Vietnamese Dramas?

Guest myluckyself

Guest tenken

OT a bit... there was a scene from some drama where the guy was all bruised and bloody from getting beaten up, and his friends are like, "take him to the hospital!" and another friend was like, "what, is this a korean drama? da^`u gio' xanh is all you need." :lol: the difference in our drama right there people.

Right on. I was just posting in another topic about Viet ppl are really good at puns & witty humor. IF only the producers could realize this and stop emulating other countries' drama

• 2 weeks later...
Guest myluckyself

^ lol makes sense

I've been watching Suddenly I Want to Cry, and its alright - it has its funny moments XD but i gotta say, the characters annoy me heaps (characters, not actors). I mean, the person who plays Truc keeps scrunching her face and Hien is just crazy... but oh wells, I'm still glad I watched this drama.

thanks for all the recommendations so far! <3

Guest habi

Actually, I'm not really interested in Viet dramas. There are lots of weird things in those drama, and the act of some actors&actress is suck!!

however, i think viet dramas have been improved. Recently, I haved watched "Suddenly, I want to Cry" and " Lap trinh cho trai tim". They are quite funny. Now, a new drama which replace Lap trinh cho trai tim is on air. It's about a handsome and successful man who often looks down on women turned into a woman lol It sounds good but I haven't watch any full ep yet :)) so I don't have any opinion about it. 2 dramas which attracts many ppl now seem to be Chit&Pi and Full House, though they haven't been on air yet. I wonder why Chit&Pi produced in 2007 but it isn't shown yet.

Guest keiryu40

Cai Luong is not a drama. It's a style of Vietnamese music and very unique than all types of music. They wear their own style of costumes etc. Although there are people who make Cai Luong films. The Viets who have never heard of Vietnamese dramas are obviously the white washed ones.

Guest tenken

I'm watching a drama right now called Tan Phong Nu Si. IMO it's goood. It's a period drama set in the 30s colonial VN (then An Nam) about a young journalist who got jilted by her narrow minded doctor fiance. Instead of moping around, she just brush it off and move on with her plans to open a feminist newspaper to protect women's rights (note that in VN back then this is OUTRAGEOUS). And as for the fiance, he later gets what he deserves lol.

Since it's a period drama, the acting is very polished and the dialogue is natural too (they have comic relief moments fr time to time which I appreciate). The issues give you something to think about afterward. And no, they don't wear weird costumes or anything.

Definitely recommend this to ppl who are sick of corny love stories and want to learn more about women in the 1st half of the century.

link here=> Tan Phong Nu Si

• 3 years later...
Guest thuongdoan

i heard suddenly i want to cry is a good one but i like "Chao tinh Yeu" the most
oh "MODEL" vietnamese version is really good u must watch it

• 4 months later...

Archived