[variety] God Of Cookery Expedition 식신원정대

Guest Diavle

Looks like Lee Pani has joined the cast as MC, good stuff.

So... is it just me or was the ep pretty much a complete dud? The only fun was at the end when Choi coordi popped up with his quiz and they used the go sam cha gun.

Well, at least JJH finally included KSY with the ladies hehe. She seemed stoked.

FT Island kinda really really sucked, the complete opposite of the Brown Eyed Girls.

yeah that's cool that Lee Pani is going to be a regular now. I heard JJH make another reference to her penchant for alcohol too haha

No it's not just you...this episode sucked pretty bad. It was a major snoozer. Nearly was tempted to fast forward this drek to get to the game at the end. It was pretty funny when those FT island guys didn't know what that go sam cha was & JJH suckered them into trying some haha.

Yeah Lee Hong Ki is pretty much the only one I know as well, cuz of ISaF and Song Battle. After this ep of GOC I hope I don't see the other two for a long while.

Delicious huh? Should try it some time, though I still can't get used to the idea of going to a restaurant to cook yourself.

Our trend just got kicked in the nuts :P

It seems HY was giddy about those FT Island guys appearing with her jumping to ride in the back seat and all lol. She usually rides shotgun but guess she couldn't let this opportunity pass.

yeah it's pretty tasty but I always wondered about these type of hot pot dishes since you're dipping your chopsticks into the same collective pot as everyone else to cook your meat/veggies...just from a hygiene POV :P

Guess the drinking age in Korea is only 18 eh? with those youngsters from FT Island indulging in some rice wine or whatever that was? Shouldn't they be pouring it for their seniors? bad etiquette to have HY pour them the drinks lol...at least they turned their heads when they drank (another custom of not drinking it facing your seniors)...I have to say those mushrooms were pretty cool tho'...looks like that restaurant grows them in those vases & cuts them at the table!

I cracked up at this, the likeness is uncanny :lol:

2rh5tsw.jpg

yeah, should've worn a protective cup while watching this worthless episode.

Women's Ranking 01: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NO0ZWVAR

Women's Ranking 02: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YI12XEXR

Not much understanding going on on my end as well, though the general idea is usually there. Wouldn't be caught dead watching this if it weren't for a certain someone as well. For now I guess we can just allow our inner girl to let loose.

Thanks man for the d/l links. I can't imagine too many guys would be interested in watching this unless they're checking out the girlies. I saw an article that said the pilot episode did pretty well in the ratings for it being a cable show & all (something like 9.5%).

This innocent looking little thing is the one who got to her BF's face:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Diavl...2CATV-RYUav.jpg[

Could have sworn I heard HY call her unnie at the end... no way...

The woman who LHJ seems to be hitting on all the time is really getting on my nerves for some reason, the rest of the ladies are good. Solbi's quite the porker though lol. And there was something on the latest ep about CY dating 6 guys at the same time? And something about them being at a dinner and she got her hand grabbed under the table by both at the same time? Not sure what the ranking was about in this one but sounded like which woman gets guys the easiest? Not sure.

Oh that's actress Kim Ga Yeon...didn't realize she is such a fiery little thing haha. Looked her up & she was born in '72, so she's definitely not younger than HY.

yeah LHJ seems to focus on that Lee In Hye a lot & I saw some article about it recently. She is coming off as annoying for sure. There was actually an article about CY's confession on that show at allkpop. Basically 6 guys showed interest in her at the same time but nothing came of it. You're right, she was at some after party/dinner in Japan after a concert & a couple of Japanese celebs reached for hand under the table. She admitted she was interested in one of the dudes but didn't do anything about it.

I don't understand jack on this show for some reason haha. But I think you're right about the ranking thing being somehow related to which gal would get the dudes. Seems the first segment (Boom's corner) involves pics of the gals & then the next one, they pick one of the gals to rank the others & the last segment is some survey with 100 guys/gals on the street. HY & CY were competing with each other & were top 3 in a couple of 'em.

So far my main criteria for upping has been that it has to be fun without subs, not sure how fun non-speakers will find this if they don't have their queen present. Not to mention we can't be 100% sure at this point that the cast will be permanent (we already know that the third ep will have some new women, it will be the ep in the first captures we saw btw). Think I should up it?

Oh and hehe... the theme for the da ladies clothing in this ep seemed to be bewbs.

Haven't watched Infinity Girls at all, so wasn't even aware of what the old cast was till now. Yeah, the QTV thing crossed my mind as well. Not sure how HY finds the time as well but she is in the lime light at the moment sort of and it would be stupid of her not to milk it as much as possible.

yeah give it more time & see how this show evolves with Danny replacing Boom. Like you said, we're not sure these gals will stick around as permanents yet.

