[drama 2009] Partner 파트너

Guest ripgal

berny - thanks for the link, I think they are watching the drama live as shown on KBS, the end result.. he he he..

Guest mhugh

I don't know, I feel that I will be satisfied even if both TJ and EH don't end up together in the end. I say this because I really appreciate the beauty of their partnership and companionship without that lil ounce of romance involved. And with 6 episodes to go (and more heartbreak and conflicts coming up), I really don't know how they're gonna tie everything up and give us a really happy or blissful ending for the couple. If they do it now, it would seem a bit too rushed and abrupt? After all, EH is still hung up with the death of her husband and so on..

Like somebody said earlier, I want them to become a couple naturally. If anything, that's what we all like about TJ and EH's interactions right? Everything just flowed naturally for them. Nothing more nothing less. I wouldn't mind EVEN if they don't give us a kiss or anything. I know a lot of viewers would lament on this (I would do too, if I was watching some tragic sad romantic love story). But Partner is about TJ/EH's partnership and how they both strive to find a mutual understanding within themselves, I'd rather have an open-ending to TJ/EH's relationship with a beautiful conclusion to the last case (whatever it is), signifying how much TJ/EH have come thru via their partnership, and from then, give us some subtle hints of them having feelings for each other or something. That would be nice. A lil bit like how Japanese dramas handle the romance in their plots..

Personally, I think 6 episodes may be long enough for everything to work out. We are talking only about TJ and EH’s relationship, which would be intimately tied in with the big case involving almost everyone in the cast. So just as TJ and EH’s relationship has blossomed gradually but surely thus far, I think the writers are going to mesh everything together and give us a happy ROMANTIC ending – all occurring oh, so naturally. Yes, this show is about partnership, but the word partner can also mean everlasting, romantic, having 2.5 kids, and having to deal with in-laws kind.

I’m not sure why everyone has so resigned themselves to this relationship being platonic without even one semblance of a kiss exchanged between our favorite couple. I, for one, refused to take such a stance. In fact, I demand a kiss – or more – and a blissfully happy ending.

I’m really not picking a fight with you, ripgal, or anything like that. It’s just that you seemed to raise an excellent issue that I can’t help myself respond to.

I hope I’m not generalizing, and I know I’m going to sound biased, but one reason why I prefer Korean drama over Japanese is how Koreans handle their romances with a little more palpable passion. As much as I liked the “Alone in Love” ending, it was too sedate for me, perhaps because it was a remake of a Japanese story. That’s why in this Korean drama, I think and I fully expect the writers to give us a satisfying, no nonsense, fire-breathing Korean romantic ending. :P

LDW is really 6 feet tall ??? :o ...wow ! he's that tall huh! :P No wonder in the BTS photo, KHJ had to step on that driftwood by the beach ...just to reach him...he he he :lol:

i think khj stepped on a big rock and not a driftwood if i'm not mistaken. ;) anyway, thanks a lot gelato for posting the link where we can watch live. since i cannot wait to see it live, :P i visited the site unfortunately my streaming does not have that much speed, i have to be patient of the buffering and the screen freeze, or no visuals at all but with audio. he..he... only shows how crazy i am with this series. thanks a lot to everyone who keep this thread very much alive and updated! :D

Guest ripgal

Personally, I think 6 episodes may be long enough for everything to work out. We are talking only about TJ and EH’s relationship, which would be intimately tied in with the big case involving almost everyone in the cast. So just as TJ and EH’s relationship has blossomed gradually but surely thus far, I think the writers are going to mesh everything together and give us a happy ROMANTIC ending – all occurring oh, so naturally. Yes, this show is about partnership, but the word partner can also mean everlasting, romantic, having 2.5 kids, and having to deal with in-laws kind.

I’m not sure why everyone has so resigned themselves to this relationship being platonic without even one semblance of a kiss exchanged between our favorite couple. I, for one, refused to take such a stance. In fact, I demand a kiss – or more – and a blissfully happy ending.

I’m really not picking a fight with you, ripgal, or anything like that. It’s just that you seemed to raise an excellent issue that I can’t help myself respond to.

