Name That Movie! Official Thread

Guest xosandy

Guest VINTAGE'art: moderne

^Ahh dude!! lmao, I was so close. I thought it was called "Unchained Melody" or something along that line. Thanks mucho!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest i<3ramen

Please help me out ive been trying to find this movie for a while..

so i believe it was a chinese movie that was made in the 90's. i can only remember bits and parts but ill try my best to be descriptive. so it was a comedy/action movie where the main story revolves around the main character being a gambler. i think he loses his memory (not entirely sure) and gets teleported into the past. i can only remember things that happened near the end, for instance in the scene near the ending climax the main character is dressed up in a white tux going to a pro gambler invite with a bunch of gangster/mafia/government official people and i think this game depends on his life or something. but i think he wins and the other players call him a cheat and pull out guns and they all start shooting etc. then his time runs out he says goodbye to the lady and *lightning and flashing lights* he gets teleported back to his time

sorry if its kinda confusing..i wanna say the title was somthing like 'the white gambler' or 'the gamblers spirit' but i cant find any movies that are similar to what i just described.

Guest Myss Blewm

^ Can you remember any actors in the movie? I haven't seen any of his movies for awhile now, but it kind of sounds like an old movie of Stephen Chow's. I think it was called "God of Gamblers" and, if memory serves me correctly, there were a couple of sequels that followed.

Name two movies either from the 80's or 90's?

- A movie about a couple where the guy has a heart problem. The girl's a waitress and they meet when he saves her from being mugged– or something like that. There's also the scene where he dies; they're coming back from a hockey game and during the drive back he says he's going to take a nap but ends up passing away.

- Second movie is about a tomboy who's secretively in love with this guy (it's not some kind of wonderful - movie by john hughes). One scene I remember...they're out in the streets surrounded by people and she makes a move and kisses him. He's repulsed and pushes her away... can't remember much but I'm sure they end up together. I also think there's a girl in the movie who likes her because she assumes she's a lesbian but is told otherwise when she kisses her.... err helllppp.

The second one sounds somewhat like "Just One of the Guys" except for the fact that the girl in the movie pretended to be a boy. A girl gains a crush on "him" because the main character as a guy looked a bit like "the Karate Kid". The main character becomes friends with this kind of pathetic guy, and she eventually falls in love with him, but he doesn't know that she's just pretending to be a guy. So....I'm not entirely convinced that I got the right movie, but it sounds a lot like it....I just can't remember exactly everything because I haven't seen "Just One of the Guys" in a long time.

Please help me out ive been trying to find this movie for a while..

so i believe it was a chinese movie that was made in the 90's. i can only remember bits and parts but ill try my best to be descriptive. so it was a comedy/action movie where the main story revolves around the main character being a gambler. i think he loses his memory (not entirely sure) and gets teleported into the past. i can only remember things that happened near the end, for instance in the scene near the ending climax the main character is dressed up in a white tux going to a pro gambler invite with a bunch of gangster/mafia/government official people and i think this game depends on his life or something. but i think he wins and the other players call him a cheat and pull out guns and they all start shooting etc. then his time runs out he says goodbye to the lady and *lightning and flashing lights* he gets teleported back to his time

sorry if its kinda confusing..i wanna say the title was somthing like 'the white gambler' or 'the gamblers spirit' but i cant find any movies that are similar to what i just described.

Sounds like God of Gamblers III: Back to Shanghai. It starred Stephen Chow, Ng Man Tat, Ray Lui and Gong Li.

Guest AsianMusic4Ever

Are you talking about "Daybreakers"? It came out in theatres like a month or two ago I think.

Oh, Thanks a alot Dude.

Srry for late reply~

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KimchiLand

I'm looking for the name of this movie I watched in one of my classes a while back. It's this old black and white American film and its kind of Adams Family-ish (comedy/"horror").

The beginning of the film starts with this guy who's known as a playboy in line with his girlfriend to get a marriage certificate. Later, he goes to tell his aunts that he's getting married and that he's about to leave on his honeymoon. And then he finds out that they've been inviting random old men into their house for tea and then poisoning them so that they no longer have to suffer alone or something. At some point later, the guys brother, Jonathon, visits with his companion, a doctor/surgeon. Jonathon's face is all scarred and weird looking because the doctor messed up during the last surgery. Jonathon's also some sort of criminal and he comes back to his aunts' house to hide from the police and find a place to get rid of someone he killed recently. He notices that the aunts had dug a hole in the cellar (for the old man they had poisoned earlier) and he decides to hide his victim in there. So he makes everyone go to bed early and catches the aunts as they try to sneak downstairs to bury the man they have.

We only got about half way, or maybe even less, through the movie and that's all I remember. I'd really appreciate it if someone would tell me the name of this movie.

Guest VINTAGE'art: moderne

The second one sounds somewhat like "Just One of the Guys" except for the fact that the girl in the movie pretended to be a boy. A girl gains a crush on "him" because the main character as a guy looked a bit like "the Karate Kid". The main character becomes friends with this kind of pathetic guy, and she eventually falls in love with him, but he doesn't know that she's just pretending to be a guy. So....I'm not entirely convinced that I got the right movie, but it sounds a lot like it....I just can't remember exactly everything because I haven't seen "Just One of the Guys" in a long time.

