[drama 2009] Partner 파트너

Guest ripgal

Guest gelato

OK, Everyone bear with me while I relive my fav TJ and EH moments. I can't help it. I love this couple so much. It starts off at the point when he really starts taking notice of her seriously.

1, EH is putting a compress on the politician's wife's ankle and at same time she's crying because she's feeling so bad for her. TJ can't help noticing her tears and pain and he keeps thinking about it later. Also when EU's crying outside the politician's house after confronting him.....TJ goes looking for her there and he sees her crying...I know he felt very tender and protective towards her though he tried not to show it. He was being his cool annoying self.

2, He brings her apples as if to say sorry for taking JW's side tho' as Ripgal pointed out he was just protecting EU from JW's tongue lashing. Of course while he's giving her the apples he has to act all cool and pretend that he didn't care if she didn't want them. TJ really make me laugh .

3, They are in the car and he's teasing ( he loves teasing her) her about her tiny car. Then later in the conversation when she says she would never work for people like his Dad and Bro even if they paid her millions .....it made him sit up and take a good look at her and our beautiful EU is blissfully unaware that someone's really staring her and thinking what a sweet person she is. He finds her so adorable (my take) that he feels all protective again and wants to strap on her seatbelt which surprises and thrills her a for moment. But then the client lady arrives to get in the car and the moment is gone. So EU didn't get much time to really think about it.

4, OK this moment is the sweetest. They are waiting in the car outside the son's school to persuade him to see his mom. Suddenly EU sees the Politician's assistant. She ducks down quickly pulling down TJ's head close to her so the assistant won't see them. For me this was the moment when TJ's heart started racing from being so physically close to EU. He was so shaken up tho' he tried not to show it.

5, After the phone fiasco he's waiting for her at the court(?) and she refuses to acknowledge him (she's still upset) I really loved the way he came up from behind her and looked her straight in the eye pleading for forgiveness and she walked away and he looked so frustrated and upset.

6, When the food stall lady comes for legal help at the office and TJ says he doesn't want to help her and suggest she ask EU for help since she's the naive type who will help without getting paid. He was teasing EU again but in his heart he loves the fact that EU is such a kind person.

7. He's grumbling about being made to accompany EU to see the sleazy lawyer but gets irritated when he notices EU is not walking by his side (like couples?) but is lagging behind. He then tells her much to her surprise that she's not allowed to drink more than three shots. He's already getting possessive and protective. When she looks puzzled he resorts to making faces at her. LOL .

8, They are in the car. He's bought her the phone. She's fallen asleep. He's feeling strangely happy looking at her sleeping in his car and then he reaches over to save the phone from falling out of her lap and she in her sleep holds his hand. And TJ is in love.

Asianatic my dear, love your retelling of all those lovey-dovey and sweet moments. Please keep it going. I enjoy reading them. I shall add more:

1. They go to the Professor's home for the first time. Feeling how the professor loves his wife by preparing her a sound-proof room, EH looks at the professor with admiring eyes. TJ shows signs of jealousy for the first time asking why EH keeps looking at the professor that way. It's so cute.

2. TJ regards how EH views him. In the second case EH strongly disapproves of TJ for lying to the murderer about the safety of his daughter. Later TJ got drunk in his office and EH is taking care of him, TJ is grumbling about how EH already gives him capital punishment by regarding him inhuman. PS: Earlier when EH is taking care of him and cleaning his hands, he is in fact enjoying it, haha.

3. Despite that sometimes EH is too emotional and impulsive, he really admires her working ability, especially how she cornered the director's wife with the photo tactic and exposed her lies, and how she wittily rebuffed the brother's protest. Also how she pleaded with the judge not to pass the legal punishment on the professor's wife but should see this case from a human perspective. And her final submission in the first case is also potently delivered, persuasive, touching but not sensational.