Haha, I noticed that too! :P I was surprised that Kim Na Young was letting it all hang out. :lol:

She seems to be doing well at the moment judging by her new digs on Miss Gold, so I don't blame her for milking it for all it's worth.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

^ thanks cute girl! :)

The guest this week was Danny once again. this episode started out a bit slow for me but picked up the pace & more importantly, the laughs towards the end. Better than last week's snoozefest for sure but not consistently fun(ny) throughout IMHO...

not sure what KSY & HY were bickering about but the Tom & Jerry graphic was pretty funny...

mhfuqe.jpg

this episode was all about rice. The first place the crew hit up served up some pork & kimchi fried rice dish. They even scrape off the encrusted rice at the bottom of the pan with a spatula & serve it at the end.

2m8w3.jpg

the game during this segment involved various drinks made from rice. They did the rock, paper, scissors thing to see who picks which drink. Lee Pani was the first one up & apparently her drink was stinky 'cuz when she was coughing, I heard KSY say it smelled like unwashed feet. :lol:

2hp7uww.jpg

30roh37.jpg

I heard Danny say he can't drink alcohol & KSY offered him a deal to drink it in his place in exchange for a kiss & of course, Danny quickly made up his mind to go ahead & drink it haha.

2881rie.jpg

But in the end, HY ended up exchanging drinks with him & in return Danny had to carry her from the car to inside the next restaurant hehe.

14kyoj.jpg

While on the drive over there, the crew was telling stories of themselves when they were starving artists before they hit big or before they debuted. KSY finally reveals her confession during this scene. KSY said her neighbor had a dog & one day she was really hungry & decided to eat the food left for the dog. Well, I'm glad she didn't actually eat the dog! KSY went on to say the dog would growl at her & bear its teeth 'cuz she had a feeling the dog knew she ate its food. :lol:

23mady9.jpg

eq1leg.jpg

The last place was some restaurant whose specialty was bimbimbap with live octopus. I was tripping out 'cuz the freshly chopped up octopus was still wiggling around inside the bowl. :o

fv9t1u.jpg

It's always kinda freaky when they eat live octopus too. Especially the tentacles still hanging out the mouth lol.

se86f7.jpg

JJH was saying that dish was brain food 'cuz it contained DHA & of course, he tells HY to eat a lot of it. :P

246rwq8.jpg

One of the staff helped to set up the next game & I don't think I've seen her before? She looked hella cute...well at least from this angle! :blush:

kewxub.jpg

The crew was playing to see who would get to win a dduk cake. They had to pickup rice grains which had their names printed on them. Yeah, basically like looking for a needle in a haystack. HY even cheated with a magnifying glass but it was JJH who won. It was amazing how they managed to write their names on those little grains of rice?! :o

zlfd6o.jpg

ofsoav.jpg

During the outtakes, they showed JJH packing up & taking home his prize.

2wnb4pk.jpg

EPISODE 98 (091127): Danny Ahn

HQ: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EMUK1LE7

LQ: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JIMFLC6R

Stream: http://wolfbladedemon.wordpress.com/2009/1...ion-episode-98/

I agree, the ep was good but nothing special. Looks like the cold is making them revert back to the old format :(

Heh didn't expect JJH to hog that cake at the end, they usually just give it at the end but he even had Danny help him pack it lol. And yeah the staff must have had a heck of a time putting the names on there.

The drinks part was my fave, HY enticing Danny into the exchange and the win/win finish:

MBCDramaGodofCookeryExpeditionE9-10.jpg

MBCDramaGodofCookeryExpeditionE9-14.jpg

MBCDramaGodofCookeryExpeditionE9-13.jpg

Lol at Lee Pani poking KSY in the eye with a chopstick:

MBCDramaGodofCookeryExpeditionE9809.jpg

Curious as to what HY/KSY were bickering about in the beginning as well, thought I heard the word head a couple of times so maybe some more brain cheap shots? Wonder whose Tom and whose Jerry :P

KSY's confession was both funny and sad, at least she's doing well for herself now.

btw, in this upcoming episode it looks like that cute lady from Miss Gold (Park So Hyun) appears as one of the guests?

Women's Ranking 03: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JOF5SIU7

Yeah but was unfortunately met with lots of old age comments, looked like she was about to tear up at one point.

In the beginning they had them take funny pics of themselves, my faves:

QTVWomensRankingE03091126CATV-av-2.jpg

QTVWomensRankingE03091126CATV-av-1.jpg

QTVWomensRankingE03091126CATV-avi_0.jpg

Not sure how CY's pic is funny but for some reason I just keep looking at it :P

Seems our viewership is secured for this week as well...

