[variety] God Of Cookery Expedition 식신원정대

Guest Diavle

Thanks cute girl & Diavle for the d/l links ^^

Ok, my ears didn't deceive me right? He did exclaim "Oh richard simmons"?:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Diavl...3090731CATV.jpg

yeah I clearly heard KHJ exclaim "Oh richard simmons" when he got that massive brain freeze from slurping down that smoothie way too fast! Then when he realized & the rest of the crew realized what he said, they tried to backtrack & cover it up. :lol: Well I guess the PD figured most of the viewers wouldn't know what he was saying anyways and just decided to leave that scene in there. :P

Man oh man they got 501 so freaking bad. Were they trying to get back at him for being absent here and there? Either way, all three pulled Oscar worthy performances (juggling good cop and bad cop just right). The stuff they said was brutal, by his expressions you could see that he was seriously taken aback. KSY and HY really tore into each other lol. After it was over and they were consoling him HY told the PD(?) something like "I told you messing with him was not a good idea", guess she knew he was soft. And he apparently is very soft, according to my friend who is an avid SS501 nut.

It looked like he didn't forgive them throughout the show, looking very down. I'd probably be up for days planning revenge if I were him. They should consider letting him do something to the other 3, not now of course but when some time passes and they can be caught off guard.

ve6edh.jpg

Dude, I couldn't believe he was actually crying over this? :huh: C'mon man, grow a pair! I guess he is a pretty boy softie. It would be cool if he got his revenge on the other 3 but this dude maybe too soft, besides he needs one of the three to be his accomplice. It's too hard to pull something off convincingly with just the production staff in on it. yeah I heard they decided to prank him because his birthday was coming up.

Well now I know what they meant in the description when they said he would shed tears lol. Man, it was so funny because it appeared he was going to cry a few times in the car, he was so upset that he thought he was the cause of the rift between KSY & HY. Hilarious when HY told KSY to leave the car & KSY told her to find another 'fatty' sidekick and HY told her if she thinks she is the only plump sidekick in Korea & that MBC has plenty of them. :lol:

2lmv4gz.jpg

I thought HY was going to blow the whole thing tho' cuz the camera kept capturing her giggling & unable to maintain a straight face hehe.

svp444.jpg

This look is priceless when KSY & HY went off to settle their differences & KHJ has a look of hopeless despair.

The rest of the show was fun as well, those veggies looked seriously delicious (was watching it with my friend and she was salivating buckets), and the dessert very refreshing. JJH was like "So, when I was in Alaska I..." and everyone was like whatever and goes straight for the raspberry slushy. Lol at the delay tactics to eat as much as possible while JJH was going on about Alaska, 501 was like "haha really?" *quickly shoves spoon in mouth".

21khwzs.jpg

the veggie plate with the prawns looked delicious for sure. Not a fan of those edible garden flowers tho'. <_< Also funny during that dessert scene when HY was asking JJH if he knew how to say 'hot water' in English. JJH looked liked a helpless kid called upon the teacher in class & unable to answer. :lol:

2r5q5mt.jpg

I see they are continuing with the 'low budget' games.

Any idea where he is? Heard he was in the army but his wiki page says he went in 2007 Jan, shouldn't he be out be now?

No idea? He must still be serving in the military cuz like you said all info about him stops in 2007...the total mandatory conscription time is around 2 years but maybe he liked it so much, he re-enlisted. :P

I really liked the show, lots of familiar faces. Got even more fun when that guy from DJ Doc showed up as HY's older human hating brother. His character was hilarious. Went back and watched season 1 and 2 as well, the guy playing Andre alone made those worth watching.

I remember that guy (Shin Hae Chul) because he was the leader of the band, N.EX.T & CY was featured on a song with him that appeared on one of their albums. She performed that song on Xman too. Think she made HaHa a happy man that episode by serenading him if my memory serves me correctly.

Ease up with the respect, it didn't look like he knew when they talked about it on GoC :P

I respect him for going through with that scene after halting production for 5 days, debating whether to do that kissing scene with HY. :P

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Diavle

Thanks cute girl & Diavle for the d/l links ^^

Well I guess the PD figured most of the viewers wouldn't know what he was saying anyways and just decided to leave that scene in there.

No prob

That makes sense, glad they left it in.

It would be cool if he got his revenge on the other 3 but this dude maybe too soft, besides he needs one of the three to be his accomplice. It's too hard to pull something off convincingly with just the production staff in on it. yeah I heard they decided to prank him because his birthday was coming up.

