Name That Movie! Official Thread

Guest xosandy

Guest xosandy

Can't remember the name of that movie you watched?
Can't remember the name of the movie you watched awhile ago? Sometimes it's just at the tip of your tongue but you just can't figure it out! This thread is designed to eliminate all the duplicate "movie help!" threads that clutter this forum. Please be as descriptive as possible when it comes to describing plot or character information.

Simply post any description, plot, and/or character information you can recall. Post away!

*thanks leongfun for the suggestion

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a random movie I've been trying to remember. I remember seeing it on TV when I was little and I think it was either made in the 80's or early 90's at the latest. What I remember was that it was about a white guy and a Chinese guy who were friends. They go somewhere (maybe a bus station?) where the Chinese guy picks up his girlfriend to be reunited or something. Somehow she gets kidnapped by this creepy old Asian dude along with the white guy's girlfriend (or love interest). The one part I distinctly remember is there's this part where the two girls sorta get a spell put on them by the old creepy guy and they grab this sword and raise into the air. The two guys then basically have to go and rescue them. That's all I remember from that movie. Like I said, random movie but it'd be cool to know what that movie was.

Guest graceyoon

sorry to be OT but i have to for a thread like this!

I saw this movie about a bus that had to SPEED around a city, keeping its SPEED over fifty, and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode! I think it was called "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down."

- Homer

Guest res0nate

I have a random movie I've been trying to remember. I remember seeing it on TV when I was little and I think it was either made in the 80's or early 90's at the latest. What I remember was that it was about a white guy and a Chinese guy who were friends. They go somewhere (maybe a bus station?) where the Chinese guy picks up his girlfriend to be reunited or something. Somehow she gets kidnapped by this creepy old Asian dude along with the white guy's girlfriend (or love interest). The one part I distinctly remember is there's this part where the two girls sorta get a spell put on them by the old creepy guy and they grab this sword and raise into the air. The two guys then basically have to go and rescue them. That's all I remember from that movie. Like I said, random movie but it'd be cool to know what that movie was.

I forgot about checking this thread until now.

The movie you're looking for is BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA

Guest KuYA II

I'm looking for this one movie, but all i could remember is 10 minutes of it before it ended.

Its a American movie really old, but still colored.

The part I watch is when this little girl was running home to meet her grandparents. As she went inside trying to call out her name, she realized no one wasn't at home. Then a few minutes later, she went to look at her reflection and saw her parents getting ready to pack, but as she turned around, they weren't there. She tried calling out their name, but they didn't noticed her so they got out and left. She was sad and all of a sudden rain started to poor inside her house and a shadow dragon appeared. She was all alone and scared as the dragon came up to her. All of a sudden the credit rolls...

I know it was weird, I saw this a long time ago when I was a kid (6 or 7). If anyone could figure it out I would really appreciated.

sorry to be OT but i have to for a thread like this!

I saw this movie about a bus that had to SPEED around a city, keeping its SPEED over fifty, and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode! I think it was called "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down."

- Homer

lol I was watching that episode the other day.

I forgot about checking this thread until now.

The movie you're looking for is BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA

thanks, I've been wondering what it was forever. Lol oh 80's movies.

Guest Babysoul

I haven't actually watched the movie (since it's not released yet) but someone please help! This has been buggin me for the past month. It's a movie trailer that played when I went to watch Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and when I watched GI Joe: Rise of the Cobra. There's a blond haired (maybe brown, haha, don't recall) boy, in his teens. He goes in an elevator .. Then something happens and bam! It's a shot of a huge castle. The title was obviously not memorable and it was long, i think.That's all I remember haha. I've been trying to google and no avail. Please help, the boy was such a cutie! LOL.

Guest kurayzeexivy

^

That movie is Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

the boy is Logan Lerman who plays Percy Jackson.

Guest Babysoul

^

That movie is Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

the boy is Logan Lerman who plays Percy Jackson.

YOU'RE A LIFESAVER! Thanks so much! <3

Guest joie.de.vivre

my friend was asking about this movie in the vein of racing movies like 2 fast, 2 furious with 2 car racers and a pizza delivery guy in it ?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Myss Blewm

I've never seen this movie. I'm not sure if it's a movie I want to see....it's just I can't remember the title and I need to know the title to feel like my life is complete. :lol:

Anyway, I saw the trailer to this movie before a movie I saw when I was probably twelve. I can't remember which movie it was. =__= So the basic telling of the story if I can remember correctly is it starts out with a couple wanting to adopt a child and they find a young girl who is really sweet. Things seem fine, until they go take family photos. Suddenly, the girl gets sad and reveals that her real father came to her grandparents' home one night, and killed her grandparents. There was a scene that will never leave me, you hear the girl screaming I think, and the scene is of a car in the dark and you see flashes going off. It insinuated that her dad took some gruesome photos. :( Anyway, then it leads to the girl's real dad is trying to track her down and he yells at this one chick that he is her real parent. The following shots are of the dad and this blonde chick, and the girl's adoptive parents protecting her or something. I forgot how it ended.

If anyone can tell me the title, that would be great. I've been thinking about seeing this trailer for months. Nothing comes to mind though. Thanks in advance!

