Short Asian Males

Guest bape_sta

Guest StayHighxD

I'm a dude

I think height only matters to the young teens. When it gets a bit older, lets say 25? People start looking into "status" such as; job, education, wealth, and stablity.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Peachdoll_Ocean

Haha, screw you guys. I prefer short over tall.

My boyfriend is like 5' - 5'1, and he's freaking sexy. And a LOT of girls (and guys) think so. He has a really nice, proportional body. He's perfect.

And I'm 5', so we're perfect together. Our babies are going to be sexy, too.

So what if I'm a bit taller when I wear heels. Everybody thinks we're adorable. Because we are.

Edit:

It also sounds like you're bragging about being 5'11 while you're calling this guy (who sounds hot, by the way) "dwarvish". I'd notice him over you because I can see him without hurting my neck.

You have the audacity to accuse the OP of bragging? What are you doing yourself? Sounds like you're the one bragging.

Anyways, height depends on preference. For some girls, we don't mind dating someone shorter. I know of a girl that's 5'7 and her boyfriend is 5'2. Some of us don't feel comfortable having to walk beside a guy shorter. Maybe we feel that if the guy is shorter, they lack a sense of security. Not saying that short guys can't fight or anything, it's just that taller guys would underestimate them. Some girls prefer personality and character over height. We all think and look for things differently, so I'm sure there's some girl out there that wouldn't mind dating him.

In your case, of course it's going to startle him, especially with the huge difference in your height and his. You've got 11 inches over him dude, obviously he's going to feel insecure. Personally, I don't mind dating not so tall guys because I'm only 5'2, not much of a problem for me. I've dated guys between 5'5- 6'1. (My boyfriend is 6'1)

Guest ttrin

edit: oh and height is also associated with age........and there's a more manly aura with a taller guy. esp when my head is at his chest height.

its a sad world, but this is all very very true.

guys need to look like they can protect them, and someone shorter than you [apparently no matter how great he is in other departments] doesn't look like he can do the job.

which is why my lover is 6 something. <3

Guest ling_ling

height is very very important to me

I mean if he was shorter than me (without heels) than I would definately not feel right

I daw the line at same height but shorter is a no for me

----------

BUT I have met ALOT of guys who are like 5ft5 and under (using 5ft5 cause I think thats the average for girls in UK and US?) and are all well-built and probably the nicest guys I have ever met ~ funny, sweet and caring ~ and all have girlfriends ~ I mean it took them longer than the taller guys in the group but they still managed ~ it just takes time to find the right person who will accept the height issue

He could try and find a girl who is same height ~ I mean alot of asian girls are shorter

Also i found that more of my short built guy friends have more tall skinny model like girlfriends ~ Like the taller ones have quite average built girlfriends but the short ones usuall have model figure type girlfriends ... im not sure if that is something model type girls like O_O but it surely cant be a coincidence?!

Guest x.yoru

This thread makes me wonder, high heels should have been invented for guys.

:mellow:

That's why there are shoe lifts. XDD

but tbh, I'd want someone a couple inches or so taller than me. I'm short anyway so it isn't hard for me to find a guy that isn't taller~ hahah. I wouldn't want a shorter guy than me, because... I'm already pretty damn short. XDD

I think if girls care about the fact that they look different/not typical height of gf/bf relationship.

It's like Love Com (Lovely Complex). Tall girl short guy.

I know my friend is 5"3 and she's dating someone 6". :T She always feels the need to wear heels because they don't look 'proportionate'.

Guest bape_sta

Haha don't tell us to gfto of your thread, it's a public thread. It's SOOMPI.

You asked for our opinions, and we gave them to you.

My opinion is that you're bragging and trying to make your friend, who is probably hotter than you, look bad.

What's your contact info? You interested in my buddy? :) You sound so interested...

Guest Stolen_waters

For me, it is; however, I know some women who don't mind at all.

My cousin's wife is around 5 inches taller than him, and her wife even loves wearing heels, so make that 7~ inches. LOL

Haha don't tell us to gfto of your thread, it's a public thread. It's SOOMPI.

You asked for our opinions, and we gave them to you.

My opinion is that you're bragging and trying to make your friend, who is probably hotter than you, look bad.

He was only stating facts? Your first post bragged more than his ever will.

Guest mz simmonz

I'm a dude

I think height only matters to the young teens. When it gets a bit older, lets say 25? People start looking into "status" such as; job, education, wealth, and stablity.

um yes and no. I'm 24 and of course all those factors come into play but height still matters to most women, unless she really has a good heart and doesn't care about appearance whatsoever and is reallyyy into the guy or she's a gold digger. It's not impossible for your friend to get girls/attention but of course it will be more difficult. He just has to put himself out there more and show the world his charisma/charm/other assets. I have a lot of short guy friends and they date/have girlfriends, they just had to try a bit harder to show off their personalities and good qualities..good thing girls are more forgiving when it comes to looks than guys are (you know it's true!)