Oh and looks like they have started celebrating in anticipation of the 100th ep, a conference was held yesterday and old MCs were invited:

Group pics:

2009113018093430017_1.jpg

200911301841471001_1_xak76.jpg

200911301720042100_1.jpg

Our babes getting their groove on:

2009113021510613972_1.jpg

2009113021514715147_1.jpg

2009113018243337413_1.jpg

Plaque reception:

2009113017471994453_1.jpg

Not sure what's going on here but I just keep looking:

2009113021461692848_1_xak76.jpg

2009113021454188169_2_xak76.jpg

2009113021454188169_1.jpg

Maybe they will show this in the next ep? Really hope ep100 is not a best of special...

Oh and a certain SOMEONE here doubted we would reach the century mark... :P

Also, looks like the first ep of Infinity Girls Season 2 will air on Friday, here's hoping for lots of Hi5-ness (something Gold Miss delivers only very occasionally). Haven't seen any pics or anything but did come across this fancam:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTM1NTk4MTY4.html

Looks like they were celebrating someone's b-day.

First off, thanks for all the links + pics ^^

That's awesome that this show is going to reach the century mark! :D

Maybe they will show this in the next ep? Really hope ep100 is not a best of special...

Oh and a certain SOMEONE here doubted we would reach the century mark... :P

yeah definitely hope it won't be one of those "best of" crapola shows...they just had one not too long ago & it would suck if they took the easy way out again <_<

This crow doesn't taste half bad haha. Okay I admit I thought this show was on its last legs & wouldn't last but thankfully they managed to spice it up a bit & bringing Lee Pani on was another smart move.

Also, looks like the first ep of Infinity Girls Season 2 will air on Friday, here's hoping for lots of Hi5-ness (something Gold Miss delivers only very occasionally). Haven't seen any pics or anything but did come across this fancam:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTM1NTk4MTY4.html

Hopefully this re-vamped cast works out. Now if they added CY to this show than I would be REALLY looking forward to it! Wonder whose b-day it was?

KSY's confession was both funny and sad, at least she's doing well for herself now.

yeah I hope she was embellishing the story for comedic effect but if it's true, those must've been some lean times. I saw in some movie that Korean gangstas used to eat dog food in the old days to fatten up so maybe KSY had plans back then? :P Glad she can pig out on this show to her heart's content & can leave those days behind as a distant memory.

Yeah but was unfortunately met with lots of old age comments, looked like she was about to tear up at one point.

I will say that last segment (street survey) is always brutal. Last week, CY seemed a bit upset about what was revealed by those peeps in the street. It didn't help that LHJ made Park So Hyun feel worse by bringing up the fact she even placed below Jeong Juri hehe. PSH maybe the oldest of the bunch (pushing 40) but she's still a good looking cougar IMO. I noticed Solbi brought up that all the lower ranked gals were the oldest ones, so there was an age bias going on lol. Dang, Solbi must've had a helluva time squeezing into them tight leather pants eh?

smf68p.jpg

Not sure how CY's pic is funny but for some reason I just keep looking at it :P

you weren't the only one wondering how that is funny...I heard a couple of the gals protest that her pic didn't fit into the theme of unflattering or funny pose. I heard one of 'em say it just shows her S-line lol. There is another pic of her at that arcade where she is playing a motorcycle video game & she is sitting on it & leaned over trying to steer it in that same dress & heels, which I thought would've been much funnier. Sorry I can't find it right now but I'll post it when I do. btw, nice hand on the bewb shot here hehe

13zao3b.jpg

Seems our viewership is secured for this week as well...

yup, I'll keep watching as long as our queens appear...btw, I thought the PD should've changed the format for Boom's corner when Danny took over. It just didn't look right when Danny was introducing that segment with Boom's bass beat playing 'cuz I expect Boom's ssanti dance & Danny don't play that. :lol:

Danny did okay as the fill in MC tho'..there was funny exchange when he told LHJ that he likes his gals with a little meat on 'em & JJ brings up her photo of her tipping the scales at 65 kgs with a gut & Danny quickly changes his mind haha.

