Vietnamese Dramas?

Guest myluckyself

Guest myluckyself

please post your recommendations here! =]
Hiya!

So yes, I'm Vietnamese, and my parents and grandparents are always watching Cai Luong and shows like that. But... I can't say that I'm much of a fan of that kind of stuff (a bit too traditional and... old fashioned for me). So, I'm on the lookout for any good, 'modern' V-dramas (stuff more suited for the teens). If anyone has recommendations, please post them here. And if its not too much trouble, some info on the drama would be appreciated.

Ummm... to be more specific, I'll say that I like romantic comedies the most. But, heartwarming/emotional/makes me want to cry type dramas are good too =]

Oh! and lastly... I've heard of Suddenly I Wanna Cry, but I don't know much about it, and I'm not sure if its good?

Guest keiryu40

lol Cai Luong is Vietnamese traditional music for old people. Noone really listens to that stuff anymore except old people hehe. As for dramas, here is my favorites. there's a lot of Viet dramas coming out.

Acapella

Mui Ngo Gai

Full House Vietnamese Version (Dep Tung Centiment)

Vĩnh Biệt Tình Anh

^ Dep Tung Centimet is a movie, it has nothing to do with Full House Vietnamese version

I haven't watch much vietnamese dramas but I would definitely recommend "Bong dung muon khoc" as a starter.

There are also some promising dramas that will come out later this year. One is "Chit & Pi" and the other is "Ngoi Nha Hanh Phuc" aka "Full House"...

Guest MAixUkNOW

i loved, loved, loved Suddenly I Want to Cry.

you should watch that. (:

i'm watching Bo Tu 10a8 right now.

it's really cute, imo.

for me it's hard to understand since i'm not very fluent in Vietnamese.

it's a North VN movie, i believe, so their accent is really thick.

anyways, you most definitely have to watch Suddenly I Want to Cry. xD

edit: Tropical Snow was good too! :D

it has the same guy that was in Suddenly I Want to Cry in it.

I know about the drama "Lap trinh trai tim" aka "love encoding"

My mum is watching that show, I'm not, gheesh I'm not into viet dramas, lol;P

But you can give it a try^^

Everyone is talking about the Viet fullhouse? Is that one out??

Guest Nynna

I never even knew there were any actual viet dramas other than Cai Luong >.>

I've only seen viet dubs of dramas from other countries ><

Guest s2hurt

i didn't really like suddenly i wanna cry. maybe i'm not a fan of luong manh hai.

Mui Ngo Gai is too long, not worth watching.

Highly recommend 'Hoa Thien Dieu' it's a really good drama, it doesn't drag. it gets straight to the point. I like the actress who's in it 'Anh Thu' she's pretty.

if you don't mind the north accent( bac ky) try 'Nguoi Dan Ba Thu 2'

'Chuyen Tinh Cong Ty Quang Cao' is alright too, besides the fact that i dislike the main lead actor.

'Tinh yeu con lai' is good too.

For viet movie, 'Dep tung centimet' or 'Nu hon than chet'

Guest JessixFFx

I highly recommend Suddenly I Want to Cry aka Bong Dung Muon Khoc. It was the first series that I actually got into. I'm not fond of the way Viet series are directed, but Suddenly I Want to Cry was surprisingly decent. Viet dramas were never my thing until I stumbled across this seres. The acting was natural, and the main actress was really cute. I got hooked after a couple episodes. It had some really good moments. Best thing in the series was "dai ca lun" and the two thieves. lol

The main actor Luong Manh Hai is definitely not handsome, but his acting is convincing enough. I'm still not a fan of Luong Manh Hai, especially after watching Tropical Snow (Tuyet Nhiet Doi). I'm glad that they dubbed his voice in Suddenly because I couldn't stand his accent in Tropical. haha

Hoa Thien Dieu is good, too, but I'm not a drama person, so I usually only watch light-hearted series. The actress Anh Thu is in both Hoa Thien Dieu and Tropical.