Didn't check back on the thread for awhile... But yes, this is the correct movie! Confused it a bit with SKOW. Thanks for helping!

Guest Myss Blewm

I'm looking for the name of this movie I watched in one of my classes a while back. It's this old black and white American film and its kind of Adams Family-ish (comedy/"horror").

The beginning of the film starts with this guy who's known as a playboy in line with his girlfriend to get a marriage certificate. Later, he goes to tell his aunts that he's getting married and that he's about to leave on his honeymoon. And then he finds out that they've been inviting random old men into their house for tea and then poisoning them so that they no longer have to suffer alone or something. At some point later, the guys brother, Jonathon, visits with his companion, a doctor/surgeon. Jonathon's face is all scarred and weird looking because the doctor messed up during the last surgery. Jonathon's also some sort of criminal and he comes back to his aunts' house to hide from the police and find a place to get rid of someone he killed recently. He notices that the aunts had dug a hole in the cellar (for the old man they had poisoned earlier) and he decides to hide his victim in there. So he makes everyone go to bed early and catches the aunts as they try to sneak downstairs to bury the man they have.

We only got about half way, or maybe even less, through the movie and that's all I remember. I'd really appreciate it if someone would tell me the name of this movie.

Ahh, you must be speaking of "Arsenic and Old Lace".

• 3 weeks later...

who know this drama,,,
hye,,,

i was looking for one japanese drama,,

it's an old drama,i remember i watch this drama when i was in high school..

it quite sad drama,,but i love it..

to bad i can not remember the title of this drama,,

all i know is,,

this drama is about 1 older woman who want to get married with young man,,,

she even take medicine that can makes us looks younger day by day,,

she finally got married with young man,,but it is the problem,

the medicine that she take not only makes her more young but it makes her turn back

to children,,,

that is it,,

i cannot remember more than that anymore,,

plezzz

can anyone tells what title of this drama..

i really watch to it again!!!

it's a great drama!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Someone please help me >.<

I missed the first 30 minutes of the movie, and I didn't remember the title. I think it was made in 1990's.

The main character is a woman. She has a little brother. Her mom's dead (I think so) and her dad was an abusive dad. When she was a kid, their dad always beat up her little brother. During their free time they love to play riddles. When they've grown up, the main character became a cop. She's solving a murder case and was having a hard time because of one incident (forgot what incident) and her brother became one of the suspect.

anyway I remember the ending the most. A police wanted to shoot the main character's brother. She wanted to protect him but failed. The bullet hit him and just before he died, he asked his sister a riddle,

"There are three siblings. The first child's name is April, second one is May. Third one...?"

But his sister didn't answer because she was crying so badly.

Please, does anyone know the title of this movie?? Thank you =3

• 1 month later...
Guest mcluva420

i need help identifying a movie >_< im not sure if it's korean or not..

one of the songs for the movie is a korean song called "Left Alone" sung by The One.

I was watching the mv, and there was a Caucasian lady who did some samurai-ish stuff, but the main character is a korean girl who probaby does samurai stuff too..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest holabuster

Hey, guys. Wondering if you could help me identify this movie. I saw it on a flight from LA to Hong Kong. It was a movie in Chinese and Japanese that was a series of vignettes about love.

One was about a son who became terminally ill. He found a man with a voice identical to his to call his mom everyday after he died, so that she would not die herself from grief.

Another one was about a couple who played with lightsabers.

Another was about a girl who had lost her memory and began crushing on this pop singer that asked her to be in his music video. The director of the music video turned out to be the girl's past boyfriend, and when the girl begins crushing on the pop singer, he gets jealous and tries to get her back. I remember there was at least one more vignette.

Is this movie familiar to anyone? Please help! Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i need help identifying a movie >_< im not sure if it's korean or not..

one of the songs for the movie is a korean song called "Left Alone" sung by The One.

I was watching the mv, and there was a Caucasian lady who did some samurai-ish stuff, but the main character is a korean girl who probaby does samurai stuff too..

Blood: The Last Vampire

It's with Jun Ji Hyun aka Gianna Jun.

A long time ago, I watched a Korean movie about a man who pick locks homes to stay in while the owner is gone. During his duration of his stay, he fixes things in the house or does chores for them. One day, he pick locks a very rich house but didn't realize that a blind/deaf (?) woman was staying there. Turns out that she is abused by her husband. He then takes her away or something... Does anyone know the title of this movie?

A long time ago, I watched a Korean movie about a man who pick locks homes to stay in while the owner is gone. During his duration of his stay, he fixes things in the house or does chores for them. One day, he pick locks a very rich house but didn't realize that a blind/deaf (?) woman was staying there. Turns out that she is abused by her husband. He then takes her away or something... Does anyone know the title of this movie?

That sounds like 3-Iron, by Kim Ki-duk.

Guest longbong

I don't know the name of this Korean movie but it came out around early 2000, possibly 1990s

anyways one scene,

Some guy (짜장면 delivery) who delivers chinese food walks into an office. and asks who ordered jjajangmyun.

Then people are telling him nobody ordered it and gtfo.

and then the guy gets pissed, he opens the metal case (usually for holding the food). and unleeashes automatic rifle and totally messes up the entire building.

anyone know this movie title ????

Archived