I hope I’m not generalizing, and I know I’m going to sound biased, but one reason why I prefer Korean drama over Japanese is how Koreans handle their romances with a little more palpable passion. As much as I liked the “Alone in Love” ending, it was too sedate for me, perhaps because it was a remake of a Japanese story. That’s why in this Korean drama, I think and I fully expect the writers to give us a satisfying, no nonsense, fire-breathing Korean romantic ending. :P

Oh no, of course not! :D Everyone's entitled to their opinions and expectations they have for the drama. ^^

Of course I'd be happy with a good ending for our couple. If the writer/director could give us that in the last 6 episodes, I'd be ecstatic! :w00t:

But again, maybe it's myself trying not to set my expectations so high. If I approach the episodes with the mentality that oh they might just end up good partners and so, who knows the writer might just surprise me with a grand happy ending, and that way it'd be SWEEET and NICER for me.. hehehe.. I know it's weird logic. But I guess I'm more of the pessimistic type..hahaha..

So, anyone watched EP 11 live?

Guest gelato

OMG, it's heartbreaking for EH. She misunderstands that TJ's still in love with JW because he hugs her out of comfort for JW is crying helplessly in front of him.

Just give you a nutshell first for those who are eager to know what happen tonight: As expected, TJ stays away from EH and demands to be her partner for the last time once the sleazy lawyer case finishes. EH is very sad and feeling very bad. She starts to realize that she misses him so badly. On the other hand, YW's wife knows his affair with JW and has a face-off with JW who is heart-broken. She run into TJ in court with teary eyes and TJ keeps asking what's wrong with her. She keeps crying helplessly and when she intends to leave TJ gives her a hug to comfort her, which is unfortunately witnessed by EH.

As many of you expected, JW really becomes the catalyst in their relationship. Hope they clear up everything soon.

Guest Asianatic

yes, when it comes to Romance I think the Korean dramas are great. So much passion and emotion. My only grouse with Kdramas is I feel a let down when it comes to kisses. Taiwanese dramas are great in the Kiss department. Somehow their body language is more natural and relaxed. I am not asking for tongue action or even close ups of faces. Just the bodies should be relaxed and leaning, not rigid. That Ethan Ruan is really good at leaning! In kdramas the body language is a little uptight. But otherwise Korean dramas still rule when it comes to Romance. Japanese dramas have their own charm.

Waiting breathlessly with everyone for TJ/EU. I hope there are some sweet scenes of TJ and EU. I want EU to be tender to TJ. He's going thru' so much.

OMG, it's heartbreaking for EH. She misunderstands that TJ's still in love with JW because he hugs her out of comfort for JW is crying helplessly in front of him.

Just give you a nutshell first for those who are eager to know what happen tonight: As expected, TJ stays away from EH and demands to be her partner for the last time once the sleazy lawyer case finishes. EH is very sad and feeling very bad. She starts to realize that she misses him so badly. On the other hand, YW's wife knows his affair with JW and has a face-off with JW who is heart-broken. She run into TJ in court with teary eyes and TJ keeps asking what's wrong with her. She keeps crying helplessly and when she intends to leave TJ gives her a hug to comfort her, which is unfortunately witnessed by EH.

As many of you expected, JW really becomes the catalyst in their relationship. Hope they clear up everything soon.

Oh man, I was kind of expecting this in the back of my mind. I am so glad the director decided to go this route. Nothing like a another woman to make the romance sweeter. If lawyer Han had been left out of TJ/EU romance it wouldn't be so exciting. I have a feeling in the end Laywer Han will clear up the misunderstanding and bring them together. I would prefer if she goes after TJ and make it a little harder for EH/TJ so that it gets more exciting for all of us.

Keep it comng, Gelato! We are loving it.

yes, when it comes to Romance I think the Korean dramas are great. So much passion and emotion. My only grouse with Kdramas is I feel a let down when it comes to kisses. Taiwanese dramas are great in the Kiss department. Somehow their body language is more natural and relaxed. I am not asking for tongue action or even close ups of faces. Just the bodies should be relaxed and leaning, not rigid. That Ethan Ruan is really good at leaning! In kdramas the body language is a little uptight. But otherwise Korean dramas still rule when it comes to Romance. Japanese dramas have their own charm.

Waiting breathlessly with everyone for TJ/EU. I hope there are some sweet scenes of TJ and EU. I want EU to be tender to TJ. He's going thru' so much.

