Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

On 11/20/2021 at 9:58 AM, EInfinity said:

This thread is a guaranteed pleasure to your eyes :wub:

Best way to start a beautiful Saturday: drowning in Joong Ki's pictures :fullofhearts:

Congrats oppa on your well-deserved award!!! The movie actor reward that he has been waiting for so long!

*** He managed to beat other actors in the Best Actor category. He honored the staff members during his acceptance speech as he expressed his deep gratitude towards the production team. "I believe I was able to have a good time filming the movie thanks to the many staff members at the film location. I want to give this honor to the staff members. I contemplated a long time before deciding to film this movie. The reason I was able to choose this film is because of director Jo Sung Hee. I also want to thank everyone who made amazing recommendations to me."  The movie became one of Netflix's blockbuster movies, dubbing it as "South Korea's first space-set blockbuster." Many viewers are already requesting for the film's second season.  I guess the "Space Sweepers" executive producer confirmed that Song Joong Ki's movie would return with two more sequels.  :heart:

song-joong-ki.jpg?w=600?w=650

photo source : Kdramastars

• Love 2

[Ishani's Picks] Top 10 Korean Actors Who Left The Biggest Impressions In 2021

2021 is coming to a close and we're looking back at the year in review. Without a doubt, this year has been exceptional in terms of Korean entertainment and its global consumption, with the extraordinary success of Korean films, TV shows, art, culture, technology and more. Here are my picks for the top 10 Korean actors who left the biggest impressions on the entertainment industry with their path breaking roles in 2021.

photo1394231.jpg

Song Joong-ki

2021 might as well be dubbed, "The Year The Legends Returned" because this year, Song Joong-ki made a comeback with the most gripping and satisfying revenge thriller of the year, "Vincenzo". Dark heroes have always been alluring but they were never this charming and we will never forget how Vincenzo Cassano made us swoon.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Hancinema

On 11/22/2021 at 10:16 AM, willenette said:

*** He managed to beat other actors in the Best Actor category. He honored the staff members during his acceptance speech as he expressed his deep gratitude towards the production team. "I believe I was able to have a good time filming the movie thanks to the many staff members at the film location. I want to give this honor to the staff members. I contemplated a long time before deciding to film this movie. The reason I was able to choose this film is because of director Jo Sung Hee. I also want to thank everyone who made amazing recommendations to me."  The movie became one of Netflix's blockbuster movies, dubbing it as "South Korea's first space-set blockbuster." Many viewers are already requesting for the film's second season.  I guess the "Space Sweepers" executive producer confirmed that Song Joong Ki's movie would return with two more sequels.  :heart:

photo source : Kdramastars

The man is a class act all the way. He carries himself with the assurance and character of an Asian Cary Grant. His humility when being paid compliments from fans and others in the industry does not detract from his personal self assurance that he was and is the man for the ljob. And his immediate willingness to bestow accolades to fellow performers and crew brands him as a star for everyone.

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!

*** I'm looking forward for SJK's "Bogota". Production got underway in January last year and was suddenly halted in March when roughly half of the production had been completed due to pandemic. Ultimately, filming continued in Korea in June of this year. I hope we could get to hear news & updates about this upcoming movie soon. :sweet:

Chingus, it is time to get warm and cozy this winter.  We are already anticipating the next season of many of our favourite K-dramas, do take a moment to vote for your favourite K-drama with multiple seasons. Don't forget to let us know which drama you wish to see the second season of. :dorakiss:

re:  Your friendly and most favourite EO team : @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @confusedheart

*** Following their reunion in Busan International Film Festival some months ago, "Vincenzo" lead stars Jeon Yeo Bin and Song Joong Ki once again made a buzz online after their friendly interaction during the 42nd Blue Dragon Film Award. They sat next to each other and shared the stage after receiving the Chung Jung Won Popular Star Award. Both still exhibit the same energy and chemistry that they have in "Vincenzo." Though it was a short meeting, I'm one who was  glad to see them again in one frame and received the same award. :kaching1:

vincenzo-stars-song-joong-ki-and-jeon-ye

photos/clip source : Kdramastars

• Like 1

These Were The TOP 10 Best K-Dramas Of 2021, Based On Millions Of Fan Votes

Which K-Drama has been your favorite of the year?