4. The cell-phone incident is when he first shows sign of possessiveness. He's starting to treat her like his woman. He asks her to dump that old cell phone but EH asks him to mind his own business. He gets angry at that statement and so he throws it out of the window to show that her business is also his. If he treated her only as a friend would he care for her phone so much being so out of character?

5. He is singing karaoke with his colleagues. Being so used to having her by his side, he feels kind of lost that she's been out the whole day without replying his calls. Even singing karaoke is no fun without her. He misses her badly.

6. EH resumes work after confronting the professor and crying over his bad deeds. He teases her again for being able not to cry this time at the mentioning of her professor. In fact TJ is very happy that she is looking good again and be back at her energetic self.

Guest JoongBoXiahJang

OMG, it is soo good, it can't just be 16 epi. I mean the romance is just starting to show and it is epi 10. Come on more epi more epi!!

the cases are getting very intersting also. It reveals the characters' stories and the cases' stories themselves!

ahhh I won't be please if the director don't tie up all the knots with all the characters involved.

Guest slypatt

omo omo omo, the last 5 minutes of episode 10 was GOLD!!!! there's a very high probability that i'll sleep with a smile on my face thinking of that tonight. man, that's soooo sweet!! cant get enough of TJ & EH!

ah, talking about lovey-dovey moments, i also like the part when EH was crying in front of the professor's house and TJ said that she can still be the one who always believe in others and let him be the one who's always suspicious of others because they are partners..!!

Guest bluebuzzybug

oh my! thanks for all those translations ^ !!!

waiting patiently for the subs :P

i didn't really feel like watching this drama earlier as most of the lawyer show is far too serious for me...

but as i watch this drama, it's actually quite relaxing with those funny characters... and the cases in this drama, it's captivating.. the suspense keep me glued to this drama...

not to favour honey lee though but starting from epi 7... i think being the tough character she, she must have some reasons to with her father..........

Guest ripgal

TJ and EH are not even a couple yet, and we can already list down so many cute and memorable moments of them together. If you ask me, I really can't pin point an exact favorite. All of their moments were really cute, funny, warm and endearing... loved all of them.

But just to add one more into the list:

When TJ asked EH whether she was still angry at him about the phone incident after the settlement between Senator Kwon and his wife, EH told him that she'd put everything aside for the sake of the settlement and after everything's done, she'd switch on her furious button once more. TJ was a bit relieved that she's finally talking to him once again, but when he asked her about the phone again, EH kept quiet and that kinda disappointed TJ. Because she'd switched on her furious button again. Thought it was rather smart of the writer to insert that line," You've switched on your furious button once again huh?" TJ's really falling hard man... :wub:

Guest jaejoongstolemyheart

^ omg thanks! darnnnn he cried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i bet i am gonna cry in the next ep.

and jungwon's dad is really evil!

but it looks like TJ's sister in law was very cool about it.

Guest Schneewitchen

Wow, thank you Jo for the trans!!! Exciting episode indeed!

I wanna ask something. Is it especially Korean or any other culture does death anniversaries too? We do death anniversary usually on the 1 year mark, and even then I can't remember having anything special planned, just gather around and do prayers. The subsequent years will only be private praying. I'm just curious because I see it in dramas quite a lot, death anniversary that goes back to 15 or 20 years. Just wondering if any other culture does it too =)

In our culture we have death anniversary on NOvember the 1st every year.

Guest gelato

omg TJ will try to alienate EH in the next ep. Preview for ep 11:

TJ is dealt a severe blow as he knows that EH's husband was the victim in the Jin Sung Group's contaminated land incident (the group's president is the director whose wife charged with murder in the second case). Blaming himself for the death of EH's husband, TJ deliberately alienates EH and acts cruel to EH. EH, who has no clues why TJ has this sudden change of attitude and coldness, is feeling bad and perplexed. Meanwhile, TJ determines to propose to Director Kim that he stops acting as the senior for EH.

Lawyer Han's father comes to YW's wife with their adultery photos but the wife is not surprised by their affair. Instead, she offers $100 million won to buy off the father and demands him to keep quite and disappear...Han discovers YW's car at a carpark and when she approaches to knock on the window, she is shocked to find it is his wife inside the car.

