Name That Movie! Official Thread

Guest xosandy

Guest Octopus__

I'm not sure if anyone could help me lol.. but here goes.

I watched a movie a few years back and it was about a girl who wasn't satisfied with her life. She wished to go back in time to make her younger self make the right decisions. One of them was to make sure she didn't fall in love with this jerk who humiliated her in front of an audience at a concert he was performing at as a good guitarist. Anyway, speeding up to the end.. she ends up satisfied that her life is fine as it is.

It's an asian movie I think? Or a drama? I'm not sure. D: But.. it seemed like a movie to me lol.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Justalilodreamer

I'm not sure if anyone could help me lol.. but here goes.

I watched a movie a few years back and it was about a girl who wasn't satisfied with her life. She wished to go back in time to make her younger self make the right decisions. One of them was to make sure she didn't fall in love with this jerk who humiliated her in front of an audience at a concert he was performing at as a good guitarist. Anyway, speeding up to the end.. she ends up satisfied that her life is fine as it is.

It's an asian movie I think? Or a drama? I'm not sure. D: But.. it seemed like a movie to me lol.

Pretty sure you're talking about Project Makeover. Its a korean movie and one of my favorites :D

Guest Octopus__

Pretty sure you're talking about Project Makeover. Its a korean movie and one of my favorites :D

OMG! Thank youuu~!! ;D

Guest easyascake

if someone could help me..to remember the name of this film..i would be soo..very grateful..

its set in an American school..and focuses on a guy who is trying to find out..who killed his ex girlfriend..he had black curly hair if that helps..and he looks like a young heath ledger slightly..he gets caught up in various gangs within the school he is at..and with some of the students..who are dealing in drugs secretly..he also meets and befriends..a few other characters through ought..his journey to find out the true happenings..behind his ex girlfriends murder..

in the movie there is a scene..where he meets one of the guys..who play a part in dealing drugs..to some of the students..and he is taken for a ride..in a white van in the school car park..the last scene in the movie..shows the guy and his best friend..on the school playing field..as well as a girl..who knew information about what happened..to his girlfriend..im sorry..if that is not enough information..but that is all that i can really remember..hopefully someone will know the film im talking about..its now one of my favourites..but i just can not recall the title of the film..so that i can buy it..Thank you! in advanced to anyone who can help me..to find the film again..

this post is almost a year old lol

your description sounds much like Brick. it stars joseph gordon levitt, the ledger look-alike.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0393109/

hopefully you found the title ages ago!

The only parts that I remember of this movie I watched a long time ago are when this girl got horribly picked on by kids at school and I think the guy she had a crush on? anyway she ran to the bathrooms to cry and her friend followed her. Then she told her friend that she was going to a Catholic school and her friend said that she'd go with her. Then it fast forwards to the future and the girl that got picked on and her previous crush has met again and started to have romantic interests for each other, not realizing how they know each other from the past

If anyone knows, thank you so much! I'm so curious hahah

Guest easyascake

i never actually watched the movie but i watched the trailer and i can't seem to remember the title! it's bothering me.

it's set well into the future and everybody is considered "equal."

the intelligent are made simple-minded, the beautiful are forced to wear masks, the strong are required to wear weights etc.

and i remember there was a ballet scene where most of the ballerinas where dancing in a way an average person would dance.

But one ballerina took off her mask and she was dancing like a pro from julliard (or something lol) with some other guy then people (likely working for the government) barged into the theatre.

then it switches to a scene where a couple, both "handicapped," was watching the ballet on television. i think their son was in the ballet?

i'm pretty sure it was based on a book. it's sort of got the same concept as 1984 by george orwell.

EDIT: i found it! jeez after i searching for over a month i find it 10 minutes after typing this post. does not make sense but thank you wikipedia.

the trailer of the movie i saw is: 2081 and it's based on he book: Harrison Bergeron

i should've been looking under dystopian literature all this time.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest annchong71

Hey, guys. Wondering if you could help me identify this movie. I saw it on a flight from LA to Hong Kong. It was a movie in Chinese and Japanese that was a series of vignettes about love.

One was about a son who became terminally ill. He found a man with a voice identical to his to call his mom everyday after he died, so that she would not die herself from grief.

Another one was about a couple who played with lightsabers.

Another was about a girl who had lost her memory and began crushing on this pop singer that asked her to be in his music video. The director of the music video turned out to be the girl's past boyfriend, and when the girl begins crushing on the pop singer, he gets jealous and tries to get her back. I remember there was at least one more vignette.

Is this movie familiar to anyone? Please help! Thanks!

You must be referring to this movie "愛到底" L.O.V.E ....

QUOTE (KuYA II @ Aug 12 2009, 06:57 AM) I'm looking for this one movie, but all i could remember is 10 minutes of it before it ended.

Its a American movie really old, but still colored.

The part I watch is when this little girl was running home to meet her grandparents. As she went inside trying to call out her name, she realized no one wasn't at home. Then a few minutes later, she went to look at her reflection and saw her parents getting ready to pack, but as she turned around, they weren't there. She tried calling out their name, but they didn't noticed her so they got out and left. She was sad and all of a sudden rain started to poor inside her house and a shadow dragon appeared. She was all alone and scared as the dragon came up to her. All of a sudden the credit rolls...

I know it was weird, I saw this a long time ago when I was a kid (6 or 7). If anyone could figure it out I would really appreciated.

I think it's Alice in Wonderland. I remember watching that part in the end. Sorry, if I'm wrong.

I agree with guy!