Totally agree with you with this one. :D Story and plot wise Korean dramas shows a lot of emotions, empathy and love; but when we talk about acting it out (actions wise) they don't act naturally, you know they are in love and yet the actors act stiff. They gave a hug or a kiss but its so abrupt that you can't feel the gentleness and sincerity. As for Taiwanese dramas, i can only based it on "Fated to Love You" and yes, they are natural and tender. Cinematic appeal... check to that! For jdoramas, my observations is that they are not showy of their emotions, you can sense the love but you cannot see it, you have to feel it based on eye contact and over all facial expressions. What makes it interesting is that, though

not acted out, in one way or another you can smile and feel good based on the story and turn of events.

Guest Zombie

Hmmmn, seem like most of us donot watch this drama live , otherwise, there will be lots of discussion here. :rolleyes:

Thanks gelato for the brief story line.

Guest cassiopeia

Totally agree with you with this one. :D Story and plot wise Korean dramas shows a lot of emotions, empathy and love; but when we talk about acting it out (actions wise) they don't act naturally, you know they are in love and yet the actors act stiff. They gave a hug or a kiss but its so abrupt that you can't feel the gentleness and sincerity. As for Taiwanese dramas, i can only based it on "Fated to Love You" and yes, they are natural and tender. Cinematic appeal... check to that! For jdoramas, my observations is that they are not showy of their emotions, you can sense the love but you cannot see it, you have to feel it based on eye contact and over all facial expressions. What makes it interesting is that, though

not acted out, in one way or another you can smile and feel good based on the story and turn of events.

You should watch Innocent Love, counsel05. Or Brother Beat. Those two were great for the love part. It's true that somehow the japanese didn't do much about love. Which is good, IMHO. Therefore I watched both J-doramas and K-dramas, so when I'm not in the mood for lovey dovey thingy, I can watch the J-doramas.

And for all their fans, I'm so very sorry, I don't watch taiwanese or chinese dramas much nowadays. ;)

For Partner, I'm shocked to find it soooooo very enticing from the start. I may say that I'm a part of the 3% viewer of the drama. I even wonder how they rate this drama so low at the beginning. Seem that I can't take away my eyes of it!!!!

Guest jebabe19

any previews for tomorrow? awww.. i hate this part on dramas... hope TJ and EH will be back tomorrow...

Guest gelato

Gelato, Did TJ know EH saw him hugging Han?

The shots only showed EH saw him. But maybe in the next ep we'll know if TJ also saw EH.

Another thing: The sleazy lawyer sensed that TJ loves EH and he tried to test TJ when he bumped into him at the back bench of the court room. He told TJ, with dirty looks, that he likes EH and points to her direction. TJ was furious hearing this and almost wanted to beat him up.

Guest corabika2013

thank you gelato for the summary

so TJ give JW ahug to comfort her and our EH saw the whole thing (omg)

"i think that is agood thing" i mean that will make EH realise that she is in love with TJ

You should watch Innocent Love, counsel05. Or Brother Beat. Those two were great for the love part. It's true that somehow the japanese didn't do much about love. Which is good, IMHO. Therefore I watched both J-doramas and K-dramas, so when I'm not in the mood for lovey dovey thingy, I can watch the J-doramas.

And for all their fans, I'm so very sorry, I don't watch taiwanese or chinese dramas much nowadays. ;)

For Partner, I'm shocked to find it soooooo very enticing from the start. I may say that I'm a part of the 3% viewer of the drama. I even wonder how they rate this drama so low at the beginning. Seem that I can't take away my eyes of it!!!!

Your right, jdoramas don't stick on the usual romantic or love story but instead shows detective, mystery, suspense and thrilling dramas; which i love by the way. :D (apologies if these seems to be off-topic)

back on track, it seems that the flow of the story is anybody's guesses after all. tonights episode did turn out the way what majority expects.

whatever it is, as long as the love story will evolve gracefully im solved with it! :):P

not all japanese dramas. when the drama is about love, the drama is all about it with full passion. like beautigul life, sky of love. when i think about more dramas i will let you guys know

Guest Asianatic

name='gelato' date='Jul 29 2009, 09:15 AM' post='14105088'

Another thing: The sleazy lawyer sensed that TJ loves EH and he tried to test TJ when he bumped into him at the back bench of the court room. He told TJ, with dirty looks, that he likes EH and points to her direction. TJ was furious hearing this and almost wanted to beat him up.

Poor TJ. He's got so much on his plate. A friend to comfort, a love to protect and a big secret to hide. I hope EH realizes soon she loves him and tells him.

Archived