Dang, guess he won't be forgetting this birthday any time soon.

It would take some effort but it could also make it easier since they wouldn't expect it from him. You're probably right though, his talking/impro abilities are nowhere near those of the other three.

Hilarious when HY told KSY to leave the car & KSY told her to find another 'fatty' sidekick and HY told her if she thinks she is the only plump sidekick in Korea & that MBC has plenty of them.

Pure gold lol.

I thought HY was going to blow the whole thing tho' cuz the camera kept capturing her giggling & unable to maintain a straight face hehe.

At least she had her back to him, KSY laughed right in front of him once, can't believe he didn't catch that.

Its pretty clear that he really likes the three as ppl overall so the stuff they said carried a bigger oomph than it would have otherwise. Also, the car ride in this is an actual car ride (non of that fake driving on the back of a truck stuff) so that made it even easier for them since he had nowhere to run and couldn't read the faces of the staff members.

This look is priceless when KSY & HY went off to settle their differences & KHJ has a look of hopeless despair.

JJH kept dogging him on by saying that it was his fault that HY and KSY were fighting hehe.

The segment really showed the skill of SKY, HY and JJH and as entertainers I think, with the heavy ad lib and all.

Also funny during that dessert scene when HY was asking JJH if he knew how to say 'hot water' in English. JJH looked liked a helpless kid called upon the teacher in class & unable to answer.

Wasn't the joke that they were surprised that she thought that he wouldn't know simple stuff like Ice and Hot Water? She thought she was so awesome too lol, 501 and KSY were rolling at the sight of her.

Gotta say that gal serving them wasn't half bad in the looks department, lol at the Miss Korea like hand gesture whenever she answered them.

I see they are continuing with the 'low budget' games.

At least they are to the point though I guess, quickly deciding who will eat or not. Its fun to watch them try to get some food out of the other group, HY had to resort to her amazing singing abilities and 501 went straight for the pity card.

I remember that guy (Shin Hae Chul) because he was the leader of the band, N.EX.T & CY was featured on a song with him that appeared on one of their albums. She performed that song on Xman too. Think she made HaHa a happy man that episode by serenading him if my memory serves me correctly.

Ah, interesting.

I respect him for going through with that scene after halting production for 5 days, debating whether to do that kissing scene with HY.

Fair enough hehe.

Sucks about IaSF: Survival being canceled but good thing we have a backup now eh?

At least she had her back to him, KSY laughed right in front of him once, can't believe he didn't catch that.

This guy seems really naive & innocent, so he prolly didn't think in a million years they would set him up like this. So unless the 3 slipped up really obviously, he was an easy mark for them.

Its pretty clear that he really likes the three as ppl overall so the stuff they said carried a bigger oomph than it would have otherwise. Also, the car ride in this is an actual car ride (non of that fake driving on the back of a truck stuff) so that made it even easier for them since he had nowhere to run and couldn't read the faces of the staff members.

Yeah looks JJH has kind of taken under his wing as a younger brother type. He prolly felt betrayed by him the most haha.

JJH kept dogging him on by saying that it was his fault that HY and KSY were fighting hehe.

What was the genesis of the prank? I didn't understand all the dialogue but KSY let the cat out of the bag by saying 501 should leave the show & be replaced by those 2AM guys?

Wasn't the joke that they were surprised that she thought that he wouldn't know simple stuff like Ice and Hot Water? She thought she was so awesome too lol, 501 and KSY were rolling at the sight of her.

Gotta say that gal serving them wasn't half bad in the looks department, lol at the Miss Korea like hand gesture whenever she answered them.

Okay that makes more sense than my scenario.

You were reading my mind cuz I was going to say that chick at the dessert place was pretty damn cute. Not bad at all. Yup that was funny when HY mentioned that 'hand gesture' at the end.

30lj8qq.jpg

3x30m.jpg

Guest Diavle

Sucks about IaSF: Survival being canceled but good thing we have a backup now eh?

Yeah, didn't think (or rather, want) it to be this soon though.

At least we aren't screwed like after High Five hehe.

What was the genesis of the prank? I didn't understand all the dialogue but KSY let the cat out of the bag by saying 501 should leave the show & be replaced by those 2AM guys?

They started with him not showing up for a recording due to being busy abroad and KSY saying that she heard that he was actually in Korea/Seoul at the time but simply made an excuse not to come to the recording.

They asked him if he prepared anything special to do on the show and it didn't look like he did so KSY said something like if he doesn't want to put in the effort and doesn't like to be there then he might as well leave.

Yeah, didn't think (or rather, want) it to be this soon though.