1zwhsig.jpg

Guess this week the theme was all about "skinship" (kissing, holding hands, making out)...the gals mentioning if they would kiss on the first date or kiss in public...one of them said she once made out in a car with some guy for 3 hrs haha...there were some bizarre stories too like after Danny talked about sharing his chewing gum with his gal pal, Solbi brought up she exchanged chewed food (rice?) with some guy *yuck!*

i kept wanting LHJ or Danny to knock coco the cat off Nancy Lang's shoulder! :lol:

263dbap.jpg

Just when I was getting into this show, they have to ruin it by showing this! <_<

2uemj9t.jpg

seems this week's episode theme will be something about weddings or marriage 'cuz I've seen articles about that gag woman, Jeong Juri proposing to Lee Hwi Jae. :lol:Also, looks like the guests are being rotated as well 'cuz singers Shoo, Baek Ji Young & actress Choi Eun-ju are scheduled to appear. I misread the date on the article, I think those new gals will be appearing next week. Thank goodness so far it looks like our queens are the permanents *knock on wood*

^ too bad it wasn't subbed :(

thanks cute girl for the torrent ^^

I haven't watched the entire show yet just the intro to see who the guest was & it looks like it is that actor/comedian from Gag Concert, Park Young Jin. Be back to comment after full viewing.

^ just be patient cuz Diavle puts up all the MU links to this show on his blog but his internet is down temporarily...i'm sure he'll have it up soon.

http://wolfbladedemon.wordpress.com/

**edit**

as you can see from the caps, the 100th anniversary episode wasn't some lame "best of" clips but instead a full show that will be a 2 parter & continued next week...

the PD must've blew the budget for the show cuz it looks like this show was taped in some high school basketball gym or something haha...anyway, they brought back all the former MCs for a reunion of sorts.

Looks like Lee Su Geun didn't want to stand next to Kim Shi Hyang when she came out cuz of the size difference lol

w0p82e.jpg

Son Ho Young came out & the thing HY remembered about him was that episode at the river when he took off his shirt haha

ra70xc.jpg

I didn't see the older episodes so I don't know why So Ji Young was crying but apparently that was JJH's most memorable moment of her time on the show...

11r57ci.jpg

of course the two dudes from SS501 made their return...

2csaxwg.jpg

Think it was LSG who said KSH should do some sexy poses & JJH mentioned that most all the girlies there had done some 'sexy' hwabo pictorials in the past...so it was a sexy pose off between them & i think Lee Pani got the biggest response...LSG was there with his camera phone lapping it up of course hehe

2j11m60.jpg

mkf98g.jpg

but I'll have to give it to KSY for her poses :P

2crtu11.jpg

the next segment was some awards show parody (lamest part of the show IMO) & yes, everyone there received one...

2czwupf.jpg

I think Son Ho Young won one for the biggest eater on the show, Kim Shi Hyang for best dressed & that Kim Hyung Joon guy for falling for that hidden camera prank when he shed those tears haha...man, I still crack up when I think of that one. :lol:

2wpjwk4.jpg

that Choi "coordi" guy came out to set up that favorite game with the colored flags again & with the winners getting to eat from big bowls with large portions & the losers having to eat with smaller bowls lol

4hv2xi.jpg

looks like the guys were doing the gai bai bo game to see who'll be partnered with whom & I didn't get the scene with the 2 SS501 guys...did he tip him off beforehand & they set up KHJ again? :huh:

2lsgml3.jpg

14tlz6t.jpg

well LSG ended up partnering with his 'ace' KSY & boy, did he ever regret it haha...I heard SHY say if he would've won, he would've picked KSY and she was pissed that didn't happen :lol:

2r7yr93.jpg

as expected the game ended up in chaos so the PD had to come up with a different set of rules to make it less hand to hand combat haha

fd9d77.jpg

continued next week........

Guest adikkeluangman

Son Ho Young came out & the thing HY remembered about him was that episode at the river when he took off his shirt haha

I think Son Ho Young won one for the biggest eater on the show, Kim Shi Hyang for best dressed & that Kim Hyung Joon guy for falling for that hidden camera prank when he shed those tears haha...man, I still crack up when I think of that one. :lol:

^Hoi got award for biggest eater. So true. There is another show when he had battle to eat jajangmyun with Kim Tae Woo and KTW manager. But he lost. He also a good drinker.

So Danny and HoYoung will be the regular MC but not together? Anyway thanks for the all recaps. Fun to read.

* 090116 Ice Fishing (in Sik Shin) He so cute with all the winter gear and went to fishing.

thanks cute girl for the torrent^^

^Hoi got award for biggest eater. So true. There is another show when he had battle to eat jajangmyun with Kim Tae Woo and KTW manager. But he lost. He also a good drinker.

So Danny and HoYoung will be the regular MC but not together? Anyway thanks for the all recaps. Fun to read.

* 090116 Ice Fishing (in Sik Shin) He so cute with all the winter gear and went to fishing.

thanks for the link to that cut cuz I haven't seen that episode before :)

yeah it's strange that Danny didn't appear as part of the reunion. He also hasn't been MCing on that QTV "women ranking" variety either (I see Kim Tae has replaced him the last 2 episodes)...maybe he's busy with other activities?

Archived