Guest Disastrous

I couldnt find a 'name that tv show' thread so I guess I should post it here?

I watched the pilot to this american tv show maybe a few years back and I just can't seem to find it again. I remember it began with an asian woman running and then going back home where one of her coworkers (who spent the night) woke up and then they both go to work which may be some sort of law enforcement department? But they hide their relationship so no one knows about them.

Haha I know this isnt really anything to go on and i'm not sure how old or new the tv show is but it seemed new enough. If anyone know which tv show this is it would really help!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest vanity98

I know its not a movie but what is the title of this reality tv show? All i remember is that its former or ex CIA or FBI agents versus some smart intelligent kids and they were given challenges. There's this one challenge that they have to go down using a rope, the former agents used their athletic skills to go fast, while the smart ones developed a pulley. Another one is where they have to find their way through a forest, the former agents used tracks to navigate (camera men went through it so they can see prints and stuff on the ground), while this one smart kid just looked at the map and he knows where he is and where to go, and also one of those smart kids knows like several different languages.

Its like a race or something like that. Its been bothering me for days! Please help. Thank you.

Guest snowrisha

Okay so I'm looking for this movie I watched when I was younger..

I can't remember if it was a 1990s or 1980s movie, but it's about this female angel who falls to earth.. and this boy finds her. I think he might've been in high school.

But anyway, I think he tries to help her get back to Heaven.

I don't remember, but I think she couldn't speak or something.

Then, this girl gets jealous and I remember a scene where she attempts to chase the Angel girl away or something and she gets ready by wearing her jeans and then wears underwear outside of her pants.LOL

Then....I think the Angel goes back.. and the boy's sad cause he fell in love with her.. but he was in the hospital I think? And at the end the nurse walks in and he's surprised because the Angel came back as a human [his nurse].

I've been scouring the internet and wikipedia-ing and googling for awhile now. Haha

DATE WITH AN ANGEL 1987 ONE OF MY FAVS

Guest aren_me12345

HI! Please help me find the anme of this movie? I think its a hongkong/taiwanese movie??? Ive been dying to know what this movie is!! Unfortunately I only have this image a40ff49939b325e151f82690627a524e_large.jpg PLEASE HELP!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest s_umire

Hey~! I'm not looking for an absolutely specific film, but I have to choose to use my own texts to use for my Extension English course for school - the topic is Conflicting Perspectives and I was thinking of doing a conflicting perspective text based on something like a traditionalist view vs. modern - just for example, girl wants to become lawyer but parents believe she should be at home cooking/cleaning etc. or whatever [any topic - politics, etc.] and the film would preferrably show both sides of the argument.

Can anyone think of a film like that?

Sorry for the long winded explanation, but ty so much! ASAP would prolly be necessary though ;w;" /sweatdrops/ <3

Guest -x.smile.31

I'm looking for a somewhat old english movie, it was kinda like The Devil Wears Prada

There's this girl who started working for this new company and no one really liked her because she wasn't stylish;

but then she got a make-over and everyone started liking her, she then started a relationship with her boss (i think)

I know it's very vague, and no one will probably remember, but it's been stuck in my head for a week now :x

Hey~! I'm not looking for an absolutely specific film, but I have to choose to use my own texts to use for my Extension English course for school - the topic is Conflicting Perspectives and I was thinking of doing a conflicting perspective text based on something like a traditionalist view vs. modern - just for example, girl wants to become lawyer but parents believe she should be at home cooking/cleaning etc. or whatever [any topic - politics, etc.] and the film would preferrably show both sides of the argument.

Can anyone think of a film like that?

Sorry for the long winded explanation, but ty so much! ASAP would prolly be necessary though ;w;" /sweatdrops/ <3

Well, I can think of something but it's in Spanish x_x But it's called Like Water for Chocolate (Como agua para chocolate)

It was a very popular book and movie

There's like, this tradition where the youngest sister never marries but grows old and becomes a maid in the house and helps take care of the mother when she grows older. But, the oldest sister always has to get married.

So in this story, there's a girl named Tita (youngest daughter) who's in love with a guy named Pedro. Pedro asked her mother's permission to marry her, but the mom won't allow it because she wants to uphold the tradition. However, the oldest one still needs to get married so the mother asks if Pedro will marry the older sister instead. He accepts because it is the only way he can stay close to Tita.

Although, the story has this interesting twist in it. Tita has to help clean and cook all the time in the house, as the youngest daughter. When she cooks the meals, the emotions she feels while making it go into the food or something so when the family eats, they feel the emotions that she was feeling while she made it. So, example: She was watching children play outside the window, the family feels playful and childish at dinner. She was watching Pedro work outside with his shirt off, the family feels a little...you know what I mean. Hahaha

Not sure if this is anything you're looking for, only one I could think of x_x

Guest easyascake

I'm looking for a somewhat old english movie, it was kinda like The Devil Wears Prada

There's this girl who started working for this new company and no one really liked her because she wasn't stylish;

but then she got a make-over and everyone started liking her, she then started a relationship with her boss (i think)

I know it's very vague, and no one will probably remember, but it's been stuck in my head for a week now :x

if you mean english as in from england then it sort of sounds like bridget jones' diary...

it's not fashion related or even old but this movie was the first one to come to mind.

Guest Jetblack

There's this one movie that's driving me crazy because I can't remember the time.

I only remember the last scene of this movie.

The guy is in an aeroplane, and the girl runs after him, gets on the plane and says 'te amo.'

I think she majored in Latin or something. And I THINK Jesse Bradford was in it. Not too sure though.

Archived