At least we aren't screwed like after High Five hehe.

I wanted to at least see 'battery' come back one more time before the show got axed.

They started with him not showing up for a recording due to being busy abroad and KSY saying that she heard that he was actually in Korea/Seoul at the time but simply made an excuse not to come to the recording.

They asked him if he prepared anything special to do on the show and it didn't look like he did so KSY said something like if he doesn't want to put in the effort and doesn't like to be there then he might as well leave.

Thanks for the explanation. I got the part of them riding him because he has been absent from the show & KSY saying he should leave but I wondered why she mentioned 2AM?

Guest Diavle

I wanted to at least see 'battery' come back one more time before the show got axed.

For sure.

I got the part of them riding him because he has been absent from the show & KSY saying he should leave but I wondered why she mentioned 2AM?

When? Didn't JJH mention them?

When? Didn't JJH mention them?

Right around the 07:38 mark...right after HY says 'so he was in Korea all this time?' & 501 is vehemently denying it lol.

Did they ever explain what that patch on KSY's right arm is? Is it one of those salonpas patches?

Guest Diavle

Right around the 07:38 mark...right after HY says 'so he was in Korea all this time?' & 501 is vehemently denying it lol.

Sounded like she wanted to clarify (maybe to us?) that it was when 2AM came (since he wasn't there when Kim Na Young came either).

Did they ever explain what that patch on KSY's right arm is? Is it one of those salonpas patches?

They usually wear those when they want to hide tattoos, like Shin Jung Hwan. Not sure if that's the reason she wore it though.

Sounded like she wanted to clarify (maybe to us?) that it was when 2AM came (since he wasn't there when Kim Na Young came either).

Still haven't seen that episode, is it worth it?

They usually wear those when they want to hide tattoos, like Shin Jung Hwan. Not sure if that's the reason she wore it though.

Are tattoos still a big deal in Korea? I seem to recall seeing Hong Rok Gi, Park Ga Hee, Koo Jun Yup & few other celebs openly displaying their tats on variety shows. Well in Park Ga Hee's case she has a tattoo on her hand, so it's kind of hard to cover that up.

Oh btw, please do me a favor...I know Song Battle is one of the shows you watch religiously, so I'd appreciate a heads up if "battery" comes on.

Guest Diavle

Some random stuff...

They showed a younger JJH on Section TV. Apparently his very first gig in the entertainment industry was being Lee Hui Jae's manager, no wonder LHJ was so respectful of him when they called him in one of the eps.

TVE489090731HDTVXviD-Entalavi_00167.jpg

TVE489090731HDTVXviD-Entalavi_00168.jpg

And seems HY was rocking to some CY goodness with soldiers during her radio show.

musicparty1309080318185933musicp-2.jpg

musicparty1309080318185933musicp-1.jpg

Still haven't seen that episode, is it worth it?

Which one?

The one with Na Young was great, even had a Son Dam Bi cameo and they did various fun stuff during the car ride.

The first one with 2AM was good stuff, the part with the dessert in particular was great.

Are tattoos still a big deal in Korea? I seem to recall seeing Hong Rok Gi, Park Ga Hee, Koo Jun Yup & few other celebs openly displaying their tats on variety shows. Well in Park Ga Hee's case she has a tattoo on her hand, so it's kind of hard to cover that up.

Kinda random, sometimes you see them cover it up but at other times the same ppl display it pretty openly. Maybe depends on the show/PD?

Oh btw, please do me a favor...I know Song Battle is one of the shows you watch religiously, so I'd appreciate a heads up if "battery" comes on.

For sure.

Some random stuff...

They showed a younger JJH on Section TV. Apparently his very first gig in the entertainment industry was being Lee Hui Jae's manager, no wonder LHJ was so respectful of him when they called him in one of the eps.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Diavl...alavi_00167.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Diavl...alavi_00168.jpg

Man, just not used to seeing him without the perm. :lol:

And seems HY was rocking to some CY goodness with soldiers during her radio show.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Diavl...933musicp-2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Diavl...933musicp-1.jpg

yeah CY has appeared on HY's music party radio show a couple times recently, here's some pics from back in June....btw, does that soldier to HY's left look like he can pass for Junjin's older brother to you? :mellow:

mwe4h5.jpg

Which one?

The one with Na Young was great, even had a Son Dam Bi cameo and they did various fun stuff during the car ride.

The first one with 2AM was good stuff, the part with the dessert in particular was great.

Both sound pretty entertaining, so I'll check them out. The first 2AM one has to be better than that droll, yawner of an episode from their last appearance.