Guest its_kelli

PLEASE HELP ME FIND OUT WHAT THIS MOVIE IS!!!!

okay its a chinese movie i cant actually determine when it was made but it before the 90's. the story is there's this young woman and her husband died, and she lives with her inlaws she can play the piano and sings in the movie....she's walking around town and see's a puppy a yorkie and is thinking about buying it but this younger guy buys it first and he's in a band/group called i think the "egyptians" there's like 4 ppl in the group and each of them has a necklace that has to do with egypt, well he lets her have it. well the lady's sister in law is this really pretty girl and her and the young guy in the band starts to c each other and the guys goes over to the house and sees that lady singing and playing on the piano....okay not it just seems like im writing the whole movie and i'm getting tired of typing but you get the idea of the plot.....PLEASE OH PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT THE MOVIE IS CALLED.

Oh cool thread...

but I remember watching this one historic Chinese show with all typical scenery and guys with long braided hair and whatever when I was little. All I remember is this one guy (who has bad teeth btw) and he's married to this lady, they try to have a baby and then they finally do, so they have this one nanny lady who looks after the baby, but the nanny trys to harm the baby using those lighted jasmine sticks (? I have no clue) and then the mom walks in. I also remember this couple had friends who were also a couple. damn I'm making no sense haha. btw, i only described like one episode out of the whole series. i also remember the tune to the theme song, but i obviously can't hum it here haha.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest iridescent opal

I'm looking for this one movie, but all i could remember is 10 minutes of it before it ended.

Its a American movie really old, but still colored.

The part I watch is when this little girl was running home to meet her grandparents. As she went inside trying to call out her name, she realized no one wasn't at home. Then a few minutes later, she went to look at her reflection and saw her parents getting ready to pack, but as she turned around, they weren't there. She tried calling out their name, but they didn't noticed her so they got out and left. She was sad and all of a sudden rain started to poor inside her house and a shadow dragon appeared. She was all alone and scared as the dragon came up to her. All of a sudden the credit rolls...

I know it was weird, I saw this a long time ago when I was a kid (6 or 7). If anyone could figure it out I would really appreciated.

I think it's Alice in Wonderland. I remember watching that part in the end. Sorry, if I'm wrong.

i saw this movie way back in the 90s.

my parents rented this cassette movie from one of those asian video stores

and it was a chinese movie i believe.

something about a princess. and there was a fake covering for her but as an ugly version of the princess.

and there was a weird ragged looking guy whose special powers was like the frog style or something.

and i remember this one guy rolling a ball out of the dirt from his armpit and attacking peopl with it.

yes i'm being serious, this movie was definitely funny and i wanna see it again

Guest leongfun

I've never seen this movie. I'm not sure if it's a movie I want to see....it's just I can't remember the title and I need to know the title to feel like my life is complete. :lol:

Anyway, I saw the trailer to this movie before a movie I saw when I was probably twelve. I can't remember which movie it was. =__= So the basic telling of the story if I can remember correctly is it starts out with a couple wanting to adopt a child and they find a young girl who is really sweet. Things seem fine, until they go take family photos. Suddenly, the girl gets sad and reveals that her real father came to her grandparents' home one night, and killed her grandparents. There was a scene that will never leave me, you hear the girl screaming I think, and the scene is of a car in the dark and you see flashes going off. It insinuated that her dad took some gruesome photos. :( Anyway, then it leads to the girl's real dad is trying to track her down and he yells at this one chick that he is her real parent. The following shots are of the dad and this blonde chick, and the girl's adoptive parents protecting her or something. I forgot how it ended.

If anyone can tell me the title, that would be great. I've been thinking about seeing this trailer for months. Nothing comes to mind though. Thanks in advance!

The Tie That Binds? 1995 film

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114666/

Guest xR3MiiNiiSC3z

hmm can anyone help me with this series tittle .

I remember watching this around 8 years old (10 years ago) it was airing on Vietnam tv during the year 1998 and its an American series about this girl that live underwater & she protects something under the water that

the people on land's trying to get. & she fell in love with this guy that's suppose to get the things she's trying to protect but later on the guy fell in love with her and helps her by turning his back on the people who's trying to steal "the things shes trying to protect". I remember the girl has long straight hair.

im sorry that's all i can remember..

i tried my best to recall the story and its kinda of hard to understand so please

bear with me. Ive been searching the internet for a very long time but still no hope..so if

any body have any info or the title to this series i would be really thankful!!!!

Guest kawaiiai

if someone could help me..to remember the name of this film..i would be soo..very grateful..

its set in an American school..and focuses on a guy who is trying to find out..who killed his ex girlfriend..he had black curly hair if that helps..and he looks like a young heath ledger slightly..he gets caught up in various gangs within the school he is at..and with some of the students..who are dealing in drugs secretly..he also meets and befriends..a few other characters through ought..his journey to find out the true happenings..behind his ex girlfriends murder..

in the movie there is a scene..where he meets one of the guys..who play a part in dealing drugs..to some of the students..and he is taken for a ride..in a white van in the school car park..the last scene in the movie..shows the guy and his best friend..on the school playing field..as well as a girl..who knew information about what happened..to his girlfriend..im sorry..if that is not enough information..but that is all that i can really remember..hopefully someone will know the film im talking about..its now one of my favourites..but i just can not recall the title of the film..so that i can buy it..Thank you! in advanced to anyone who can help me..to find the film again.. :)

Archived