dont settle) and will happily work hard to take care of and be attentive to so she feels protected/treasured/taken care of. The biggest knock against a short dude is that girls dont feel they can take care of them... so he needs to compensate for the areas where he'll have biases

Archived