Quite frankly, at a height of 5 feet, most girls will rule out even giving him a chance. I'm sure there are girls out there who are around his height that he can try dating?

I've liked guys shorter than me, but I'm talking about an inch or so shorter. A height discrepancy between me and any guy over 2 inches is a massive turn off. Massive. I would feel like I'm towering over the guy I'm with if I was taller than him by that much. At that point, he'll start looking more like my baby brother than a date.

I know this sounds really cruel, but I wouldn't go after someone who was shorter than me.... no matter how gorgeous they look/are.

Guest LostHazel

Unfortunately in this superficial and shallow world...the majority of females in this world idolizes for the Mr. Tall--believing it represents a more handsome, stronger, and protective man versus his shorter alternative. It strikes me humorous females desire for men who are a foot taller than them, if not more. Will you be able to reach him for a kiss without standing on a stool? Whatever pleases them I guess.

I personally, have a friend who is EXACTLY as you have described. Yes, he's short (5 foot) but he is well built, and very successful in terms of his career and personality. The only problem he has? Girls are too shallow to take him seriously when we are out. It's even more annoying when...you see a girl who's like shorter than he is..like 4'11 or whatnot..and still they turn away because he's not 5'8. Now geeze, that's shallow.

My bestfriend is dating someone who's 5'1. She's actually taller than him but doesn't mind it at all..because well she's not letting height be the deciding factor. I say, your friend will eventually find someone, but if a girl is ganna not try to take him seriously in a relationship because of his height, it's best if he didn't even bother wasting his time on her.

Guest plumplum

You have the audacity to accuse the OP of bragging? What are you doing yourself? Sounds like you're the one bragging.

What's your contact info? You interested in my buddy? :) You sound so interested...

He was only stating facts? Your first post bragged more than his ever will.

Yeah, I accused the OP of bragging because that's exactly what I thought when I saw that he had posted his height and assumed he got more attention because of it. I did not read 'according to his belief', which is my mistake. When I read 'dwarf like', that pissed the living hell out of me. Perhaps choose something less degrading.

This topic (and other height-related topics) hits me hard because although I did brag about it, I get annoyed when people call us cute, or call him cute, like we're babies. We're university students in our twenties with respectable jobs.

It just hurts me how good people can be rejected because of something they can't control.

Guest bape_sta

Yeah, I accused the OP of bragging because that's exactly what I thought when I saw that he had posted his height and assumed he got more attention because of it. I did not read 'according to his belief', which is my mistake. When I read 'dwarf like', that pissed the living hell out of me. Perhaps choose something less degrading.

This topic (and other height-related topics) hits me hard because although I did brag about it, I get annoyed when people call us cute, or call him cute, like we're babies. We're university students in our twenties with respectable jobs.

It just hurts me how good people can be rejected because of something they can't control.

I'm a grad nurse, and so is my buddy. We work together on emerg/triage at the hospital, and he is not 'cute or a 'baby'. He's as much as a man as any of the other men I work with.

Many of my friends are short, and they're some of the best people I have met. They lead inspiring lives, do their best regardless of their stature. The dwarf thing is not meant to offend, my apologies for it doing that to you. Height may mean power somewhere...but not in my profession.

Guest <3StrawberryPocky<3

I'm guessing the majority of the female population prefer a guy at least 2 inches taller than her. Lol. But judging by your description of him, he sounds like an awesome dude. Of course he'll find that perfect girl that could by shorter than him or that will love him regardless of his height. There's this super short guy in my school who is under 5'. But, he's very nice, smart, and friendly, and he is definitely popular among the ladies. Lol. (By the way, I'm not in elementary or middle school, so you don't see kids under 5' that often. Hahah) So your friend definitely has hope. The only thing is, he needs to have confidence in himself, and he should be willing to possibly date a girl taller than him without ever feeling insecure!! Confidence BUT NOT COCKINESS makes a guy even sexier. Hahha. :D

Guest LoveJiyong

whats so cool about being w/ a tall guy?? does it make him cuter or something??

and make the shorter one uglier??

as long as he's passed my hips cuz it'll look like i'm w/ a bby. LoL

Guest 영원한 사랑

I think this depends on the person but i wouldn't go out with a guy 5'0'' tall. However, I think some girls wouldn't mind.

Archived