Each month, polling website KingChoice runs different polls on different topics in Korean entertainment, from the most popular K-Pop idols to the best songs or most handsome actors, and everything in between! For November, they ran a month-long poll for fans to vote for their favorite K-Drama of 2021. While some of the top choices did come out this year, others are older classics that are still highly popular today! After over 4.3 million votes, here are the top 10 choices for the best dramas of the year.

9. Vincenzo

Vincenzo aired on tvN from February 20 to May 2 this year, and stars Song Joong KiJeon Yeo BeenOk Taec YeonKim Yeo Jin, and Kwak Dong Yeon. It has the fourth highest-rated premiere for a drama on tvN, the ninth highest-rated drama in Korean cable history at the time of its airing, and the sixth highest-rated drama on tvN specifically.

The series follows Joong Ki’s character Park Joo Young as he joins the Italian mafia and later has to flee after an attempt on his life by his adopted father’s biological son. Upon returning to Seoul, and with the help of the “quirky tenants” at Geumga Plaza, he has to use his skills to reclaim his fortunes that he left in the basement of the plaza, which has been illegally taken over by a real estate company.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

On 12/1/2021 at 8:39 PM, ssteph said:

Maybe this post better to be posted on SHK thread, not here SJK thread...

*** I posted this here since it also mentioned his name. Besides, she's not the only one starring in the drama, SJK was there, so no big deal if I posted it here.

On 12/4/2021 at 1:24 AM, ssteph said:

@willenette I understand DOTS is her drama and his drama. I mean the title and intro of article talk about her, that's why I think it's better for her thread...

*** Whatever..............the articles mentioned his name there. So, again...............no big deal! Only the MOD can go over this just in case, huh?

12 hours ago, ssteph said:

Ok, thank you so much :)

I will still avoid mention her name as much as I can and will never post articles focus on her here. Same as her fans avoid his name. Both fandoms don't want him and her to be linked to each other anymore.

Let bygones be bygones..................... :thumbsdown:

*** The pre-filming schedule for the 2021 Mnet Asian Music Awards has been postponed due to a staff member's diagnosis with Covid 19. They have decided to postpone the pre-recording schedule for today's 2021 MAMA. The 2021 Mnet Asian Music Awards ceremony is scheduled to take place live on December 11 at 6 pm KST. The ceremony will be held at CJ ENM Contents World in Paju, South Korea and will be hosted by its first-ever female MC, Lee Hyori. The theme for the ceremony is titled as 'Make Some Noise'. The crème de la crème of the South Korean entertainment industry will be attending the ceremony as presenters. Song Joong Ki, Ahn Bo Hyun, Rain, Kwon Yool, Kim Seo Hyung, Kim Young Dae, Kim Hye Yoon, Nam Yoon Su, Uhm Jung Hwa, Yeo Jin Goo, Lee Do Hyun, Lee Sun Bin, Jo Bo Ah, Jo Jung Suk, Sooyoung, Choi Siwon, Han Ye Ri and Heo Sung Tae will be gracing the ceremony with their presence.  :heart3:

mama_2021_main.jpg?width=752&format=webp

source : https://star.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_202112071410180201

Top 9 richest Korean actors in 2021

One thing is for sure, being a famous movie star will bring tons of money to their bank account.

On the other hand, the wealthiest Korean actors come from Korean dramas. Kdrama has become a culture among moviegoers around the world. So their influence on us is extremely large.

It is not difficult to understand that the richest Korean actors are all present in blockbuster dramas.

5. Song Joong Ki

Song-Joong-Ki-Thanking-Everyone-For-Supp

Net Worth- $24 million
Per-episode earnings: $50,300.

Song Joong Ki is a well-known South Korean actor with a huge fan base. He made his film debut in the 2010 coming-of-age drama “Sungkyunkwan Scandal.” Song Joon Ki made his return in “Descendants of the Sun,” an enormously popular series with huge viewership, after a run of box office blockbusters.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : lovekpop95.com

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ssteph said:

2021.12.11 Song Joong Ki at Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) 2021

HiStory D&C IG update

Was watching Live Up To Your Name today. A female character in the series, a doctorwas speaking to another doctor about some of the delusions of her patients. She said she had some who swore they were being stalked and spied on by Song Joon Ki.  Made my day that a reference to my favorite star was made so casually, implying he was so popular and hot he would never have to stoop to such a thing. Love this picture. Captures his essence so well. He looks fabulous in anything and any color, but this black is wonderful.