Kinda random, sometimes you see them cover it up but at other times the same ppl display it pretty openly. Maybe depends on the show/PD?

yeah you're prolly right. I heard KBS is the most conservative of the big 3 'cuz they are state sponsored or whatever.

^ thanks cute girl for the torrent :)

Umm, perhaps that ad for the feminine hygiene product in the beginning was a bad omen for the rest of this episode because I actually dozed off a little more than mid way through it. I was going to wait to finish it before commenting but I figure I would get your opinion if it's worth watching all the way through or not? Of course, I wasn't expecting this week to top last week's cracktastic episode but still longed for a bit more entertainment value.

This week they are checking out some restaurant in the Chinatown section of Seoul called Garibong-dong. Jeez, it was truly authentic 'cuz some dude hauling a rickshaw just happens by on cue.

sotkeq.jpg

SS501 guy is absent once again & the gals were fretting perhaps it was due to their 'hidden camera' antics last week but JJH assured them it was due to his obligations in the band...sure! That's the official story but I bet KHJ is still pissed off & boycotting this show and is spending sleepless nights planning his revenge *muwhaha*

34pdf5w.jpg

So who else to act as fill ins but a couple dudes from 2AM of course. I'm starting to bore of these guys already. Are there no other celebs willing to score a free meal by coming onto this show?

2j5y8g.jpg

KSY finally meets someone she can look in the eyes who isn't a minor lol. The smallish gal is the owner of the Chinese restaurant.

2zyimma.jpg

Bless HY's heart for deciding to go with that short skirt this week. ;)

aoqir4.jpg

You remember how I mentioned I would love to see the crew eat some bugs & dog meat? Well, half of my wish came true as they sampled bondeggi (silk worm pupa) today & by the looks on their faces & expressions, it was quite tasty!

2cf3zic.jpg

15n38g0.jpg

The rest of the time at that restaurant was spent with the crew making small talk with the customers & JJH going around to every table and copping free samples of the dishes *yawn*...I dozed off when they headed off to that 'Russian" district and were ready to try some cuisine from Uzbekistan. Maybe the show took off from there?

Guest Diavle

Episode 84:

HQ, LQ, Stream: http://wolfbladedemon.wordpress.com/2009/0...ion-episode-84/

yeah CY has appeared on HY's music party radio show a couple times recently, here's some pics from back in June....

Just found the whole vid of that :P

Thanks for the CY Teacher is Coming link btw, I'll have to ask for those man-points I gave you back. Boom just kept on raking them in and I ran out. He out-manned Kyu Han.

Lol at CY smacking him in the eyes just in case he was planning to take a peek down her t-shirt when a staff member was attaching a mic to it.

Looks like there is an ep with YCY on the show, gotta get a hold of that..

btw, does that soldier to HY's left look like he can pass for Junjin's older brother to you? :mellow:

Dunno, I still can't get over the fact that Junjin and Boom aren't brothers.

Umm, perhaps that ad for the feminine hygiene product in the beginning was a bad omen for the rest of this episode because I actually dozed off a little more than mid way through it. I was going to wait to finish it before commenting but I figure I would get your opinion if it's worth watching all the way through or not? Of course, I wasn't expecting this week to top last week's cracktastic episode but still longed for a bit more entertainment value.

That really was an odd note to start the episode off on.

I kinda enjoyed the ep, seems I have started to watch the show for the actual food testing instead of just hoping something wacky happens hehe.

In round 2 they ate some Uzbek food instead of dessert, it was funny watching the 2AM guys and KSY sort of fall silent and concentrate almost completely on stuffing themselves, must have been really delicious. Even though the food was Uzbek and the lady looked the part she was speaking Russian. They sat her down with them and went with the flow, seems HY and her got buddy buddy quick. They topped it off with an Uzbek quiz and the loser had to dance in traditional clothing.

So who else to act as fill ins but a couple dudes from 2AM of course. I'm starting to bore of these guys already. Are there no other celebs willing to score a free meal by coming onto this show?

Maybe they don't want celebs to become the focus, instead of the food? Kinda like 501 is the perm and 2AM are the backup.

Bless HY's heart for deciding to go with that short skirt this week.

Her cross-legged sitting style looked killer in that thing during the Uzbek segment.

Heh, you could see she felt a lil awkward when they were doing small talk with that table filled with guys. The PD must have kicked her butt in there, since she was missing at first.