Just a funny observation, the majority of Viet series that I've seen so far, the actresses are much more attractive than the actors, which can be a bit saddening. Or maybe I'm just not watching the right series. haha But it's all right, Viet ladies are gorgeous. =)

Guest Juuun

Suddenly I Wanna Cry might be good but I gave up after one episode. No offense, but it really annoys me that I couldn't understand much because of the Southern accent. It makes me almost agressiv. Lol. However, you should try out Love Encoding aka Lập trình cho trái tim. I also like Ghost Village aka Ma làng very much. Best drama ever with a great plot.

other dramas are

Lập trình cho trái tim (love drama within IT society, the hottest drama on Tv at the moment)

Ma làng (my personal favourite)

Nhà có nhiều cửa sổ (modern time, about HIV/Aids)

Chạy án I&II (crime drama, Golden Kite Award "best drama")

Vòng Nguyệt Quế (love drama)

Kén dâu như ý (light and short Tet drama, very good...simply love it)

Người đàn bà thứ hai (drama about generation conflict)

sitcoms:

Những người độc thân vui vẻ

Bộ tứ 10A8

Guest keiryu40

lol chinese dramas, korean, viet, japanese, etc are all asian dramas. it's the same thing over and over again. one guy falls in love with the other then later falls in love with another chick. i don't really watch asian dramas that much anymore except the historical dramas.

Guest s2hurt

does luong manh hai speek with a north accent. do they dubb over his voice or does he have a south accent.

Guest truffles14

chang le ta yeu nhau/Maybe we love each other. AMAZING drama! really interesting plot, and the cinematics are very professional and great! i'm hooked. (i was just gonna watch the 1st few minutes because i was curious who was in it but i ended up finishing half the drama in a day) as for bong dung muon khoc, sorry, that drama was a little slow and boring for me >.<.

anyway.. REALLY CHANG LE TA YEU NHAU! singer thang binh is in it, & he's sooo cute. its a very good depiction of 'real' modern drama and nothing too sappy and stuff.

Guest Juuun

does luong manh hai speek with a north accent. do they dubb over his voice or does he have a south accent.

he speaks northern accent. he comes from Hanoi. I think he has very beautiful light skin.

^ why do they dubb over his voice in dep tung centimet and suddenly i want to cry?

i think it's cuz they're southern productions. it'd be pretty weird if his parents (in the drama) speak with southern accent and their son busts the nothern accent out lolz.

is "chang le ta yeu nhau" a north or south production? do you guys mind leaving a tag as well in your recommendations? i do okay listening to northern accents but sometimes it gets incoherent >_< (like Nhat Ky Vang Anh was unbearably gibberish to me, but Bo Tu 10a8 is sailing fine)

Guest s2hurt

is "chang le ta yeu nhau" a north or south production? do you guys mind leaving a tag as well in your recommendations? i do okay listening to northern accents but sometimes it gets incoherent >_< (like Nhat Ky Vang Anh was unbearably gibberish to me, but Bo Tu 10a8 is sailing fine)

Chang le ta yeu nhau is a south production. Anh thu is in it even though she plays a silent roll. wished that she talked.

Guest Swtess

i think it's cuz they're southern productions. it'd be pretty weird if his parents (in the drama) speak with southern accent and their son busts the nothern accent out lolz.

I don't think that should be a problem since in Co Gai Xau Xi, the daughter had bac accent, dad nam and mother hue. Maybe he can do the southern accent. Not really sure about that

Guest tenken

I second the rec for Chay An. It's a breakthrough because the show is about corruption within a government official's family (and officials are supposed to be honest and squeaky clean right? :P ) I'm surprised it wasn't banned or censored.

Another good one is a southerner production called Goi Giac Mo Ve. It's about a group of high schoolers going into adulthood and featured realistic issues like teen pregnancy, homosexuality, and domestic violence. It's not too lovey dovey and the lines aren't cheesy like the crap they've been showing.

I don't think that should be a problem since in Co Gai Xau Xi, the daughter had bac accent, dad nam and mother hue. Maybe he can do the southern accent. Not really sure about that

i haven't watched that one so maybe the circumstances in the drama allowed for it. like, it would may be the case that the southern man married the hue lady and they moved to the north and raised their kid up haha. but in Bong Dung Muon Khoc, his parents are southerners (from their accents) and the setting is in Saigon which means LMH's character was strictly a southerner. it's good to be multi-regional (like how america attempts to be multi-racial) but it's better to be consistent. i laughed when in brandy's cinderella, the queen is black, the king is white, and their kid the prince is hispanic >_< maybe he was adopted :P

my parents liked Huong Phu Sa and Huong Nghiep (both south) if anyone wanna try. but meh, i didn't really get into them.

OT a bit... there was a scene from some drama where the guy was all bruised and bloody from getting beaten up, and his friends are like, "take him to the hospital!" and another friend was like, "what, is this a korean drama? da^`u gio' xanh is all you need." :lol: the difference in our drama right there people.

Archived