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images & tweets! Thanks!

*** "Vincenzo" is reported to being asked about the remake rights abroad and related details are being discussed. Not surprised since the popularity of the drama proves that global audiences have already fallen in love with K-drama regardless of genre. :heart:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Oppa: An Indian fan feels Song Joong Ki's Descendants of the Sun character describes who the actor is IRL

song_joong_ki_dear_oppa_1.jpg?width=752&

For most Song Joong Ki fans, nothing will ever compare to the gorgeousness that was Yoo Shi Jin in Descendants of the Sun. Besides the unabashedly passionate Song-Song couple's chemistry, Joong Ki also infused a dashing charisma to the brave, loveable Captain Yoo Shi Jin in DOTS, which propelled him to superstardom as a bonafide Hallyu star. Song's endearing romantic avatar in dramas is surely unbeatable and his millions and millions of fans will wholeheartedly agree to this gospel truth.

Today's heartwarming letter in our Dear Oppa series has been penned by Pritika from India to Song Joong Ki. Read her letter (Note: This letter was sent on May 8, 2021) below:

Dear Joong-ki,

I'm your pretty fan. I seriously love your acting skills and I think you're one hilarious man inside and out of the K-dramas & Movies.

Your acting in Descendants of the Sun was very good and it feels natural and the character that you played in that drama, a little bit, kind of describes who you are.

You're a Happy, Sad, Funny, Innocent, Loving, Caring, Friendly Man but full of Wisdom. Everything you said sometimes encouraged me to do better in my life.

Your words gave me much positive impact and I want to thank you for that. I laugh every time I watch your Dramas & your interviews.

My favorite drama is Descendants of the Sun & Vincenzo, also your Guest Role from The Sound of Your Heart and many more. In fact, I love all your Dramas & movies (Space Sweepers, The Battleship Island).

You taught us about friendship: "True friends who came into your life, saw the most negative part of you, but are not ready to leave you, no matter how contagious you are to them." (Thanks to Lee Kwang Soo & Park Bo-gum.)

Your acting skills were so good that you could nail every character you were given to play in the Drams & movies.

You're truly a very talented actor and I give that to you. Hereby, I want to thank you as a token of appreciation for your hard work and dedication in making your fans feel happy with your acting.

Keep moving forward and never give up on doing whatever you are doing. I will always support you as your number 1 diehard pretty fan.

You're doing a great job and take the criticism as the one that's going to motivate you in your future.

All the best and Beat the Rest..

Crossing my fingers for you! Go, Go, Go.................

My only wish is to meet you one day in SEOUL. Do know that you will always have my Support System in Everything you do!!!!!Saranghae OPPA!!  

Lots of love,
Pritika,
Pune, MH, India!!

source : Pinkvilla

*** Recently, a poll was held by Gallup Korea, asking users to pick the top 10 shining actors of the year. (Korean TV Stars Who Shined the Most in 2021) Respondents could mention two names of actors regardless of gender and age. The poll took place from November 5th to 28th and a total of 1,700 from across the country participated who are older than 13 years old. Youn Yuh Jung and Song Joong Ki (both 4.1%).  :7555_attack:

10. Song Joongki and Youn Yuhjung

20211214_072324_945_0.jpg

Kim-Seon-Ho-Shin-Min-A.png

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20211214180904896?x_trkm=t

The actor and the theme of Vincenzo resonated with fans everywhere. I ask you.... who woulldn't love to have someone such as Vincenzo lead the way in taking down corrupt politicians and businessmen?

16 hours ago, willenette said:

*** Recently, a poll was held by Gallup Korea, asking users to pick the top 10 shining actors of the year. (Korean TV Stars Who Shined the Most in 2021) Respondents could mention two names of actors regardless of gender and age. The poll took place from November 5th to 28th and a total of 1,700 from across the country participated who are older than 13 years old. Youn Yuh Jung and Song Joong Ki (both 4.1%).  :7555_attack:

10. Song Joongki and Youn Yuhjung

20211214_072324_945_0.jpg

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20211214180904896?x_trkm=t

I will congratulate him, and predict that next year his rankings will elevate Those eyes! That smile! That voice! Style all the way!

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Love 1