You remember how I mentioned I would love to see the crew eat some bugs & dog meat? Well, half of my wish came true as they sampled bondeggi (silk worm pupa) today & by the looks on their faces & expressions, it was quite tasty!

Damn, those were bugs? No wonder they were weary at first.

I told my friend those weren't friggin shrimps <_<

Just found the whole vid of that :P

Any chance you can upload that for me? Pretty please! ;)

Thanks for the CY Teacher is Coming link btw, I'll have to ask for those man-points I gave you back. Boom just kept on raking them in and I ran out. He out-manned Kyu Han.

Lol at CY smacking him in the eyes just in case he was planning to take a peek down her t-shirt when a staff member was attaching a mic to it.

Looks like there is an ep with YCY on the show, gotta get a hold of that..

Yeah, Boom was definitely trying to get his mack on even if it was 'make believe' for the hidden camera lol. The dude was smooth when he acted like he was reaching for something in the kitchen & gave CY a reach around hug. I think he stole that move from me! :P YCY was on this show? Man, I can imagine the havoc that broke loose during that episode & her poor teacher too haha.

btw, I caught that ep of HY on Teacher's Coming & man, she had her suspicions all along that waitress (former teacher) was someone familiar to her. She kept staring & making comments to JSJ about her. It was funny tho' when she called over to her so informally asking for more napkins lol. I didn't know she was going to get so emotional at meeting her either.

The setup in that episode reminded me of last week's GoC. What was it about anyway? JSJ wanted to borrow money from HY & Boom told HY not to lend it to him? It was pretty good acting tho' (knocking over that glass or plate was a nice touch hehe) & funny to see HY reactions to the bickering pair and trying to be a peacemaker at that restaurant.

That really was an odd note to start the episode off on.

I kinda enjoyed the ep, seems I have started to watch the show for the actual food testing instead of just hoping something wacky happens hehe.

In round 2 they ate some Uzbek food instead of dessert, it was funny watching the 2AM guys and KSY sort of fall silent and concentrate almost completely on stuffing themselves, must have been really delicious. Even though the food was Uzbek and the lady looked the part she was speaking Russian. They sat her down with them and went with the flow, seems HY and her got buddy buddy quick. They topped it off with an Uzbek quiz and the loser had to dance in traditional clothing.

I actually decided to watch the rest of the show on your recommendation (mainly to see more of HY in that skirt) & to my surprise it was pretty enjoyable.

That Uzbek food did look pretty good. I had an image of that cuisine has being hearty & drab....ya know, meat & potatoes type comfort food but those dishes (especially the boiled beef ones) looked rather tasty.

530ihf.jpg

Even that simple 'banchan' of tomatoes & onions looked delicious.

wiudzr.jpg

No show on Uzbekistan would be complete without a mention of the most famous Uzbek in all of Korea, that Djamilya chick who got popular from her appearances on that "Misuda" show. I read that at one point, Korean men were flocking to Uzbekistan in hopes of meeting ladies like her...she must've been a helluva boon for the Uzbek tourism industry eh?

rqyrzp.jpg

LOL at KSY saying that she can become the Korean version of Djamilya in Uzbekistan & HY saying "no, no, no"

14462bo.jpg

Also busting up when they were discussing how these foreign countries have people who look like actors just doing normal jobs (think HY mentions Sophie Marceau washing windows lol) & then JJH was saying that guys who look like Richard Gere drive taxis in Italy but that Korea has good looking average people too & starts to point at KSY & then his voice trails off haha.

2q2r3vq.jpg

I couldn't believe HY got that question right about the national flag of Uzbek. :o

2vb1rhf.jpg

Maybe they don't want celebs to become the focus, instead of the food? Kinda like 501 is the perm and 2AM are the backup.

That's possible but I'm not into the food as much as you are & I want to see more celebs.

Her cross-legged sitting style looked killer in that thing during the Uzbek segment.

Yup, that was a sight to behold. One scene looked like a yoga pose or something. Her legs are her definitely her best asset, she really does have nice toned thighs as well. :wub:

24dknl1.jpg

29lcigk.jpg

Heh, you could see she felt a lil awkward when they were doing small talk with that table filled with guys. The PD must have kicked her butt in there, since she was missing at first.

well those guys were prolly looking at her like one of the dishes on the menu. :P

Damn, those were bugs? No wonder they were weary at first.

I told my friend those weren't friggin shrimps <_<

After tasting those bugs, they sure reacted like it tasted like shrimp.

here's a pic of Battery & what she thinks of this thread...she really needs to come on this show. PLEASE make it happen! :D

2ro3v4j.jpg

Archived