Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

Song Joong Ki: Descendants of the Sun actor lands on 'Hell Notes' in China

Song Joong Ki

Immensely popular South Korean actor Song Joong Ki, who plays army captain Yoo Shi Jin in the record-breaking series Descendants of the Sun, has reached another level.

According to reports swirling around the net, the pictures of the 30-year-old actor clad in army uniform are being imprinted on the hell notes for the departed souls in China.

Reportedly, on seeing the adoration of the star among people, many merchants got Joong Ki's picture printed on joss paper and are selling it as offerings families can use in the ongoing Qingming festival.

Traditionally, families burn spirit money and paper replicas of all the daily necessities like phones, cars, homes and paper servants as an offering to the deceased persons to be used in their afterlife.

WHAT?!!! Qing Ming hell notes also have Joong Ki oppa?????? pic.twitter.com/zBN1zTgsPI

The notes bearing boyish looking hunk Joong Ki's picture came in denominations of 50,000 yuan, the highest value in the South Korea's paper currency. According to Scmp, the notes are "being sold alongside other types of hell money portraying popular characters from Chinese mythology, such as the Jade Emperor, the presiding monarch of heaven in Taoism, and Yanluo, the King of Hell."

The South Korean drama Descendants of the Sun, which is set to culminate on April 16, is insanely popular in China. The show which telecasts on Baidu 's video-streaming affiliate iQiyi.com in the country has reached the record breaking number of 1 billion views in the period of just two months.

Reportedly, the popularity of the show has reached such an extent that that China's Ministry of Public Security has issued a warning to Chinese viewers that watching too much of it could lead to "marital strife and criminal behaviour".

http://www.ibtimes.sg/song-joong-ki-descendants-sun-actor-lands-hell-notes-china-926

• Like 5

Oh my, how can we not like this actor? He's so nice to his fans. "Watch out..Watch out..":wub:

CfguXblXIAAmxeQ.jpg

CfgtPzxW4AAvq1o.jpg

Love..Love..Love..Song Joong Ki..I regret that i just found out about him now T__T It it's not for DOTS, i wouldn't have a chance to know this talented actor..And i'm watching 'Nice Guy' now..I'm on episode 16..And i really fall in love with his acting there..Awesome!!

QA1.jpg

• Like 8

VIDEO MESSAGE: 2016 SONG JOONG KI ASIA TOUR FAN MEETING IN BANGKOK

MOD EDIT: Put large files in spoiler tags, it's hard to load for some users

Spoiler

160408 SJK taking photos with a fan in HK. He looks cute! Love his hairstyle :wub:

CfhrXRfUsAUF8p-.jpg

CfhrXROUYAA0ilX.jpg

FOREVER YOUNG..FOREVER CUTE

CfhopMAUAAE8xL6.jpg

CfhopIuUUAAgtbB.jpg

0429.lwy IG

• Like 5

Guest adikkeluangman

Min Hyo Rin wants to send a message to Song Joong Ki

Min Hyo Rin aired a grievance during her interview session on KBS 2TV's new variety program, 'Unnies' Slam Dunk,' on April 8 in regards to her friend Song Joong Ki.  The panel brought up the fact that they got close after filming a drama together and lots of her interviews mentioning him would come up in news reports.

Regarding this, she protested, "I've never brought him up first.  Right when I went into an interview, they brought up how I acted in drama 'Triple' with Song Joong Ki and asked how is his real personality, so I said he was a good listener and he's manly.  Only reports about that went out, so from Song Joong Ki's point of view, he might think I just keep talking about him."

CfjODXfXEAAoirF.jpg

Defconn kindly said they would edit this part out, then, but she protested, saying on the contrary, "Why?  No, this has to go out Song Joong Ki knows," in hopes of untangling any possible misunderstanding, causing laughter.

She's cute!  You get the message, Song Joong Ki?  Although he probably never thought such a thing in the first place!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/04/min-hyo-rin-wants-to-send-a-message-to-song-joong-ki 

160409 SJK in HK airport heading back to Korea. He really looks good and charming in white shirt :w00t:

CfnfLxQVIAE62qU.jpg

MOD EDIT: Put multiple images in spoiler tags, it is hard to load for some users

Spoiler

CflUNRxUAAAxYOo.jpg

Safely arrived at Incheon airport *eye-contact* :wub:

Cfm7Ho7UUAEuz0J.jpg

CfmMAnoUIAAsTxD.jpg

• Like 3

“Running Man” Producer Talks About Possibility of Song Joong Ki’s Return

“Running Man” Producer Talks About Possibility of Song Joong Ki’s Return

Lately Song Joong Ki’s popularity is off the charts, with his drama “Descendants of the Sun” topping viewership ratings of over 30%, a record that has not been achieved on a major broadcast network for four years.

In 2010, Song Joong Ki was one of the original members of “Running Man.” He won audiences’ hearts with his fierce competitiveness without caring about his “flower boy” image, as well as his friendship with same-age friend Lee Kwang Soo.

In 2011, Song Joong Ki dropped out of “Running Man” due to his conflicting movie schedule, but continued to maintain his friendship with the cast.

Recently, the “Running Man” producer Jung Chul Min spoke about the possibility of Song Joong Ki’s return. “The possibility is always there,” he said. “In a different interview, Song Joong Ki had said himself that he would appear if there was an opportunity. If he appeared, I think a lot of interesting things would happen.”

song joong ki

However, he joked, “But Song Joong Ki’s guarantee has changed a lot from the past. I wonder how much he would expect in appearance fees. I would have to ask Lee Kwang Soo. Lee Kwang Soo made a cameo in “Descendants of the Sun,” so I wonder if we could pay the same amount that Lee Kwang Soo received for that.”

Jung Chul Min PD was the youngest member of the directing team when Song Joong Ki was a regular member. “I was the youngest then, and Song Joong Ki and Lee Kwang Soo were the youngest of the members. I remember all of us holding water bottles and following our seniors around. And now one of them is ‘Asia’s Prince’ and the other is a huge Hallyu star. We would never have imagined we would get to where we are now. I’m glad that all of us are doing well.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/09/running-man-producer-talks-about-possibility-of-song-joong-kis-return/

==============

Song Joong Ki’s Parents’ Home Becomes a Tourist Attraction

Song Joong Ki’s Parents’ Home Becomes a Tourist Attraction

With actor Song Joong Ki’s sky-high popularity from KBS2‘s drama, “Descendants of the Sun,” even his parents’ home, which he visits regularly, is gaining incredible attention.

Numerous tourists are visiting Song Joong Ki’s parents’ house, according to the Dong-gu Office in Daejeon.

The house is located in a natural community village composed of about 20 families, and was originally the home of the actor’s grandparents for a long time.

Upon the news that Song Joong Ki visits the house frequently for rest, many individuals have been making their way even during the weekdays to take a commemorative photo with the “landmark.”

The locals have also mentioned that there are many visitors who go to see a tree called, “Yeollimok,” that the actor is said to drop by every time he frequents his parents’ home.

One neighbor said, “Just as Song Joong Ki is in the spotlight as an international Hallyu star, we hope that this will become an opportunity for development of this area through enhancement of tourism programs.”

soompi

• Like 7
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

@libra22 wow thank you for the dream team video. Watching his progress through all these years really makes him not just a lovable actor but an inspiring one. Unlike other actors whose rise to fame may be something that comes out of a sudden, with SJK we can really see the long incredible journey and hardwork that has brought him to where he is now. He truly deserves this. While his acting is top notch his great attitude and personality is what I think sets him apart from the rest. 

• Like 5