EH takes slicker lawyer Yoo Man Sung to court for swindling land out of the old lady. However, Man Sung who is an expert of all sorts of illegal acts, feels that TJ likes EH and so he threatens TJ over EH's safety. TJ feels that EH may run into danger because of dealing with the case and he's so fraught with worries without knowing how to do. Meanhwile, Man Sung phones YW threatening him with the Jin Sung Group incident.

Credits: leedongwook.net

Guest Asianatic

Watching the preview it looks like EH is still in the dark about the situation and TJ has the now the added burden of knowing and acting normal. He looks really sad. I think that will make EH take notice and pay special attention to TJ. It will be bittersweet for TJ and we are going to have a lovely time. Waiting desperately for Wed.

The wife (TJ's sis inlaw) comes across as a really nice lady.....that makes me really hate the older brother. I don't blame JW so much....she's just being stupid about her first love. Also, she had to grow up with a criminal of a father. How in the world are they going to resolve this situation? I hope the writers don't tie it up neatly but make it messy like it is in real life. I have a feeling JW will decide to leave the brother for good and will turn to TJ to make a fresh beginning. But then it's already too late. His heart has already been captured by his partner.

Guest ripgal

Thanx a lot _shin_, gelato for the previews.

I had a feeling TJ would try to stay away from EH deliberately. After all, he was already so guilty about his friend's death. Now with that added burden coupled with his growing affection for EH, it would certainly be a painful process for him, to protect EH and at the same time stay away from her to prevent her from further pain. But I'm sure EH will find out sooner or later, either from Grandpa or the lady selling rice cakes. Hopefully she'll be to see thru how TJ was also a victim to the same incident which resulted in her husband's death, and find solace and comfort in each other.

Guest Asianatic

Gelato, thanks as always for the quick updates.

So TJ is going to distance himself from EH! It's going to make EH start paying attention and not be so oblivious. I wonder if he will go out with JW just to hide his feelings for EH. Looks like EH will start questioning what she really feels for TJ. For now I have a feeling she's been avoiding it and not thinking too far ahead. She's been just so busy trying to make it the big bad city.

Guest gelato

Thanx a lot _shin_, gelato for the previews.

I had a feeling TJ would try to stay away from EH deliberately. After all, he was already so guilty about his friend's death. Now with that added burden coupled with his growing affection for EH, it would certainly be a painful process for him, to protect EH and at the same time stay away from her to prevent her from further pain. But I'm sure EH will find out sooner or later, either from Grandpa or the lady selling rice cakes. Hopefully she'll be to see thru how TJ was also a victim to the same incident which resulted in her husband's death, and find solace and comfort in each other.

That's what I hope too. So this is not a bad thing for TJ to stay away from her because this will prompt EH to really examine her true feelings for TJ. I hope that in the process the two will have the chance to confess their feelings to each other and find strength and courage in each other to walk out the shadow of the past and overcome all the difficulties. I'm upbeat about the ending after all it is fate that brings the two together in the first place.

Guest Asianatic

but the last scene when EH came into the shop, when TJ looked at her, smiling(still not knowing what was going on)

his eyes... looking at her. that was so pain!

lee dong wook really is a great actor and he really deserves MORE LOVE.

i just hope the ratings improve.

Yes, I thought LDW acted very well in that scene. We saw his face just for a split second but you could see complete heartbreak and loss in his face. To find that the woman he had come to love is also a victim of his family's dealings which he abhors so much. It's just heartbreaking for him.

The only time I don't find LDW convincing is when he has to get really angry and shout He looks like a little boy throwing a fit. I have a feeling he's a very laid back kind of person in real life and hardly get really angry so maybe angry over the top scenes don't come naturally to him. I prefer him in scenes when he's being sad or being funny and annoying.

I am really enjoying him as TJ.

Archived